Photo

Don't punish the people who glitched.

85 replies to this topic
Shieldtox
  • Shieldtox

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:49 AM

Rockstar is after all partially responsible for the exploits. At first I thought it would be cool to punish the people who glitched by having a mugger attack them once a day(ingame time). But now I think it'd be a better idea to instead reward the folks who did not glitch. No, not the stimulus package. lol. 

Nipper
  • Nipper

Beware the 'stache

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:53 AM

Another one. Excellent.

Ivan Danzig
  • Ivan Danzig

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:54 AM

no amount of begging will stop it.  they probably wont ban glitchers and cheaters but most likely there will be a cheater pool where you can all play with just your cheating buddies.

i think a character wipe is possible though because the glitchers are the ones that would have bought money cards and still will after they are wiped.

DannyMan
  • DannyMan

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:54 AM

Can you f*ck off? I say ban anyone who glitch
  • Horndog_SA, Mart1001, Shellfish and 1 other like this

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

The furthest minion of the Crimson King

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:58 AM

They should just admit that for the past month, we've been playing the Open Beta.

What other game has so many massive glitches even a month after release, it is shocking that this product has the name Rockstar on it.

Though to be fair, they had other problems to worry about. Like millions of players being unable to access the game in the first week, or people losing their characters/properties/vehicles at the drop of a hat, or the fact that since the latest patch 1.04, the game seems unable to save progress properly.

Nipper
  • Nipper

Beware the 'stache

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:00 AM

Didn't they have a closed beta before Oct 1st?

If not, it explains a lot.

If they did, well... speechless. 

Relax_and_Get_High
  • Relax_and_Get_High

I smoked with Johnny Hopkins

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:00 AM

They should just admit that for the past month, we've been playing the Open Beta.

What other game has so many massive glitches even a month after release, it is shocking that this product has the name Rockstar on it.

Though to be fair, they had other problems to worry about. Like millions of players being unable to access the game in the first week, or people losing their characters/properties/vehicles at the drop of a hat, or the fact that since the latest patch 1.04, the game seems unable to save progress properly.

this. /thread
  • BurningBalls likes this

Halver7
  • Halver7

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:05 AM

They should of had 3 month of beta testing from normal gamers....like every other game does.

But they were obsessed with keeping it all huge secret and spat there dummy out if any info was leaked.

They released it and on day one they had there cash cards up for sale thinking they were going to take more of our money for this broken yawn fest.

Stole cars off me, reset characters, guns I buy vanish, 15k worth of mini gun ammo vanishes all the time.

So people glitched....R* Got what they deserved.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:10 AM

It's Rockstars fault everyone cheated.

It's God's fault we die because he invented murder.

• Phyxsius-, marvinthebox and Str1p3s like this

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:11 AM

Even EA games don't have so many massive glitches, a month after their products come out.

Rockstar needs to do some serious damage control, as if having "the worst launch ever" (in terms of numbers of players unable to play) was not a bad enough distinction already.

All these massive and game-breaking bugs, glitches, and sheer failing... could have been held off with a 1-week open Beta.

But they didn't do that. They already paid the price, since the vast majority of profits from micro-transactions come within the first week, they lost pretty much all their projected revenue from the micro-transactions. But it could be worse, they could alienate large numbers of long-term Rockstar fans and customers, by not fixing GTA Online.

Shieldtox
  • Shieldtox

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:36 AM Edited by Shieldtox, 04 November 2013 - 05:36 AM.

lold at people getting pissed at my post. At the end of the day it's still just a game bro no need to be so  emotionally attached.

GoldMouf
  • GoldMouf

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:16 AM

Rockstar is after all partially responsible for the exploits. At first I thought it would be cool to punish the people who glitched by having a mugger attack them once a day(ingame time). But now I think it'd be a better idea to instead reward the folks who did not glitch. No, not the stimulus package. lol.

Dude shut up

BosHog
  • BosHog

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:20 AM

Problem with the cheater pool is that there isnt going to be a lot of people left who haven't done cheated.

Where do you draw the line?

Duped cars, $3m, $5m, $10m?  

iPsychoM
  • iPsychoM

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:21 AM

I will send a mugger to your house if I se one more bs thread like this. He will take all your money, slap your mom in the face, and burn your ps3/xbox.

Keeper of the Light
  • Keeper of the Light

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:29 AM

I buy cash cards /sarcasm

Shieldtox
  • Shieldtox

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:37 AM

Problem with the cheater pool is that there isnt going to be a lot of people left who haven't done cheated.

