Photo

R* needs to make a new race type that involves skill

111 replies to this topic
Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:56 PM Edited by Vooodu, 03 November 2013 - 06:57 PM.

Any time I host a race, I turn off custom cars and turn off catch up... It's the only way to go! If I'm placed behind, I turbo boost my way to the front.

Turbo boost? What's that and how do you do it?

The turbo start?

When the race starts.. It goes 3 2 1 GO!.

When you see GO!.  Almost a second after you see it press the gas.

Honestly, its pretty easy when you get it.. I think that should be removed...lol

HiddenStreet
  • HiddenStreet

Super Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:56 PM Edited by HiddenStreet, 03 November 2013 - 07:00 PM.

Sorry if this has already been addressed, as I didn't have the chance to read through this entire thread. But, 0P, do you realize that slipstream has nothing to do with catch up, right? The two are completely different. Slipstream is something that really exists. Slipstream is still present even when catch up is turned off.

You know what, an option of ghost cars in GTA online races would definitely be a good idea. But I don't think that every race should have ghost car. Because spinning other people in cars is just another tactic in racing. It adds an element of offensive and defensive driving. There are ways and techniques to avoid getting spinned out. For example, you slow down rather than speed up in order to prevent tailspin.

daalni
  • daalni

yep, i will stoop as low as you to make my point. suck it.

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

Yes, but can the Double-T beat the Akuma? What's the acceleration fully-modded?

don't know, but it will destroy it in the straights (based off of the stats I've seen, only though lol).  I haven't driven the akuma, just the bati and double t.  the double t destroys the bati off the line and is like 5 mph slower on the straights (which can be negated by ss.)  so it depends on just how good it is off the line.  we'll have to test it out sometime.

daalni
  • daalni

yep, i will stoop as low as you to make my point. suck it.

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

Any time I host a race, I turn off custom cars and turn off catch up... It's the only way to go! If I'm placed behind, I turbo boost my way to the front.

Turbo boost? What's that and how do you do it?

The turbo start?

When the race starts.. It goes 3 2 1 GO!.

When you see GO!.  Almost a second after you see it press the gas.

Honestly, its pretty easy when you get it.. I think that should be removed...lol

either that or he might mean slip stream.  and for that, just line up behind a car and you'll see their aero wind stream.  stay in it and you'll slingshot past them.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

Yeah, I know turbo start, I thought he meant once the race starts.

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

Traffic makes slip steam hard and stops noobs who can't race and only ram and stuff maybe you people should start using traffic -_-

HiddenStreet
  • HiddenStreet

Super Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

Turbo start is really easy once you get the timing down. What I do is when I see the number three in the countdown I hold my left trigger down. Then shortly after I see the word go, I release my left trigger and immediately clutch down on my right trigger.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

Turbo start is really easy once you get the timing down. What I do is when I see the number three in the countdown I hold my left trigger down. Then shortly after I see the word go, I release my left trigger and immediately clutch down on my right trigger.

Why use the left trigger? Does it increase the turbo start?

HiddenStreet
  • HiddenStreet

Super Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:07 PM Edited by HiddenStreet, 03 November 2013 - 07:11 PM.

Fully upgraded adder is trash I win races against those with my vacca

This^... I use my infernus and beat Chromey Phoney Adders all the time..  I love it.

In Sports class I use my Sultan and win the majority of those races...

So not sure why players think fastest car + modded = wins.
Pretty sure you couldn't even touch a skilled racer in an adder whether customized or not. Especially if they know how to utilize their turbo boosting start. A Vacca would get smoked even if they're riding in the slip stream, if the person in the adder is skilled. An Infernus would not be able to match an adders handling.

Either way the Entity is the best all around super car. Performance wise.

SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:11 PM Edited by SAUL_SILVER, 03 November 2013 - 07:12 PM.

They need to make all races with guns,traffic and cops on, this is gta 5 not gt5

notgonlie
  • notgonlie

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:13 PM Edited by notgonlie, 03 November 2013 - 07:14 PM.

Gta 4 had good racing. Matchmaking was ok, and the driving physics made racing actually work since since when you tried to pit maneuver someone chances are you spin out too. Gta5s physics don't really work as a racing game. When driving is so easy to begin with, being stuck on the ground like a bumper car, and throwing in options like slip stream and catch up leave the game mode requiring no skill to win. 

I love GTA 4 racing.. But I think you have no clue WTF you are talking about..

Turn off catch up to solve the noob race problem.

But saying the driving is easy and takes no skill means you can win races with your eyes closed..  lol.

