Don't punish the people who glitched.

85 replies to this topic
WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:00 AM

anyone who glitched LSC even 1 time should be banned. period. I lost my character just like everyone else and i gained my stuff back legit. those saying "i only glitched to get what i had" i don't believe that B/S for one second. ban them all.

I glitched my money back. Lost a level 41. Guess what else I lost? My time. Any mother f*cker that loses online data, can f*ck right off. The people that actually abuse the glitch can just suck my massive ass cheeks.

You just said you abused the glitch.... so you're sucking your own massive ass cheeks? Please post animated gif with caps lock off.

BosHog
  • BosHog

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:02 AM

anyone who glitched LSC even 1 time should be banned. period. I lost my character just like everyone else and i gained my stuff back legit. those saying "i only glitched to get what i had" i don't believe that B/S for one second. ban them all.

You would struggle to fill a lobby if you want to go down that route.

false. i only play with friends and none of us have glitched.

If you only ever play in a private lobby with friends then why do you even care what they do about it?

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

You would struggle to fill a lobby if you want to go down that route.

false. i only play with friends and none of us have glitched.

He wasn't talking about your two friends, he meant if you want to use auto invite ever
Plus, that car I gave you to sell for $117, that wasn't exacty legit. I gave it to your friends too, so get off your high horse.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

They should just admit that for the past month, we've been playing the Open Beta.

What other game has so many massive glitches even a month after release, it is shocking that this product has the name Rockstar on it.

Though to be fair, they had other problems to worry about. Like millions of players being unable to access the game in the first week, or people losing their characters/properties/vehicles at the drop of a hat, or the fact that since the latest patch 1.04, the game seems unable to save progress properly.

this. /thread

You can't complain about that when Rockstar stated that the first 'few' weeks of GTA Online will merely be stress tests along with other tests. Bugs and Glitches are inevitable with new products as not everything can be tested within their deadlines. So it was to be expect that connectivity would be an issue as well as their new 'cloud server' business.

If you used a glitch to exploit money.. you deserve some sort of punishment. Why? Because GTA Online is based around money, so to 'cheat' and obtain millions of dollars puts you at an advantage over those who choose not to cheat or tamper. It's an unfair process for many.. so don't expect sympathy or not to be banned if you done the LSC Glitch for huge amounts of money.

tommy_lins
  • tommy_lins

I Glitch Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:34 AM Edited by tommy_lins, 04 November 2013 - 11:35 AM.

They should just admit that for the past month, we've been playing the Open Beta.

What other game has so many massive glitches even a month after release, it is shocking that this product has the name Rockstar on it.

Though to be fair, they had other problems to worry about. Like millions of players being unable to access the game in the first week, or people losing their characters/properties/vehicles at the drop of a hat, or the fact that since the latest patch 1.04, the game seems unable to save progress properly.

this. /thread

You can't complain about that when Rockstar stated that the first 'few' weeks of GTA Online will merely be stress tests along with other tests. Bugs and Glitches are inevitable with new products as not everything can be tested within their deadlines. So it was to be expect that connectivity would be an issue as well as their new 'cloud server' business.

If you used a glitch to exploit money.. you deserve some sort of punishment. Why? Because GTA Online is based around money, so to 'cheat' and obtain millions of dollars puts you at an advantage over those who choose not to cheat or tamper. It's an unfair process for many.. so don't expect sympathy or not to be banned if you done the LSC Glitch for huge amounts of money.

lets just be realistic

lets just be realistic and understand that R* will not be banning anyone for glitches....Now HACKING is another story.

echocrack
  • echocrack

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

It's funny when they blame the developers for their own pathetic actions. YOU CHEATED! YOU EXPLOITED A f*ckING GLITCH! WHY THE f*ck WHEN I'M HUNGOVER, I HAVE TO COME ACROSS STUPID ASS f*ckING RETARDS LIKE OP!? YOU KNEW IT WAS WRONG TO ABUSE THE GLITCH, YOU CONTINUED TO DO IT! You should be hung. Behead that fool! OFF WITH THAT GENTLEMAN'S HEAD I SAY!

First of all, WRITING IN CAPS DOESN'T MAKE YOU A TOUGH GUY SO SHUT THE FUUCK UP.

Second, if you wanted him to be strung up by the neck, the proper term is "hanged" not "hung".  

Finally, no one is getting banned or reset for this glitch.  Anyone who's been playing video games for any length of time could tell you NO ONE HAS EVER BEEN BANNED FOR EXPLOITING A GLITCH (like my caps?) R* Knows it's their fault for putting out a broken game, why do you think there's been ABSOLUTELY ZERO official responses from Rockstar?

