Quantcast

» «
Photo

whats the point of upgrading the engine?

25 replies to this topic
soldat89
  • soldat89

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:38 AM

if i already have turbo??

my acccel is maxed out w turbo so is there a point to it?

IcePwrd
  • IcePwrd

Things n' stuff

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:43 AM

if i already have turbo??

my acccel is maxed out w turbo so is there a point to it?

don't pay attention to the bars, it does make a difference

lokdogiv
  • lokdogiv

CREW:GTAPJT & GTAPJT RACING.PSN: LokDog_IV

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:44 AM

Yes the engine upgraded definitely makes a difference you may not see it in it's stats bar ,but it adds more power for sure

Dr.Huge Poop
  • Dr.Huge Poop

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:51 AM

V-12> V-4

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

The furthest minion of the Crimson King

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:54 AM

The stats bar in LSC is bugged to sh*t.

Host any race, and on the car select screen, it will give you the actual stats.

• lokdogiv likes this

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:01 AM

V-12> V-4

I4 > V4

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:04 AM

DOHC > SOHC.

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:06 AM

rotary > better then the rest

• EyeMacHunt likes this

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:07 AM

So regarding that question, I if upgrade the engine in my car, and also the transmision and add turbo, will it make a difference even if the bar is maxed out ? Will that be too much power for the brakes to handle ?

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

Loose as I made your mother last night

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:07 AM

V-12> V-4

I4 > V4

I6 > I4

Matty079
  • Matty079

Slammed Schwartzer Slidin

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:11 AM

V-12> V-4

I4 > V4

I6 > I4

I6 > all

JOEBEEZ
  • JOEBEEZ

Fanny Bandit

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:14 AM

So regarding that question, I if upgrade the engine in my car, and also the transmision and add turbo, will it make a difference even if the bar is maxed out ? Will that be too much power for the brakes to handle ?

Yes, LSC/garage stats are poop, go into a race and see the difference in stats from your custom car to a stock one. My custom Coquette is 5 seconds a lap faster on down the drain than a stock one with all engine mods.

Second question, No, power does not affect brakes directly, higher speed resulting from engine upgrades would mean you'd have to slow down earlier. You should upgrade your brakes and suspension as you upgrade power anyway, this way you don't throw the balance of the car off.

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:18 AM

Yes, LSC/garage stats are poop, go into a race and see the difference in stats from your custom car to a stock one. My custom Coquette is 5 seconds a lap faster on down the drain than a stock one with all engine mods.

Second question, No, power does not affect brakes directly, higher speed resulting from engine upgrades would mean you'd have to slow down earlier. You should upgrade your brakes and suspension as you upgrade power anyway, this way you don't throw the balance of the car off.

I also have a coquette, I haven't unlocked all the upgrades though. What suspension upgrade do you recomend ? I really don't know what to upgrade in the coquette

zippyhybrid
  • zippyhybrid

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:31 AM

I'd also suggest making sure you upgrade the transmission as you upgrade the engine and turbo. Although it doesn't show much improvement on the stats bar it makes the drivetrain much more responsive. The car will jump off the line faster, and if you get into a slide it becomes much easier to regain control, at least with the AWD vehicles.

FrissioNx
  • FrissioNx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:32 AM

I have upgraded a few cars after maxing acceleration and I can tell you it absolutely makes a difference. I've improved fastest laps on several courses with upgrading parts after maxing acceleration

JOEBEEZ
  • JOEBEEZ

Fanny Bandit

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:43 AM Edited by JOEBEEZ, 04 November 2013 - 03:50 AM.

I also have a coquette, I haven't unlocked all the upgrades though. What suspension upgrade do you recomend ? I really don't know what to upgrade in the coquette

Just go with the upgrades you have unlocked so far, always try and get the best parts you have unlocked at the time, unless if you know you're close to unlocking the next stage. Like if you're 2 wins away from lvl 4 engine why spend 20 grand on lvl 3 when you can race for 15-20 mins and unlock the better one.

Word of warning about upgrades, they change the characteristics of the car meaning you will have to adjust how you drive them. Due to the boost in acceleration and speed cars have have more wheelspin and have a higher corner entry speed, meaning you have to slow down earlier to make the same corner.

To many times I see guys with hotted up Feltzers/comets coming into turns way too quick and getting wiped out when they understeer into the nearby bushes.

heybud
  • heybud

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:49 AM

To make the car go fast

charles1029
  • charles1029

On PS3

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:09 AM

i wonder if lowering the car gives you better handling in the game? obviously no change we could see in the stats but how about when actually driving it? anyone noticed any difference?

p.s. in truth (reality) upgrading engines should give us better top speed too, i just hope one day R* would make this change too.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:13 AM

rotary > better than the rest

• DMC14 likes this

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:25 AM

i wonder if lowering the car gives you better handling in the game? obviously no change we could see in the stats but how about when actually driving it? anyone noticed any difference?

p.s. in truth (reality) upgrading engines should give us better top speed too, i just hope one day R* would make this change too.

I can't say for certain, but I think lowering the car does help when going around corners.

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:28 AM

Do you know how a car works? Increasing the Horsepower of an engine increases the torque of the driveshaft, thereby increasing the acceleration of the vehicle. By modifying the transmission afterward, you can increase top speed.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:50 AM

Wow so this is why I suck at racing. Does suspension make a difference too ? Also the tires do they make a difference ? I thought all of it was cosmetic .

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:53 AM

Wow so this is why I suck at racing. Does suspension make a difference too ? Also the tires do they make a difference ? I thought all of it was cosmetic .

It makes a difference if Custom Vehicles are enabled for the race.

Which they usually are.

KemistiOMG
  • KemistiOMG

Science, Bitch!

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:56 AM

The cake is a lie. 

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:05 AM Edited by Daimondl, 04 November 2013 - 05:05 AM.

Just go with the upgrades you have unlocked so far, always try and get the best parts you have unlocked at the time, unless if you know you're close to unlocking the next stage. Like if you're 2 wins away from lvl 4 engine why spend 20 grand on lvl 3 when you can race for 15-20 mins and unlock the better one.

Word of warning about upgrades, they change the characteristics of the car meaning you will have to adjust how you drive them. Due to the boost in acceleration and speed cars have have more wheelspin and have a higher corner entry speed, meaning you have to slow down earlier to make the same corner.

To many times I see guys with hotted up Feltzers/comets coming into turns way too quick and getting wiped out when they understeer into the nearby bushes.

I'm close to getting the best upgrades, so I'll go with those.

I was worried about that, do you think the car will be too much to handle ? Or will it be easy to adjust the way I drive ?

charles1029
  • charles1029

On PS3

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:14 AM

I can't say for certain, but I think lowering the car does help when going around corners.

Cheers

Do you know how a car works? Increasing the Horsepower of an engine increases the torque of the driveshaft, thereby increasing the acceleration of the vehicle. By modifying the transmission afterward, you can increase top speed.

ahh ya right. So hope R* will update and increase both top speed and acceleration with the transmission upgrades. Or, since it's just a game, just assume the transmission will sort itself out and let us increase the top speed by only making engine upgrades lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users