First off you have to be HOST to change settings. Getting your own host with a lobby full of players is extremely rare...And a lobby with a host that remembers to turn catchup off is even more rare.

I know exactly what i'm talking about. The driving in 5 is incredibly easy, damage is almost non existent , and things like catchup, slip stream, speed boost off the start completely ruin the game for people that actually have skill in driving. Skill means people that can cut corners/turns at faster speeds than others just because they can handle the car better. In gta4 that skill would put you in 1st place. In this game it might, but somebody will either pit maneuver you while passing, slip stream you, or use "catchup" which all require no skill and gain 1st place. The racing is very unbalanced and its not hard to see that.

• B3astGTS likes this

BlakeZ
  • BlakeZ

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

A solution to custom cars could just be to allow other racers to use a vehicle with all performance enhancing mods on. Like pressing a specific button once you select your stock vehicle to match performance of others in game. That way people who are proud of their customs can race on an even playing field with others. The difference should be that the free to use modified cars have no visual add-ons. Custom racers that spent their earned in game cash would still have style differences to flaunt.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

Gta 4 had good racing. Matchmaking was ok, and the driving physics made racing actually work since since when you tried to pit maneuver someone chances are you spin out too. Gta5s physics don't really work as a racing game. When driving is so easy to begin with, being stuck on the ground like a bumper car, and throwing in options like slip stream and catch up leave the game mode requiring no skill to win. 

But saying the driving is easy and takes no skill means you can win races with your eyes closed..  lol.

First off you have to be HOST to change settings. Getting your own host with a lobby full of players is extremely rare...And a lobby with a host that remembers to turn catchup off is even more rare.

I know exactly what i'm talking about. The driving in 5 is incredibly easy, damage is almost non existent , and things like catchup, slip stream, speed boost off the start completely ruin the game for people that actually have skill in driving. Skill means people that can cut corners/turns at faster speeds than others just because they can handle the car better. In gta4 that skill would put you in 1st place. In this game it might, but somebody will either pit maneuver you while passing, slip stream you, or use "catchup" which all require no skill and gain 1st place. The racing is very unbalanced and its not hard to see that.

Exactly.

Toastmasta
  • Toastmasta

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:25 PM

-No custom cars so that some level 120 that glitched his way to $10,000,000.00 can beat everyone with a fully-upgraded Adder

-Be able to browse random races by type (I HATE how people ALWAYS pick super cars)

-NO catch-up (what's the point of being in first when you can just be slipstreamed at the last second?)

-Ghost cars for the other players (no spinning others out to win races)

You should still be able to do the above features, just make a new type where you can't. Anyone else agree? I'm a superior racer to most I play, yet I always get slipstreamed, I always get rammed whenever I brake around turns (they don't turn, they just ram to knock me out of the race), and I'm always the victim of some douchebag that uses his fully-modded cars to basically cheat (I mean, how am I supposed to win races and be able to mod my car if I'm always playing people with already modded cars?). 

I just need one race to get turbo for my Sultan, but I always end up with catchup and custom cars. And no one ever joins the sessions I host. 

f*ck...

As of now winning a race unlocks mods for ALL classes. So you can win a race with a super car and your muscle, sedans, SUVs ect will also get the mod unlocked

So you don't need to use the sultan to get unlocks for it. Use any car you want. This may get patched in the future.

xIVERTiiGOIx
  • xIVERTiiGOIx

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:28 PM

i think a cool concept would be to give players an xp and cash bonus the less they touch other players, if you race the whole race without touching another player you get a bonus. give people incentive not to hit you, It harms the race, as it isnt really a race...more like "Who ever doesnt get hit wins" and people taking you out as soo as the race starts is so annoying 

• rnb010 likes this

B3astGTS
  • B3astGTS

Why? Because cash cards...

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:35 AM

They need to fix the mechanics not the race type. Catchup and slipstream need to be removed for balanced racing. The other item they need to fix is custom cars. If you have custom cars on for racing, the game should evaluate the mods and put your car in a class so that you can only race custom cars in the same class.

bensons
  • bensons

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:07 AM

what's needed is an official tarmac race track for all this

MoeBeerz
  • MoeBeerz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:28 AM

Slip stream should be left in catch up should be gone .. Slip streaming is like drafting its,an actual thing used in racing. (Not quite as agfective),With out it the guy in the back has zero chance of getting anywheres if everyone knows what they are doing at the start of the race so how fun would that be?? Slip streaming with catch up on is retarded though.
Have you ever caught up to the lad pack after you got wrecked in a pile up by teaming up with another racer and sling shot ing each other by trading slip streams ? It's f*cking awesome mate!! Try it rather then just wrecking each other like most morons.
  • mo-seph likes this

DR1P
  • DR1P

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:37 AM

Race settings are fine, matchmaking is not. If you host and the ppl in your free roam lobby don't want ti race your SOL as that + friends is basically all that get the inv.

