Photo

Let me understand this about the stock market

9 replies to this topic
MadsHilde
  • MadsHilde

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:15 PM

When I buy stocks from the BAWSAQ It won't work to load the game when my shares starts to drop, because those stocks are kinda real-time controlled.

But with the LCN, that method works. Is that understood right?

TargetPractice
  • TargetPractice

I know what I know

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

When I buy stocks from the BAWSAQ It won't work to load the game when my shares starts to drop, because those stocks are kinda real-time controlled.

But with the LCN, that method works. Is that understood right?

Left! I mean, right.

The LCN is an Offline content, while the BAWSAQ needs an Internet Connection (live feed).

Capisc? :-/

MadsHilde
  • MadsHilde

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

Yes, thank you. One more question, though.

Does the LCN stocks go up and down as time passes by or only when progress in the game, like missions and stuff, gets completed.

I mean, can I buy stocks, sleep a couple of days, and then see changes in the stockvalue?

PineboxFiller
  • PineboxFiller

Liar

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:32 AM

Well it seems both. Stocks will fluctuate small amounts on their own as time passes in game, but certain scripted increases happen that are only triggered by "mission time" I guess you could call it. An example is investing in FlyUS after the mission Legal Trouble. It doesn't matter how long you wait the stock won't recover until you complete Meltdown. 

TargetPractice
  • TargetPractice

I know what I know

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:36 AM

Yes, thank you. One more question, though.

Does the LCN stocks go up and down as time passes by or only when progress in the game, like missions and stuff, gets completed.

I mean, can I buy stocks, sleep a couple of days, and then see changes in the stockvalue?

Yes, it does go up&down ....

You just started the game?

You might want to look at this Mild Spoliler: http://gtaforums.com...spoilers/page-7

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:09 AM

if AUG is low, buy it !!

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:17 AM

You can use a 'double save' with BAWSAQ. When you end a session, save, then sell your stocks and save in a different slot. Next time you play you can pick which save to continue from as protection against losses while sleeplig/working etc. I never bothered though...

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

Yet at least two of the Assassination missions/that one random encounter tell you to invest in companies that appear on the Bawsaq

I did so, as advised, and the stock was down -2% or something.
It started rising, was at like +5, but i had to go out - you know, somepeopl have lives rockstar - so i saved.NExt day i loaded the save and the stock was at -50. So basically, my characters' have lost all their money.
That last heist, the effort in investing, GONE! The Bawsaq is good for investing in ammunation etc as we all use them
But stick to LCN. Double save a lot.

MadsHilde
  • MadsHilde

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

Thanks for sound advices

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

You Wanna Buy Some Death Sticks?

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

LCN seems to be very buggy. The only real time you can use it effectively is

Spoiler
, the effects of which drastically impact stock. Beyond that, I've gone and destroyed every FlyUS plane I can, and their stocks still go up. Blow up every car I can, and BOTH insurance stocks go down. It seems the impact you can have on LCN stocks was overexaggerated. As for BAWSAQ, I haven't invested in them yet. Ammunation seems to be the best bid, since players always need ammo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users