Photo

R* needs to make a new race type that involves skill

111 replies to this topic
F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

-No custom cars so that some level 120 that glitched his way to $10,000,000.00 can beat everyone with a fully-upgraded Adder

-Be able to browse random races by type (I HATE how people ALWAYS pick super cars)

-NO catch-up (what's the point of being in first when you can just be slipstreamed at the last second?)

-Ghost cars for the other players (no spinning others out to win races)

You should still be able to do the above features, just make a new type where you can't. Anyone else agree? I'm a superior racer to most I play, yet I always get slipstreamed, I always get rammed whenever I brake around turns (they don't turn, they just ram to knock me out of the race), and I'm always the victim of some douchebag that uses his fully-modded cars to basically cheat (I mean, how am I supposed to win races and be able to mod my car if I'm always playing people with already modded cars?). 

I just need one race to get turbo for my Sultan, but I always end up with catchup and custom cars. And no one ever joins the sessions I host. 

f*ck...

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

You can already turn OFF both custom cars and Catchup. So all you're asking for is opponent cars to be ghost?

Zodape
  • Zodape

El Crápula

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

-5 Years in development

-No never wanted cheat nor ghost cars in races

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:09 PM

Ghost mode, end of story.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:12 PM Edited by Vooodu, 03 November 2013 - 06:13 PM.

How does custom cars = No skill.

More like if you can't afford custom cars you should not be complaining.

I avoid races without custom off.   And no im no glitcher with adders.  I don't even use the fastest cars in their class and still beat glitchers with the fastest cars daily.

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

If the match making wasn't so god awful it would solve just about all the problems. More search options as OP mentioned would be the key.

• NoMeansYes likes this

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

Fully upgraded adder is trash I win races against those with my vacca

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:16 PM Edited by Vooodu, 03 November 2013 - 06:18 PM.

Fully upgraded adder is trash I win races against those with my vacca

This^... I use my infernus and beat Chromey Phoney Adders all the time..  I love it.

In Sports class I use my Sultan and win the majority of those races...

So not sure why players think fastest car + modded = wins.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

You can already turn OFF both custom cars and Catchup. So all you're asking for is opponent cars to be ghost?

Yeah, but good luck finding a random race with both of those off that isn't a super car race. Not enough search options.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

I avoid races without custom off.   And no im no glitcher with adders.  I don't even use the fastest cars in their class and still beat glitchers with the fastest cars daily.

Custom cars = no skill in most cases/commonly.

I am not saying that using them is not skillful, but honestly, in races that have long straights or require only to use throttle, custom cars do have an unfair advantage. Especially if the car is a custom Entity/Adder/the best car in the category.

Epi
  • Epi

might be a girl in rl

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:24 PM Edited by Epi, 03 November 2013 - 06:26 PM.

custom cars you  can turn off

catchup is not slipstream (wich needs to go) catchup is something every race game has and needs

ghostcars.... this isnt a f*cking single player

the trick is choose something fun.... no criminal records... set custom off, set traffic on, set wanted lvl's on, set gta on

those are fun races

also custom cars mean sh*t... its hardly a gain...and you can out ride them on skill

slipstream is the only really dumb thing in this game... it's f*cking mario kart where you stay 2nd till the last turn because of the blue shield.... you do the same in gta races... because slipstream makes no sence

tbh.... your main issue is : you're a lazy f*ck that doesnt drive to a spot to host... no you press quick play and then emo about the outcome of being a sheep that has no power instead of a herder that sets the setting... FACT

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

I am not saying that using them is not skillful, but honestly, in races that have long straights or require only to use throttle, custom cars do have an unfair advantage. Especially if the car is a custom Entity/Adder/the best car in the category.

Exactly, that's all that I'm saying. All else equal, same cars, same mods, I'd take my chances 8/10 times. With custom cars? sh*t, I only have a Sultan and an Akuma. I'd take myself 1/10 times. Custom cars are a HUGE advantage. Whoever is the wealthiest will win almost every time. It takes close to no skill if you're playing against people without fully-modded cars.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:24 PM Edited by Vooodu, 03 November 2013 - 06:25 PM.

In long straight a ways without traffic. Custom cars OR the fastest unmodded car will have the advantage.  Either way its not 'fair' .

So no matter how anyone looks at it, the only fair way to make it fair is to have all cars the same top speed, braking, traction and acceleration.

Im a huge GTA race fan.. Only reason I purchased and modded my cars are for races.  So when I see a no entry for customs cars il leave unless I don't own a custom  car for that race.

I can't stand the factory model sultan and Infernus..

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

also custom cars mean sh*t... its hardly a gain...and you can out ride them on skill

Do a race against a fully-modded Entity/Adder with an unmodded one. Record it. Post it here. Guarantee you'll lose every time, assuming they don't crash and everyone gets the boost start.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:27 PM

Whoever is the wealthiest will win almost every time.

I take it you don't race much...lol  :D

If that was true id never win.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

Do a race against a fully-modded Entity/Adder with an unmodded one. Record it. Post it here. Guarantee you'll lose every time, assuming they don't crash and everyone gets the boost start.

Well they did add catch up to try and balance that problem you seem to think exists. 

It does not take an insane amount of money to purchase a super car and mod it. Nor does having an adder/entity mean instant wins.  Just sayin..

In a few weeks when you can afford cars/mods you won't be asking for non modded races.  NO custom racers are still unfair since the cars are all different.  With Custom off Adders and Entity are still considered faster on paper.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:31 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 03 November 2013 - 06:31 PM.

In long straight a ways without traffic. Custom cars OR the fastest unmodded car will have the advantage.  Either way its not 'fair' .

