Photo

GTA V is a major disappointment

209 replies to this topic
The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:00 AM

It's true though. GTA fanboys saying it's the best. Jesus, with hundreds of millions of dollars, hundreds of workers and 5+ years to make it, it's just dreadful.

The people with brains know the game isn't that good while the fanboys are trying to believe the game is good while its the same formula we've seen for years. 

Oh dear lord you are stupid (Not a fanboy because GTAV really is a big disappointment but that is my opinion)

What do you mean same formula? errm 3 characters, one city and totally different to GTAIV in everyway possible so how could it be the same formula?

I can't take you seriously anymore, I'm convinced you are just a troll, perhaps trying to be the next zee? If you are being serious I feel really sorry for you. I actually find you genuinely funny because of your stupidity(I really hope you are a troll for your own sake)
Go here, shoot them, grab the stuff and lose the cops. ALL MISSIONS are the same. 
 Just cause you can use 3 characters instead of one doesn't make the formula go away. 
Oh dear lord now you're saying the missions are repetitive? Coming from a SA fanboy? Name one story mission in GTA V with the same layout as another one. Go ahead.

Asking him to name one is kinda stupid because there is at least one...

Spoiler
both count as story missions.
Yeah I'll admit that the setup missions got repetitive
But for challenging missions, they were very diverse IMO.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:01 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 04 November 2013 - 04:03 AM.

1. Again, you don't get it. IGN is a business, congratulations! They don't only review games. And unless you can prove it, the only revenue they get from it are from the ads they play. They don't need to pay to use their reviews to display the scores. They "pay" (Which isn't paying) to display the scores by giving the gigantic website a free game early to review it, so if the reviews good, they can display it. Guess what? I don't see R* displaying the bad scores its gotten from reviewers. I mean, I thought companies paid the reviewers? Why are there bad reviews of GTA 5 then? I mean, they got the same "payment" (Not a payment) as everyone else, but they still game them a bad score. Hmmm...

Let me write this quote from Destructoid Reviews Editor and Game Front and The Escapist contributor Jim Sterling:

“Any site big enough to be worth bribing is big enough to where the writers involved can make their name off the back of exposing something like that,” he said. “In order to make any potential bribe attractive, you’d first need to offer more value than exposing your shady ass would hold, plus enough cash to be worth more than my job is, basically enough to keep me going for life. The money required to even tempt any writer with self-respect is a silly amount. In short, I don’t think a ‘paid’ review is worth paying for, nor is it worth selling.”

Now, you think games would do all of that for a good review that frankly doesn't much matter, as proven by the CoD franchise? Sure, you keep believing in your 'facts' that isn't a fact because you can't prove it. You have fun with it.

2. It is exactly the same premise. If you can't prove something, it's gonna be thrown out. As in, you can't prove to me anybody paid anybody, so I'm throwing it out as you having no idea what you're talking about.

3. Known corporate sellouts? Alright then, some more:

Dead Island, Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, etc. You told me to get you more games, I got you more. You're wrong, yet you can't admit it. I can see you're the kind of person to use Wikipedia as a source.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:03 AM

I love this place, 93% of the threads made are about how people din't get San Andreas II. Like if Mr. Johnson or Miss Catalina Miss'm were good enough.

This+guy+gets+it+_0ce41ddfe266b004629178 ^^^ this guy gets it.

Stop it! Stop having opinions dammit!

Stop liking what I don't like! 

I can't take you seriously anymore, I'm convinced you are just a troll, perhaps trying to be the next zee? If you are being serious I feel really sorry for you. I actually find you genuinely funny because of your stupidity(I really hope you are a troll for your own sake)
I genuinely believe he is a troll. There is nobody I have ever met that can't accept people's opinions before. Not even Rockstarfanboy is this oblivious to other people's opinions.

He's f*cking insane. You tell him something and completely misses the point time and again. He's too far gone and it's best if he's ignored.

Kifflom!
  • Kifflom!

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:05 AM

how about just lock this f*cking thread

NinjaWJ
  • NinjaWJ

Just trying to get by

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:11 AM

After making a game full of side activities, from dancing, low ridering, turf wars, gambling, vigilante, paramedic, firefighting, taxi driving, and aloot of other activities, adding 3 big cities and a map full of things ro see and do, with no empty and boring ereas, and more things to do, you can't make a smaller map, you cant make some Boring activities, you cant make a huge map full of dead and empty ereas.
This only one reason why V and IV dosnt fell right in comparison to SA

SA's countryside/desert was just the most alive and breathtaking experience ever in a video game. Can't forget those bustling streets full of cars and peds in each city either. Oh wait...

