GTA V is a major disappointment

209 replies to this topic
Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

So this is the American Dream?

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:03 AM

While there are things about GTA V I feel that make it feel like it didn't reach its true potential it's still a great game IMO and makes SA look ridiculous.

In saying that there seems to be two extremes. Those who love the game so much, but ignore all of its faults and those that sheepishly feel the need to run it into the ground to make a point.

I feel as though I'm stuck in the middle. It's a great game, but feels like R* held back yet I still enjoy it more than SA, but just not quite as much as GTA IV.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:11 AM

This Thread needs to be pinned!

There's already a stickied thread for this sh*t.

http://gtaforums.com...a-5-thread-v20/
Yeah, I see.
This thread is shaping up quite a classic.
Save this one for just keeping it worse.
It ain't over yet more coming desperate to flush out

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:19 AM

The game is a huge disappointment however all I will say is this. Trade-in and move on. No good debating with the pro-GTA5/pro-R* crowds because all they do is stick their fingers in their ears and go "la-la-la-la-la- not listening!" . So any discussion regarding the low points of GTA5 is pointless because it will be jumped on and derailed with a barrage of juvenile insults.  :v:

So trade-in, move on and think twice about buying another Rockstar/GTA game in future.  :^:

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:25 AM Edited by CorporalBean675, 05 November 2013 - 09:25 AM.

While there are things about GTA V I feel that make it feel like it didn't reach its true potential it's still a great game IMO and makes SA look ridiculous.

In saying that there seems to be two extremes. Those who love the game so much, but ignore all of its faults and those that sheepishly feel the need to run it into the ground to make a point.

I feel as though I'm stuck in the middle. It's a great game, but feels like R* held back yet I still enjoy it more than SA, but just not quite as much as GTA IV.

In terms of story anyway, you got everything right on the dot for me! I'm with this guy. 

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:40 AM

GTA 5 is single most overrated, over-hyped and torn "players expectations"
game of this generation.
Major Disappointment ever in GTA HISTORY. WORD!!

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

Rockstar did not lie to people. You might not like the game but stop acting like a victim because it wasn't exactly what you envisioned.

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

Also, you seem to be taking it upon yourself to insult people at every turn and be a snobby jackass, but what you fail to do is mention anything about you actually being part of the hype. Because if you weren't, then you wouldn't be acting all apesh*t like you are now and wanting to be 'heard' here. It's more so your fault for also being involved in the hype and blaming it all on Rockstar, because if you were so cynical before the release of the game like you are now, then I doubt that you'd have been as disappointed for whatever reason - (you keep saying it's boring but don't exactly expand on that notion with facts/evidence....you just say "boring" this and "boring" that). And if you like another game that much more than GT V, f*ck off to it rather than wasting your time saying sh*t's boring for no valid reason. 

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Playa

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:29 PM Edited by gtarules_95, 05 November 2013 - 12:31 PM.

agree with you 100%  thats exactly what I was thinking

there are many extreme guys on this forum in comarison to people who are stuck in the middle

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:36 PM

Also, you seem to be taking it upon yourself to insult people at every turn and be a snobby jackass, but what you fail to do is mention anything about you actually being part of the hype. Because if you weren't, then you wouldn't be acting all apesh*t like you are now and wanting to be 'heard' here. It's more so your fault for also being involved in the hype and blaming it all on Rockstar, because if you were so cynical before the release of the game like you are now, then I doubt that you'd have been as disappointed for whatever reason - (you keep saying it's boring but don't exactly expand on that notion with facts/evidence....you just say "boring" this and "boring" that). And if you like another game that much more than GT V, f*ck off to it rather than wasting your time saying sh*t's boring for no valid reason. 

Eh!.. Is this post directed to me or OP?
OP never mentioned any opinion except pasting a link to a blog post!
Any ways, if you can, please take the time viewing my profile, check 'find my content' and you won't find any post where I had ever made any major wish other than keeping V stick to the roots of gta spirit. That's it!.. Not even during any other game release, becoz there are players like me who understand gaming business and are not emotional fools.
GTA V is boring offline, its a fact.
Online is cool but thats a different issue.
Well I end here now.

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

Eh!.. Is this post directed to me or OP?
OP never mentioned any opinion except pasting a link to a blog post!
Any ways, if you can, please take the time viewing my profile, check 'find my content' and you won't find any post where I had ever made any major wish other than keeping V stick to the roots of gta spirit. That's it!.. Not even during any other game release, becoz there are players like me who understand gaming business and are not emotional fools.
GTA V is boring offline, its a fact.
Online is cool but thats a different issue.
Well I end here now.

Lol no not at you. At OP. 

