Quantcast

» «
Photo

So how long do you intend to play GTAO for?

140 replies to this topic
SSSMonkey
  • SSSMonkey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

For as long as I enjoy it.

Miss Manuela 87
  • Miss Manuela 87

GTA 5 is so cool

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

GTA Online is something NEW, so i guess i will play it years over years. 

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:08 PM

For as long as they release interesting content which translates to:

For as long as i enjoy it! :)

It's a constant work in progress that REQUIRES feedback from the players to evolve and grow

[email protected]

And they are planning to implement new content regularly.

willeyj
  • willeyj

54-46

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

For as long as they release interesting content which translates to:

For as long as i enjoy it! :)

It's a constant work in progress that REQUIRES feedback from the players to evolve and grow

[email protected]

And they are planning to implement new content regularly.

I have played other games that required feedback from players...they are games that are in beta development stage. This game feels very much like a beta.

Thant being said I still find fun things to do so as long as that happens I will keep playing.

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

Buddy, I think you're slime.

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

I already got 100% in story mode so I'll be playing gta online until microsoft stops supporting xbox live on 360. Hopefully a few years at least.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

You say it all feels like a beta, yet all the most expensive items have already been unlocked by most of the community it seems. Its kinda dissappointing in that respect.

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

I thought I'll be playing on and off GTA O for at least 2-3 years, and I stopped completly many weeks ago already, boring game, boring players on console, borken mechanics, cloud server mess, lack of updates, lack of desire from R* to make this game work the way it should.

I'll eventually get interested again if they put massive effort in improving the online (and some single player elements too) but for now, this game is 'dead' to me.

How can you expect to broadcast your opinion on previous GTA Online problems if you haven't played it for a few weeks?
Maybe because the previous problems are still the current problems.
Rather than responding with a response that would usually result in an argument give explanations with and without evidence to prove your point; not doing so only deems your argument invalid.

I have no need to do so. I already know what I'm talking about and made my point clearly. If you don't agree or don't understand, that has nothing to do with me.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

I thought I'll be playing on and off GTA O for at least 2-3 years, and I stopped completly many weeks ago already, boring game, boring players on console, borken mechanics, cloud server mess, lack of updates, lack of desire from R* to make this game work the way it should.

I'll eventually get interested again if they put massive effort in improving the online (and some single player elements too) but for now, this game is 'dead' to me.

How can you expect to broadcast your opinion on previous GTA Online problems if you haven't played it for a few weeks?
Maybe because the previous problems are still the current problems.
Rather than responding with a response that would usually result in an argument give explanations with and without evidence to prove your point; not doing so only deems your argument invalid.
I have no need to do so. I already know what I'm talking about and made my point clearly. If you don't agree or don't understand, that has nothing to do with me.
Then you agree your statement is biased, therefore don't try to broadcast it as a fact that everybody should agree with.

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

Wait wait, its not a fact that there are still issues in GTAO that were there from the start? That's what you're saying?

Players aren't still losing character progress?

Players aren't still having their cars disappear?

Players aren't still doing money glitches (as well as other glitches and hacks)?

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

Wait wait, its not a fact that there are still issues in GTAO that were there from the start? That's what you're saying?

Players aren't still doing money glitches (as well as other glitches and hacks)?

Most issues have been resolved, or at least the ones you've stated.

I thought you didn't care what I thought; if that's the case, why are you still bothering to respond?

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

Idk.. until I buy a ps4 maybe.. and its not happening anytime soon. Uncharted 4 and its MP can be a game that I think i will play for months just like UC3. Other than that... idk.

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:42 PM Edited by MysticJon, 14 November 2013 - 11:44 PM.

I thought you didn't care what I thought; if that's the case, why are you still bothering to respond?

I'm just making sure I understood what you were saying, because I got confused. The three things I had stated are still ongoing issues, yet you say they have been resolved. I was trying to be sure that's what you were saying, because it is incorrect. The first two have been improved, but they are still issues and the third has not been addressed at all. And that's just three ongoing issues. There are still some others on top of those three, such as the messed up Bad Sport system and Passive Mode.

SledgeHammer87
  • SledgeHammer87

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

until I reach level 100 and get the achievement. after that i wont play gta until there are heists. im already sick of this game and its stupid players

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

Only Zuul

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:53 PM Edited by Suppa K, 14 November 2013 - 11:56 PM.

Probably for a long time.

