You're a scumbag if you camp in your apartment with a bounty

229 replies to this topic
tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

As someone who likes to kill bounty hunters I disagree.

I love it when bounty hunters are camping, waiting for their victims. It fills me full of joy hearing the bounty hunters like yourself cry down the mic like a douche, and the fact you can't even kill your target or me, makes it even more satisfying.

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:18 AM

I love it when bounty hunters are camping, waiting for their victims. It fills me full of joy hearing the bounty hunters like yourself cry down the mic like a douche, and the fact you can't even kill your target or me, makes it even more satisfying.

I like to set bounties on the bounty hunters, myself.

From the safety of my apartment, of course.

Oh, the rage, the rage....

• tom_p1980 and OptionalZero like this

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

im a bounty hunter but i do this to if its a high enough bounty 

Expeace
  • Expeace

BF Surfer Cruiser

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

When i receive a bounty from either a player or NPC, wherever i am i drive to the nearest airfield pick up a plane and just fly around high up, if they are coming to get me then i make it a good challenge.....bountys dont bother me tho its just apart of the game that makes it alittle bit more fun

Velociraptorius
  • Velociraptorius

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

Meh, I don't realize why people rage about this so much. You need to survive with a bounty for what, around 48 mins of real time? To get 9000 dollars max? Unless you're one of those players who got gigantic bounties put on them by glitchers, then yeah, it might be worth it, but if that's not the case, you can easily get 5 times as much money in those 48 minutes it takes you to get 9k by camping. Whenever I get a standart bounty put on me, I just go about my business, only I also switch to the larger map to take care of any potential hunters.

Gizmo85953
  • Gizmo85953

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

If i was close to the bounty ending id camp in my apartment or just let my friend take the money

TinCan
  • TinCan

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

I like to play out my bounties, I'll even stay longer on the server if I get one when I'm about to leave, but I make the hunters work for their money.

Yesterday I tried something new though, I got in the submersible and went deep sea exploring while I had a bounty on me.

Are there any counter to this, other than possibly ramming you with another sub?

bmwdriver
  • bmwdriver

with oakley oil rig sunglasses

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

i'm selling my eclipse apartment because i'm tired of these campers

go camp with the devil, you bunch of dick sucking fags

bmwdriver
  • bmwdriver

with oakley oil rig sunglasses

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

oh and yesterday I started to spawn kill a bounty hunter who was camping in front of my garage

the guy was mexican i guess, and didn't stop screaming on the mic

laughed mao

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

The only thing that bothers me about players with a bounty running to their apartments is all the people I kill that come out of that apartment that aren't the bounty I intended to kill. When you have stickies laid outside the entrance you don't really have time to decide whether or not you're gonna blow up the guy who just walked out. You either do it now and kill them or wait and miss.

I've sadly assassinated many unintentional targets this way. 

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

I like to set bounties on the bounty hunters, myself.

From the safety of my apartment, of course.

Oh, the rage, the rage....

I wouldn't care, more cash for me and I'll still hunt other bounties while having one on myself. I've only been killed twice while I had a bounty on me and both times I'd forgotten I had a bounty. If I'm aware that I have one I make sure I'm hard to kill.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:42 PM

If the bounty is 7k or 9k i´ll stay in my apartment or take a plane and circle around the map....if is under 7k i play like everyone else and love the chases!

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:08 PM

I get my contact to kill me...she needs the cash anyway....lol so what get over it

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

Meh, I don't realize why people rage about this so much. You need to survive with a bounty for what, around 48 mins of real time? To get 9000 dollars max? Unless you're one of those players who got gigantic bounties put on them by glitchers, then yeah, it might be worth it, but if that's not the case, you can easily get 5 times as much money in those 48 minutes it takes you to get 9k by camping. Whenever I get a standart bounty put on me, I just go about my business, only I also switch to the larger map to take care of any potential hunters.

Lol i just go eat or take a dump while you stress about getting at me

Davexen
  • Davexen

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

I'm really getting tired of people camping in their apartments as soon as they get a bounty on their head. As a bounty hunter it really isn't that bad, I kill you ONCE get the bounty then continue on with whatever.

I'd like to have getting into properties disabled if you have a bounty.

Ok man, thanks for letting me know. When I get a bounty I'll let you know so you can come and blow my face off. It's just ONCE, right? So there's no problem at all really. We'll all continue on with whatever. :)

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

Bit extreme to say you're a "scumbag" if you hide in your apartment. Some people would prefer to survive the bounty rather than survive the 45 minute chase but the game freely allows this so it's not their fault!

My preference would be to change the core game mechanics to not always show blips on the radar. With an intelligent change to the system, surviving a bounty, or hunting for bounties, could be far more challenging, rewarding ...and fun. Then people might not be so inclined to sit in their apartment (or other safe location.)

NuklerGhost101838
  • NuklerGhost101838

All men die; Few men ever really LIVE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

I can see both sides of this argument. On the bounty hunter's side, it is highly aggravating if your target flees and holds out in his or her garage or apartment because A: They can not do a single thing about it except rage and cuss and B: Their target is now mocking them by being just on the other side and safely out of danger.

However, on the target's side, they either A: Want to survive a bounty to collect the money or B: Do not want to die for whatever reason. So the target thinks Hey, just go to the (garage or apartment), I'll be safe there. So if he or she makes it, they are now safe from bounties and after a mere 48 minutes have with ease survived the bounty and collected the cash and can keep said cash without a couple of hospital bills.

Many of you bounty hunters will say things like "But it's only 9 f*cking grand!!!!" or "They're cowards, scumbags, scaredy-cats--!!" or "They won't face me like a man!!", the list is endless of accusations and rants, and they certainly have their facts and stats. However, not everyone wants to go 1 vs All. Some people would like the extra 1K-9K for an extra funds boost. Others would simply not like to have to watch their back all the time for 48 minutes. Others would not like to be repeatedly spawn camped (and it DOES happen, even if the bounty has already been collected), and so on.

The problem with this topic is that both sides have their valid and invalid points, and the thread probably needs to be locked.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

^ A real bounty hunter doesn't complain when their intend target gets away. :D

Expeace
  • Expeace

BF Surfer Cruiser

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

You need some serious tactial approach when dealing with a bounty being protected by his friends or crew it makes for an awesome firefight

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

I kind of camped in my apartment last night with a bounty while I ate dinner. I came outside and killed a guy repeatedly from the Weazel apartment I live at. So easy to move from one enterence from the next then just kill them over and over again. I got 12 kills before I got bored. One guy 7 times before he finally quit. I like standing really close to the front door and they walk up thinking I am still inside then blow their face off with an auto shotty. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users