» «
Photo

Difficulty Slider

14 replies to this topic
X12-1992
  • X12-1992

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:09 PM Edited by X12-1992, 21 February 2015 - 02:15 AM.

I think R* should implement a difficulty slider, which will effect what medal you get when you complete a mission. Completing a mission on Easy will get you a Bronze Medal, Normal will get you a Silver Medal, Hard will get you a Gold Medal, and Very Hard will get you a Platinum Medal. Skipping a mission will get you an Iron Medal. The mission scores will be percentages, for example, completing all optional objectives would get you a 100% on the mission, and whatever medal you get depends on what difficulty you played it on. The difficulty can be changed anytime during free roam. On Easy cops will be much less aggressive and unless you are in the line of sight of anyone, the cops will not be called. On Very Hard all cops are FIB and you can get a five star rating in a few minutes. 

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

Proud owner of Osiris and T20

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:10 PM

No.

X12-1992
  • X12-1992

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:46 PM Edited by X12-1992, 03 November 2013 - 07:59 PM.

No.

Um....why not? Do you want the game to be too easy for some and too hard for others? This would fix that problem so people who think the game is getting too easy can raise the difficulty, and people who thinks its getting too hard can lower it. This way R* can cater to both sides, the ones that want challenge, and the ones that just want to drive around and cause mayham! I really hate how some people just say "No" without giving a reason why. Just because it wasnt in past GTAs doesnt mean it cant be in a future one.

X12-1992
  • X12-1992

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:43 AM

i really wish people gave a reason why these ideas are bad, instead of ignoring them. What the hell is wrong with more options?

idrift
  • idrift

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:09 AM

The problem is they are still way off with the basics of the game to be worrying about difficulty sliders. Payouts for missions are too low (12500 for 25 minutes driving around the map and killing 45 Ai), payouts for races are far too high (12500 for 1 lap, 35 seconds in a 4 car race), you can only purchase 1 apartment, no Cargobobs anywhere after lv40, money and passive mode glitches, repetitive missions and lack of real incentive after buying the main apartment and filling the 10 car garage.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

The problem is they are still way off with the basics of the game to be worrying about difficulty sliders. Payouts for missions are too low (12500 for 25 minutes driving around the map and killing 45 Ai), payouts for races are far too high (12500 for 1 lap, 35 seconds in a 4 car race), you can only purchase 1 apartment, no Cargobobs anywhere after lv40, money and passive mode glitches, repetitive missions and lack of real incentive after buying the main apartment and filling the 10 car garage.

Spot on.
I think the biggest problem is the cost of things. 25,000 for a paint job?
Unbalanced prerequisites for unlocks too - a yellow T shirt only available at level 50 etc.
You earn so little money, and everything costs so much, there is little incentive. It's just not fun 80% of the time.

Difficulty sliders are a good idea for offline play, yes, but online, it has to - HAS - to be a level playing field. What's stopping you bumping the difficulty to easy and blasting your way up to higher levels?

There's just so much in GTA O that's broken - example, I'm 400 meters from my enemy, on top a billboard, with a sniper. They had a pistol, yet are headshotting me. i headshot them, and nothing happens.
It's just poorly made. and its those issues that need to be fixed before anything else - a difficulty slider can not repair broken game mechanics.

X12-1992
  • X12-1992

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:16 PM

I am talking about the offline game, GTA V. Not GTA Online. Thats why i posted in the GTA V forums.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

I am talking about the offline game, GTA V. Not GTA Online. Thats why i posted in the GTA V forums.

Fair enough. I think the previous point about R* making the fundamentals right before worrying with sliders is still the most pressing. Why turn down the AI, when it's possible for them to one shot you with a pistol from 150 meters away, while you're in a vehicle, driving up a slope (thus your roof would have shielded you).

The only game I know of that has sliders that actually work is Fifa 13. They did impact the game, and turning them down made for a lot of stupid, brainless fun...
V offline does have the "skip" option, if you suck at a mission, but you know what? I'd rather a "easy" option instead - i hate having the ability to skip mission sections. Why bother playing the game then?

Gaming is about enjoyment and, if you're not that good at the game, then yeah, i think you should be catered for. Offline, sliders are not a bad idea at all.

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

Tally target, weapon away.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

I wouldn't know, since GTA 4 was my first GTA game and I have yet to go back and play any others, but has GTA EVER had selectable difficulty? No, right? I don't see why that should now become a thing. For players who don't find the game itself "challenging" enough, their challenge can be found in topping the mission score leaderboards. For people who DO find the game challenging, their challenge can, obviously, be found in simple mission completion. It's a different experience for everyone.

X12-1992
  • X12-1992

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

I wouldn't know, since GTA 4 was my first GTA game and I have yet to go back and play any others, but has GTA EVER had selectable difficulty? No, right? I don't see why that should now become a thing. For players who don't find the game itself "challenging" enough, their challenge can be found in topping the mission score leaderboards. For people who DO find the game challenging, their challenge can, obviously, be found in simple mission completion. It's a different experience for everyone.

Still dont know why adding  more options would ruin a game? And really, its not so much the mission difficulty that i want to be able to adjust than the police's agression.

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

Well police aggression and difficulty are really two different things. Or are you referencing the police officer AI's accuracy, fire rate, etc.? Becuase I think the general gripe most people have with police, and I tend to agree with said gripe, is that the police shoot you for literally everything. It's usually straight to two stars for practically ANYTHING you do, whether you resist arrest or not. Stare at a cop, and he'll shoot you. Stand near a pedestrian, they call the cops. I think that has less to do with difficulty and more with AI scripting.

X12-1992
  • X12-1992

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

Well police aggression and difficulty are really two different things. Or are you referencing the police officer AI's accuracy, fire rate, etc.? Becuase I think the general gripe most people have with police, and I tend to agree with said gripe, is that the police shoot you for literally everything. It's usually straight to two stars for practically ANYTHING you do, whether you resist arrest or not. Stare at a cop, and he'll shoot you. Stand near a pedestrian, they call the cops. I think that has less to do with difficulty and more with AI scripting.

I think so too. Better AI is needed.

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

Not too sure why peds and cops got so hostile in this game. The way they interacted with the player in GTA 4 was so much better and, dare I say, more realistic.

If you were to stand around me on the street and I freaked out and called the cops, they'd tell me "deal with it. are you being threatened? are they harassing you? tough. people can stand near you. that's not a crime. don't call again unless this an EMERGENCY." *click* lol

X12-1992
  • X12-1992

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:47 PM Edited by X12-1992, 05 November 2013 - 06:48 PM.

Not too sure why peds and cops got so hostile in this game. The way they interacted with the player in GTA 4 was so much better and, dare I say, more realistic.

If you were to stand around me on the street and I freaked out and called the cops, they'd tell me "deal with it. are you being threatened? are they harassing you? tough. people can stand near you. that's not a crime. don't call again unless this an EMERGENCY." *click* lol

Yeah, instead its "You are being stood next to? Calling all cars, Calling All Cars, CALLING ALL CARS!!!"

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:41 PM Edited by x0v3rKiLx, 05 November 2013 - 09:42 PM.

Yeah, instead its "You are being stood next to? Calling all cars, Calling All Cars, CALLING ALL CARS!!!"

All units, we've got a vicious, psychotic criminal on the loose standing near other people in a nonchalant manner at the corner of 3rd and Innocence. Suspect does not appear to be armed or acting in any aggressive manner whatsoever.

Standing orders are shoot-on-sight, NOOSE teams on standby.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users