Yami
  • Yami

AP Mid

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:46 AM

No ones getting punished, If I'm wrong, I'll break BOTH disks into tiny pieces and swallow the shards.

Craigson
  • Craigson

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:09 PM Edited by Craigson, 04 November 2013 - 12:09 PM.

Ban super glitchers or atleast stick em all in their own lobbies.
That is all

Tacoburgher327
  • Tacoburgher327

Dr. Toboggan

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

Reset glitchers... don't ban, just reset. 

I don't care how much you glitched, what you glitched (money, rp, cars) I don't care what excuse you use to justify glitching, you glitch, automatic reset. 

You knowingly took advantage of something not meant to be in the game and you glitchers, alone, have set back the DLC, the content creator and heists...

I'd say ban, but I know rockstar doesn't have the balls to do that, so at LEAST, they can reset all your money and stats that you don't deserve to have...

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:24 PM Edited by darkdayz, 04 November 2013 - 12:28 PM.

Reset glitchers... don't ban, just reset. 

I don't care how much you glitched, what you glitched (money, rp, cars) I don't care what excuse you use to justify glitching, you glitch, automatic reset. 

You knowingly took advantage of something not meant to be in the game and you glitchers, alone, have set back the DLC, the content creator and heists...

I'd say ban, but I know rockstar doesn't have the balls to do that, so at LEAST, they can reset all your money and stats that you don't deserve to have...

I 'glitched' 4 million in car sales. I'm level 51, and was level 51 before I glitched for the first time, it doesn't build RP. There is no possible way they can take levels away unless it's clearly not possible to have gained that level in the time played.

The only thing they can guarantee from my social club is that I have somehow gained a mass amount of money, an unusual amount, in comparison to missions/races/betting. So the only thing they can possibly do is remove any funds from my GTA account. That's literally it.

As for the actual glitch. The process of doing it is within the game mechanic they provided, we aren't altering any code, or inputing any code to the game. We are just selecting menu bars at specific times. There is literally NOTHING WRONG with that. Especially if you bought the game with your own money.

You say it's not supposed to be in the game. Well, it is actually. The money is supposed to be in the game. Los Santos customs is supposed to be in the game, the pause menu and the character selection screen is supposed to be in the game. It's not our fault somebody has exploited that to gain money in a particular order, it's their own fault for writing sh*tty code.

Nobody is going to get punished. The only thing that can happen is they will add elements to the game. Like cheater badges, or cheater lobbies. And even then they probably won't because over half a million people have done it, Rockstar haven't got time for that, they are a business and care about money. The only thing they care about is ridding of the glitch, to give worth to the cash cards.

It's all about getting GTA:Onlines code completely right, so the game and economy can run smooth. They are probably delighted someone has exploited money, because it's early and they can get rid of it. It's all about trial and error. They need glitches to make the game more perfect than it already is.

cut-thr-oat
  • cut-thr-oat

Just another murderer

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

The easiest thing that R* will probably do about glitchers is divide every player's playtime in minutes by 48 and then divide the money they made from car sales by that number. If it shows that the money they made from car sales is impossibly high compared to the time they played, subtract the car sale money from the glitcher's bank. That is simple math and something that a computer should be able to do automatically. R* might have to patch the game to handle negative bank accounts. Of course, this won't catch "clever glitchers" who made sure to make their car sales amount look reasonable.

That probably won't happen until R* fixes the glitches and exploits (and even then it might not happen), and who knows what they will do about hackers. Probably give them a reprieve after the exploits are fixed and threaten people with the banhammer should they continue hacking, like they did with RDR.

Kendoyid
  • Kendoyid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:34 PM

love the exuses from people saying they glitched because of all the problems with saving,character loss etc,like they wouldnt have glitched if those probs didnt occur,yea right.

BosHog
  • BosHog

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:37 PM Edited by BosHog, 04 November 2013 - 12:38 PM.

The easiest thing that R* will probably do about glitchers is divide every player's playtime in minutes by 48 and then divide the money they made from car sales by that number. If it shows that the money they made from car sales is impossibly high compared to the time they played, subtract the car sale money from the glitcher's bank. That is simple math and something that a computer should be able to do automatically. R* might have to patch the game to handle negative bank accounts. Of course, this won't catch "clever glitchers" who made sure to make their car sales amount look reasonable.

That probably won't happen until R* fixes the glitches and exploits (and even then it might not happen), and who knows what they will do about hackers. Probably give them a reprieve after the exploits are fixed and threaten people with the banhammer should they continue hacking, like they did with RDR.

Depends on how high you want to set the threshold for average car sales though. It cant be that simple given that its pretty easy to sell stolen cars for 100k on an hourly basis (and this is not by doing the LSC swap character glitch btw)

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

The furthest minion of the Crimson King

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

Let's clear this up.