NinjaWJ
  • NinjaWJ

Just trying to get by

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:44 AM

I agree that it is a solid game in its own right, but at the same time GTAV tries too hard to appease old school GTA fans and the realism crowd from GTAIV. I have to disagree with you that it makes GTASA ridiculous, it is the other way around for me heh. I have to admit that GTAV tries way too hard to appease the GTASA crowd

GrandTheftAutomatic
  • GrandTheftAutomatic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:52 AM

In a nutshell, the Sinlge Player is utter sh*t while the MP is quite fun. I made a thread that goes in depth about this here : http://gtaforums.com...-gimped-for-mp/

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

See? I told yall. OP's just disappeared because his/her only purpose on here was to cause arguments. Trolololo I guess.

drizzle1
  • drizzle1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:35 AM

The game is a huge disappointment however all I will say is this. Trade-in and move on. No good debating with the pro-GTA5/pro-R* crowds because all they do is stick their fingers in their ears and go "la-la-la-la-la- not listening!" . So any discussion regarding the low points of GTA5 is pointless because it will be jumped on and derailed with a barrage of juvenile insults.  :v:

So trade-in, move on and think twice about buying another Rockstar/GTA game in future.  :^:

Good advice, QFT, and thanks.

drizzle1
  • drizzle1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

In a nutshell, the Sinlge Player is utter sh*t while the MP is quite fun. I made a thread that goes in depth about this here : http://gtaforums.com...-gimped-for-mp/

The MP gets boring fast - once you've got the money, the apartment and the cars, what do you do? And if you don't have 20 nerdy Xbox friends, then what? Deathmatches agains randomers? Ok...

No planning of heists as promised....

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

I agree that it is a solid game in its own right, but at the same time GTAV tries too hard to appease old school GTA fans and the realism crowd from GTAIV. I have to disagree with you that it makes GTASA ridiculous, it is the other way around for me heh. I have to admit that GTAV tries way too hard to appease the GTASA crowd

This sh*t is funny. And thing is, I've seen it mentioned quite a few times. Why some people on here keep blaming San Andrea's huge popularity for the fact that many people found GTA V a bit disappointing ?? SA gets it's massive following, simply because it earned and deserved it for the groundbreaking and amazing impact it had on those who played it.  V clearly did not achieve this, and it it had every chance and opportunity to dethrone SA, but it did not, simply because Rockstar wasted that chance, not because it tried too hard to please SA fans, that's bullsh*t. 

Why can't people on here just accept these simple facts ?

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:35 PM Edited by lol232, 06 November 2013 - 03:36 PM.

Lol, whoever made that article can't differentiate 'your' and 'you're', therefore, I'm calling nothing but bullsh*t.

The guy said no forest, HAHAH, NO FOREST? Does he have eyes??

He said that the map is garbage... And then says it was wasted on the ocean...

And then said it was only used for the missions... Seriously, now, ever heard of free roaming?

Ever heard of Submarine parts and Nuclear wastes?

Car customization? Shallow.

How is it shallow? Is he a retard?

He said:

Gun customization? A flashlight and extended clip.

Oh, what about the silencer, tints, grips, scopes and such?

What else do you need more? This isn't CoD!

Stealth? Non-existent.

Stealth is non-existent? Is he under drugs?

Annoying iPhone app? Yes… but what if you don’t own an iPhone or Android?

USE AN EMULATOR! HURRAY!

It's an optional feature anyway.

8481042_f520.jpg

You'll be on your knees with how disappointed you are (and this scene never actually happens in the game either)

Hahaha, that's actually the first minute men mission!

I can go on, and on, AND ON... This guy didn't play the game at all!

Instant 0/10 for the article.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

BMRF SECURITY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

This game ins't a dissapoinment, some people though by having Franklin you would be having some kind of CJ 2.0 so you can go around gangbanging and doing a lot of non-sense stuff like breaking into a top research facility and steal a 60 Mill Project from the Military.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

So this is the American Dream?

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:36 AM

This sh*t is funny. And thing is, I've seen it mentioned quite a few times. Why some people on here keep blaming San Andrea's huge popularity for the fact that many people found GTA V a bit disappointing ?? SA gets it's massive following, simply because it earned and deserved it for the groundbreaking and amazing impact it had on those who played it.  V clearly did not achieve this, and it it had every chance and opportunity to dethrone SA, but it did not, simply because Rockstar wasted that chance, not because it tried too hard to please SA fans, that's bullsh*t. 
 I
Why can't people on here just accept these simple facts ?
At the end of the day General everything is subjective. Even with its shortcomings I enjoyed GTA V far more than SA when comparing them both at time of release.

