skateboarding should only be available for franklin

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Secretly a GTA IV fanboy

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:59 AM

-anyone who has played GTA SA/GTA4 on pc and have modded it with cleo mods, data mods, and ing mods know that GTASA especially had no limitations. My question is, is rockstar aware of this ??? because if they did, they should have all those features in this game seeing that it was easy in SA (2004)... so why is it 'GTA5' can't get these feature in SP and MP

I stopped reading after this point. You have no idea how modding works and how 'limits' work.

your right but hear me out. stop defending rockstar man. i played with cleo mods. yeah i fukked up my gta many times but it still was more fun than this sh*t...

Oh my god, do you STILL not get it?

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:04 AM

I got burnt out on 5 fast. I had no where near as much fun as I did with San Andreas.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:11 AM Edited by bicycles?, 05 November 2013 - 05:14 AM.

With how much nice detail they put into the appearance of the bicycles (and every other vehicle, but I'm focusing on the bmx) I just can't believe how they didn't put any effort into improving the controls or adding actual tricks

10+ years and the BMX controls are still terrible

Shortly after gta3 came out, rockstar sponsored an actual bmx team, with actual pro riders.  They had their logo in a lot of the bike ads, and even big logos over riding pictures on the back covers of magazines.

Me and my riding friends were psyched at the idea of such a fun open world game, with violence and cars and all that, with bikes in it.

Then San Andreas came out and the bikes were cool to look at and you could do some cool stuff, but the controls were awful, and there weren't any actual tricks besides wheelies/stoppies and spins. There are lots of cool videos of bike stunts, but most of it is super unrealistic, and it takes a lot of skill to actually do the few good, realistic things.

Later, I bought gta4 specifically thinking it would have bikes in it, and since it was on a new generation of systems, that the controls would be better. But there were no bikes...

And then I bought gta5, after seeing the beautiful, detailed bikes in the trailers.  Except the controls are still just as bad/limited, and now we've got the added feature of dying super easily/unrealistically, even if you have full body armor.

http://bmx.transworl...-jimmy-buchans/

Feb 7 2002

Sponsors: Kink Bike Co., Odyssey, Aera, hanger94.com, Innes Clothing, Rockstar Games

What is rockstar games? It’s a video game company that sponsors Kink. They put out games like Grand Theft Auto3, Max Payne, and Smugglers Run. We all got Playstation2′s and I’m so psyched. I can’t stop playing it.

http://bmx.transworl...tups-rob-tibbs/

Dec 13 2004

Sponsors: Kink, Rockstar Games, OBMX.com, Demon Seed Clothing, Duffs, Odyssey

they put a few of these out for a contest/promo around 2006 or so

2jdhy5x.jpg

35bwc3p.jpg

http://bmx.transworl...ovember-6-2007/

Nov 6 2007

Chris’ current sponsors are:
Kink Bike Co., Demolition Parts, DC Shoes, Duo, Rockstar Games, Square One, Pro Tec, and Bicycle Union.

How is it possible that they paid so little attention to fan input, even through years of sponsoring/advertising to/begging from a specific crowd?

I guess the same way you'd explain the driving/vehicle damage issues and other "mistakes" and "overlooked" basic details...

It blows my mind that people still defend this company so fiercely.

Seriously, just watch any video you can find of bmxing in the game. Look at how retarded the "grinds" are, and how unrealistic everything else looks, and how shoddy/floaty/slidey the animations are.

It's 2013. I understand gta isn't a bike game, but this is just horsesh*t, and the same complaints can be aimed at a lot of other aspects of the game. the helicopter/plane controls, the lack of vehicle body damage, the lack of gore, not being able to jump at/grab ledges or even crouch...

Dissappointed is an understatement, I'm ashamed of myself for standing in line for this. We're seriously the butt of some snarky corporate joke rockstar's making.

• pilscy likes this

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:32 AM

Most people had some expectations that were not met

• pilscy likes this

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:56 AM Edited by SmoothGTA, 05 November 2013 - 05:58 AM.

I think the key word is expectations.

It's really easy to get disappointed or feel let down by the reality of something, after its been built up to be the greatest thing ever, in an individual's mind. That goes for pretty much anything in life.

That being said, of course we are all here for GTA. We wouldn't be be interacting with each other on this forum if GTA was a horsesh*t product.

