Is GTAO worth it?

8 replies to this topic
WhatThe?
  • WhatThe?

GTA V

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

I play just single player because, of my online experience on Gta IV. So my question is; Is GTAO better than Gta IV? Is there less dicks on it? I'm only asking because, I'm debating whether to get XBL Gold. Kifflom.

TheAzn
  • TheAzn

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:48 AM

I say it's worth it. I didn't play GTA4 that much at all. Played it one day and screwed it.... but all I saw was people shooting each other, thats it. In GTAO, it's a lot more than that. Almost like single player except with other players, sums it all up.

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

General

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:48 AM Edited by AiraCobra, 03 November 2013 - 11:57 AM.

Hahahahahaha no there are MORE on it.

But it's still worth it I didn't play much GTA IV online because of the way it was at least with GTA5O There are missions and a bunch of other stuff you can do besides mindlessly killing each other.

Too bad you didn't play sooner, You're not eligible for the $500,000 R* is giving all Online Players

If you can mamage to do the survival and win all 10 levels you get a nice chunck of change.

GTAO is pretty much like SP it revolves around cash you need cash for almost everything.

WhatThe?
  • WhatThe?

GTA V

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:06 PM

Cheers lads. Kifflom.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

It's a lot better than IV, since it's a lot more than just going into a gamemode lobby.

However, if there aren't other games you're willing to play multiplayer on, buying gold just for GTAO may not be worth it.

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

you know how it is man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

It's good and somewhat addictive but there are a lot of annoying people who kill you even if you're being friendly. Always think ahead.

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

General

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:42 PM

Or stay in Passive Mode but be forewarned they can't kill you with bullets but they can with their car

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

I play just single player because, of my online experience on Gta IV. So my question is; Is GTAO better than Gta IV? Is there less dicks on it? I'm only asking because, I'm debating whether to get XBL Gold. Kifflom.

No it isn't less dicks.. But at least we got bad sport lobbies so most of the biggest dicks get kicked in there.

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

GTAO is very addictive, a lot of fun, and a little frustrating too, as stated earlier.  It's pretty much my first online MMO sandbox game, I always played the SP mode for GTAIV and every other game I ever had, never done any online gaming at all.  

So I too was very leery about GTAO.  Now, 3-4 weeks later,  I play GTAO much more than single player, it's a blast and so addictive.  I never thought that would be the case after reading about others distaste for the online experience, and I'm not in a clan or anything either, pretty much solo when online.  

At times you run into azzholes, but the map is large enough to give people space to roam and many things to do as your character progresses.  Just be ready if anybody wanders into your killzone, the spammers and griefers are out there, but not in the droves seen initially.

Jump online and give it a try.  You'll have a blast!  

DrDetroit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users