I'm already on a 3rd save of GTA V. I couldn't be bothered to complete SA's sh*tty story line which makes GTA V's look award winning with faults of its own so it remains the only main GTA I haven't completed.

I know this may sound strange considering I always give it a lashing, but I do like SA.

I respect what it done for the series, but I've always felt like one of the few that has the balls to go beyond its perception of being a gaming god. To me GTA IV "dethroned" SA over 5 years ago and GTA V has continued that trend despite not being quite as polished as GTA IV. Opinion of course.

SA may very well be the most popular GTA ever, but I don't know about anyone else I'll never bend my thoughts to conform to any consensus.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:39 AM

JimCarreyLaugh.gif

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:47 AM Edited by Raptomex, 07 November 2013 - 05:48 AM.

I really love GTA V and pretty much disagree with most of the article.

That’s right – ridiculously easy, boring missions. Again, we were told there would be diverse missions, a range of things to do, stuff we’d never seen before. We get shootouts which are just boring (the auto-aim just kills everyone on the screen), checkpoints so there’s no worry of failure, and driving around for 20 minutes at a time. I mean, one of the missions – yes, 1 of the 67 or so missions – is literally just buying 3 masks.

I disagree 100%. This and San Andreas, I would say, had the best missions. The checkpoints help relieve the tediousness of doing every little thing over again. The masks mission is part of the heist set up.

And don’t get me started on the heists. The trailers promised us the ability to plan heists meticulously, and then…

WE GET THE CHOICE OF TWO OPTIONS? 2 options?!??! How is that planning?

The heists were undoubtedly the biggest let-down of the game. We barely get any money until the last one, and there’s even a ‘heist’ where we fly a helicopter and submarine to pick up a ‘weapon’, only to give it back. It sounds fun, but it’s amazing how much it’s just awful. 10 minutes of flying there, 10 minutes in a painfully slow submarine, and 10 minutes flying back. Yeah, great heist.

Some of this is what I do agree with out of the entire article. Rockstar did boast about heist planning and honestly it was a let down. Everything is cool and works but there's so much more potential. The crew members gaining experience is cool... but you only use crew members in 3 heists. So what's the point? You're not really planning anything, you're only choosing crew members and the approach. The crew members just determine how much money you will earn and both approaches are still scripted sequences. The set up missions are cool but I would hardly call it planning. Other than that I thought the heists themselves were great. Like the heists in past GTA games, they were fun and memorable. But the way Rockstar went on about them, I thought there would be more in depth planning and customization. Of course this guy points out the one heist that is probably the worst of the six. He doesn't point out how epic the first heist was. At least I thought it was epic. As simple as that heist was there was just something about it that I loved.

But yes, the planning is probably the biggest let down in the entire game in my opinion. Even if they were to keep the heist system as is, all they need to do is add some form of heist side mission to single player and I'd be happy.

drizzle1
  • drizzle1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:54 PM

They lied about the heist system plain and simple...

• Rockstar20124 likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:57 PM

They lied about the heist system plain and simple...

How?

And why'd you bump the thread?

drizzle1
  • drizzle1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

I'm afraid I don't sit on here constantly so I can't reply for a while at a time. People ask me questions, and I respond, it's simple really.

How did they lie? They said we could plan heists. How does choosing between two pre-defined options sound like planning to you? Or is the planning aspect for you the choice of which 'getaway car' we use (which doesn't actually make any difference to the mission).

Oh, I also forgot we could 'plan' where we parked the getaway car too. Excellent. Hours of fun with that one.

• Rockstar20124 likes this

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

I'm afraid I don't sit on here constantly so I can't reply for a while at a time. People ask me questions, and I respond, it's simple really.

How did they lie? They said we could plan heists. How does choosing between two pre-defined options sound like planning to you? Or is the planning aspect for you the choice of which 'getaway car' we use (which doesn't actually make any difference to the mission).

Oh, I also forgot we could 'plan' where we parked the getaway car too. Excellent. Hours of fun with that one.

Read my post above.

This guy never played GTA V, he's just bullsh*tting himself.

Anyway, Rockstar never said 'SUPER DUPER HERP DERP DETAILED PLANNING LOLOLOL',

you have the approach, the crew, getaway vehicles.
What else?

Rockstar did say you can chose your crew.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

Read my post above.

What else?

lol232

You're clutching at straws now bro. I closely followed the previews and Rockstar indeed said all that sh*t about planning heists in your own detailed way. Many people were even excited by the prospect of that, I remember discussions about it long before the game was released. 

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

Read my post above.

What else?

Unfortunately, the kids are still going through interpretation learning, and they read things that weren't there in the first place due to their (still) maturing imaginations running wild.

