Quantcast

» «
Photo

So how long do you intend to play GTAO for?

140 replies to this topic
Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:11 AM

I don't really buy games anymore, I only buy games that I think I will play online for a long period, say 2 years. Anything else, I rent once it comes a weekly release at my video store, I usually rent it for $4 for 4 weeks, smash it out, then move on to something else.

Since I love GTA I thought it would be a good idea to buy this, as I figured MP would keep me busy for a while. And from what I have played so far (I have taken the last 2 weeks off to revise exams) I think I actually will keep playing this for quite some time, I don't glitch and the way I see it there is a lot of fun to have with this game if you play it right.

However from what I see just from glancing around, most players have already pretty much gotten all the juicy bits from glitching, so now im wondering, how long will the average gamer actually play this game for?

• WreckinBall likes this

stagnzl
  • stagnzl

GTA Master

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:14 AM

gta is great, the glitches just get bored

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:17 AM

Yeah I have no doubt that free roaming and whatever will keep me occupied for a long time, but I also want the whole character progression/buy clothes/rank up sorta thing going on to last a while as well.

mistermaster7
  • mistermaster7

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:05 AM

I just want to see heists.  And other stuff they are going to put in the game.  

• DMC14 likes this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:07 AM

giving up unless they fix their attempt of an mmo

SkunkonToast
  • SkunkonToast

permastoned

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:12 AM

I'm hoping a good 6-8 months at least. There are no games in the foreseeable future im all that exited about. I'm going to hold back on buying an Xbox one until they inevitably drop the price early-mid next year and I do like to get my moneys worth out of games. Besides im still only about 45%through the single player and with all the extra content being released for GTA online there will be more than enough to do.

SkunkonToast
  • SkunkonToast

permastoned

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:17 AM

giving up unless they fix their attempt of an mmo

Give them a chance dude. The game has only been live for a month with no real beta testing before that. They are working on it, you just need to look at how much they have improved it since launch. We've had almost a patch a week so far and although I admit there's alot to get sorted still given time it should be running smoothly. Hopefully within the next month or two it should be almost perfect.

NormanR6
  • NormanR6

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:22 AM

I plan to play it for a long time. I think I got burnt out on all the COD and Battlefield games. I haven't played COD since Online became somewhat stable. Nor do i intend to get the new ones right away, maybe for xmas or something. but GTA will still be played for at least a year or so.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:28 AM

Until GTAVI

• Slacca, Massive Roy and kphitter25 like this

Chillymostly
  • Chillymostly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

november 15 im retiring my ps3. so until it comes out for pc i will probably not play it again. 

D_Marco
  • D_Marco

The Anti-Theist

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:53 AM

"I want to take it deeper than money, p*ssy, vacation
And influence a generation that's lackin' in patience
"

It's funny how you can apply this to most of the people who are here bitching about how the game is boring and not fun enough because they've acquired "everything" already.

Game is only barely a month old.

Patience young ones. 

SkunkonToast
  • SkunkonToast

permastoned

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

Oh come to think of it i may take a little break to give the new batman a go as they are usually pretty good games.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

AEMC La Mesa President

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:03 AM

This game will keep me busy for a long time coming. We waited 5 years for this. Would be a total shame to throw in the towel after only a couple months.

JOEBEEZ
  • JOEBEEZ

Fanny Bandit

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

As long as Rockstar continue to support the game and keep tweaking the dynamics and adding new content, I can't see any reason why I wouldn't be playing this for another 6 months at least, maybe more depending on how much they improve online.

I'm not bored ATM and I won't be for some time. The only ones who are bored are the glitchers who boosted to lvl120 and Adders in the first week, and casual fans who follow the 'herd' when it comes to online games. 

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

Oh I'll probably play it for about 8 hours once I get home from work. :)
  • Slacca likes this

Archvile78
  • Archvile78

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:26 AM

Depend how often its updated. I'm still having fun playing with randoms or with my friends. If R* is really serious about GTAO when they say "there's crazy things coming" i'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

crazytrain424
  • crazytrain424

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:30 AM Edited by crazytrain424, 03 November 2013 - 11:31 AM.

