Photo

GTA V is a major disappointment

209 replies to this topic
G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:08 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 03 November 2013 - 08:11 PM.

It's true though. GTA fanboys saying it's the best. Jesus, with hundreds of millions of dollars, hundreds of workers and 5+ years to make it, it's just dreadful.

Oh shut up, don't you think we already know what people dislike about the game without you signing up just to post some sh*tty article? I swear, some people who have negative thoughts on the game are just as bad as fanboys who say how perfect the game is. Neither them can respect each other's opinions.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:08 PM Edited by Official General, 03 November 2013 - 08:09 PM.

It was clearly written by someone who adores San Andreas and anything that is not San Andreas just isn't good enough. At least, that's how I see it. 

@ spamtackey

But that is the real issue here. GTA V had a BIG chance to dethrone San Andreas once and for all. This should have been the GTA of them all to finally make those so-called 'SA fanboys' that certain people on here seem to despise, change their minds and acknowledge a new GTA king. The hard truth of the matter, is that from what I've seen and heard so far, that is definitely not the case. As bitter a pill as it may be for some to swallow, SA still appears to be better than V for many, and for very legitimate and valid reasons. Don't need to go into them all over again. 

I have yet to see any legitimate argument for why GTA V should have been SA 2.0 to please those fanboys. The most I hear is "gang wars, burglaries, three cities, CJ!!" and it's starting to get on my nerves. 

It might get om your nerves, but it's the cold, hard truth bro.

So I guess you're fine with bullsh*t, powder-puff stuff like yoga instead of gang wars, burglaries, gambling etc ?? Too bad that many people just don't eye to eye with you on this. 

• NinjaWJ likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:09 PM

97 on metacritic is just pathetic compared to sa's and vc's 94s and 95s. 1bn$ in 3 days is awful. Ask anyone and they'll totally agree the game sucked. I can't believe rockstar didn't live up to you and the article writer's expectations.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but most of the hate I hear comes from this forum. I've asked friends and people, and the only complaints they have about the game is the story being too short, the cops being broken, etc. Nothing like the extreme and stupid reasons people come up with here, such as the lack of fishing, or only having one lawnmower in the game.

Most people I talk to say they love the game.

• G.S.T likes this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

It was clearly written by someone who adores San Andreas and anything that is not San Andreas just isn't good enough. At least, that's how I see it. 

@ spamtackey

But that is the real issue here. GTA V had a BIG chance to dethrone San Andreas once and for all. This should have been the GTA of them all to finally make those so-called 'SA fanboys' that certain people on here seem to despise, change their minds and acknowledge a new GTA king. The hard truth of the matter, is that from what I've seen and heard so far, that is definitely not the case. As bitter a pill as it may be for some to swallow, SA still appears to be better than V for many, and for very legitimate and valid reasons. Don't need to go into them all over again. 

I have yet to see any legitimate argument for why GTA V should have been SA 2.0 to please those fanboys. The most I hear is "gang wars, burglaries, three cities, CJ!!" and it's starting to get on my nerves. 

It might get om your nerves, but it's the cold, hard truth bro.

So I guess you're fine with bullsh*t, powder-puff stuff like yoga instead of gang wars, burglaries, gambling etc ?? Too bad that many people just don't eye to eye with you on this. 

I've spoken many times about things I felt GTA V got wrong. Yoga is boring as crap, but that doesn't mean we need to throw in every feature from San Andreas to make a good game. Quality > Quantity. I prefer GTA IV to SA because the main mechanics felt better to me. GTA V ruined a lot of those mechanics for me and brought in a bunch of stuff that lacked quality while also bringing in some great features and well designed side-missions. For me, GTA V is a mix of quality and that's why it didn't live up to the hype or my expectations. I'd have taken less features if they were of higher quality. I wouldn't stuff more poorly thought out features into it.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:23 PM Edited by Official General, 03 November 2013 - 08:30 PM.

97 on metacritic is just pathetic compared to sa's and vc's 94s and 95s. 1bn$ in 3 days is awful. Ask anyone and they'll totally agree the game sucked. I can't believe rockstar didn't live up to you and the article writer's expectations.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but most of the hate I hear comes from this forum. I've asked friends and people, and the only complaints they have about the game is the story being too short, the cops being broken, etc. Nothing like the extreme and stupid reasons people come up with here, such as the lack of fishing, or only having one lawnmower in the game.