Where do you draw the line?

Duped cars, $3m, $5m, $10m?  

Exactly.. and what if it turns out at least half belong in there. Then there's not much of a punishment actually, since everyone gets "shifted" together into a new lobby.

It's actually much simpler to reward the ones who didn't cheat(or a little) than try to punish those who actually did cheat. But we have people who don't think things through only knowing how to demand that glitchers get banned.

Personally I'm indifferent to whatever the outcome, I'm more interested in how they're going to handle the situation.

mealymouthmongolian
  • mealymouthmongolian

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

I'm all for them rewarding players that didn't glitch.  It won't ever happen, but I'm all for it.  As for people who get all butt-hurt over people wanting glitchers to be banned, tough stuff pal.  You can cry that "it's R*'s fault!" or "It's in the game so I can do it!" all you want.  In the end you still know that it's wrong.  If somebody drops a big pile of money on the street and nobody sees you pick it up it's still wrong to keep it even if it's "their fault" they dropped it.  Just accept the fact that you're a douchenozzle and people who play the game "legit" are going to be upset with you for being said douchenozzle.

In the end, if glitchers get banned I'll be happy that they got banned.  If they don't get banned, I won't be unhappy that they didn't.  Life happens, move on and deal with it.

• Mart1001 likes this

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

It could be like Team Fortress 2, where players that did not cheat during a specified time period got a special hat, like an Angel's Halo.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:05 AM

Punish people who glitched HARD. They are such bums and lack personal accountability so much that they blame Rockstar for how terrible they are at gaming and how much they destroy and ruin the online game.

You make me want to puke my guts out.
  • Mart1001 likes this

MUT3D
  • MUT3D

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:18 AM

anyone who glitched LSC even 1 time should be banned. period. I lost my character just like everyone else and i gained my stuff back legit. those saying "i only glitched to get what i had" i don't believe that B/S for one second. ban them all.

• Mart1001 likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

06kkGov.gif
  • marvinthebox and tommy_lins like this

BosHog
  • BosHog

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:22 AM

anyone who glitched LSC even 1 time should be banned. period. I lost my character just like everyone else and i gained my stuff back legit. those saying "i only glitched to get what i had" i don't believe that B/S for one second. ban them all.

You would struggle to fill a lobby if you want to go down that route.

• WBaker likes this

Shieldtox
  • Shieldtox

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

Keep in mind that this discussion is not whether glitching is "morally right" or not. Leave that for another thread. It's about how Rockstar is going to handle the situation. From a game developer's standpoint, they are responsible for the glitch. If an armored truck accidentally leaves a bag full of cash in the middle of the streets, they are responsible for leaving it there.

keenanandkel984
  • keenanandkel984

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

give all people who didn't glitch the God Car

but don't include people who duped cars as cheaters so i get one too

thx

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

It's funny when they blame the developers for their own pathetic actions. YOU CHEATED! YOU EXPLOITED A f*ckING GLITCH! WHY THE f*ck WHEN I'M HUNGOVER, I HAVE TO COME ACROSS STUPID ASS f*ckING RETARDS LIKE OP!? YOU KNEW IT WAS WRONG TO ABUSE THE GLITCH, YOU CONTINUED TO DO IT! You should be hung. Behead that fool! OFF WITH THAT GENTLEMAN'S HEAD I SAY!

MUT3D
  • MUT3D

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

You would struggle to fill a lobby if you want to go down that route.

false. i only play with friends and none of us have glitched.

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

I glitched my money back. Lost a level 41. Guess what else I lost? My time. Any mother f*cker that loses online data, can f*ck right off. The people that actually abuse the glitch can just suck my massive ass cheeks.

Hootytooty
  • Hootytooty

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

Glitching is god's way of rewarding the virtually virtuous.

staticguy
  • staticguy

★ Watch out for ur stop!We go deep into the ghetto!

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

06kkGov.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:57 AM

It's funny when they blame the developers for their own pathetic actions. YOU CHEATED! YOU EXPLOITED A f*ckING GLITCH! WHY THE f*ck WHEN I'M HUNGOVER, I HAVE TO COME ACROSS STUPID ASS f*ckING RETARDS LIKE OP!? YOU KNEW IT WAS WRONG TO ABUSE THE GLITCH, YOU CONTINUED TO DO IT! You should be hung. Behead that fool! OFF WITH THAT GENTLEMAN'S HEAD I SAY!

Your caps lock is on. Cool story. I had a gerbil that would follow me around once too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users