Quantcast

» «
Photo

Players should drop 10% of their cash when they die in free roam.

53 replies to this topic
Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

The having to deposit money in the ATM would have been cool. then drop whatever cash you had on you.

sgllocal
  • sgllocal

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:35 AM

well you wouldnt get anything from me as i bank all my money as soon as i get it.

mistermaster7
  • mistermaster7

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:59 AM

That would mean 3 mill from me.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:41 PM

As for killing each other after a job, how about after jobs you simply spawn in different sessions?

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

As for killing each other after a job, how about after jobs you simply spawn in different sessions?

And if I'm playing with a group I'd prefer not to be separated from?

I vote no, would cause too many problems after missions, turn the game into even more of a farce than it is now.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

This.

It wouldn't work out, and free roam would be more of a PvP frenzy than it is now.

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

Just think the meta game would be far better if this was part of the game. Disgust.

This a pretty cool idea haha. I like it!

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Best Topic 2014 [Things you didn't know about GTAO until now]

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

They should maybe KEEP 10% when they die and phone banking should be gone...ATM only.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

I vote no, would cause too many problems after missions, turn the game into even more of a farce than it is now.

Ok so two options. After a job you can either quit at the mission selection, which takes you back to the same free roam session you were in before. Or, you can vote free roam to go back with your group that you don't want to be separated from. If they kill you then maybe you shouldn't f*cking press free roam.

keenanandkel984
  • keenanandkel984

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

Dumb

daalni
  • daalni

yep, i will stoop as low as you to make my point. suck it.

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:02 PM Edited by daalni, 03 November 2013 - 07:04 PM.

EDIT: Response to dropping everything:

I actually made a topic about that a while ago, also saying they should drop their weapons and possibly their car, but people started freaking out and livestreaming their suicides left right and center, so I had to abandon the topic.

to be like that, it would have to be the rdr way.  sure, they can use it til they die, but I can just call another one.  other than that yeah, but it is easy for you to say, give me that car and don't cry about losing it,  when you didn't put the 1.4 million into the fully modded thing, isn't it?  it's understandable that most people don't like the thought of dropping weeks of gametime in to legitimately get a sweet car just to have a camping chump take it from them with one shot and zero work.

ImBoss450
  • ImBoss450

Im a Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

**has 1 million in hand**
**gets killed and drops 100,000 dollars**

I DON'T THINK SO.

ImBoss450
  • ImBoss450

Im a Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:24 PM

Dumb

daalni
  • daalni

yep, i will stoop as low as you to make my point. suck it.

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

They should maybe KEEP 10% when they die and phone banking should be gone...ATM only.

so you know where to grief them at?  I mean, free roam and killing other players is fun, but I don't think you should be able to max your toon's garage doing it.    what they're carrying on them at the time is fine.  if they forget to bank it, you might get a ton, but if not, oh well, looks like you might get a bounty on your head instead.

gotta remember just because you like the meta game of taking other players money and want it to be easier, doesn't mean everybody likes it.  it IS pretty weak sauce now, I agree.  but any changes to banking itself would promote some players camping atms all day just to grief those who are actually playing the game.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

**has 1 million in hand**
**gets killed and drops 100,000 dollars**

I DON'T THINK SO.

Gee, maybe you shouldn't walk around with $1 million in your hand then?

EDIT: Response to dropping everything:

I actually made a topic about that a while ago, also saying they should drop their weapons and possibly their car, but people started freaking out and livestreaming their suicides left right and center, so I had to abandon the topic.

to be like that, it would have to be the rdr way.  sure, they can use it til they die, but I can just call another one.  other than that yeah, but it is easy for you to say, give me that car and don't cry about losing it,  when you didn't put the 1.4 million into the fully modded thing, isn't it?  it's understandable that most people don't like the thought of dropping weeks of gametime in to legitimately get a sweet car just to have a camping chump take it from them with one shot and zero work.

I get this point and agree with it, but maybe it would just result in people taking real good car of their expensive cars and rarely using them with randoms. They would use them with friends, and it would be interesting to see if friends backstab each other. This is GTA its supposed to be like a criminal underworld. There should be more interaction between the players.

ImBoss450
  • ImBoss450

Im a Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

JUST SHUT THE HELL UP..

Phappy
  • Phappy

Seems Legit

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:35 PM Edited by Phappy, 03 November 2013 - 07:36 PM.

i think you should drop 100% of anything in your pockets. and 2% of ammo to the current gun in hand.

and it should be ATM Only. it would make the mechanic and dynamic of keeping your money banked more important.

plus then you would need your crew to hit the bank would make it intense.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

Yeah ATM banking only is kinda weak.

Should be 10% ammo as well.

Also to make this more MMO... maybe have more interesting NPCs that drop useful stuff like cash or weapons? E.g these would be like police lieutenants that appear on 5 stars.

Also there should be a bank option for long term saving where you get interest, christ it would actually make the whole bank system worth implementing.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

i think you should drop 100% of anything in your pockets. and 2% of ammo to the current gun in hand.

and it should be ATM Only. it would make the mechanic and dynamic of keeping your money banked more important.

plus then you would need your crew to hit the bank would make it intense.

I used to do this at the beginning of the game, and found it to be a chore because I didn't know you could deposit through phone.

If you lost 100%, you'd have to rush to the ATM after every single mission.  No bueno.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

Yeah I made it 10% for that sole reason if losing your sh*t after a mission.

ChineseCosmo
  • ChineseCosmo

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

Dam u ppl gotta think bigger all u gotta do is make it so that $$ u get for completing a job is dir. deposited into ur bank and the only time u get cash is when u pick it up off the ground or get it doing free roam activities (hpv, holdups u know)

wow ur welcome

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:52 PM

Yup I was just thinking something along those lines, but then started wondering when people would ever hold cash.

So yeah, all on hand cash should be earned from stuff like security vans, gang wars and such. To involve the meta game, maybe you should have to take cash out of your bank to buy things from ammunation or clothes stores. ATMs should be the only way to get cash out this way (unless like you can call up a blimp to drop crates of cash next to you).

Axl Rose
  • Axl Rose

Appetite For Illusion

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:52 PM

ATM only? everybody would just camp at the ATM's

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:54 PM

ATM only? everybody would just camp at the ATM's

But there are so many, and other players would just kill you as you camped the ATM. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users