Well some people are just a lot more easily pleased than others. Not always a bad thing, because at least they generally tend not to have very high expectations and end up being disappointed if they are not fully or mostly met. But for people like me, I expect certain things of interest to me that generally have high standards to live up to expectations, and when they are not met for most part, it really does bother me and leaves me feeling a bit letdown. In this case, GTA V, and before that GTA IV. 

@ spamtackey

I was not asking Rockstar for the impossible. I just wanted them to finally reverse most of the mistakes they made with IV and make them right in V all the same time, still going ahead with the new innovative gameplay and features. This does not mean everything from San Andreas gotta be in V, just at least the best features of it for most part. Simply because V is a modern-day SA at least setting-wise, so it's only right it should have revisted the best SA features and greatly improved on them, bit we did not get that sadly.

• NinjaWJ likes this

drizzle1
  • drizzle1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

It's true though. GTA fanboys saying it's the best. Jesus, with hundreds of millions of dollars, hundreds of workers and 5+ years to make it, it's just dreadful.

Oh shut up, don't you think we already know what people dislike about the game without you signing up just to post some sh*tty article? I swear, some people who have negative thoughts on the game are just as bad as fanboys who say how perfect the game is. Neither them can respect each other's opinions.

If you can't see how much of a flop GTA V was in comparison to R*'s own hype, media hype, and so on, well, that's kinda sad.

• WhitValid likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

If you can't see how much of a flop GTA V was in comparison to R*'s own hype, media hype, and so on, well, that's kinda sad.

You might hate it but it is not a flop by any standard.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

Well some people are just a lot more easily pleased than others. Not always a bad thing, because at least they generally tend not to have very high expectations and end up being disappointed if they are not fully or mostly met. But for people like me, I expect certain things of interest to me that generally have high standards to live up to expectations, and when they are not met for most part, it really does bother me and leaves me feeling a bit letdown. 

I understand that, but when he says: 

"Ask anyone and they'll totally agree the game sucked."

I don't think being easily pleased is a factor.

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

1bn$ in 3 days is awful.

jaguars-fan-cant-believe-it-nfl-fan-gifs

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:35 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 03 November 2013 - 08:35 PM.

Well it obviously wasn't going to please everyone. I don't think it's perfect, I do think it has it's share of issues. Doesn't make your statements factual you fool, people will always think differently about the game. I guess if you choose to like it though, that automatically makes you a "blind fanboy".

Give up.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:36 PM Edited by whatsstrength, 03 November 2013 - 08:38 PM.

Oh god, the stupidity in this thread...

"The people with brains know the game isn't that good while the fanboys are trying to believe the game is good while its the same formula we've seen for years. "

This statement right here is the stupidest in the thread. Congratulations redx.

Coming from someone who thought the 360 version would still look better with all the proof I shown makes whatever you post stupid. 

My God, you are just the worst.

-You complain about GTA 5 following "the same formula we've seen for years" and then go on to suck Naughty Dog's dick by acting like The Last of Us is a revolution in gaming when it's also guilty of following a formula that's been around for years.

- You try to use TheMasterfocker's opinion of the 360 version of the game to discredit a post he made that doesn't even have relevance to that topic.

-Your f*cking signature is a joke. "I told you!!! GTA V looks better on PS3". You sound like you're fresh out of middle school.

Quit riding Sony's dick and learn how to debate properly before you post anything else on this website.

• nuer, Ermac. and TheMasterfocker like this

17th
  • 17th

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

100% agree. This game is just disappointing. They promised us a lot more. I know I'm repeating myself, but it's true. For example planning hest. They told us that we will be able to plan heists, and that heists will be amazing like heist mission in GTA IV. But no. We are able to choose 1 from 2 scripted scenarios. And that's all.

Or map. Underwater is completely waste of space and time, it's extremaly boring, and submarine is too slow. And we even can't dive to ocean floor. Instead of this they should create more terrain behind Chilliad, or make chilliad bigger, and create snowy terrain on the top.

