Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Global Royal Bloodline Conspiracy (and a troll)

210 replies to this topic
Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • France

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:26 AM

All of these things are being slowly adjusted to fit the eyes of stupid people:

-Music (dubstep, twerking, computer-assisted sounds/voices)
-Movies
-Television advertisements
-Television shows (uncle grandpa, the new CGI thomas the tank engine sh*t)
-Books
-Videogames (call of duty, battlefield, grand theft auto)
-Magazines
-Billboards
-Clothing (hipster attire)

Am I the only one who is noticing this?

It just seems like all modern-day things are just getting more awful and idiocy-oriented. 

I think it's about goddamn time they've allowed lunatics in mental aslyums to use the goddamn internet..

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:17 AM

So the things that this modern period has to offer you are complaining are for idiots? Does it really matter to you how this generation is degrading just because of the things you see today are impediment to the style you have in the past?

Mockage
  • Mockage

Fljótavík

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:49 AM

Also, in relation to what you have previously stated, I am not a hypocrite. I am the farthest thing from a hypocrite. 

Lastly, I'm not doing this to be "cool" or "edgy". I'm doing it, because I have the freedom to express my opinions.

Want to try again?

which is incredibly strange given that you've decided that you've decided that it's sensible to try and arbitrarily determine how intelligent people are based on their dress 
There's no f*cking way you're an adult based on your contributions in this thread.

Hypocrite alert!

You think that I shouldn't judge intelligence based on clothing, and yet you are assuming I'm a child based on how "stupid" I am. (I'm not really stupid; you just disagree with me)
Either way, even if that was true (which it isn't), you're still a really stupid kid.

Most people who call someone a "kid" are usually children themselves.

You are only proving your hypocrisy even further.

Now you're generalizing like an idiot.

Y'know, if you really wanna have a proper argument (with anyone for that matter), the first step is to admitting that you're the only hypocrite here.

The second step is to inform yourself about the concept of logic, because you're not making very logical decisions right now.

And I scrap the part where I called you a kid. You're a lone geezer stuck in the past with some animated choo choo train. You whine about how dumb this generation is simply due to the fact that you can't accept the evolvement of society in regards to social media and pop culture.

Guess what? You're gonna have to, just like the rest of us are. Now shut up and go do something else.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:53 AM Edited by AceKingston, 04 November 2013 - 02:54 AM.

-Stupid people (me)

-afk43ver (me)

-Hypocrites (me)

-afk4ever (me)

-Trolls on the internet (me)

-afk4ever (me)

-Attention seeker on the internet (me)

-afk43ver (me)

-Dumbasses (me)

It just seems like all modern-day things are just getting more awful and idiocy-oriented. 

Fixed.

• Ermac. likes this

Hecate
  • Hecate

I am for the air.

• NATO
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:04 AM

I'm not a thirtysomething moping about CGI Thomas the Tank Engine, I'm a thirtysomething ranting about how stupid this generation of children is, and the stupidity of the shows they watch.

Yeah that's much better

• Max likes this

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:12 AM

-Stupid people (me)

-afk43ver (me)

-Hypocrites (me)

-afk4ever (me)

-Trolls on the internet (me)

-afk4ever (me)

-Attention seeker on the internet (me)

-afk43ver (me)

-Dumbasses (me)

Fixed.

Very well said mate. :D

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:48 AM

I'm not really stupid.

right.

and I'm not really a racist. one of my best friends is a black.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:19 AM

OP I don't think you can have a better, much proper form of argument around here, simply because you are stating the illogical sense of your mind into something you don't care less about. Also I have to agree with both @sivispacem and @Christian, your facts and opinions don't really count as part of your matter.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Faceless, Nameless, Endless War

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:34 AM

Also, in relation to what you have previously stated, I am not a hypocrite. I am the farthest thing from a hypocrite. 

Lastly, I'm not doing this to be "cool" or "edgy". I'm doing it, because I have the freedom to express my opinions.

Want to try again?

which is incredibly strange given that you've decided that you've decided that it's sensible to try and arbitrarily determine how intelligent people are based on their dress 

There's no f*cking way you're an adult based on your contributions in this thread.

Hypocrite alert!

You think that I shouldn't judge intelligence based on clothing, and yet you are assuming I'm a child based on how "stupid" I am. (I'm not really stupid; you just disagree with me)

How is it hypocritical to judge someone's intelligence based on how intelligent they appear, and to estimate their age based on the maturity and composure of their comments? That's just common sense.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:47 AM

Jesus Christ yes! Everything just seems to be getting more and more sh*tty...

