Photo

99 Laps

34 replies to this topic
ashleyman
  • ashleyman

OBE

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

Yeah I know right. After what jameznash said up there I'm almost looking for reasons to carry through with this, I still have a few good reasons but like razorsharkhead said R* prob didn't expect anyone to attempt this. If someone were to spectate the race from CCTV while recording it then I'm doing it no questions asked.

Would you be able to spectate for that length of time without being kicked? 

If everyone involved had a HDMI recorder box and someone was willing to sit down and edit the video files, you could produce a pretty sweet looking F1 style video for Youtube or whatever. 

oGeesKeeMasK
  • oGeesKeeMasK

Haterade Actually Isn't Bad Stuff...

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

Yeah I know right. After what jameznash said up there I'm almost looking for reasons to carry through with this, I still have a few good reasons but like razorsharkhead said R* prob didn't expect anyone to attempt this. If someone were to spectate the race from CCTV while recording it then I'm doing it no questions asked.

Would you be able to spectate for that length of time without being kicked? 

If everyone involved had a HDMI recorder box and someone was willing to sit down and edit the video files, you could produce a pretty sweet looking F1 style video for Youtube or whatever. 

I'd like to hope so, for the most my signal is stable and I don't get kicked too often (God I hate it when it happens) but yeah if a neutral party, preferably a NASCAR (or what have you) lover can sit on their CCTV and make their way through the spectate selection to the racers and record the event, edit and and post it, and probably get all of the credit for the video; sweet.

ItzLamz
  • ItzLamz

LondonBoi

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

dude i done 75 laps with 2 other friends on the airport track... they gave up after lap 15 & i kept going... took me an hour and 20 mins. goodluck

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

Part of me wants to say I would want to do this.

I would NOT do this on down the drain. I get invites from a fiend all the time for this race and I always say out loud to myself "hell no, not down the drain" lol.

I can do recording but I don't have enough hard drive space for an hour and half and I have a free 3tb HDD. Snips would be the only way.

Recording in RAW HD format eats HDD's fast.

I have played a 10h straight stint on this game, wife was out of town and I just went with it, lol. I did go afk a couple times to eat and bio though.

oGeesKeeMasK
  • oGeesKeeMasK

Haterade Actually Isn't Bad Stuff...

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

That airport track is pretty long, Down the Drain is about 1.30 miles if you look during the start screens, the best tracks will be the ones that are that much or less. All the rest of the tracks are prob 2.00 or more miles (give or take) which you prob won't get through 30 laps of. The bearer of the vid is the exclusive holder because he/she is recording on their time but is still a part of the "project", how it is edited should be totally up to them. As long as everybody is with this though the outcome should be pretty nice. I'll postpone the race date to see how much more feedback can be got on this, emphasis on racers and spectators.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users