People in online games do get banned for hacking and modifying the game code, or using third party software to hack the game.

But if you're using mechanics within the game itself to glitch, I've never heard of anyone being banned for that.

Not that it matters. Any lifetime Rockstar fans/customers that stop buying Rockstar games after being banned, I'm sure Rockstar can afford it.

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

No rewards! Stimulus package will screw things up a bit as everyone will be able to buy good stuff. I say delete every glitchers character and put them into the bad sport pool for a week. Ban would be to cruel.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:33 PM Edited by Blasterman4EVER, 04 November 2013 - 01:35 PM.

Hey darkdayz... F*CK YOU.

You insulting degenerate piece of garbage... your fallacious reasoning is trash and you know it.

As if pressing pause and entering and exiting a broken store that doesn't sell anything right now is actually some sort of game mechanic.

You are a dirty no-good loser bum glitching POS CS and you can go f*ck yourself and I hope you get banned or spawn killed for the rest of your life in any game you play.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:35 PM Edited by Blasterman4EVER, 04 November 2013 - 01:36 PM.

Also for the people saying they could have made all that money legit making 100k an hour.... which is a joke to begin with....

That would mean you better not have any time whatsoever devoted to races, missions, or anything else, as all of those things take time and will cut into your crooked loser bum garbage glitched out jobs/sales to time spent playing ratio you worthless morons.

Saul G Man
  • Saul G Man

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

Can I ask, are these all just assumptions or have Rockstar came out and said anything?

edub1906
  • edub1906

EST--5 hrs behind UK/14 hrs behind AUS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:12 PM Edited by edub1906, 04 November 2013 - 02:28 PM.

Can I ask, are these all just assumptions or have Rockstar came out and said anything?

At this point everything is speculation.  Hard to say what ultimately will happen other than a guarantee of 100+ threads from people railing on Rockstar for not banning/character resetting, etc. OR 100+ posts from people pissed that Rockstar gave out some sort of punishment.

Not to mention the multiple threads from our fellow forum members kicking each other in the nutz for either support or not supporting Rockstar's actions (or lack of).

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:19 PM

Ultimately I'd like to see people who glitched have their accounts reset. I don't want to see anyone banned but I'd love to see a stop to the people who run around the maps at levels under 100  spamming crap like sticky bombs. I have stickies too but I only use them when I know I'm going to get paid more than the cost of the ammunition. If people run around spamming stickies they would constantly be broke, preventing them from spamming them in the first place. It'd only take a few times of this for them to learn not to use them so freely.

I'd also like to see their garages emptied and all owned property taken from them as punishment. So start with 0 dollars and work your way up like the rest of us did essentially. I feel like this would be fair.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:32 PM Edited by darkdayz, 04 November 2013 - 02:41 PM.

Hey darkdayz... F*CK YOU.

You insulting degenerate piece of garbage... your fallacious reasoning is trash and you know it.

As if pressing pause and entering and exiting a broken store that doesn't sell anything right now is actually some sort of game mechanic.

You are a dirty no-good loser bum glitching POS CS and you can go f*ck yourself and I hope you get banned or spawn killed for the rest of your life in any game you play.

I didn't insult anybody but Rockstar for not developing solid enough code to limit the amount of glitches possible, or not to fix it yet. I haven't insulted anyone else actually, unlike yourself. I bow to Rockstar as they are one of the best developers out there. They rule the games industry. They wrote a bad bit of code, they will patch it up and nobody will do it again. If we didn't glitch it, they wouldn't of known about it and it wouldn't get fixed, so it's better that people are doing it now, and not a year down the line when people have poured all their hard earned money into cash cards and DLC.

I didn't say anything about the store. The money glitch I used (to a limit, just to test), uses the character selection screen, and considering I have two characters, there is nothing wrong about me accessing it, I already read the terms and conditions of Grand Theft Auto V, and it doesn't once mention anything I have done as being wrong, or will result in anything negative. These are all mechanics of the game that Rockstar developed, to dismiss that is completely dillusional.

As for the above comment about accounts being reset. There is no need. I have gained my level 51 character from legitimate missions without glitching. I harmlessly glitched some money and got some cars. If anything, they need to strip people of what they have glitched, so for me, the cars/guns bought with glitched money and remaining money. Which I'm happy with. But there is no way on hell they have time for that, especially considering how many people have done it. But If they take away things people have gained, that's wrong, two of my sports cars have been bought through proper means basically. More wrong than glitching, considering we have all payed for the game and contributed to Rockstars 7 Guiness world records. I have put 80 hours into GTA:Online, I only glitched for a few cars. It's harmless really.

I feel safe with my player even after glitching. Howver I think if your a level 150 multi-millionare, with only 10 hours on the clock, I think they will take a little harsher action.