So no matter how anyone looks at it, the only fair way to make it fair is to have all cars the same top speed, braking, traction and acceleration.

Im a huge GTA race fan.. Only reason I purchased and modded my cars are for races.  So when I see a no entry for customs cars il leave unless I don't own a custom  car for that race.

"the only fair way to make it fair is to have all cars the same top speed, braking, traction and acceleration."

Technically it is like that in races that have custom vehicles disabled. Majority of the lobby know what to use (e.g. Entity or Adder in Super class) with occasional level 2 using a Bullet and crashing to the nearest wall, thus they are pretty much equal in the race. It's about the racer's skill (or the desire for ram rampage/demolition derby in the start) then.

WildmouseX
  • WildmouseX

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

I would like to see a version of the auto club speedway put in.

http://en.wikipedia....o_Club_Speedway

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

"the only fair way to make it fair is to have all cars the same top speed, braking, traction and acceleration."

Technically it is like that in races that have custom vehicles disabled. Majority of the lobby know what to use (e.g. Entity or Adder in Super class) with occasional level 2 using a Bullet and crashing to the nearest wall, thus they are pretty much equal in the race. It's about the racer's skill (or the desire for ram rampage/demolition derby in the start) then.

But I don't use those cars and never will. 

In a non custom car race il still use the factory models of my favourite cars.

Non custom infernus VS a Non custom adder in straight race will have a huge disadvantage.

Besides most races don't come down to whos car can go the fastest in a straight line.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

Well they did add catch up to try and balance that problem you seem to think exists. 

It does not take an insane amount of money to purchase a super car and mod it. Nor does having an adder/entity mean instant wins.  Just sayin..

In a few weeks when you can afford cars/mods you won't be asking for non modded races.  NO custom racers are still unfair since the cars are all different.  With Custom off Adders and Entity are still considered faster on paper.

I can afford an Entity, I just don't want one. I like the cars I have now. 

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

I can afford an Entity, I just don't want one. I like the cars I have now. 

There are many different super cars to choose from.  If you don't want a custom one you should not be complaining about it not being fair.  Just sayin.

NoMeansYes
  • NoMeansYes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

If the match making wasn't so god awful it would solve just about all the problems. More search options as OP mentioned would be the key.

Fully agree.

daalni
  • daalni

yep, i will stoop as low as you to make my point. suck it.

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:39 PM Edited by daalni, 03 November 2013 - 06:41 PM.

one, some fully modded adders are legit.  i'm so tired of the fact any time someone has something better than the OP (not this OP per se, in general, I mean)  they must have glitched it.  hate to break the news to you all, some people are better at makin' legit money than you are.  deal with it, you're probably a better shot.

two, and to the point.  I do agree to a certain extent, but I think we may be able to correct the issue on our own soon.  we'll be able to make those races where the fastest car won't win against a more skilled driver...  but when everybody is racing out fully modded vehicles anyways (which will happen far sooner than you think) the races will come down to that anyways.  I have a double t that I destroy bati rrs with all the time, for example.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

Yes, but can the Double-T beat the Akuma? What's the acceleration fully-modded?

notgonlie
  • notgonlie

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

Pretty funny how the worst part of gta 4 online racing was backwards drivers. Every race had 1 or 2 that did it and can completely ruin the game. Plenty of easy fixes like ghost cars or being kicked mid game came to mind but there was no hope they would update it in gta 4.

Didn't think twice about them not fixing this problem with gta 5 since its such an obvious problem in gta4 but nope its back and worse than ever. Thank god racing in 5 is trash anyway, and as every said the match making is the icing on the cake. 

I lol'd when i first saw the options slip stream and ALSO catchup. You would think slip stream is a dumb enough feature but nope just through in catchup which half the host forget to turn off anyway and you got yourself a skill less race.

Gta 4 had good racing. Matchmaking was ok, and the driving physics made racing actually work since since when you tried to pit maneuver someone chances are you spin out too. Gta5s physics don't really work as a racing game. When driving is so easy to begin with, being stuck on the ground like a bumper car, and throwing in options like slip stream and catch up leave the game mode requiring no skill to win. 

Matchmaking and navigating around multiplayer really bring down these game modes. GTA4 had a simple online setup. Where all you do is hit back and the list of game modes are right there. Instead of returning to freemode to join a different mode. And don't even get me started on why they left out cops n' crooks.

OA99
  • OA99

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

Hah, yeah, like c*ckstar are going to listen to what the fans want! What a ludicrous idea!

HiddenStreet
  • HiddenStreet

Super Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

Any time I host a race, I turn off custom cars and turn off catch up... It's the only way to go! If I'm placed behind, I turbo boost my way to the front.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

Gta 4 had good racing. Matchmaking was ok, and the driving physics made racing actually work since since when you tried to pit maneuver someone chances are you spin out too. Gta5s physics don't really work as a racing game. When driving is so easy to begin with, being stuck on the ground like a bumper car, and throwing in options like slip stream and catch up leave the game mode requiring no skill to win. 

I love GTA 4 racing.. But I think you have no clue WTF you are talking about..

Turn off catch up to solve the noob race problem.

But saying the driving is easy and takes no skill means you can win races with your eyes closed..  lol.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

Any time I host a race, I turn off custom cars... It's the only way to go! .

Well, it does make me 'go away" when I see no custom. 

Real racers use custom cars because they can.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

Any time I host a race, I turn off custom cars and turn off catch up... It's the only way to go! If I'm placed behind, I turbo boost my way to the front.

Turbo boost? What's that and how do you do it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users