Photo

Best Police Chase Vehicles

15 replies to this topic
Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:28 AM Edited by Tritium, 04 November 2013 - 01:11 AM.

I will constantly update this topic with up to date progress in the search for the best (and worst) vehicles for police chases.

1.Canis Mesa:
This SUV is good to go.

Testing done:
I abused this vehicle to the limits twice until it could go no more, what stopped it in both tests? A train...

Mods installed:
Lowered suspension 1
Engine 4
Turbo
Tran 4
Brakes 4
Bulletproof tyres
Mil Spec Steelie
Armour 100%

Overview:
Even after rollovers, falling off cliffs, crashing head on with tractors and vans, driving underwater across deep rivers, crashing HEAD ON at 30mph with a train and being shortened to smart car size, nothing would stop it.
What did, however, was being hit on the rear wheel by a train, which bent it enough to slow to a near crawl.
This is also great for jumps and mountain hopping.

------/------/------/------/

2.Declasee Granger:
FAILED my testing.

Testing done:
Rollovers, falling off cliffs, head on collisions, boulder pushing.

Mods installed:
Armour 100%
Suspension 1
Engine 4
Turbo
Tran 4
Brakes 4
Mil Spec Steelie
Bulletproof tyres

Overview:
After doing some extensive testing and headed towards Fort Zancudo, the testing came to an abrupt end when the front right wheel bent very far.
I proceeded to empty half of a clip into the grille and it set ablaze.
Also can be PIT'ed very easily with bad acceleration leading to you being boxed in and stuck.
Horrible vehicle for anything but non wanted use.
Great climbing, can get up Chiliad without any mods, unlike the Mesa.

3.Mammoth Patriot:
Great for chases!

Testing done:
Head on collision with train and cars, firefights with cops/sheriff SWAT at 4 stars and angry farmers, ramming Police Stinger vans, running up mountains and driving over Crown Vics.

MODS:
Armour 100%
Suspension 4
Engine 4
Turbo
Tran 4
Brakes 4
Mil Spec Steelie
Bulletproof tyres

Overview:
While in a chase spanning the whole desert (tan area) this vehicle kept me alive for a long time while noose was shooting me from sheriff Grangers and Vics were ramming me, with both front wheels bent, I was still able to drive fast and not be stopped, the bonnet fell off and the engine started lightly smoking after a firefight that left thousands of little bullet holes all over.
When I allowed them to PIT me, I recovered immediately and sped away, when they rammed me, I barely had any loss of control.
Nothing was able to stop this Patriot, not even head on collisions with trains while I had it floored!

This is great for chases or practically anything else!
4.Barracks:

Draft for now:
Needs BP tyres and louvres or whatever they are for the windows.

Very powerful, able to ram cars and drive over various terrains with ease.

Very slow, needs turbo.

Overall good vehicle but needs upgrades.
5.Crusader:

Draft for now:

Needs louvres for the windows, needs turbo, armour, and bulletproof tyres.
Fun tough vehicle, I lift it to hard to reach places in my cargobob and then drive it out/down.
Good bullet resistance, ramming power is fair for this vehicle, a good, cheaper, easier to get alternative is the Mesa, which this the Military version is based on.
6.1Karin Rebel Clean:

Draft for now:
Failed!
Wheels bend too easily and rollovers are plentiful.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

6.2Karin Rebel Dirty

Draft for now:
Stock: Failed! Modded: Passed!
Stock: Wheels bend too easily, rollovers are plentiful.
Modded: Passed! Armour at 100% fixed most wheel bending issues and added bullet resistance.
Lowered suspension to "race" fixed the rollover issues.
Added the rear cover thing stopped most bullets from hitting you from the rear.

7.Police Boat:
Too slow, but good for a getaway!

Mods installed:
None.

Testing done:
4 star chase all over the map and Alamo Sea.

Overview:
Bullet resistance is higher than any car on this list.
I was in a 4 star chase being shot at countless times, and the boat protected me from getting hit, also, it took a lot of damage before dying, I was actually so bored of the chase, I decided to blow it up, which still took about 50 minigun rounds to do so...

////////-----////////

8.Karin Sultan:
A TANK!

Mods:
Everything but suspension!

Testing: In Progress

Overview:
Coming soon.