Also gun customization is big fail. Why we can't unmount silencer? Or turn off flashlight?

Why the hell there's no nitro in Los Santos Customs?

Why the f*ck they created inventory in multiplayer, but no in singleplayer?

Why we can't drive train?

Why they blocked almost every interior available in missions?

Why there are sh*tload of bugs, when they delayed it for fixing bugs?

Why the hell they talked about V like about revolution in gaming while it's not even evolution?! It's just GTA IV with better graphics, new story, map, weapons and cars.

Very poorly for 5 years work.

EDIT: Also when we are talking about San Andreas 2, we are not talking about gangs and 3 cities. We are talking about GTA KING. About THE BEST GTA EVER. V should be SA2, but it's not.

I sincerely hope English is not your first language.

Please tell me what I did wrong because I'm still learning English

I'm pretty sure you can unmount silencers at the gun shop (Not 100% though). And you can turn off the flashlight.

Please tell me how because I don't know... Of course you can unmount silencers at gun shop, but why not on the street?

I'm pretty sure we could never drive trains. And they never promised that.

We could drive train in one mission

Same reason they did the same thing in GTA 4.

So why? They created for example fully explorable LifeInvader office, and then blocked it in freeroam...

Because a closed, internal test isn't as good as millions of people playing it. Why are Bethesda games always buggy? This is pretty common sense.

So R* beta testers must be really stupid because they didn't saw broken police AI or stealth system

They said it was there biggest and most ambitious game to date. They talked about it like a revolution for them, not gaming.

Ok, but if SA had better graphics and physics then it would be simply better than V

...Everything a sequel usually is to the game before it. Lol what are you trying to say here?

I'm trying to say that V in freeroam is boring as IV, and we can't do almost anything new.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

"The people with brains know the game isn't that good while the fanboys are trying to believe the game is good while its the same formula we've seen for years. "

Coming from someone who thought the 360 version would still look better with all the proof I shown makes whatever you post stupid. 

-You complain about GTA 5 following "the same formula we've seen for years" and then go on to suck Naughty Dog's dick by acting like The Last of Us is a revolution in gaming when it's also guilty of following a formula that's been around for years.

- You try to use TheMasterfocker's opinion of the 360 version of the game to discredit a post he made that doesn't even have relevance to that topic.

-Your f*cking signature is a joke. "I told you!!! GTA V looks better on PS3". You sound like you're fresh out of middle school.

Quit riding Sony's dick and learn how to debate properly before you post anything else on this website.

Tell me what game is exactly like The Last of Us? I haven't played any that was close. Same can be said about Red Dead Redemption. Both games mix great storytelling with great gameplay. 

People use my past so why can't I use his? Quit dick riding TheMasterfocker. 

What's the point of debating if the room is filled with fanboys that can't accept that GTA has been the same since GTA III just with more features and a new location in the other ones. 

Same sh*tty Shooting, Driving, bad police ai and driving ai. Online is even worst that's filled with pussies that complain if their personal car gets destroyed. 

You also must be a 360 fanboy cause you can't handle the truth that the PS3 version is better. 

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:54 PM Edited by spamtackey, 03 November 2013 - 09:00 PM.

@ spamtackey

I was not asking Rockstar for the impossible. I just wanted them to finally reverse most of the mistakes they made with IV and make them right in V all the same time, still going ahead with the new innovative gameplay and features. This does not mean everything from San Andreas gotta be in V, just at least the best features of it for most part. Simply because V is a modern-day SA at least setting-wise, so it's only right it should have revisted the best SA features and greatly improved on them, bit we did not get that sadly.

The flaw in this thought process is that only the location is similar. The rest of it is intended to be entirely different. The very theme of the story is supposed to be about the dollar not about gang warfare like SA. SA was a gangster losing his place and finding it again while taking over a state. To try and make V and SA the same would be like me saying "okay The Godfather has that scene in L.A. with the

Spoiler
so every movie in LA must find the best of that!" or "Spider-Man takes place in New York so why doesn't it have the same qualities as the 1998 Godzilla?" 