Mainstream music, television shows, movies, the fads shoved down kid's throats through 'music' channels.. I can't even bare to watch television anymore because all the sitcoms are just so f*cking stupid. Predictable punchlines, the same rehashed ideas over and over.. It's all being produced with the idea of making money in mind, not about making art or anything of any actual value.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

The Business

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:44 AM

TV was always about profit, the only thing that did change is their approach.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:53 AM

I'm not really stupid; you just disagree with me

Your opinions are stupid because they are not based in fact or research. You noticed some patterns and then you generalized the whole thing, that everything is bad. If you can't support your opinions with evidence they aren't worth sh*t.

It's all being produced with the idea of making money in mind, not about making art or anything of any actual value.

all

No.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

Your opinions are stupid because they are not based in fact or research. You noticed some patterns and then you generalized the whole thing, that everything is bad. If you can't support your opinions with evidence they aren't worth sh*t.

It's all being produced with the idea of making money in mind, not about making art or anything of any actual value.

all

No.

Can you name one TV station, aside from PBS, that makes no profit, or if they do, they give all of it away?

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:14 AM

I can't believe someone can make it to thirty and not grasp the concept that people like different things and that that's okay.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

Well, music is at an all time low in quality. I disagree though with TV shows, there have been a lot of shows like Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones that have been really good and had well written plots. 

Melchior
  • Melchior

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:28 AM Edited by Melchior, 04 November 2013 - 10:39 AM.

Tell me, what objective harm to "hipsters" as an ill-defined cultural phenomenon do that would have you see them exterminated?

Cultural appropriation.They wear faux-vintage clothes, pretending they shop at second hand shops, in order to emulate working class rock musicians. Despite being exceeding rich, privileged kids. They also create and listen to sh*tty, overly formulaic music which tarnishes the name of the music they are emulating

However, I doubt the majority of the population know anything about that, so they're probably just trying to be edgy.

Also, for what it's worth, the term is pretty strictly defined as: wealthy kids who masquerade as bohemian without doing or thinking anything particularly counter-cultural. 

Anyways, as for the actual topic, he's right that our mainstream culture is very shallow and unengaging. This is mainly because most entertainment comes from large corporations who have very little interest (on an institutional rather than individual level) of producing things of any real worth, instead opting to mass-produce media for profit. We also have a very "busy" culture and most people don't want to dedicate the time or effort to seek out anything good, instead just watching/reading/listening whatever is put in front of them. No idea what that has to do with Thomas the Tank engine switching to CGI, though.

And as for the "don't judge other peoples' tastes!" responses: it's not a matter of taste if people never seek out any alternatives and there's a systematic, institutional process by which people are lead to consume something. I mean c'mon, nobody listens to bubble gum pop or watches pop-corn flicks because that's where their taste happens to lie and they made a rational, informed decision to favour such things. They do it because they're too busy, apathetic or brainwashed to bother with anything else.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

Well, music is at an all time low in quality.

No it f*cking isn't, modern music is amazing, you're just too thick headed and apparently willfully ignorant to look past pre-concieved stigmas about modern music and form your own opinion.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:22 AM

Well, music is at an all time low in quality.

No it f*cking isn't, modern music is amazing, you're just too thick headed and apparently willfully ignorant to look past pre-concieved stigmas about modern music and form your own opinion.

No you are just a rude hothead who acts like a whiny dumbass whenever someone voices an opinion you dislike, seriously grow up.

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

And as for the "don't judge other peoples' tastes!" responses: it's not a matter of taste if people never seek out any alternatives and there's a systematic, institutional process by which people are lead to consume something. I mean c'mon, nobody listens to bubble gum pop or watches pop-corn flicks because that's where their taste happens to lie and they made a rational, informed decision to favour such things. They do it because they're too busy, apathetic or brainwashed to bother with anything else.

Gonna call bullsh*t on this. I'd consider myself quite a film buff, but would easily say I enjoyed something like Pacific Rim over artsy esoteric works like Upstream Color. It's also possible to love pop music while loving other less well known artists. sh*t, I'm not a music aficionado by any means but just this week I've listened to new albums by Lady Gaga and M.I.A and loved them both equally.

Just because something is produced to appeal to a large amount of people, and is presented to at the forefront of culture doesn't mean it's of low quality.

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 likes this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:30 AM

Gonna call bullsh*t on this. I'd consider myself quite a film buff, but would easily say I enjoyed something like Pacific Rim over artsy esoteric works like Upstream Color. It's also possible to love pop music while loving other less well known artists. sh*t, I'm not a music aficionado by any means but just this week I've listened to new albums by Lady Gaga and M.I.A and loved them both equally.

