99 Laps

34 replies to this topic
ThumbRehab
  • ThumbRehab

Denied Access

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:35 AM

I have been racing in GTAO for XboxLive and noticed that the max no. of laps in a race is 99. Really, 99 laps? (is what I said to myself) Then I seriously considered it, so I'm going to try to put together a main event of sorts, for the Down the Drain track because it is a favorite, it plays out like this:

1) Announce the event and have interested racers RSVP then announce the race and everyone that is able to show up on the posted day of the race will receive 1 of 7 positions (I will have the 8th). I would send out invitations at a specific time to the racers that have RSVP'd, starting with the first and skipping to the next if a racer is not able to attend or has changed his/her mind.

2) Try to get the event sponsored to broadcast on CCTV. I have practiced the run and it takes approximately 40 mins per 30 laps so the race will be roughly 1hr 20mins, give or take.

3) Set the standard for the race: No wrong way driving and no PIT maneuvering (or anything of the sort).     

I would like to point out that you're going to get tired, if you can't even fathom 99 laps or an hour and a half of racing this isn't for you. I don't plan on dropping out of the race so be ready, get a practice run in that gives you time to recover for the actual event, if I get proper feedback to this it will go down as soon as this Saturday at 6pm. 

sh0tyme
  • sh0tyme

PSN: Sh0-tyme_g-o-a-t

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:46 AM

I'm not a hater, but IMO. That's too long of a race for just doing it for fun, no prize no trophy.. Ppl need motivation. Maby come up with a prize this idea maby come to life. Cheers

ThumbRehab
  • ThumbRehab

Denied Access

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

I'm not a hater, but IMO. That's too long of a race for just doing it for fun, no prize no trophy.. Ppl need motivation. Maby come up with a prize this idea maby come to life. Cheers

I could be wrong but the more racers the more prize. The payout at the end of the race might even increase according to how many laps were raced on top of how many racers there are. Like I said if you aren't up to it just spectate, I don't mean to sound harsh but don't come whining to me if you don't think that you can pull it off. Salud.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

you're in for a dissapointment XD

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:31 PM

Considering I get the same amount of money for a ten lap race as I do for a two lap race, you're in for one hell of a lot of depression at the end of that.  Plus I can't imagine spending an hour and a half of my life in Down The Drain.  You'll literally have people going afk in the race for restroom breaks and being able to catch back up within the next twenty minutes.

ThumbRehab
  • ThumbRehab

Denied Access

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

Disappointment I'm ready for, I can't imagine too many people will be up for this but I'm still racing online and I don't know which one it is but more laps or players does alter the outcome of the winnings as long as that can be confirmed then this should be well worth it. As for bathroom stops and all, that is all up to the player, they should have all of that figured out by race time, I'll postpone the date for as long as necessary but because you didn't train for it is not my problem.

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:21 PM

Disappointment I'm ready for, I can't imagine too many people will be up for this but I'm still racing online and I don't know which one it is but more laps or players does alter the outcome of the winnings as long as that can be confirmed then this should be well worth it. As for bathroom stops and all, that is all up to the player, they should have all of that figured out by race time, I'll postpone the date for as long as necessary but because you didn't train for it is not my problem.

I'd be willing to do 99 on Vespucci Dreams or Criminal Records, but not Down The Drain. Those cardboard boxes are too damn retarded.

• The Rangler and krillingt75961 like this

Tiddy
  • Tiddy

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:21 PM

Got 99 laps and... I'll get my coat.

But really, the motivation isn't there since payouts aren't affected by the number of laps.

ThumbRehab
  • ThumbRehab

Denied Access

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

I'd be willing to do 99 on Vespucci Dreams or Criminal Records, but not Down The Drain. Those cardboard boxes are too damn retarded.

Got 99 laps and... I'll get my coat.

But really, the motivation isn't there since payouts aren't affected by the number of laps.

I agree with you on the track, I'm willing to change that up as long as it's a brief one, some of these races are loooong (g*ddamn)! As far as the pay the number of laps might not effect it but I'm almost sure the number of players will. I'm not doing it for RP or money (although it wouldn't hurt) I just really want to see what R* had in mind when racing 99 laps.

