Quantcast

» «
Photo

Suspension and turbo on off road vehicle?

9 replies to this topic
METALPUNK
  • METALPUNK

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

I've been testing a ton of off road vehicles to find the best one and decided the bf injection is the best or now. I'm sure that's change when we get the beach bum pack with the dune buggy in it.

Anyway I was upgrading and wanted to know how suspension and turbo effects off road. So suspension lowers the vehicle when fully upgrade. Lowering the vehicle makes the you turn better/sharper. For off road why does that matter? Would it be better to have the vehicle higher? Then there's turbo. By putting turbo on my injector I feel it'll be too much power which would cause me to just kick up dirt more often. Everyone knows when off roading you want to be in a low gear. Turbo I think would not be good off road.

Edit:now that I think about transmission may not be great to upgrade for off-road. Please people help me figure this out. Currently I'm running tests to see which works best, I just want your opinion based on experience.

The Law
  • The Law

Collector

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

I wouldn't. For offroading you need that suspension and lift to go over rocks n sh*t. If you lower it you'll just scrape the hell out of everything

Turbo and everything else is fine, don't see why it would effect offroading

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

I wouldn't. For offroading you need that suspension and lift to go over rocks n sh*t. If you lower it you'll just scrape the hell out of everything

Turbo and everything else is fine, don't see why it would effect offroading

He's right about wanting a lower gear. IRL a lower size gear will mean more torque at the bottom end of the throttle. But in this game with a trigger it doesn't really matter

I do turbo on my offroad for the extra boost when I need it; but then just be good at throttling when going uphill as it will cause your tires to break loose more often unless your careful

Halver7
  • Halver7

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:26 PM Edited by Halver7, 03 November 2013 - 04:27 PM.

BF Injection is the best for off roading imo. Its quick, nimble, agile and climbs steep slopes easy. Flips / spins / stunts are great in this vehicle.

Get a turbo. The extra power is worth it. Dont just push the trigger all the way from starting position offroad all that power will just make you wheel spin. Push in 3/4 for a couple seconds before flooring it, just like you would do in a real car to avoid wheel spins.

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

BF Injection is the best for off roading imo. Its quick, nimble, agile and climbs steep slopes easy. Flips / spins / stunts are great in this vehicle.

Get a turbo. The extra power is worth it. Dont just push the trigger all the way from starting position offroad all that power will just make you wheel spin. Push in 3/4 for a couple seconds before flooring it, just like you would do in a real car to avoid wheel spins.

Why does everyone think think the Bf is the best? Personally I keep the Merryweather jeep for offroading. Lots of ground clearance and looks like a beast. (even though everyone and their mother has it)

I find it challenging to get up lots of stuff which actually improves my 4x4 experience lol. The harder the hill = the more fun I have :lol:

The Law
  • The Law

Collector

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:38 PM

Why does everyone think think the Bf is the best? Personally I keep the Merryweather jeep for offroading. Lots of ground clearance and looks like a beast. (even though everyone and their mother has it)

I find it challenging to get up lots of stuff which actually improves my 4x4 experience lol. The harder the hill = the more fun I have :lol:

the Mesa flips like a bitch.

It all comes down to personal preference and way you offroad.

I stick with a Rebel. Might start using a Bobcat if I find the damn thing.

KaptainMyke
  • KaptainMyke

^^ PSN ^^

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

Rancher XL is best for offroading, fully maxed out, with a stock suspension.  If you can't get traction going up a wall, just feather the trigger button and barely gas it, and you will climb steadily all day long with no problems.  Love it!

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

I've been testing a ton of off road vehicles to find the best one and decided the bf injection is the best or now. I'm sure that's change when we get the beach bum pack with the dune buggy in it.

Anyway I was upgrading and wanted to know how suspension and turbo effects off road. So suspension lowers the vehicle when fully upgrade. Lowering the vehicle makes the you turn better/sharper. For off road why does that matter? Would it be better to have the vehicle higher? Then there's turbo. By putting turbo on my injector I feel it'll be too much power which would cause me to just kick up dirt more often. Everyone knows when off roading you want to be in a low gear. Turbo I think would not be good off road.

Edit:now that I think about transmission may not be great to upgrade for off-road. Please people help me figure this out. Currently I'm running tests to see which works best, I just want your opinion based on experience.

Turbos wont make you kick up dirt from a stand still and wont cause any problems for low range gears.. the turbo needs to spool up before it will give any power benefits and when you're in a low range gear thats not going to happen is it haha

coelacanth72
  • coelacanth72

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:04 PM

It deffinitely helps for racing where you don't need clearance anyway, you deffinitely turn tighter and are less tippy. It's kinda bass ackwards from real physics. In free-roam I wouldn't do it though, you wanna be able to climb over stuff. I have an injection (lowered) for racing and I think I'm gonna get a Sandking/Rebel (stock suspension) for free-roam.

I3AZZAI2
  • I3AZZAI2

Row Row Fight The Powah!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:10 PM Edited by I3AZZAI2, 27 February 2014 - 07:10 PM.

I still stand. If you're really serious about doing some offroad crawling, the Sandkings are your best choice for an offroad car.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users