It's all about the type of game that want to make. I would rather not have any gang-war feature or burglary feature if they could add more heist-related things. They never advertised them but side-heists would be nicer especially with the whole "chasing the dollar" theme. Houses should be purchasable in Single Player if only because Multiplayer has it and it would also fit this theme. Gambling was done in RDR so they already have the foundations for it and it would also fit this theme. More story missions showing Franklin's isolation as he abandons his friends in search of the dollar would be great. I would love it if they could make Franklin start out more about helping his friends get out of the hood (doing more gang related things) but slowly become more self-centered and stop helping out (leave the hood and perhaps a rival gang should take over or something but Franklin doesn't care) until it comes back to bite him (Lamar or his aunt get killed and Franklin realizes what he gave up). That moment in ending C where

Spoiler
doesn't really mean much because Franklin always looked after Lamar even when he didn't want to. Michael's story is fine but it doesn't really fit the theme of finding the dollar. Trevor's does but he's running his drug empire and maybe more on that would be nice. 

--edit--

Actually, if they could show more of Trevor being crazy to make Franklin doubt him, and have Franklin misinterpret or not take Michael's advice and have him blame Michael it would have given more reason for the different endings. Ending C would have to be different, but with the right writing it could still work. 

IMO, to surpass San Andreas they shouldn't recreate it, but rather create an experience with more tight gameplay and with as much 'love' put into it as they can. GTA IV was a step in that direction, but it was held back by the troubles of using a new engine. Sadly, GTA V is held back because it's trying to make us forget GTA IV too hard, trying too hard to reference things from GTA SA to please those fans, and throwing in as much stuff as they can so they prove they listened to fan feedback. In doing this they create a game that wavers between average and great with glimpses of true brilliance. I can't call GTA V a flop or the worst disappointment in gaming history, but it certainly didn't live up to its potential. I love it for what it is but I hate it for what it could have been, if that makes any sense.

• G.S.T and ThroatSlasher2 like this

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:55 PM Edited by RockstarFanboy, 03 November 2013 - 08:56 PM.

:facedesk:

The PS3 has better ground textures, congratulations. The Xbox has the better framerate, which, if I remember from our PM's, that "Right there alone makes it the better version."

Remember when you said that? You said that when early reports (forum members) said the PS3 had better framerate, but those reports were wrong. When I sent you better proof (The same article you have in your sig, actually) that showed the Xbox version had better framerate, you automatically went back on that.

But anyway, enough of that bullsh*t. No one cares.

You're still stupid, your post proves it. Anything else you want?

Did you even read the link? 

360: Has better frame rates but will slow down faster in time while the PS3 beats it ONCE in a while in frame rates in which it matters. Like where they shown a video of Trevor blowing up the truck at the trailer park. The 360 went down to 18 while the PS3 was still in the 20's. The PS3 frame rate is more consistent then the 360 which makes it better then 360

Once again TRY AGAIN. Read my link and stop being a fanboy. The proof is all in there by non bias people. 

@Street My link is providing proof that the PS3 version is better from NON bias people that do this for every game. 

"Has better frame rates but will slow down faster in time while the PS3 beats it ONCE in a while in frame rates in which it matters."

"The PS3 frame rate is more consistent then the 360 which makes it better then 360. "

That's contradictory. You said 2 opposite things. Nice try though.

And how am I a fanboy? By agreeing that the PS3 looks better? No, I'm a fanboy because anyone that argues with you is a fanboy, because you're so close-minded it's ridiculous.

Anyway, like I said, no one cares. Are you gonna argue against you being stupid from your first post, or not?

no use arguing with him... his opinion is above anyone else so don't waste your time... if you like the game and he doesn't he will do anything in his power to make you not like the game and convince you it sucks (although it has been more than proven that V is epic but that's not the point here)... same goes with this ps3/xbox argument so you're just wasting your time with him :/

Your opinion is above everyone else. All you do in here is waste time sucking Rockstar dick saying this game is a masterpiece with no flaws just like your friend/your second account. If anything no one should listen to you cause you even have it stated in your name your a fanboy with a HUGE bias feel to Rockstar.

EDIT: This whole Rockstarfanboy/StarVisitor debate is stupid. Since I'm a mod it only takes a few seconds to see if a person has made more than one account and they're not  the same person.

