To all those complaining about GTA V

46 replies to this topic
CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:16 AM

Due to so many stupid complaints about the best GTA yet, I decided to make this topic in hope that people will stop complaining, below is a list of gripes I have heard from people on this forum and responses to show how stupid some complaints can be:

• No gyms/exercise Equipment: did anyone honestly have fun repetitively pressing a single button to loose virtual weight?
  • Terrible handling: opinion, I personally loved the handling.
  • Can't buy safehouses: the only reason you could buy so many safehouses in San Andreas is because there was no quick save feature.
  • No bowling or pool: some people actually wanted these boring minigames back.
  • No girlfriends: You have Amanda if you are that desperate to drive across the city, watch pointless cutscene and drive back.
  • Cops are too hard: the system has just been redone, if anything, there are easier than GTA IV as they don't have x-ray vision.
  • Can't ride the bus: I can't believe I actually heard this complaint, catching buses sucks in real life, why would you want to do it in a game based around stealing vehicles.
  • Can't drive trains: this is actually a legitimate complaint, but how fun is holding R2 when you can stand on top of the train and fight cops.
  • Short story mode: it only feels shorter because there are checkpoints so you don't have to drive halfway across the map everytime you die/fail. The missions also have better variety.
  • Can't gamble: play the stock market instead.
  • No turf wars: this isn't a gangster storyline.
  • Story was not as good as GTA IV: opinion, I personally loved the story, anyway, the gameplay is way better than GTA IV, when will people understand that gameplay matters more than story.
  • Lack of Interiors: a legitimate complaint, it has something to do with limitations, if they were all open, they would have to work the same way they did in San Andreas. The interiors that are there are much more well done and detailed than they have ever been.
  • No interiors for shopping malls and airports, Vice City was the only game to have this feature, and I think this is because it had the smallest map.
  • No San Fierro and Las Venturas, some people will just be happy with a HD San Andreas. The map was never meant to include them, having one city allowed Rockstar to include more detail for said city.
  • Radio Sucks: opinion, in my opinion, the radio sucked in GTA III and GTA Liberty City Stories

Leave your thoughts below:

• WorldWideFM, ten-a-penny and Android like this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:30 AM Edited by spamtackey, 04 November 2013 - 12:31 AM.

No gyms - I don't really care about that being missing.

Handling - I think cars need to go a few notches towards IV but not all the way back. 

Can't Buy Safehouses - Franklin should be able to buy safehouses. He wanted to move out of his crazy aunt's house and instead of using that to introduce safehouses they don't bother. 

Bowling/Pool - I liked them myself.

Girlfriends - I don't date a lot in GTA myself, but them removing the feature still bugs me a little.

Cops - They waver between too easy and too difficult. The system in GTA IV was more fun to me. 

Can't Ride the Bus - We can ride a tour bus. 

Can't Drive Trains - How is this a more legitimate complaint to Bowling/Pool? Oh boy you can hold R2 rather than play a full game of pool. :\

Short Story Mode: It's not just checkpoints. Some missions are only buying things or preparing for  heist and there are factually less story missions than the last two GTA games.

Stock Market: The stock market is not gambling. Do not compare the two. 

Turf Wars: I agree that we don't need them.

Story < Gameplay: It depends upon the type of game. A game with a great story and great gameplay is better than one that only excels at one. IMO GTA IV blended its story and gameplay better.

Interiors: They would not all have to work the same way as San Andreas. They also shouldn't take up that much more processing power because they won't always be loaded up.

3 Cities: I agree.

Radio Sucks: I always turn off the radio so I don't care. 

• adictoGTA likes this

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

agree with everything... most people in here complain without thinking about what they are saying...besides that game has many other great aspects, it's stupid to focus on the negative points on the game... it will just ruin the experience if you play a game focusing on the negative aspects of the game

• adictoGTA likes this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:40 AM

Another fanboy trying to cover up the disappoint. I still see a little sticking out over there. Nip and tuck son.

• Official General likes this

user14
  • user14

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:42 AM Edited by user14, 04 November 2013 - 12:43 AM.

You forgot:

no police vigilante missons
No paramedic missons
No house Bargary
No jet packs
No monster trucks
You can't enter buildings

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:47 AM Edited by Zodape, 04 November 2013 - 12:47 AM.

They made an underwater world nobody cared about instead of making interiors.

But yeah, I agree with OP. People just bitch about stupid things, which is completely fine, I mean, I miss Vigilante missions and all, but It's not like they were a must in the game, along with the rest of the crap some people whine about.

GTA V is the best GTA, it could have done better, but it's still the best GTA.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:51 AM

You have every right to complain as a consumer, and I Cantthinkofone2013 am in no real position to tell you otherwise

I agree. You don't look as a condescending jackass when you let people express their human right of freedom of speech as stated under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. 