I personally hate it when I'm playing and I wonder 'Can I go in abc/do xyz' and I can't do that thing I imagined. I wanted to throw vehicles off the trailer of that car dealership 18 wheeler. Like in Bad Boys 2.

Ain't happening.

But theres a lot I like and I play it for what it is, not what I expected it to be.

'
  • pilscy likes this

awxb
  • awxb

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:51 AM Edited by awxb, 05 November 2013 - 06:54 AM.

Sure the game has its flaws, but to expect everything from surfing to I don't know what ... that's expecting too much.

No romance? You can take your wife out, have a secret affair with strippers, visit hookers. Not good enough?

No pool? Thank god. That physics in 4 were such a disaster it make the online flash pools look like a simulation.

San Fierro and Las Venture could of easily been added on to this map? Sure, but how would that work online with 16 players? The cities would be empty with only a few players being in each city and others cruising around the countryside.

No crouch? Do we really need this? Cover system works well this time, unlike in 4, making the crouch quite unnecessary.

We should be able to sit down anywhere online and in SP? I never understood what's the point of this wish. I'm playing a game, why the hell would I want to sit down and do nothing?

And fishermen are there. Canyons are full of them on sunny days.

I think you're simply trolling or you're just ignorant. There is so much stuff in this game and you can't get everything in the game in 5 years. Check IGN's 100 Little Things in GTA 5 That Will Blow Your Mind. I think you'll be surprised how many mindblowing details are there.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

The problem here isn't with expectations, but with the announced content. They've talked about buying apartments in SINGLE PLAYER, they've shown numerous scenes in which you could see a skimmer flying around, and somehow managed to convince previewers to talk about the massive amount of interiors.... that are clearly cut from the final product.

Do I have to mention the dumbed down, combat system? Or the simple fact that the story is inconsistent?

• pilscy likes this

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:08 PM

Sure the game has its flaws, but to expect everything from surfing to I don't know what ... that's expecting too much.

No romance? You can take your wife out, have a secret affair with strippers, visit hookers. Not good enough?

No pool? Thank god. That physics in 4 were such a disaster it make the online flash pools look like a simulation.

San Fierro and Las Venture could of easily been added on to this map? Sure, but how would that work online with 16 players? The cities would be empty with only a few players being in each city and others cruising around the countryside.

No crouch? Do we really need this? Cover system works well this time, unlike in 4, making the crouch quite unnecessary.

We should be able to sit down anywhere online and in SP? I never understood what's the point of this wish. I'm playing a game, why the hell would I want to sit down and do nothing?

I think you're simply trolling or you're just ignorant. There is so much stuff in this game and you can't get everything in the game in 5 years. Check IGN's 100 Little Things in GTA 5 That Will Blow Your Mind. I think you'll be surprised how many mindblowing details are there.

Please state the "stuff in this game" so i can start playing it agai,, fckkin fanboy

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

The problem with those features is that they are not directly interactive for the player. I mean.. yes, they are showing off with fishermen, and stuff, but does that change the gameplay in any ways? Think about it. BTW, paying for prostitutes is as old as GTA III is. It is a core gameplay element of GTA.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

-when they said heist, i was thinking is was available to do at anytime (we should be able to start planing one whenever/where ever we are on the game... should be able to call up people and meet up with them to plan it - SP) [havnt done one online yet!!]

They never said we could do heists at any point in time. They said the main story revolved around Heists. 

-San Feirro and Las Venturas could of easily been added on to this map (can't remember where i saw it but someone mad a map with those two included and it made me angry to see how lazy rockstar is)

Because it is very simple and not at all a lot of work to make a map this size with this much detail. Obviously the fact they didn't add two other unnecessary cities and pad the story out to include them means they are simply lazy..

-all this construction going on around the city....  i hope the map//parts changes.

Why? GTA III had construction. The building never finished. GTA VC had construction. The building never finished. GTA SA had construction. The building never finished. GTA IV had construction and it never finished. Where in this lineup did you get the idea that the map would change? 

- no property (houses, condos, appts) purchase in SP ????

Since they have safehouses in Online I definitely think they should have had them in SP.

-all these houses for sale--- calling nd trying to buy them are pointless.