Aren't you the one who never finished GTASA? Of course there was technical limitations back in the day....

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:14 AM

Asking him to name one is kinda stupid because there is at least one...

Spoiler
both count as story missions.
Yeah I'll admit that the setup missions got repetitive
But for challenging missions, they were very diverse IMO.

Oh I definitely think the main story missions in GTA V were some of the most fun and diverse missions we ever have had in a GTA title. I just found the challenge a little ridiculous when the game does have a few missions that could feel like overlap. 

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:29 AM

No one listens to Epsilonists. 

Kifflom!
  • Kifflom!

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:31 AM

o sorry i forgot to give a flying f*ck :(

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:37 AM

I cared enough to at least respond to your comment.  :colgate:

Kifflom!
  • Kifflom!

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:45 AM

I cared enough to at least respond to your comment.  :colgate:

indeed :D

NinjaWJ
  • NinjaWJ

Just trying to get by

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:48 AM

guys can we just stay on topic and talk about if GTAV was disappointing or not? There shouldn't even be talk about if GTAV is better on the PS3 or XBOX or talk about sites being bribed.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:57 AM Edited by Thebull94, 04 November 2013 - 05:00 AM.

1. Again, you don't get it. IGN is a business, congratulations! They don't only review games. And unless you can prove it, the only revenue they get from it are from the ads they play. They don't need to pay to use their reviews to display the scores. They "pay" (Which isn't paying) to display the scores by giving the gigantic website a free game early to review it, so if the reviews good, they can display it. Guess what? I don't see R* displaying the bad scores its gotten from reviewers. I mean, I thought companies paid the reviewers? Why are there bad reviews of GTA 5 then? I mean, they got the same "payment" (Not a payment) as everyone else, but they still game them a bad score. Hmmm...

Let me write this quote from Destructoid Reviews Editor and Game Front and The Escapist contributor Jim Sterling:

“Any site big enough to be worth bribing is big enough to where the writers involved can make their name off the back of exposing something like that,” he said. “In order to make any potential bribe attractive, you’d first need to offer more value than exposing your shady ass would hold, plus enough cash to be worth more than my job is, basically enough to keep me going for life. The money required to even tempt any writer with self-respect is a silly amount. In short, I don’t think a ‘paid’ review is worth paying for, nor is it worth selling.”

Now, you think games would do all of that for a good review that frankly doesn't much matter, as proven by the CoD franchise? Sure, you keep believing in your 'facts' that isn't a fact because you can't prove it. You have fun with it.

2. It is exactly the same premise. If you can't prove something, it's gonna be thrown out. As in, you can't prove to me anybody paid anybody, so I'm throwing it out as you having no idea what you're talking about.

3. Known corporate sellouts? Alright then, some more:

Dead Island, Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, etc. You told me to get you more games, I got you more. You're wrong, yet you can't admit it. I can see you're the kind of person to use Wikipedia as a source.

1. I skimmed through your point, and your still not understanding sh*t. You said the only revenue they get are from the ads they play (or whatever that means), I am assuming you mean advertisements. Well you do know a review is classed as an advertisement? You do know R* have IGN (and multiple other positive) reviews on their website showing how 'successful' their game is? You do know companies pay other companies to be able to use their 'good publicity' (i.e in the form of a review)? Google the main ways to advertise a game, every list will have 'Reviews' in it, why? Reviews are a form of advertisement (look at movie trailers, they always have 5 stars etc etc on them and the name of the reviewer), I still find it hilarious you think IGN review games for the 'f*ck of it'.

You also said they gave the company a gigantic game free of charge as a form of payment. Regardless of who is correct that proves my point. IGN get paid to review games be it in the form off money or in a free game. I have never said the payment was money now have I? Or did I 'insinuate' it? 

Also quote me where I said R* pays off ALL reviewers for good scores? Why are you passing off statements that I have not made then attempt to argue them? Are you that insane that you will pretend that I said something then 'argue' it which in turn is arguing with yourself..... Dude you are a walking ball of fail.

Also your quote is irrelevant, basically he is saying

"Only people with no dignity would allow themselves to be paid off"

Huh. There is no possible way he could be talking out his ass huh? Not a chance in hell huh?