• Edward-Is-A-Flunky45, UltraGizmo64 and 727gta like this

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:52 AM

I love the game and have played it every day since release, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Those are my thoughts.

steve bambar
  • steve bambar

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:04 AM

this game sucks man

stop covering it

its not the best gta yet

not even close

• Immigration likes this

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:11 AM

what was a dissapointment for me was car customization and the map

the police system some of the physics

lack of vehicles

thats about it

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Playa

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

so what are you saying ? that GTA V is perfect?

typical rockstar fanboy again

I agree some complaints are a bit silly but to say all those complaints are stupid ...

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:38 AM

Another fanboy trying to cover up the disappoint. I still see a little sticking out over there. Nip and tuck son.

This.

agree with everything... most people in here complain without thinking about what they are saying...besides that game has many other great aspects, it's stupid to focus on the negative points on the game... it will just ruin the experience if you play a game focusing on the negative aspects of the game

The negative feedback is needed, though. It's to improve the game.

• RockstarFanboy likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:39 AM Edited by StingrayX, 04 November 2013 - 01:42 AM.

The complaining won't stop. Yes some of complaints are stupid. But some have valid points and people still bash those people because they aren't being positive. If you cannot handle opinions, well then get the f*ck off any forum, simple as that. :colgate:

PS: Get out of herr with your dumbass thread.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:42 AM

As I said before, I'm not against people criticizing the game. I just hate that they overreact over simple stupid things.

"OMGEEE NO f*ckING CLUCKIN BELL PRE ORDURHURR CANCLLD"

• adictoGTA likes this

Mad_Maxine
  • Mad_Maxine

ʇnɥʍ

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:42 AM

Ok so negative feedback is important, so is good feedback, And well people here really go overboard. its not just.. Oh this game needs improvements.. but people have gone to the lenths of pretty much thinking that rockstar are baby killing antichrists for missing fetures out. oh... and you guys.. Replacing the R.. with a C.. to make Cocstar... yeah Pure comic genius right there.

But back on topic. As much as I enjoyed my game there sure are those problems that need fixing,

But.. I dont focus on those I think about stupid things like

Being able to load a car onto a flatbed without it falling off,

Re-attaching a boat to trailer,

Driving trains,

The Rvs and vans all sound like 4 cylinder diesels.. that shoulda been fixed.

Yup screw physics  and online errors.. Gimie better van sounds.

• Edward-Is-A-Flunky45, adictoGTA and Android like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:52 AM

this game sucks man

stop covering it

its not the best gta yet

not even close

Opinions are great, aren't they?

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:53 AM

You have every right to complain as a consumer, and I Cantthinkofone2013 am in no real position to tell you otherwise

I agree. You don't look as a condescending jackass when you let people express their human right of freedom of speech as stated under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. 

Nice Human Rights knowledge right there. But it haves an "as long" there. People have freedom to say whatever they want as long as it doesn't disrespect the human rights, people have been offending Rockstar, not actually constructively criticizing it.

• RyanBurnsRed likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:56 AM

Most of the complaints are by SA fanboys, it happens when every GTA game is released since SA. They are never pleased. I only know a handful who make vaild points which I respect but the ones who say 'The game feels rushed compared to SA' 'This game should have been like SA', nope.

• adictoGTA likes this

Mad_Maxine
  • Mad_Maxine

ʇnɥʍ

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:03 AM

Most of the complaints are by SA fanboys, it happens when every GTA game is released since SA. They are never pleased. I only know a handful who make vaild points which I respect but the ones who say 'The game feels rushed compared to SA' 'This game should have been like SA', nope.

Ya know I really love san andreas. its one of my most played games ever. but since its set in the same area as V, an area Ive driven thru, and know.. SA just feels... cold and empty somehow. while V feels like the city.

Anyway, I like all the GTA games I play... but Im easy to impress so life is pretty easy,

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:10 AM

The GTA fanboy "the complaining must stop!" threads are equally as annoying as the "GTA V is Disappoint"  that you lot love to hate. 

It should be common sense that consumers have a right to voice their opinion on a product that they invested in and spent money on. However, this being the GTA V section, common sense is pretty rare around here. I personally f*cking love this game and have logged in a sh*t load of time just having fun. However, you shouldn't sit there and deliberately turn a blind eye to the game's flaws, albeit minor or major. I definitely agree that a lot of the disappointments were caused by some people anticipating too many features, and even some unrealistic ones. As a person that loves this game, I can admit that the nightlife in the game is pretty underwhelming and disappointing. I think the city, or thee map in general is big enough to host more than just one strip club. Places like Tequi La La and Bahama Mama's West being functional clubs would have added to this at least. Naysayers may say; "Meh, those places probably would have been pointless anyways", but the purpose they serve is to be activities that the players can indulge in.

Lastly, I always get a kick out of how people like to get up here and say that certain features that were in GTA SA would have been pointless in GTA V, yet you were not saying this when GTA SA was out.

• G.S.T and Sting4S like this

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:11 AM

I agree with all your points, all whiners need to read this.

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:17 AM

I think both are very annoying though, they need to have some respect. It's ok to criticize a game in a constructive way, but offending people who think different than you and as well posting things with no point is totally wrong. Mods gave you a thread to this, there's no need to post more than one topic to say that V is bad or people who complain sucks or whatever. We are here to discuss not yell at each other, these threads just make people flame and troll, nothing more than that.