I have to at least clocked in like 150+ hours in GTA IV and RDR total, and basically all of that was single player. Then theres GTA V which I already have like 45-50 hours in and haven't done my second playthrough, plus that's not counting the probably 20 hours in online. So as long as they keep MP fresh, I will be there. I really would like them to work out all the game breaking glitches, because until this game can't be exploited it's just not going to work. We can't have money glitcher and legit people playing together, it just doesn't work and throws off the balance of the game. Personally the game will only get better as time goes on because the worse of player base will leave and find other permanent games to inhabit leaving behind a decent community that is fun to play with.

GTA:O would have been quite something if it weren't for the money glitches and Rockstars part of even allowing such EASILY exploitable glitches to be found. Sure there would be farmers I guess, but the reduced job payouts fixed that pretty much. It would have been awesome though, every little thing would have felt rewarding and a dollar would have actual value to it. I love the idea of players selling and buying cars and things like that. Creative ways to make money from each other, but none of that will flourish while Chromed out Adders and multi billionaires run the streets.

Either way, I will continue to play wether it be SP or MP. At least with the MP this time around I have an actual character to go back to and keep steadily leveling and building wealth. It seems wonky now but once Heists are available, it won't be so bad having to rely on all the side stuff that you're meant to do when not doing a heist to balance things out. Once heists are out the game will feel more balanced in terms of making money.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

I'm just making sure I understood what you were saying, because I got confused. The three things I had stated are still ongoing issues, yet you say they have been resolved. I was trying to be sure that's what you were saying, because it is incorrect. The first two have been improved, but they are still issues and the third has not been addressed at all. And that's just three ongoing issues. There are still some others on top of those three, such as the messed up Bad Sport system and Passive Mode.
Yet again, you're yet to post a non-biased, 100% true response. All of the stated problems from the post previously addressed have been resolved for me. The bad sport system being messed up is also biased as some people don't see it that way, the same with passive mode.

The only standing problem that I'm encountering is my crew rank not progressing and not getting trophies/achievements online. However as other people are, I don't say it's a problem for everybody.

Words120
  • Words120

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:23 AM Edited by Words120, 15 November 2013 - 12:23 AM.

I intend on playing it until I'm bored with it which I doubt is going to happen any time soon. As with any other game.

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:57 AM Edited by MysticJon, 15 November 2013 - 01:00 AM.

Yet again, you're yet to post a non-biased, 100% true response. All of the stated problems from the post previously addressed have been resolved for me. The bad sport system being messed up is also biased as some people don't see it that way, the same with passive mode.

The only standing problem that I'm encountering is my crew rank not progressing and not getting trophies/achievements online. However as other people are, I don't say it's a problem for everybody.

Saying it has been resolved for you is not the same as it being resolved. They've been resolved for me as well, but there are still players that have lost levels and/or cars and are still losing level progression and/or cars. It is an ongoing issue that has not been resolved for everyone. That is not biased and is 100% true. It is a fact.

Bad Sport and Passive Mode being messed up are also facts, unless you are biased. Their concepts are sound, but they are being implemented poorly. Fact.

Crew rank not progressing and not getting trophies/achievements online are also ongoing issues, thanks for adding to the list. They slipped my mind. I have not had this happen to me, but it is still happening to some players and that makes it an ongoing issue. Fact.

Just because you personally are not experiencing a given issue does not mean it is no longer an issue at all. Fact.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

You were the one broadcasting your opinion as if everybody was encountering problems in the first place, which is what I originally addressed.

You're boring me, contradicting yourself and causing me to derail the topic with you. I'm done with this argument in which you keep contradicting yourself.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

The silent voice in ones heart whispers the most profound wisdom

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:20 AM

giving up unless they fix their attempt of an mmo

Give them a chance dude. The game has only been live for a month with no real beta testing before that. They are working on it, you just need to look at how much they have improved it since launch. We've had almost a patch a week so far and although I admit there's alot to get sorted still given time it should be running smoothly. Hopefully within the next month or two it should be almost perfect.

I know this is an old post but lets look at the state of online right now, from that time of post

cop cars in garage

tutorials on how to mod in vehicles

single player in multiplayer glitch

LSC still works

tow Truck freezes ps3s

personal jets and tanks

RP glitches

Criminal Records gives you more RP in 10 races than you get in 10 missions

Possibility of getting stuck in your garage animation

Random disconnects

Bad Sport still negatively received

etc..

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:40 AM

You were the one broadcasting your opinion as if everybody was encountering problems in the first place, which is what I originally addressed.

You're boring me, contradicting yourself and causing me to derail the topic with you. I'm done with this argument in which you keep contradicting yourself.

Makes me wonder if you even know what we're talking about right now.

And I don't recall saying that everyone was encountering problems. Just that there are problems from day one that are still problems today.

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

No more GTAO, Black Flag and Battlefield 4 for me, maybe Ghosts...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users