Do not fret though, they eventually grow up.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

You pick how to do the heist, you pick who's the driver, who's the gunner, and who's the hacker. You then get stuff for the heist. That's plenty, and in no way did they say "You can do so much to plan!" That's quite a lot for a game not specifically about heists. Hell, it has more planning than Payday 2 does. 

They said you could plan heists, and you do plan heists. It's just people overhyping themselves (AKA: You) and thinking they mean super in-depth planning. Then, when it wasn't like that, people (You) were disappointed. They didn't lie at all. Please stop fooling yourself.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:16 PM Edited by lol232, 13 November 2013 - 08:20 PM.

Read my post above.

What else?

lol232

You're clutching at straws now bro. I closely followed the previews and Rockstar indeed said all that sh*t about planning heists in your own detailed way. Many people were even excited by the prospect of that, I remember discussions about it long before the game was released. 

Link me to that, exactly where it says 'super detailed planning'.

Also, I wasn't disappointed a bit, what do you expect when it comes to planning other than the approach?

The Blitz Play had pretty nice planning, the final heist too, especially the subtle approach (even though I prefer the obvious one because of more money and the Skylift)

Rockstar20124
  • Rockstar20124

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:01 AM

OP is right. GTA V is the disappointment of the Generation :cry:

It has been said before but they are all true:

- Horrible arcady Saints Row 2 like physics. It simply isn't fun to drive around anymore because you're glued to the ground. Tight corners, chasing other criminals and being chased by cops is a no skill bore and not cinematic Hollywood like GTA IV where you'd just have fun playing chase scenes like from movies like The French Connection, Ronin, Bullitt etc. You barely have weight or suspension :sui:

- Supercops who rubberband, teleport before and behind you. And often magically ram you from behind with lightspeed no matter what supercar you are driving. They also have sniper vision. Two shots you're dead. Is this the old Rainbox Six or Counter Strike? You can't toy with them like in GTA IV because they shoot to kill in two seconds. Nice way to kill the fun factor. Give me back those initially slow and laid-back donut eating cops instead of these roid rage pigs who use extreme agressive behaviour to mask that they are actually very insecure and afraid inside.

- Less interiours then GTA IV. Talk about EPIC fail :sui:

- Pathetic story especially near the end with mediocre unlikable protagonists, side characters and even worse forgettable poorly written antagonists. These are the same writers who wrote the amazing GTA IV and RDR?

- Heists missions aren't rewarding in SP and aren't even (yet) present in GTA Online. Also, you can't choose to do any sort of big heist activities in SP after you complete the story. You can only do petty small time honorless crimes like robbing stores :sui:

- Singleplayer content cut for pushing overamibtious GTA Online down our throats.

- No Vigilante, Gang Wars and Drug Wars which were the most fun side activities in GTA IV, TLAD and TBOGT.

- Shooting while driving or even standing still in your car is ridiculous inaccurate

- Terrible soundtrack. Some good songs but the stations severly lack overall flow and quality.

- Multiplayer doesn't have Cops 'n Crooks like GTA IV. Rockstar Games apparently really hates us playing as a good guy Vigilante or Cop like in GTA IV

- Multiplayer doesnt have fun coop missions like Hangmans Noose from GTA IV

- Multiplayer doesn't have spontanous coop clearing Gang Hideouts filled with NPC, AI thugs like RDR in Free Roam

- Free Roam in GTA (V) Online sucks because of bad sport and hospital bill penalties

- No sitting down, with the popular Assassins Creed free roam games you'd expect better from R*. Blending in the crowd for stealth losing or tailing cops or other criminals in SP and MP and just for the sake of immersion when you are exploring the map FFS

- No crouching. Hiding behind a small rock or wall without you're back in cover for better aiming and shooting...not possible anymore.

- Animals from useless Chop (don't get me started on the exclusive not ingame but only on your iPhone and finally Android mobile customization) to the barely existing wildlife are a compelte joke and an insult to RDR

- The list unfortunately goes on and on :/

I don't hate GTA V but after the fantastic GTA IV EXPERIENCE this merely feels like a severly flawed and at times broken arcady sandbox GAME not made by Rockstar Games but by a money hungry EA or Activision who push for micro transactions.... Which Rockstar Games is now doing with the virtual money for real money PDLC for GTA Online :sui:  This game does have better textures then GTA IV but that's it. The great physics, gameplay, story, atmosphere and just the careless fun factor, replay value (without worrying about money, hospital bills or bad sport reputation penalties) from GTA IV are almost completely gone. Therefore unfortunately GTA V is the most disappointing game of the generation and actually of all time...for now :cry:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users