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

God Is Great, Beer Is Good, People Are Crazy

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

I did a 20 lap race today to see if it would give me any extra RP it doesn't

It took me 22 minutes to race 20 laps at Los Santon Airport in a super car now double that with the track you are using

a 99 lap race will take an hour and half to do, That is an hour and half straight of holding a button down without releasing and you can't take any breaks.

I dare you to do just half that by yourself and then revaluate your thinking after you've finished 50 laps.

BILLDOZER
  • BILLDOZER

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:23 AM

Grand Theft Nascar?

With the payout being the same as a 1 lap race, this sounds like a waste of time.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:51 AM

It's going to be horrible when that first guy starts going backwards.

ThumbRehab
  • ThumbRehab

Denied Access

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:09 AM Edited by eC.011loc, 04 November 2013 - 02:13 AM.

I did a 20 lap race today to see if it would give me any extra RP it doesn't

It took me 22 minutes to race 20 laps at Los Santon Airport in a super car now double that with the track you are using

a 99 lap race will take an hour and half to do, That is an hour and half straight of holding a button down without releasing and you can't take any breaks.

I dare you to do just half that by yourself and then revaluate your thinking after you've finished 50 laps.

You won't get any RP's as you now know, I found that out when I did my first practice run of the whole 99 laps which had to be salvaged because I mysteriously got disconnected around lap 45 so I started another race soon after consisting of 60 laps. 'Down the Drain' 40 mins. per 30 laps.

Grand Theft Nascar?

With the payout being the same as a 1 lap race, this sounds like a waste of time.

You all seem to be pretty sure that 1-5 laps with up to 9 players will pay out the same as the whole 99 with the same amount present, that I'm not sure of. Don't post guesswork, I'm available now (more or less) hit me up with a message [ogskeemask_xbox] before 11pm tonite (11-03-13) and we can confirm some things lap and player wise. Hopefully I can get at least 3 players and we'll do a couple of quick runs changing up the laps and the players to make sure because I notice a payout diff when players leave and I come in 2nd or 3rd multiple times, it could be because of any bets but it also might not be.

Tiddy
  • Tiddy

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

I'm not guessing, a guy on here did 99 laps around the prison and only got paid 5k. I'd be interested in a long race like this if it were in a class such as muscle and in the rain so that some skill was required (and brakes!).
  • The Rangler likes this

TotesMagotes
  • TotesMagotes

Totes Magotes

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

Your car would be demolished by about 30 laps.

ThumbRehab
  • ThumbRehab

Denied Access

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

I'm not guessing, a guy on here did 99 laps around the prison and only got paid 5k. I'd be interested in a long race like this if it were in a class such as muscle and in the rain so that some skill was required (and brakes!).

Considered. That would be all I am trying to find out by doing it, my belief is that 99 laps will get you 500K or more!

Your car would be demolished by about 30 laps.

You can always respawn.

livejoker
  • livejoker

All About That Face!

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

When GTA:O came out, I played with friends but when they all left for bed I decided to do a Forza 3/Forza 4 little trick I used to do back in the day. You'd take an R1 Class car and set the AI drivers to S Class or lower, if you wished. 99 laps of a circle map (takes 40 seconds to complete) and you'd get mad money like 103,886 Credits, etc. Did this on Airport with Veyron (Adder), alone, got nothing. 400 RP but no money. Next day friends see me with sh*tty stats but my racing is top notch.

Sadly, I will not participate as much as I'd like to. Airport would be better as Down The Drain is an annoying track. Too many turns and cardboard, I can't do 10 laps without raging on it. You're crazy. Please tell us if you find enough people for it, though, I'm interested to know. :)

ThumbRehab
  • ThumbRehab

Denied Access

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:42 AM

When GTA:O came out, I played with friends but when they all left for bed I decided to do a Forza 3/Forza 4 little trick I used to do back in the day. You'd take an R1 Class car and set the AI drivers to S Class or lower, if you wished. 99 laps of a circle map (takes 40 seconds to complete) and you'd get mad money like 103,886 Credits, etc. Did this on Airport with Veyron (Adder), alone, got nothing. 400 RP but no money. Next day friends see me with sh*tty stats but my racing is top notch.