You covered this. Try to stick to one point at a time and not drag this out pointlessly. 

-no romance still... Michael just has a boring wife who'll dildo herself before she let his smash

The story was about a family falling apart. No sh*t Michael's wife didn't want him. Did you expect the return of Hot Coffee or something? 

I do think Franklin should have been able to date though.His mostly off-screen one-sided love interest was poorly done. 

-no pets online. haven't seen them yet at least

They most likely took out pets to keep online running as smooth as possible. The only pet we get in SP is Chop anyway, so it's not like it's a huge loss.

-multiple tattoos online. ... u can't do it on sp but not online 

You know what? With all the stuff Online gets over SP, I'll gladly keep that as it is. 

-jewlery online? (i did this with SA mods as well.. why it aint in this game)

Because Mods are not the full game and you shouldn't compare them to a full game, idiot? 

-no train system

There is a train system. You just can't drive it. 

-no bus system

There are tour buses you can ride.

-no skatebord.?? but many skate parks???

GTA has never had skateboards. Back when Vice CIty came out I thought we'd be able to roller-blade due to the NPC who could. it'd be nice but it's not necessary. 

-no surfboard... but waves???

Because the only reason waves exist is to surf.  :sarcasm:

-no dolphins, whales??

We had dolphins in SA. People wanted sharks. We have sharks in V and now you want dolphins. Make up your damn mind. Also whales would be a huge waste of resources. 

-where the fishermen at??? haven't seen them yet

I don't remember fisherman in GTA SA either. Maybe you modded them in? 

-no business system [gta vas - vic vance]

They have a business system. Unfortunately it sucks. 

-no pool mini game.

I think they should have kept it too.

-interaction with pecs online is a fail.

I'm unsure what you even mean by this. Then again, I don't run around shirtless online. 

-online player walk??  why is everyone so similar man.... its like a identity online don't exist.. everyone look generic

That's because John Marston fathered millions of children. 

-Duffle bags ... where are these in the game. (pretty sure i saw this in SP)

I don't know, but I don't see the use for them outside of a mission. We don't have an inventory. 

-Theres no GANG WARS still....

SHUT THE f*ck UP ABOUT GANG WARS ALREADY! WE'RE NOT PLAYING GTA SA! FRANKLIN'S STORY IS ABOUT HIM GETTING OUT OF THAT BULLsh*t NOT DRAGGING HIMSELF DEEPER IN! Every idiot who can't let go of GTA SA makes this f*cking complaint! Ugh. 

-not enough pay and sprays

Now you're just bullsh*tting me. 

-no low rider minigame

Which was one of the most boring parts of SA.

-why is there online a limited amount of strippers to deal with??

There is online because Rockstar want to milk us of our money with GTA Cash. There are limited strippers because they knew you, yes you, would be playing.

-theres stealth but no crouch???? but roll..... ok

Crouching was alright but I can't really think of a time it was used for anything other than really trying to stealth and failing. I'd like it to come back, but I found myself not really missing it.

-POLICE AI NEEDS TO FIX.... i want to be a lot to shoot to people around this block.. leave with no stars ... and continue with no stars... instead of magical police officers showing up.. ahead of me most of the time

So you want no police response whatsoever? Great! From one extreme to another. 

-not enough INTERIORS (theres this big map, lots, and lots of houses, building etc to walk around but you can't enter none!! [again i achieved this on SA with cleo mods..... yeah GTA SA]

Mods are not the same thing as actual game design. You don't have to worry about f*cking up the entire product like game designers do. You have unlimited time to develop the mods. You don't have superiors breathing down your necks. You also don't have to stick to the vision of the game that the team is working towards and can add whatever you want. There is a huge difference. 

I want more interiors, but at least I know how difficult it can be to make them. 

-fix the health system online? My health says 40/100 or 60/100 and it still feels like 20 . buying amor doesn't help you worth sqat. (when you have COD players scoping and hoping for you to run towards them.. just so they could snipe you.)

I want the health system fixed, but I only really care about SP. 

-no weight online nor SP (everyone is built the same)

Because GTA = Exercise Simulator.  

-lacking personal appearance detail (everyone looks he same)

You said everyone looks the same already three times now. Get over it. 

-we should be able to sit down anywhere online and in SP

Just... someone shoot me, it's this damn complaint again.