Just because something is produced to appeal to a large amount of people, and is presented to at the forefront of culture doesn't mean it's of low quality.

I agree with you. Mainstream doesn't necessarily mean bad.

Melchior
  • Melchior

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:33 AM

At no point did I say that all mainstream music and film was sh*t. I simply outlined the reasons why the overwhelming majority is sh*t, and why it is consumed disproportionately by the populace, regardless of quality.

Further, works don't have to be artsy or esoteric in order to have depth. I don't judge a film's worth by how inaccessible it is to the common man, I judge it by the quality of the plot and themes (and humour, if applicable). If you think all independent cinema is artsy, incomprehensible crap that needs to get the point already, then I must call bullsh*t on your claim to be a film buff, sir.

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

At no point did I say that all mainstream music and film was sh*t. I simply outlined the reasons why the overwhelming majority is sh*t, and why it is consumed disproportionately by the populace, regardless of quality.

Further, works don't have to be artsy or esoteric in order to have depth. I don't judge a film's worth by how inaccessible it is to the common man, I judge it by the quality of the plot and themes (and humour, if applicable). If you think all independent cinema is artsy, incomprehensible crap that needs to get the point already, then I must call bullsh*t on your claim to be a film buff, sir.

Okay you didn't say mainstream works were bad, but you did say that nobody chooses popcorn flicks or bubblegum pop because their taste lies there, only because that's what was there for them. I made the assertation that I (like to think that I) have a wider view of those worlds but still go back to popcorn and bubblegum because my taste does in fact lie there sometimes.

And I didn't mean to imply that all independent cinema is inaccessible. I specifically chose Upstream Color as my example because it's extremely artsy and out there because of how awkward and pretentious its presentation is.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

all

No.

Can you name one TV station, aside from PBS, that makes no profit, or if they do, they give all of it away?

Your question has nothing to do with what was being discussed. Read his whole statement. I know enough good TV shows that were made recently.

Melchior
  • Melchior

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:51 PM

Okay you didn't say mainstream works were bad, but you did say that nobody chooses popcorn flicks or bubblegum pop because their taste lies there, only because that's what was there for them. I made the assertation that I (like to think that I) have a wider view of those worlds but still go back to popcorn and bubblegum because my taste does in fact lie there sometimes.

How does that refute what I said, though? Yes I consume mainstream media as well, but the people who consume it disproportionately don't do so because of their taste.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

all

No.

...Yeeah, pretty much in a nutshell. Sure every now and then something of value comes along but it's a very rare thing to happen and you can see the rarity in how overhyped people become with them. 

When I watch T.V. and listen to mainstream lyrics a lot of the time I'm finishing the lines in my head just because everything's become so damn predictable.

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

Well actually we are at the peak of human achievement in virtually every field and have the necessary resources and stability to continue producing work that is culturally and scientifically groundbreaking. 

The perception of modern, mainstream culture as more intellectually stunted and shallow than in previous generations is based on the false assumption that what we know of previous cultural excellence is representative of mainstream culture of the time, it gives the impression that the world was previously a more intellectual inquisitive place.

For example, during the Italian Renaissance, the works of Michelangelo, the writings of Boccaccio, Petrarch, Bruni etc. were only consumed by the elite. The vast majority of the population's cultural exposure was in the form of dog fights, bawdy songs,drinking and Religious sermons. The majority of people were less intellectually inquisitive than they are today, at least today nearly 100% of people can read. The great work of previous generations survives, but the cultural dross is forgotten, or adapted progressively into modern forms. Mainstream has always been shallow and unengaging, you're just aware of its short comings because you experience it first hand.

• Hecate and na89340qv0n34b09q340 like this

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

-Music (dubstep, twerking, computer-assisted sounds/voices)

-Movies

-Television advertisements

-Television shows (uncle grandpa, the new CGI thomas the tank engine sh*t)

-Books

-Videogames (call of duty, battlefield, grand theft auto)

-Magazines

-Billboards

-Clothing (hipster attire)

You're wrong. Explaining why would be an insult to the use of my keyboard. Society is no better or worse/smarter or stupider than it has ever been.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

[...] The vast majority of the population's cultural exposure was in the form of dog fights, bawdy songs,drinking and Religious sermons. The majority of people were less intellectually inquisitive than they are today, at least today nearly 100% of people can read. [...]

The Church didn't want the people to read, as people would 'think and discuss' the bible unguided by dogma (funny thing is they were right).

As for the rest it still exists today, unchanged.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

Lord Protector

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

Holy sh*t, this dude is in his 30s? This is the topic of a moody 15 year old.

Jeone
  • Jeone

question authority

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

I've stared to notice this two

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users