• edub1906 likes this

madwullie
  • madwullie

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

I 'glitched' 4 million in car sales. I'm level 51, and was level 51 before I glitched for the first time, it doesn't build RP. There is no possible way they can take levels away unless it's clearly not possible to have gained that level in the time played.

Rockstar can do what they like

The only thing they can guarantee from my social club is that I have somehow gained a mass amount of money, an unusual amount, in comparison to missions/races/betting. So the only thing they can possibly do is remove any funds from my GTA account. That's literally it.

No it isn't. Rockstar can do whatever they decide to do

As for the actual glitch. The process of doing it is within the game mechanic they provided, we aren't altering any code, or inputing any code to the game. We are just selecting menu bars at specific times. There is literally NOTHING WRONG with that. Especially if you bought the game with your own money.

Yes there is. This is not functioning as intended. Are you seriously suggesting that Rockstar meant for people to do this?

You say it's not supposed to be in the game. Well, it is actually. The money is supposed to be in the game. Los Santos customs is supposed to be in the game, the pause menu and the character selection screen is supposed to be in the game. It's not our fault somebody has exploited that to gain money in a particular order, it's their own fault for writing sh*tty code.

Pathetic attempt at justification of someone who knows they have done wrong

Nobody is going to get punished. The only thing that can happen is they will add elements to the game. Like cheater badges, or cheater lobbies. And even then they probably won't because over half a million people have done it, Rockstar haven't got time for that, they are a business and care about money. The only thing they care about is ridding of the glitch, to give worth to the cash cards.

Who is your inside source at Rockstar?

It's all about getting GTA:Onlines code completely right, so the game and economy can run smooth. They are probably delighted someone has exploited money, because it's early and they can get rid of it. It's all about trial and error. They need glitches to make the game more perfect than it already is.

You are a hero mate, a true man of the people, just misunderstood

Keeper of the Light
  • Keeper of the Light

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

love the exuses from people saying they glitched because of all the problems with saving,character loss etc,like they wouldnt have glitched if those probs didnt occur,yea right.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

I'm not going to argue any further. Just read the T&C's, and message me if you find something I have done wrong that I've overlooked.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:04 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 04 November 2013 - 03:16 PM.

Rockstar is after all partially responsible for the exploits. At first I thought it would be cool to punish the people who glitched by having a mugger attack them once a day(ingame time). But now I think it'd be a better idea to instead reward the folks who did not glitch. No, not the stimulus package. lol. 

It wasn`t Rockstar that logged your avatar and duped bikes for hours.

Problem with the cheater pool is that there isnt going to be a lot of people left who haven't done cheated.

Where do you draw the line?

Duped cars, $3m, $5m, $10m?  

This is simple: http://gtaforums.com...entry1063715405 <--- some ideas thrown around how to identify cheaters. Not perfect and not definitive, so there may be tools that can pinpoint them better.

Regardless, only a fool would think that any company cannot monitor it`s games, or enforce them.

everydaynormalguy
  • everydaynormalguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:07 PM Edited by everydaynormalguy, 04 November 2013 - 03:08 PM.

Rockstar is after all partially responsible for the exploits. At first I thought it would be cool to punish the people who glitched by having a mugger attack them once a day(ingame time). But now I think it'd be a better idea to instead reward the folks who did not glitch. No, not the stimulus package. lol. 

im done

HowToRoot
  • HowToRoot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

It's been a month and not a single ban has happened, they simply dont give a sh*t, stop making these dumbass threads.

• Saul G Man likes this

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

I'm sick and tired of people bitching and complaining about glitchers being punished. It's just a f*cking game, and you KNEW Rockstar was going to try and do something about it, and yet you STILL kept at it because you are an ignorant and impatient little douchebag.

The irony is that you DON'T want to be forced to play with other glitchers just like YOU.

Entity9f
  • Entity9f

COYG

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

I'm sick and tired of people bitching and complaining about glitchers being punished. It's just a f*cking game, and you KNEW Rockstar was going to try and do something about it, and yet you STILL kept at it because you are an ignorant and impatient little douchebag.
The irony is that you DON'T want to be forced to play with other glitchers just like YOU.

Right, because who wouldnt want to play with nearly half of the community? R* has waited far too long to even take action now because pretty much everyone is exploiting in the game. You ever see 5+ people drive to LSC and just vanish together? They're glitching. And more and more do it each day.

Goldzero
  • Goldzero

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

The stimulus package is still not here. The upcoming dlc content is delayed. The online stock market probably never gets released.

You know what really makes me laugh? The idiots who've done the money glitch, knowing what they've done to the game, and still keep pretending that what they did was not wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users