Sadly, I will not participate as much as I'd like to. Airport would be better as Down The Drain is an annoying track. Too many turns and cardboard, I can't do 10 laps without raging on it. You're crazy. Please tell us if you find enough people for it, though, I'm interested to know. :)

No interest just yet, I'm locking in all players with an announcement that do take interest.

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:35 AM

I would be up for this but I question one thing in general. 

After so much RP, you eventually "Max Out" your RP for a certain race. This even happens in survival as well. I feel like at some point you will literally just running circles for no reason other than to say "I ran 99 Laps".

PS3 or Xbox?

ThumbRehab
  • ThumbRehab

Denied Access

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:04 AM Edited by eC.011loc, 05 November 2013 - 03:05 AM.

I would be up for this but I question one thing in general. 

After so much RP, you eventually "Max Out" your RP for a certain race. This even happens in survival as well. I feel like at some point you will literally just running circles for no reason other than to say "I ran 99 Laps".

PS3 or Xbox?

I'm mostly curious as to what would happen, was anybody impressed, did I win an accomplishment metal, because everyone knows that there aren't going to be any RP's, I myself am not sure as to what the exact payout laps:racer ratio is, this will definitely be a way to say 'you've done that' in the game though, "...no need to venture down there tough, that road has already been conquered!" Xbox by the way.

ThumbRehab
  • ThumbRehab

Denied Access

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:46 AM

~Is it ok to bump here?~ I've been online conversing with some players, I 4got what name was but I was checking for other tracks besides Down the Drain with just as much to offer for a 99 lap run and I have the perfect alternative so far, wait for it... Arms Race! The track is perfect, it's brief, not too drab and will definitely do if you're kind of peeved by Down the Drain. Hollar at me _ogskeemask-xbox_

ashleyman
  • ashleyman

OBE

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:19 AM

However fun this sounds, I did Criminal Records last night with a buddy a few times. (He wanted to reach Lvl 50)

We did a mix of 3 laps, 5 laps and just a single lap. All race settings the same except the number of laps.

The ONLY difference multiple laps made was beating your Personal Best Lap Time but once thats as fast you can go, your racing for nothing. It even stops counting Overtakes past a certain number of them.

The payouts at the end were the same, the RP at the end was the same.

I feel like people have told you multiple times the payouts at the end are the same. You won't get anything extra for doing 99 Laps, Just some sore thumbs and the same payout as people doing less laps!

Why not make a playlist and mix up the races and do a combined leaderboard? Whoever gets the most wins or ends up with the most JP out of the tournament wins and you give them some GTA$.

I'm sure if you said the winner would get $1,000,000 prize you'd get more interest. 

ThumbRehab
  • ThumbRehab

Denied Access

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:24 PM Edited by eC.011loc, 06 November 2013 - 06:25 PM.

However fun this sounds, I did Criminal Records last night with a buddy a few times. (He wanted to reach Lvl 50)

We did a mix of 3 laps, 5 laps and just a single lap. All race settings the same except the number of laps.

The ONLY difference multiple laps made was beating your Personal Best Lap Time but once thats as fast you can go, your racing for nothing. It even stops counting Overtakes past a certain number of them.

I feel like people have told you multiple times the payouts at the end are the same. You won't get anything extra for doing 99 Laps, Just some sore thumbs and the same payout as people doing less laps!

Why not make a playlist and mix up the races and do a combined leaderboard? Whoever gets the most wins or ends up with the most JP out of the tournament wins and you give them some GTA$.

I'm sure if you said the winner would get $1,000,000 prize you'd get more interest. 