-the bong lasts for 5 seconds

Okay.

-alcohol lasts for 2

You could always turn on the alcohol cheat. They kinda ruined being drunk though. 

-police still kill me first instead of trying to arrest me ... (guess its based of the new America)

Police always escalated in GTA from trying to arrest you to trying to kill you. It just happens quicker now. 

-what to do after your car/Cars is fully tuned up

Drive the car. 

- no bars

Stop using AT&T.

- no clubs

Go to the golf course. There are plenty there.

AND THIS MY FRIENDS IS THE PRIME EXAPLE OF SOMEONE BEING GTA #1 FAN BOY. ITS LIKE YOUR A f*ckTARD WHO JUST WANTS GTA TO BE THE SAME AS USUAL!! THEY SAID ONLINE WAS DEVELOPING OVERTIME.... PROVE IT. 

THIS BITCH ASSWIPE HAD AN EXCUSE FOR EVERY POINT I STATED. ... SOMEONE WANTS A JOB AT COCKSTAR I SEE....
He was just contributing to the topic mate, relax.
T,he reason why mods can handle well on the PC is because its a PC. Consoles have much more limitations than PC's.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:18 PM

The problem here isn't with expectations, but with the announced content. They've talked about buying apartments in SINGLE PLAYER, they've shown numerous scenes in which you could see a skimmer flying around, and somehow managed to convince previewers to talk about the massive amount of interiors.... that are clearly cut from the final product.

Do I have to mention the dumbed down, combat system? Or the simple fact that the story is inconsistent?

Oh but don't worry, im sure a bunch of f*cktards will come soon enough to let you know that in Online, you can buy safehouses ! :D ... except its not really houses, more like apartements .. that all look the same .. and are only available in the same square mile of Los Santos ... :( well ... it's f*cking garbage.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

Simple Solution:Don't Play this game

Great contribution
Well since OP is so bad and not constructive in anyways this is what I find myself agreeing with,

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

Oh but don't worry, im sure a bunch of f*cktards will come soon enough to let you know that in Online, you can buy safehouses ! :D ... except its not really houses, more like apartements .. that all look the same .. and are only available in the same square mile of Los Santos ... :( well ... it's f*cking garbage.

Considering it was announced in the SP gameplay trailer, well.....

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Secretly a GTA IV fanboy

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

Please state the "stuff in this game" so i can start playing it agai,, fckkin fanboy

He just told you where to find it. Is your IQ in the single digits or something? Going by your posts in this thread, I'd say yes.

B1GB0SS
  • B1GB0SS

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

-when they said heist, i was thinking is was available to do at anytime (we should be able to start planing one whenever/where ever we are on the game... should be able to call up people and meet up with them to plan it - SP) [havnt done one online yet!!]

They never said we could do heists at any point in time. They said the main story revolved around Heists. 

-San Feirro and Las Venturas could of easily been added on to this map (can't remember where i saw it but someone mad a map with those two included and it made me angry to see how lazy rockstar is)

Because it is very simple and not at all a lot of work to make a map this size with this much detail. Obviously the fact they didn't add two other unnecessary cities and pad the story out to include them means they are simply lazy..

-all this construction going on around the city....  i hope the map//parts changes.

Why? GTA III had construction. The building never finished. GTA VC had construction. The building never finished. GTA SA had construction. The building never finished. GTA IV had construction and it never finished. Where in this lineup did you get the idea that the map would change? 

- no property (houses, condos, appts) purchase in SP ????

Since they have safehouses in Online I definitely think they should have had them in SP.

-all these houses for sale--- calling nd trying to buy them are pointless.

You covered this. Try to stick to one point at a time and not drag this out pointlessly. 

-no romance still... Michael just has a boring wife who'll dildo herself before she let his smash

The story was about a family falling apart. No sh*t Michael's wife didn't want him. Did you expect the return of Hot Coffee or something? 

I do think Franklin should have been able to date though.His mostly off-screen one-sided love interest was poorly done. 

-no pets online. haven't seen them yet at least

They most likely took out pets to keep online running as smooth as possible. The only pet we get in SP is Chop anyway, so it's not like it's a huge loss.

-multiple tattoos online. ... u can't do it on sp but not online 

You know what? With all the stuff Online gets over SP, I'll gladly keep that as it is. 