Bosk
  • Bosk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:21 AM

Things that sh*t me about GTA Online races:

- Slipstreaming is waaaaaaayyy too powerful and occurs too frequently

- Car physics are ridiculous and encourage players to make contact to put others out of the race

- Too many tracks with few if any sharp corners, which makes cars with high top speed king

- GTA Race mode is moronic and makes winning completely a matter of luck not skill

- AI traffic doing stupid things like swerving at the last minute from the opposite lane to hit you

- Players immediately kicking you whenever you beat them

- Too many Super class races, not enough of everything else

- Too many sh*tty maps like Criminal Records & Down The Drain being run, not enough of the others

• NoMeansYes likes this

Horndog_SA
  • Horndog_SA

Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:27 AM

I agree,

Its pathetic to have to race against cheaters who clearly have no skill, whats the use, theres GTA for that crap.

i never spin opponents out or ram them off the road, theres no skill in that and its damn frustrating, they should create a penalty for players ramming others, you hit a player or spin them off, 5 second pause or ban for you.

Hootytooty
  • Hootytooty

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:44 AM Edited by Hootytooty, 04 November 2013 - 10:45 AM.

They just need to remove drafting and catch up.

Stupid features designed to keep sh*t drivers in contention. Removes all the skill from racing.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:54 AM

This should have been posted in the official cry baby section.

TrevorsShoe
  • TrevorsShoe

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

come on over with me and play Forza and GT.

rnb010
  • rnb010

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:10 AM

Things that sh*t me about GTA Online races:

- Slipstreaming is waaaaaaayyy too powerful and occurs too frequently

- Car physics are ridiculous and encourage players to make contact to put others out of the race

- Too many tracks with few if any sharp corners, which makes cars with high top speed king

- GTA Race mode is moronic and makes winning completely a matter of luck not skill

- AI traffic doing stupid things like swerving at the last minute from the opposite lane to hit you

- Players immediately kicking you whenever you beat them

- Too many Super class races, not enough of everything else

- Too many sh*tty maps like Criminal Records & Down The Drain being run, not enough of the others

this!!!

seriously wtf is up with that!?!?

marvinthebox
  • marvinthebox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:11 AM

try to beat the world records. 

smil0
  • smil0

<3

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:13 AM Edited by smil0, 04 November 2013 - 11:15 AM.

they should make tuned versions of every car available for races and everyone should be able to pick them. like Dilletante, Dilletante (Tuning), Blista, Blista (Tuning), Vacca, Vacca (Tuning) and so on. that way people can still use their own cars and the opponent can just pick a pre-tuned car to have a chance.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:52 PM Edited by Vooodu, 04 November 2013 - 01:53 PM.

Im gonna have to disagree.

Playing with catch up still requires skill even tho its a noob mechanic  Because catch up with traffic and sharp turns pretty much nulls the effect catch up can have.

Slip stream takes skill to use effectively.

Like I said I love GTA 4 racing and raced it constantly.  I also love the racing in GTA V.   

It still takes skill to race in this game no matter if you enjoy it or not.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

This^... I use my infernus and beat Chromey Phoney Adders all the time..  I love it.

Pretty sure you couldn't even touch a skilled racer in an adder whether customized or not. Especially if they know how to utilize their turbo boosting start. A Vacca would get smoked even if they're riding in the slip stream, if the person in the adder is skilled. An Infernus would not be able to match an adders handling.

Theres no such thing as best all around car in my books.  And I prove to myself al the time when I beat those cars with my cars.

And yes, they are skilled racers.

JOEBEEZ
  • JOEBEEZ

Fanny Bandit

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

Theres no such thing as best all around car in my books.  And I prove to myself al the time when I beat those cars with my cars.

And yes, they are skilled racers.

LOL the guy saying the Adder is all conquering has no idea.

NO CAR in any class has a clear advantage over any other car in the same class, this also goes if all cars are fully modded.

The Adder is a POS in races, easily the worst of the 'Big 3', as it's advantages (top speed) do not come in handy in 9 out of 10 races.

Furthermore, a skilled driver in a stock Voltic can smoke a nub in an Adder/Entity, contrary to popular belief there is skill involved in winning GTAO races (HINT: It doesn't involve ramming everyone who comes near you off the road...)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users