Photo

PS3 empty servers help!

9 replies to this topic
TheDonutEater35
  • TheDonutEater35

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

Ok so I tried finding a new session I always end up by my self or with 2 other dudes. Like 10 min ago everything was all fine no empty servers but I wanted to play SP a little then I went back to online and I always end up in an empty server. I tried races, death matches, basically everything and i still end up alone. I live in Europe if that makes any difference

Suntu Ieu
  • Suntu Ieu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

Im not expert for PS3 but on X360 you have to open some ports.  Iv had also some issues and i opened up some ports on X360 and the problems are gone for me.

Vlemert
  • Vlemert

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:56 PM Edited by Vlemert, 03 November 2013 - 06:57 PM.

I can't go online at the moment, cloud servers are said to be down.
Don't know if the retry and continue buttons can still delete your character so I'm kind of scared to click those...
Ps3 in Europe btw.

Suntu Ieu
  • Suntu Ieu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:24 PM

Dude you have to open some ports in your router.

TheDroboman
  • TheDroboman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:03 AM Edited by TheDroboman, 04 November 2013 - 09:03 AM.

Go to your PS3 network settings. Change your  primary DNS to 8 8 8 8 and your  secondary DNS to 8 8 4 4. I had the same problem and would occasionally drop out as well, but since I did this its working pretty great ...(courtesy : TotalNoob)  works for me. Now i find a lot of players playing with me right from the moment i fire up gta online..

EaGLe_EyEs_UK
  • EaGLe_EyEs_UK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

I had the same problem (PS3), I already had ports open and was working last week but yesterday and today I was the only one in a session even after Finding New Session.

I changed DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and problem fixed.

Google's DNS is a lot faster than my ISP's.

giftedgenius
  • giftedgenius

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:08 PM

This is honestly the most retarded thing ever, The other day I was completely 100% playing this game fine, didnt have to open ports or change DNS, didnt have do sh*t just turn the game on and there you have it on. But now you gotta start doing this sh*t just to play they game? Fix your sh*t rockstar, seriously.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

DNS isnt a rock* issue so much as your ISP,,, if their DNS fails then your game will cock up....

if the cloud servers are down then its a rockstar issue, but DNS wont change that no matter who's you use (i work for an ISP so i know this kinda stuff)

you might find google DNS are pretty good tho, some isps have DNS failures due to hardware failure... google have such big data farms this doesnt happen as you jsut switch to a new farm and dont ever notice the change over (as your DNS settings stay the same and its pretty amn seamless)

Sarcasm83
  • Sarcasm83

5EXY Commissioner

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:44 PM Edited by Sarcasm83, 04 November 2013 - 11:46 PM.

I hadn't been able to play the game decently at all until yesterday, when I changed SPI firewall protection from "LOW" to "DISABLED" in my router's settings.

Before that I had done every single piece of advice I found... Static IP for PS3, opened the ports, set up a DMZ, even tried the ridiculous "try google's dns servers" thing but nothing worked.. just empty sessions or kicks when I finally meet players.

After changing that setting yesterday, I immediately joined a full session, always returned to a full session successfully after a mission and didn't get kicked once. Huge improvement. 

Yesterday was really the first time I got to play the game decently. 

Dunno if that helps for other people but that's definately what fixed it for me. 

Edit: Oh and don't go removing firewall protection from your router, unless you know you have your PC covered with a software firewall of sorts etc... So read up before you try this if you're worried about security etc...

CunoVonRembold
  • CunoVonRembold

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:13 AM

Is possible to change DNS manually if connected via wifi?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users