Sorry redx say what again? 

and when did I say V has no flaws? V has flaws but it's still one of the best games out there...  you're the one that decided to cry about everything the game has...

PiggsyV
  • PiggsyV

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

Look at these Klowns go back and forth arguing about a video game,an adults TOY! haha i never once met a fanboy in person who would get defensive if you hate gta 5

they're probably scared of getting knocked out when their friends are nowhere to be seen

the games boring 

the game is great for when wantingto take a nap

• Immigration likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:59 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 03 November 2013 - 09:01 PM.

100% agree. This game is just disappointing. They promised us a lot more. I know I'm repeating myself, but it's true. For example planning hest. They told us that we will be able to plan heists, and that heists will be amazing like heist mission in GTA IV. But no. We are able to choose 1 from 2 scripted scenarios. And that's all.

Or map. Underwater is completely waste of space and time, it's extremaly boring, and submarine is too slow. And we even can't dive to ocean floor. Instead of this they should create more terrain behind Chilliad, or make chilliad bigger, and create snowy terrain on the top.

Also gun customization is big fail. Why we can't unmount silencer? Or turn off flashlight?

Why the hell there's no nitro in Los Santos Customs?

Why the f*ck they created inventory in multiplayer, but no in singleplayer?

Why we can't drive train?

Why they blocked almost every interior available in missions?

Why there are sh*tload of bugs, when they delayed it for fixing bugs?

Why the hell they talked about V like about revolution in gaming while it's not even evolution?! It's just GTA IV with better graphics, new story, map, weapons and cars.

Very poorly for 5 years work.

EDIT: Also when we are talking about San Andreas 2, we are not talking about gangs and 3 cities. We are talking about GTA KING. About THE BEST GTA EVER. V should be SA2, but it's not.

I sincerely hope English is not your first language.

Please tell me what I did wrong because I'm still learning English

I'm pretty sure you can unmount silencers at the gun shop (Not 100% though). And you can turn off the flashlight.

Please tell me how because I don't know... Of course you can unmount silencers at gun shop, but why not on the street?

I don't remember the button for it. I think it was one of the D-Pad's. Look it up, I know for a fact you can. And I don't know why you can't take it off on the street. R* didn't want you to, that's all I can say, really.

I'm pretty sure we could never drive trains. And they never promised that.

We could drive train in one mission

Really? What was that mission? I don't remember it.

Same reason they did the same thing in GTA 4.

So why? They created for example fully explorable LifeInvader office, and then blocked it in freeroam...

It wasn't fully explorable. You could only enter one door while inside, and that was the door to the phone. There were plenty of doors you couldn't enter while in the building.

Because a closed, internal test isn't as good as millions of people playing it. Why are Bethesda games always buggy? This is pretty common sense.

So R* beta testers must be really stupid because they didn't saw broken police AI or stealth system

Alright, that's 2 of the "sh*tload of bugs" you were talking about. I've seen people say the stealth system is broken, but how is it broken? I've never had problems with it.

They said it was there biggest and most ambitious game to date. They talked about it like a revolution for them, not gaming.

Ok, but if SA had better graphics and physics then it would be simply better than V

That may or may not be true. With current graphics/physics, the SA map would be super small because the draw distance was abysmal in SA. GTA 5 does things better than SA, and SA does things better than GTA 5. It's just how it is.

...Everything a sequel usually is to the game before it. Lol what are you trying to say here?

I'm trying to say that V in freeroam is boring as IV, and we can't do almost anything new.

There's a whole lot more to do now. From all the activities, to a good amount of exploration, etc. There's not a whole lot, but way, way more than 4.

redx:

Way to completely ruin your chances of anything you say holding merit ever again. Oh god, do you even read what you write? 

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

The PS3 has better ground textures, congratulations. The Xbox has the better framerate, which, if I remember from our PM's, that "Right there alone makes it the better version."

Remember when you said that? You said that when early reports (forum members) said the PS3 had better framerate, but those reports were wrong. When I sent you better proof (The same article you have in your sig, actually) that showed the Xbox version had better framerate, you automatically went back on that.

