Why doesn't Rockstar take down....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic
Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:53 AM

All the GTA V cutscenes on Youtube like they did with GTA IV? I remember when GTA IV came out, you couldn't post a GTA IV video for more than 2 minutes before it was taken down.. And this lasted for a long time, no one posted any cutscene videos for a year.... So why don't they do it for GTA V??

Bluedonut1
  • Bluedonut1

One of the FEW people with a BRAIN on this forum.

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:56 AM

It's because of the rising popularity of Let's Players and commentators on YouTube.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:06 AM

f*ck those people. They never SHUT THE f*ck UP! ALWAYS f*ckING TALKING! Just play the goddamn game and SHUT UP!

• Mister Pink, vashts1985 and RolfStarGames like this

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:08 AM

f*ck those people. They never SHUT THE f*ck UP! ALWAYS f*ckING TALKING! Just play the goddamn game and SHUT UP!

Bro... you mad.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:19 AM

Bro... you mad.

I bet you watch those videos.

Kifflom!
  • Kifflom!

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:26 AM

Bro... you mad.

YOU f*ckING BET HE DOES

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:36 AM

Bro... you mad.

YOU f*ckING BET HE DOES

Yeah, and those people don't really appreciate a game and are not real gamers. They are just doing it for the views and the money...

• adictoGTA likes this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:50 AM

Bro... you mad.

I watch those videos, not only for enjoyment but also so that I can observe the social commentaries on certain aspects and features of a game so that I can learn more of what the consumer (Player) would like in a game, which allows me to tailor make my games to be a better match with a certain demographic of players

tl;dr 

Marketing 101 my friend... 

• Hussle likes this

RonBWL
  • RonBWL

Brave Wholeheartedly Loser

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:56 AM

All the GTA V cutscenes on Youtube like they did with GTA IV? I remember when GTA IV came out, you couldn't post a GTA IV video for more than 2 minutes before it was taken down.. And this lasted for a long time, no one posted any cutscene videos for a year.... So why don't they do it for GTA V??

IV was new in HD era, R* are afraid ppl will judge it via compressed quality cutscene and not buying it. Now that they've mastered RAGE, V's cutscene were allowed bcoz they have nothing to worry about video quality (not to mention YT's HD option is getting better) =)

idrift
  • idrift

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

Mature response.

JoeyDeacan
  • JoeyDeacan

Donkey Rapist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

He mad

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

That guy who eats pizza at flea markets

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

Bro... you mad.

YOU f*ckING BET HE DOES

Yeah, and those people don't really appreciate a game and are not real gamers. They are just doing it for the views and the money...

no sh*t sherlock. 

bobo081093
  • bobo081093

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:03 AM

It's only a matter of time before they get around to taking vids down, so enjoy while it lasts..

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

Bro... you mad.

YOU f*ckING BET HE DOES

no sh*t sherlock. 

That's not entirely true.. there are some of them that are not only enjoying the game, but discover things that not everyone does in the first place. 

stardusthd
  • stardusthd

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:10 AM

Bro... you mad.

YOU f*ckING BET HE DOES

what is a REAL GAMER??

• ShootPeopleNotDope likes this

Celticfang
  • Celticfang

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

Because their terms changed

I'll paraphrase SSoHPKC from his Max Payne vids when that game came out (if you want to hear exactly what he said,go look up his video, it's in the opening few mins)

R* have changed their terms and it's like this: You can post gameplay as long as it's in context such as part of a narrated LP, but you can't put up things like the TV shows in MP3

Now to V and paraphrasing GaLm:

R* are letting people do LPs, however we are not allowed to put up the ending unless R* says so

vashts1985
  • vashts1985

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

does it piss anyonelse off that people no longer bother to type out game guides, but make you tubes of them? then you go to watch and its not really a guide per se, but rather a look how awesome i am. im gonna sit here and fap off to how awesome i am for the next 40 minutes while you try to find where the actual information you were looking for is in my video.

Seriously, i dont want to know what you had for f*cking dinner, i dont want to know where your hanging out tonight, or how awesome your tube channel is. i just want to know where the f*ck the 5 cars are located for the damn epsilon mission you self centered pricks. write it f*cking down it you really want to help people.

• Bonnano likes this

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:24 AM Edited by r34ld34l, 04 November 2013 - 11:25 AM.

Bro... you mad.

YOU f*ckING BET HE DOES

what is a REAL GAMER??

Owning PC which he upgrades every week if new part comes out.
Owning all consoles, from first console till preordering next-gen.
Owning all games for whatever platform, including Flash games and those from Facebook.

JmanBassman
  • JmanBassman

Wheelman For Hire

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:30 AM

what is a REAL GAMER??

Owning all games for whatever platform, including Flash games and those from Facebook.

and Still living with parents?

Because I couldn't afford doing all of that, so lack of funds makes me and thousands of other people not real gamers.... :blink:

Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

Because fair use is a thing, regardless of what your corporate overlords may want you to think.

Celticfang
  • Celticfang

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

Because fair use is a thing, regardless of what your corporate overlords may want you to think.

Ahem, Day One Garry's Incident would like a word with you about that.

• TakinThyBacon likes this

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

Bro... you mad.

YOU f*ckING BET HE DOES

what is a REAL GAMER??

This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen

• ShootPeopleNotDope likes this

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

I watch those videos, not only for enjoyment but also so that I can observe the social commentaries on certain aspects and features of a game so that I can learn more of what the consumer (Player) would like in a game, which allows me to tailor make my games to be a better match with a certain demographic of players

ah yes, those brilliant "social commentaries" which provide so much insight into a game and give a compelling episode which keeps your attention the entire time and makes you want to watch more.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

Why do you want Rockstar to take them down? You mad?

United_Stealth
  • United_Stealth

Scooter brother

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

Bro... you mad.

YOU f*ckING BET HE DOES

So? Why do you care? Then just don't watch those videos.

RolfStarGames
  • RolfStarGames

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:53 PM Edited by RolfStarGames, 04 November 2013 - 03:57 PM.

Bro... you mad.

tl;dr 

Marketing 101 my friend... 

F*cking hipster.

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

Why the hell are you watching a LP Youtuber if you hate people talking over videos? 

FromBrnoCity
  • FromBrnoCity

Don't call me guy, I have no peenus.I have nice new tits btw

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:09 PM

It's because of the rising popularity of Let's Players and commentators on YouTube.

Ah man, I hate this.. well, because there are so many of them.. it's kinda annoying.

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:35 PM

Because they got a sh*t load of other stuff WAY more important than gameplay videos on YOUTUBE to think about man

fish61324
  • fish61324

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:55 PM

wow, this thread needs to get locked fast. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users