It's good that you did the homework but this isn't necessarily about money for me, it's more for kicks. Nobody knows exactly what would happen at the end of 99 laps because no one has raced them, we can only estimate. I just really wanted to know what in the world R* would make a 99 lap option for, who the 'h' would race it?! Well obviously since there's no substantial payout or RP's and it's soooo tiring no one right? I guess that's why it's in the game, just to sit there and poke you in eye with :bbq: Bottom line is after all of the research has been done you're either going to walk away from the challenge or you're not. I'm game regardless of money or RP's, I'll do it for notoriety, I'll risk getting laughed at but in this case it takes stupid to be stupid. Who knows, you can record the whole thing and post it (I am asking for sponsors), display some driving skills, show some endurance, you might pull a wicked last lap overtake but you will never know until you try it. I take it, by the way, that you will not be entering a bid then, is this correct?

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

here's the problem with 99 laps... is anyone going to not lag out before the race is over?

ashleyman
  • ashleyman

OBE

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:16 PM Edited by ashleyman, 06 November 2013 - 07:17 PM.

here's the problem with 99 laps... is anyone going to not lag out before the race is over?

I got 6 Hours in last night without lagging or freezing or being kicked! :)

It's good that you did the homework but this isn't necessarily about money for me, it's more for kicks. Nobody knows exactly what would happen at the end of 99 laps because no one has raced them, we can only estimate. I just really wanted to know what in the world R* would make a 99 lap option for, who the 'h' would race it?! Well obviously since there's no substantial payout or RP's and it's soooo tiring no one right? I guess that's why it's in the game, just to sit there and poke you in eye with :bbq: Bottom line is after all of the research has been done you're either going to walk away from the challenge or you're not. I'm game regardless of money or RP's, I'll do it for notoriety, I'll risk getting laughed at but in this case it takes stupid to be stupid. Who knows, you can record the whole thing and post it (I am asking for sponsors), display some driving skills, show some endurance, you might pull a wicked last lap overtake but you will never know until you try it. I take it, by the way, that you will not be entering a bid then, is this correct?

No. I'll happily race it. I was merely pointing out the fact that I've tried different settings. I know how it works, and I highly doubt you'll get anything apart from a stat (win or loose) at the end plus the normal rewards.

Endurance is my thing. I used to do the 24 hour races on Gran Turismo as a child.

razorsharkhead
  • razorsharkhead

Cockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

hahaah let's be serious dude. Rockstar didn't prepare ANYTHING for people who raced 99 laps.

You are just going to be racing around in circles for no reason.

jameznash
  • jameznash

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

Watch out if you do this - Its been done before and its very easy to DNF because you can end up several laps down from the 1st place guy.

Seen this in criminal records race.

So - not only do you only get the normal RP and money BUT its very easy for the 1st place guy to be the only finisher.

All you end up with is the RP for the first few laps until it max out.

If you want to do it for fun though - I'm in.

ThumbRehab
  • ThumbRehab

Denied Access

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:00 PM Edited by eC.011loc, 06 November 2013 - 09:09 PM.

Positive feedback! Always good. Like I said, practice and prepare, it took me about 2 days to fully recoup from the practice run that I did. As far as not finishing, that is up to you to determine, by the time you're through with a practice run you should have an idea of how many laps you can race. The kicker will be a documentary of it, that's where the sponsorship comes in, and until one steps in this will just be an independent project of sorts (for me it will anyways). The document should be good for highlights, the only down part is perspective, anyone racing will have to have a document of their own race because you can't spectate, again sponsorship. After all of this we can move on to the race settings; traffic, catch-up, wanted levels and all. If you're serious then friend up or message me with a gamertag at the Social Club http://socialclub.ro...er/ogeeskeemask Oh and let's not 4get about the bets that can be made  :blush:

The Rangler
  • The Rangler

Potshot

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:29 AM

Would consider it if there were a cash prize built in on top or something, but otherwise seems kind of pointless.

ThumbRehab
  • ThumbRehab

Denied Access

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

Yeah I know right. After what jameznash said up there I'm almost looking for reasons to carry through with this, I still have a few good reasons but like razorsharkhead said R* prob didn't expect anyone to attempt this. If someone were to spectate the race from CCTV while recording it then I'm doing it no questions asked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users