360: Has better frame rates but will slow down faster in time while the PS3 beats it ONCE in a while in frame rates in which it matters. Like where they shown a video of Trevor blowing up the truck at the trailer park. The 360 went down to 18 while the PS3 was still in the 20's. The PS3 frame rate is more consistent then the 360 which makes it better then 360

Once again TRY AGAIN. Read my link and stop being a fanboy. The proof is all in there by non bias people. 

@Street My link is providing proof that the PS3 version is better from NON bias people that do this for every game. 

"Has better frame rates but will slow down faster in time while the PS3 beats it ONCE in a while in frame rates in which it matters."

"The PS3 frame rate is more consistent then the 360 which makes it better then 360. "

And how am I a fanboy? By agreeing that the PS3 looks better? No, I'm a fanboy because anyone that argues with you is a fanboy, because you're so close-minded it's ridiculous.

Anyway, like I said, no one cares. Are you gonna argue against you being stupid from your first post, or not?

no use arguing with him... his opinion is above anyone else so don't waste your time... if you like the game and he doesn't he will do anything in his power to make you not like the game and convince you it sucks (although it has been more than proven that V is epic but that's not the point here)... same goes with this ps3/xbox argument so you're just wasting your time with him :/

Your opinion is above everyone else. All you do in here is waste time sucking Rockstar dick saying this game is a masterpiece with no flaws just like your friend/your second account. If anything no one should listen to you cause you even have it stated in your name your a fanboy with a HUGE bias feel to Rockstar.

EDIT: This whole Rockstarfanboy/StarVisitor debate is stupid. Since I'm a mod it only takes a few seconds to see if a person has made more than one account and they're not  the same person.

and when did I say V has no flaws? V has flaws but it's still one of the best games out there...  you're the one that decided to cry about everything the game has...

Do you honestly think its not easy to change IP? Ever heard of a proxy server? I bet you have cause you're using one to keep you IP hidden. 

drizzle1
  • drizzle1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

There's a whole lot more to do now. From all the activities, to a good amount of exploration, etc. There's not a whole lot, but way, way more than 4.

What activities? Golf? Robbing the same gas station over and over? Yoga? Lol.

Exploration? 2 mountains with few features? Empty desert and countryside? A fake city with no interiors?

Just... no.

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

"The people with brains know the game isn't that good while the fanboys are trying to believe the game is good while its the same formula we've seen for years. "[/size]

Tell me what game is exactly like The Last of Us? I haven't played any that was close. Same can be said about Red Dead Redemption. Both games mix great storytelling with great gameplay. 

People use my past so why can't I use his? Quit dick riding TheMasterfocker. 

What's the point of debating if the room is filled with fanboys that can't accept that GTA has been the same since GTA III just with more features and a new location in the other ones. 

Same sh*tty Shooting, Driving, bad police ai and driving ai. Online is even worst that's filled with pussies that complain if their personal car gets destroyed. 

You also must be a 360 fanboy cause you can't handle the truth that the PS3 version is better. 

Apparently you don't branch out in videogames and try new ones much often or go back to previous titles.

Half life 2, dues ex human revolution for example had amazing story lines. But The Last of Us gets credit for no reason at all. Probably because the gamers that go with the general popularity only praise it. I'm not saying the game is bad (and I can't judge since I haven't played it) but god damn there are games out there that also had an amazing storyline/storytelling.

Dvar
  • Dvar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

The most disappointing thing i have ever played was mw3. I was a big fan of mw2 and actually thought it was a decent fps. Mw3 was when i realised it was the same stuff over and over. Grand Theft Auto 5 is amazing compared to Grand Theft Auto 4 IMO. Yes it is not better then San Andreas but is that what you were expecting?

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:14 PM

What activities? Golf? Robbing the same gas station over and over? Yoga? Lol.

Exploration? 2 mountains with few features? Empty desert and countryside? A fake city with no interiors?

Just... no.

Golf, robbing gas stations, watching movies, going to the strip club, drink with friends, invest in the stock market, tennis, hunting, shooting range, races, triathlons, yoga, customizing cars, skydiving, ride the "Ferris Whale" and the roller coaster, Ride the tour bus, visit the Playboy Mansion (Personal opinion on whether or not this is an activity), fly under bridges, build a "spaceship".