2. What the f*ck is the same premise? No it is f*cking not. A courtroom has actual real world consequences, a court room has a judge, a jury, lawyer and a whole bunch of other stuff that this f*ckING THREAD, does not have! It is not the same premise. Also remember I am not passing of anything as fact that you have not agree with me on. The only thing I passed off as fact is that IGN and other companies will recieve some sort of payment for reviewing games be it money or a free copy whatever the hell it is. You are the one that 'insinuated' (which I recommend you refrain from doing in the future to prevent situations like this) I meant something that infact I did not. Not my fault you rush to conclusions. Bottom line. I said an opinion I did not use the word fact, you 'insinuated' I passed it off as fact and were wrong. It is your f*ck up that we were having this debate. Do you see?

3. Battlefield 4 and fifa are f*cking EA. Are you cereal right now? Also Dead island got a 80 which is a average / good score. The user score is only 1.2 (or 12) behind it which is also a average / good score. GTA IV and V on the other hand are more than 1.1 (or 11) points difference AND GTA IV HAS THE HIGHEST META CRITIC EVER. The games you have listed do not even come close in terms of scale.

I am wrong?

A man who insinuates and makes up stories then argues with those self made stories to prove points is saying I am wrong? Ask yourself why are we debating right now?

Here it is.

I said 

"No doubt the reviews were paid"

Hmm? Do you see the word fact in there? It is my opinion that 'No doubt the reviews were paid' I even said it was poorly worded however it is not my fault you jumped the gun and 'insinuated' I passed it off as fact.

f*cking tool.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:01 AM Edited by Thebull94, 04 November 2013 - 05:08 AM.

Double post:

GTA IV has a 19 point (or 1.9) difference.and GTA V 1.8 (or 1.9)

Bottom line why do less mainstream (i,e games that do not pour over half the budget in f*cking advertisement) games on Meta critic have roughly the same score as the User score whereas more Mainstream games, the battlefields, cods, GTA's all have extremely varying scores? Are the Users getting a different game? Or are the reviewers being given a little incentive to look away at some of the short comings?

Anyway f*ck it im off to bed, just ask yourself why you are even debating with me on the first place then smack your head of the wall for being so stupid as to insinuate whole scenarios and conjure up made up sentences that were never said or intended. 

Now go jerk of to your GTA V game case.

the jerk off part was a joke but I hope you miss this little bit then feel stupid when I point out that you missed this lil comment :)

drizzle1
  • drizzle1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

No planning in heists (as promised)

More things to do in GTA SA

Much better story-line and mission variety in SA

Awful activities in V - yoga? tennis? golf? just sad

Super short story in V

Boring and unchallenging missions in V (drive, shoot out, drive)

Side missions lame

Nothing revolutionary or great about V. Multiplayer is poor (is anyone over the age of 16 really still playing it?). Half-assed story.

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

Trevor says hi to all you GTA players with very high standards.

17Yc76l.jpg

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

This Thread needs to be pinned!

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:15 PM Edited by Official General, 04 November 2013 - 03:15 PM.

Trevor says hi to all you GTA players with very high standards.

17Yc76l.jpg

Trevor is one of the things I really don't like about GTA V. I had to play as him because he was a protagonist. I just hated that experience. 

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

No planning in heists (as promised)

More things to do in GTA SA

Much better story-line and mission variety in SA

Awful activities in V - yoga? tennis? golf? just sad

Super short story in V

Boring and unchallenging missions in V (drive, shoot out, drive)

Side missions lame

Nothing revolutionary or great about V. Multiplayer is poor (is anyone over the age of 16 really still playing it?). Half-assed story.

-I'm pretty sure you get to choose your approach and gather materials for each of the heists.

-Elaborate.

-The story in San Andreas was so unfocused and attempted to appeal to the lowest common denominator (wannabe gangster kids). 

-Optional. Golf is great, I agree about yoga though.

-Over 60 missions isn't short in my book. Plus you can go back and attempt to get gold for them and try different heist approaches.

-Please name some missions that fall under this formula and then prove how SA didn't fall into this pattern.

-I can agree.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

GTA V IS A MAJOR DISAPP
no arguments here
If it's not then why this forum running out of any interesting and quality discussions about V?
With 60+ missions, side activities, big map, interesting cars and mysteries in game, not a single f*cking good topic to read or talk.
It's should speak very well about the game
If you check the SA or VC or IV threads they still keep the interest going in every new member or player even after so many years

RolfStarGames
  • RolfStarGames

Thug

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:18 PM Edited by RolfStarGames, 04 November 2013 - 04:19 PM.