.8beab1c43d7c594710d85105fde9d26612821c99

• GTALegion, Miss Malevolent and i thing i spider like this

DevsNzL
  • DevsNzL

I'm Watching You

• Members
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

I'm bored to death, hence why I do dupes gives me something to do, and it gets fun meet some awesome people while duping.  But i think just hanging on to see if they do release bank heists. 

Alpha Riff
  • Alpha Riff

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

I tend to only play games I want to play for awhile because of the online component. I think that GTA Online has a lot of promise. I'm just sad it came at the tail end of the life cycle of these systems. I think R* will support it for at least a good 1 or so, but I can't foresee them doing anything with it after 2015, unless the next game will utilize this same online world...

BryanHowarth
  • BryanHowarth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

I'm pretty bored. All the missions are pretty much the same and the game modes are dull, dull, dull. Nothing's going to change majorly either. Rockstar aren't going to invest a ton of money adding new things to do and more inventive cooperative play when there's no money in it for them. For the amount of time and money that must have been spent creating the living, breathing world that is Los Santos, so little time and effort seems to have been put into multiplayer.

solidriver
  • solidriver

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

as long as i can glitch im in.

macto
  • macto

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

til the 22nd of November  :lol:

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:22 PM

I didn't even glitch and I am already getting a bit bored of it. Especially since they cut payouts. Feel like I'm doing the same missions over and over and it's not really fun. Then I go to survival and people go on the roof, get kicked and then I'm alone and bored.

ashtreylil
  • ashtreylil

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

as long as they keep releasing new content

o0eVe0o
  • o0eVe0o

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

aslong as they keep adding new stuff to it i will keep coming back to it untill they release the next gta game, my list of games filling the gap atm isnt huge, i have pre ordered a ps4 with black flag and killzone shadowfall, i doubt these 2 will hold me as long as gta online will depending on kz's multiplayer i loved 2 didnt really find many games of 3 online... the bigger games dont have a date on them yet division, mad max, destiny, all i expect will have great multiplayer which i expect will eat into my gto play time.

But on the other hand that is another year away who knows how gta online will look in a year but i am hoping for a new city by then, if they keep it up it could be big.

i thing i spider
  • i thing i spider

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

Until GTAVI

in your dreams bro

xViLLn
  • xViLLn

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

until the game gets boring for me

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

Until the next one comes out.

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

Until CoD: Ghost comes out.

WreckinBall
  • WreckinBall

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

I don't really buy games anymore, I only buy games that I think I will play online for a long period, say 2 years. Anything else, I rent once it comes a weekly release at my video store, I usually rent it for $4 for 4 weeks, smash it out, then move on to something else.

Since I love GTA I thought it would be a good idea to buy this, as I figured MP would keep me busy for a while. And from what I have played so far (I have taken the last 2 weeks off to revise exams) I think I actually will keep playing this for quite some time, I don't glitch and the way I see it there is a lot of fun to have with this game if you play it right.

However from what I see just from glancing around, most players have already pretty much gotten all the juicy bits from glitching, so now im wondering, how long will the average gamer actually play this game for?

So the games been out for a month,and for a WMO,(GTAO aint an mmo!)anyone who knows what they are doing,should have completed all races,all missions, all jobs,got most of the platnum medals,unlocked all guns, car mods and clothes,now for 60 quid id say that was good value,look at other triple AAAs,the story takes 4 to 8 hours,then ul have the multiplayer.im still shy of 80% completion on story,and the last couple weeks have been gtao.
I think R* has given us 2 years gaming without a doubt,we are in store for a load of dlcs,once they sort the glitching bollocks,I see games as an investment into time and fun.
And the 360 and sony musics attempt at a console needed a game of this type to keep us interested these consoles.
Like battlefield 4 jst came out,which the 360/psh*t3 has done an extremely good job of considering their lack of power and GHOSTS will come,then xb1 and psh*t4 will come,and we will find we are left with the diehards who love GTA,and all its chaos.
So for me anyway their is plenty of life left in GTA V,for the story and online.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users