You can explore the ocean, all the alleys of the city, the countryside, etc.

17th
  • 17th

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:19 PM Edited by 17th, 03 November 2013 - 09:20 PM.

I don't remember the button for it. I think it was one of the D-Pad's. Look it up, I know for a fact you can. And I don't know why you can't take it off on the street. R* didn't want you to, that's all I can say, really.

Ok, I will try

Really? What was that mission? I don't remember it.

Yeah, really. I think it was in one of heist mission, but I'm not sure.

It wasn't fully explorable. You could only enter one door while inside, and that was the door to the phone. There were plenty of doors you couldn't enter while in the building.

Ok, maybe it's not fully explorable, but it's interior locked in freeroam for no reason.

Alright, that's 2 of the "sh*tload of bugs" you were talking about. I've seen people say the stealth system is broken, but how is it broken? I've never had problems with it.

It's just 2 biggest (for me) bugs in the game. There's more bugs, just type on YouTube "GTA V glitches" and you will see.

Stealth system is broken because when you kill someone from the roof with silenced sniper rifle you will probalby get wanted level. Also if you kill someone in the mountains area (for example in Raton canion) without any witness you will probably get wanted level. Police always know that you commited a crime, but no ped standing behind you. When you change your car without witnesses, police will know it, and they will chase you. When you kill someone and get wanted level, and escape on the roof as fast as you can, police will know that you are on the roof. Also silencers is useless, because it's no matter when you kill someone with silencer or without. Everyone (even if someone is behind the wall) will start screaming and escaping. That's why stealth is broken.

That may or may not be true. With current graphics/physics, the SA map would be super small because the draw distance was abysmal in SA. GTA 5 does things better than SA, and SA does things better than GTA 5. It's just how it is.

Ok you are right

They deleted some activites to make some new. It's exchange. You are right with exploration but I never said that map is ugly. Map is beautiful and it's one of the best thing in V

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

Ah, ok, I thought you meant that stealth mode (The thing that replaced crouch) was broken.

I know what you mean. It is kinda ridiculous. One thing I find stupid is that if I shoot a guy in a crowded street, I get a wanted level INSTANTLY. As soon as I shoot the guy. I should definitely get the wanted level, but it shouldn't be that fast.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

Do you honestly think its not easy to change IP? Ever heard of a proxy server? I bet you have cause you're using one to keep you IP hidden. 

he's a freaking m... you know what nevermind why am I even arguing with a stubborn kid like you, believe in what you want

tator1
  • tator1

Tator Flowers

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

This article pretty much sums everything up:

http://smartknowledg...eo-game-history

Your mother said you were a major disappointment.

drizzle1
  • drizzle1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

Great insult...

For a three year old.

Keep to the topic.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

Great insult...

For a three year old.

Keep to the topic.

You gonna respond to my post about the activities? Or is ignoring it your way of saying you were wrong?

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

While I was slightly disappointed with V, I must say that I'm really enjoying it.

drizzle1
  • drizzle1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:46 PM Edited by drizzle1, 03 November 2013 - 09:47 PM.

Golf, - So boring

robbing gas stations, - Gets old real fast, always the same

watching movies, - not bad, but I want to play a game, not watch a movie, otherwise i'd... watch a movie

going to the strip club, - lame unless you're 12

drink with friends, - as above, lame

invest in the stock market, - can't affect it, boring

tennis, - just no

hunting, - role playing, not an activity. hunt what? coyotes? yawn

shooting range, - not bad

races, - old fast

triathlons, - tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap done

yoga, - just horrendous

customizing cars, - one of the few decent activities

skydiving, - quite fun

ride the "Ferris Whale" and the roller coaster, - incredibly lame

Ride the tour bus, - yawn

visit the Playboy Mansion (Personal opinion on whether or not this is an activity), - fun! if you're 12

fly under bridges, - right...

build a "spaceship". - you don't build anything...

You can explore the ocean, all the alleys of the city, the countryside, etc. - aside from the fruitless jetpack hunt, there's nothing to explore, literally nothing to find or do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users