-Most ambitious Rockstar game ever-

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

GTA V is an overhyped piece of sh*t, and you can see this by watching the trailers again, they decived the masses into thinking this game was gonna be the GOAT but it was a lie, everything from the bouncer supposedly pushing a drunk out of the club to the dense forests which have magically gone missing, the lack of interiors, the inability to buy houses in SP, the sh*t they promised for online like heists and sh*t and a whole lot more, it was all a lie. On top of that there was only 69 missions between 3 guys, R* are f*cking gay.

• RolfStarGames likes this

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

Is this thread still going on? My word.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

This Thread needs to be pinned!

There's already a stickied thread for this sh*t.

http://gtaforums.com...a-5-thread-v20/

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

Grand Theft Auto was never about side missions, it was never about a good story, it was never about how many interiors there was.

It was always about creating Mayhem in a world of it's own, with the number of toys R* gave you to do so.

• xXGst0395Xx likes this

The Governor
  • The Governor

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

It is just mind boggling, jaw dropping, stupifying, and out right crazy how people who supposebly "hate" this game continue to hang out on the GTA V forums and continue chatting about how they don't like the game.  Some even talk about details as if they played through the game and didn't stop.  This behavior completely points to the fact that they really do enjoy the game but wish they didn't so they take it to the forums.  Either because they hate Rockstar or GTAV out-sold their favorite game, or whatever.  If you truely didn't enjoy GTA V, you would be playing something else and definately ignoring the GTA V forums.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:25 PM Edited by Official General, 04 November 2013 - 06:28 PM.

It is just mind boggling, jaw dropping, stupifying, and out right crazy how people who supposebly "hate" this game continue to hang out on the GTA V forums and continue chatting about how they don't like the game.  Some even talk about details as if they played through the game and didn't stop.  This behavior completely points to the fact that they really do enjoy the game but wish they didn't so they take it to the forums.  Either because they hate Rockstar or GTAV out-sold their favorite game, or whatever.  If you truely didn't enjoy GTA V, you would be playing something else and definately ignoring the GTA V forums.

That is just a very ignorant, shallow and narrow-minded way of reading the situation. Most people who you say 'hate' the game are here on these forums simply because they are venting their frustrations, anger and disappointments about GTA V not living up to their expectations. Being massive GTA fans, of course they are gonna be very vocal and passionate in expressing their criticisms of the game. It's a natural human thing to do and way to feel about something you are so enthusiastic and passionate about

In addition to this, some of what you wrote here does not make much sense. Why would someone really like a game but wish they hated it ?? What kind of, off-the-wall bullsh*t theory is that ? And really, I doubt anyone on here really cares that Rockstar outsold their favorite game - unless they are shareholders in rival games companies, why the f**k would anyone care about that ?? Seriously, check your words, this really sounds dumb. 

• NinjaWJ likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

I sort of agree but some people genuinely hate it though I do agree that they seem to know details it took me weeks to figure out and I love the game.

People have the right to their opinion and to post anything they want but I don't get the logic of spending hours on a board dedicated to something you hate. I have not liked an Eminem album since 2002 but I don't make post after post on his forums about how much I hate his new album. I just don't listen anymore.

drizzle1
  • drizzle1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:14 AM

It's obvious you're young and naive. People like to be heard, especially if they held the GTA series in high regard and expected something a lot better after all the hype from Rockstar themselves. Rockstar basically lied to us, and I'm guessing the only people that can't see that GTA V is actually pretty poor haven't played many quality video games.

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:52 AM

It's obvious you're young and naive. People like to be heard, especially if they held the GTA series in high regard and expected something a lot better after all the hype from Rockstar themselves. Rockstar basically lied to us, and I'm guessing the only people that can't see that GTA V is actually pretty poor haven't played many quality video games.

drizzle1, dude, drizzle1, drizzle1....hey hey, listen. f*ck off. 

Also you being a condescending dickhead won't change anything. This is one asshat's thread that's causing way too much drama. You don't like the game? Then don't play it. Sell it. Get rid of it. But you whining your f*cking head off in front of random strangers on GTA Forums (of all places to be heard and taken seriously lol) isn't going to do much for you. Let's face it, you're a troll (even if unintentionally) and now you're satisfied with w/e you think you've accomplished. Well done. You want a f*cking cookie? 

UndraftedTalent
  • UndraftedTalent

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

ts your website sucks

smug-david-brent-o.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users