• MindCorrupt likes this

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:25 AM

The problem isn't with the complaints it's just the way people are presenting their argument. This goes both ways, for people who are critical of the game and those who are praising it. Let's be honest here I don't think there's many people who like every single aspect and feature of the game; even those who enjoyed the game thoroughly. It's pretty obvious Rockstar tried to make a game that appealed to as much of their fan base as possible, so inevitably there is going to be bits that you enjoy and some things you do not. If they made a game that appealed to only your specifications alone, there will be just as many people who didn't like something about it (most likely more).

So let's just be adults about this (you know, the target demographic for GTA). The amount of rubbish getting posted in this sub is getting tiring.
  • Ermacs likes this

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:27 AM Edited by Thebull94, 04 November 2013 - 02:32 AM.

OP you have something white and slimey on your upper lip. Its pretty gross  bro

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:35 AM Edited by NYdreamz, 04 November 2013 - 02:46 AM.

lol this thread is just looking 4 trouble.....

and they talk about how the san andreas "fanboys" are the ones to always start sh*t

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:25 AM

As I said before, I'm not against people criticizing the game. I just hate that they overreact over simple stupid things.

"OMGEEE NO f*ckING CLUCKIN BELL PRE ORDURHURR CANCLLD"

But Cluckin Bell is a staple in the series, why remove it? It's expected that there will be that, and even more in a new GTA, but we got less and told that it was better, except it's not. It just left a lot of long-time fans scratching their heads. All the buisness' that we own we cannot enter. It makes no sense. It seems lazy, or rushed, on R*'s part.

• G.S.T likes this

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:36 AM

I loved GTA IV storyline simply because of its social commentary and its realism. I have never found that in any other game. GTA V's storyline represents the modern American reality in its prime moral decadence. So basically what we have is—the illusion of the American Dream vs the brutal reality of modern American moral decadence. Each is unique in its own right. 

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:09 AM Edited by StingrayX, 04 November 2013 - 05:09 AM.

The GTA fanboy "the complaining must stop!" threads are equally as annoying as the "GTA V is Disappoint"  that you lot love to hate. 

It should be common sense that consumers have a right to voice their opinion on a product that they invested in and spent money on. However, this being the GTA V section, common sense is pretty rare around here. I personally f*cking love this game and have logged in a sh*t load of time just having fun. However, you shouldn't sit there and deliberately turn a blind eye to the game's flaws, albeit minor or major. I definitely agree that a lot of the disappointments were caused by some people anticipating too many features, and even some unrealistic ones. As a person that loves this game, I can admit that the nightlife in the game is pretty underwhelming and disappointing. I think the city, or thee map in general is big enough to host more than just one strip club. Places like Tequi La La and Bahama Mama's West being functional clubs would have added to this at least. Naysayers may say; "Meh, those places probably would have been pointless anyways", but the purpose they serve is to be activities that the players can indulge in.

Lastly, I always get a kick out of how people like to get up here and say that certain features that were in GTA SA would have been pointless in GTA V, yet you were not saying this when GTA SA was out.

Well said. :^:

@COASTERPUNK, reading this cockamamie bullsh*t thread won't help with anything. I'm tired of reading your stupid ass posts, give it a rest and shut up already.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:21 AM

No gyms/exercise Equipment: I never used the Gym in SA.
Terrible handling: I found it good enough.
Can't buy safehouses: this was annoying. You could do it in Online but not offline, really pissed me off.
No bowling or pool: I played bowling once. I don't think I even touched pool.
No girlfriends: Meh.
Cops are too hard: the cop AI was intelligent and well thought out. You get used to it.
Can't ride the bus: Vinewood Tours.
Can't drive trains: this disappointed me because you can drive it in a seperate mission but not free roam.
Short story mode: I found it long enough.
Can't gamble: The only thing I liked about gambling was the casino.
No turf wars: Dear god don't remind me of the f*ck annoying gang wars in SA you were forced to take part in when you were on the other side of the map.
Story was not as good as GTA IV: The IV story was more well thought out, but I still like V better.
Lack of Interiors: I found it more annoying you couldn't enter the interiors during free roam.
No interiors for shopping malls and airports: I've always wanted an enterable airport, this has been a problem with GTA since it first started.
No San Fierro and Las Venturas, That would be too much for the console to handle, unless they just did 2 half assed cities.
Radio Sucks: I LOVED the radio.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

Nice Human Rights knowledge right there. But it haves an "as long" there. People have freedom to say whatever they want as long as it doesn't disrespect the human rights, people have been offending Rockstar, not actually constructively criticizing it.

Yeah, constructive criticism is fine, and there have been a lot of that. But people have their heads so far up their asses, they flame any thread that criticizes Rockstar or GTA V, while shoving their own opinion down people's throats. 

Right, go play Superman64 without focusing on the negative aspects of it. Easier said than done. 

You can't just sit through a movie with bad acting and sh*tty effects without focusing on those things. If I paid money for it, I have every right to be disappointed by somethings and complain.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users