-jewlery online? (i did this with SA mods as well.. why it aint in this game)

Because Mods are not the full game and you shouldn't compare them to a full game, idiot? 

-no train system

There is a train system. You just can't drive it. 

-no bus system

There are tour buses you can ride.

-no skatebord.?? but many skate parks???

GTA has never had skateboards. Back when Vice CIty came out I thought we'd be able to roller-blade due to the NPC who could. it'd be nice but it's not necessary. 

-no surfboard... but waves???

Because the only reason waves exist is to surf.  :sarcasm:

-no dolphins, whales??

We had dolphins in SA. People wanted sharks. We have sharks in V and now you want dolphins. Make up your damn mind. Also whales would be a huge waste of resources. 

-where the fishermen at??? haven't seen them yet

I don't remember fisherman in GTA SA either. Maybe you modded them in? 

-no business system [gta vas - vic vance]

They have a business system. Unfortunately it sucks. 

-no pool mini game.

I think they should have kept it too.

-interaction with pecs online is a fail.

I'm unsure what you even mean by this. Then again, I don't run around shirtless online. 

-online player walk??  why is everyone so similar man.... its like a identity online don't exist.. everyone look generic

That's because John Marston fathered millions of children. 

-Duffle bags ... where are these in the game. (pretty sure i saw this in SP)

I don't know, but I don't see the use for them outside of a mission. We don't have an inventory. 

-Theres no GANG WARS still....

SHUT THE f*ck UP ABOUT GANG WARS ALREADY! WE'RE NOT PLAYING GTA SA! FRANKLIN'S STORY IS ABOUT HIM GETTING OUT OF THAT BULLsh*t NOT DRAGGING HIMSELF DEEPER IN! Every idiot who can't let go of GTA SA makes this f*cking complaint! Ugh. 

-not enough pay and sprays

Now you're just bullsh*tting me. 

-no low rider minigame

Which was one of the most boring parts of SA.

-why is there online a limited amount of strippers to deal with??

There is online because Rockstar want to milk us of our money with GTA Cash. There are limited strippers because they knew you, yes you, would be playing.

-theres stealth but no crouch???? but roll..... ok

Crouching was alright but I can't really think of a time it was used for anything other than really trying to stealth and failing. I'd like it to come back, but I found myself not really missing it.

-POLICE AI NEEDS TO FIX.... i want to be a lot to shoot to people around this block.. leave with no stars ... and continue with no stars... instead of magical police officers showing up.. ahead of me most of the time

So you want no police response whatsoever? Great! From one extreme to another. 

-not enough INTERIORS (theres this big map, lots, and lots of houses, building etc to walk around but you can't enter none!! [again i achieved this on SA with cleo mods..... yeah GTA SA]

Mods are not the same thing as actual game design. You don't have to worry about f*cking up the entire product like game designers do. You have unlimited time to develop the mods. You don't have superiors breathing down your necks. You also don't have to stick to the vision of the game that the team is working towards and can add whatever you want. There is a huge difference. 

I want more interiors, but at least I know how difficult it can be to make them. 

-fix the health system online? My health says 40/100 or 60/100 and it still feels like 20 . buying amor doesn't help you worth sqat. (when you have COD players scoping and hoping for you to run towards them.. just so they could snipe you.)

I want the health system fixed, but I only really care about SP. 

-no weight online nor SP (everyone is built the same)

Because GTA = Exercise Simulator.  

-lacking personal appearance detail (everyone looks he same)

You said everyone looks the same already three times now. Get over it. 

-we should be able to sit down anywhere online and in SP

Just... someone shoot me, it's this damn complaint again.

-the bong lasts for 5 seconds

Okay.

-alcohol lasts for 2

You could always turn on the alcohol cheat. They kinda ruined being drunk though. 

-police still kill me first instead of trying to arrest me ... (guess its based of the new America)

Police always escalated in GTA from trying to arrest you to trying to kill you. It just happens quicker now. 

-what to do after your car/Cars is fully tuned up

Drive the car. 

- no bars

Stop using AT&T.

- no clubs

Go to the golf course. There are plenty there.

Such brilliance, you replied to each and every one of his points in a sophisticated and condescending manner. What an enjoyable read.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users