More to come, stay tuned, I own the mod shop so I will constantly be able to upgrade cars in testing.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

Highway + truck w/ trailer = :D

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

Highway + truck w/ trailer = :D

Once you're boxed in, you aren't going anywhere, also this vehicle does exceedingly horribly off any paved surface.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

I've never been boxed in but i don't stop until the truck is done, then i just steal another.

Yep, that's why i said highway.

As for cars, the carbonizzare does the trick for me - after it's tuned.

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

I've never been boxed in but i don't stop until the truck is done, then i just steal another.
Yep, that's why i said highway.

As for cars, the carbonizzare does the trick for me - after it's tuned.

I'm trying to keep it to a single vehicle for a whole chase, if I had to switch a vehicle because mine failed, well, it'd fail the testing.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

My bad.

The truck is my still choice, i'll stop until others join the convo.

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:16 AM

My bad.

The truck is my still choice, i'll stop until others join the convo.

No it's fine, I do love ramming cars like they're nothing, so in that case, I do agree with you, but all discussion is fine so I'm sorry if I wasn't welcoming enough.

Cheers.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:18 AM

Didn't want to fill this up with all my posts, that's all - not aimed at you ;)

PineboxFiller
  • PineboxFiller

Liar

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:31 AM

I'm interested in the Barracks and Crusader from Warstock but as in the thread you answered me in, mine never showed up and I have no idea if anyone's will either.

Duneloader maybe? Rebel? I always have issues with trucks getting axles bent or wheels jammed up a lot easier than they should.

This is a great idea for a thread I must say. Definitely information I've been wanting to know.

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

I'm interested in the Barracks and Crusader from Warstock but as in the thread you answered me in, mine never showed up and I have no idea if anyone's will either.

Duneloader maybe? Rebel? I always have issues with trucks getting axles bent or wheels jammed up a lot easier than they should.

This is a great idea for a thread I must say. Definitely information I've been wanting to know.

Barracks is great for ramming, needs bulletproof tyres however.
Unfortunately there is a rear window which means you get shot very easily.

Does anyone know if people can ride in the back?
Wasn't that the purpose of barracks anyways?

Crusader is a nice car, good bullet resistance, but needs upgradable engine/turbo and tyres.

Maybe even armour too.

Dune loader is a powerful truck, but not quick enough for good chases.

Definitely takes a lot to stop one.

Rebel failed instantly, wheels bend way too easily, you wouldn't last more than a few minutes.

I agree with the "way easier" part.

However we must take this from Rockstar that nobody knows accurate vehicle damage, like how I can slowly drive a police interceptor into a tank and flatten the engine to a pancake...
So that's the purpose of this thread, to review and test all vehicles to see if they will work well or not in chases or even just regular use.

I'll add the Rebel and Barracks as draft for now until I can do better testing.

IHerbert
  • IHerbert

We All Herbert

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

Let the hate rain down upon me, but for some reason I love the Surge when it comes to chases. I like how it's not incredibly fast yet not too slow, the sort of perfect speed that allows me to quickly weave in between cars with Vapid Interceptors right on my tail.

And the sound from its electric motor is very calming. :I

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:51 AM

New vessel on list, now testing boats!

AshMan306
  • AshMan306

Sit down and shut up.

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:45 AM

18 wheeler with tank trailer and sticky bombs. Steal a packer hook up a ron tanker place stick bombs get in chase unhook while on road and make tanker go bang. I done this on 4 stars and it wipe out most of the cops.

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:56 AM

18 wheeler with tank trailer and sticky bombs. Steal a packer hook up a ron tanker place stick bombs get in chase unhook while on road and make tanker go bang. I done this on 4 stars and it wipe out most of the cops.

That's good for rampages but escaping in one is difficult...

PhilWillKill
  • PhilWillKill

Fanatic

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:54 PM Edited by PhilWillKill, 04 November 2013 - 04:54 PM.

That's good for rampages but escaping in one is difficult...

Have you tried a firetruck?  They are usually pretty tough in previous games plus you have the option of using the cannon whether it makes the pursuers lose control or not I don't know.

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

Our UAV is online!

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

Fully-armored and upgraded Obey 9F seems to do VERY well with its tight turning and high top speed. It's good for a getaway vehicle if taking off at top speed and trying to outrun the police is your strategy. And the tight turn radius combined with its smaller size makes it good for weaving through alleyways, which aides the "lay low" approach to evading police as well. Overall though, I must say, the car is only as good as its driver. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users