229 replies to this topic
DevsNzL
  • DevsNzL

I'm Watching You

• Members
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

LOL my crew is different, we bounty each other, park up on a building sniping, killing people who come to kill us.  Only thing we do is if people passive kill, come up in passive then try to get us when not looking.  When that happens we kill each other.  Apart from that it's awesome to see how we will be killed.

Best one was this dude in a jet dang picked us off with bullets messaged him how awesome it was on how he controlled it.  So yea we get bountys on us we don't go to apartment if ya get us by fair means well done.

TiraTequila
  • TiraTequila

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

When someone kills you, period, with or without a bounty, there's pride at stake! 9/10 that persons not thinking 'good chase. Gg'. It's more likely smack talk about you and yo momma.
I'm not giving those guys a thing.

Ha.

DevsNzL
  • DevsNzL

I'm Watching You

• Members
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

When someone kills you, period, with or without a bounty, there's pride at stake! 9/10 that persons not thinking 'good chase. Gg'. It's more likely smack talk about you and yo momma.
I'm not giving those guys a thing.

Ha.

Yea damn annoying that, fine you killed me awesome but to say killed the fa**ot etc um yea i message saying nice shot but grow up.  I usually message saying awesome i enjoyed that even if i lost.  Sometimes the message back saying they enjoyed it as well. 

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

boo friggity hoo OP, go sell a Gallivanter Baller!
  • MantisFang likes this

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:18 AM Edited by Nah Tso Gud, 03 November 2013 - 11:19 AM.

I'm really getting tired of people camping in their apartments as soon as they get a bounty on their head. As a bounty hunter it really isn't that bad, I kill you ONCE get the bounty then continue on with whatever.

I'd like to have getting into properties disabled if you have a bounty.

I agree, but i also think youre an idiot if you waste time waiting for them to come out or chasing ones that you dont get in like 2 minutes because you can make way more money faster playing missions, lol!  I dont even bounty hunt normally unless they are right next to me or im really bored.  I usually put a bounty on someone im trying to kill just to make them red so I know where they are easy and then i kill them myself, over and over again, haha!  I sometimes have friends put a bounty on me just so i can kill all the morons that try to collect it, its great fun.

The fun of it is enough for me. I don't hunt bounties for the cash, the bigger payouts are a nice bonus to replenish some AP Pistol ammo though.

Then who cares, just shoot the white dots! Thats what most people do.  I dont normally bother people if they dont bother me but tons of people shoot at me for no reason so then I spawn kill them for a while if im bored.  Its not hard to find a lobby with white dots shooting at each other, just change sessions a few times and hang out by the 400K aprt or the customs shop closest to it, there is mayhem everywhere. bounties usually run and hide like little bitches even for 1000, lol! nevermind the fact you can make 25k doing some missions, who gives a f*ck about 1000, im not sitting in my apartment for an hour just so someone doest kill me,you lose 500 if you die, you can make that back so easy and you lose so much money by not even playing the game just hiding in your aprtment trying to get the bounty yourself, idiots! LOL!  you can kill me for my 1000 bounty and then ill kill you 10 times and make you lose 5000 plus ill put a 9K bounty on you, was that fun? lol!

Oh, I definitely shoot me some white dots, if provoked. However, the bounty system is there and it creates a good, no holds barred game of cat and mouse. Someone can go all out to get me or vice versa and when the bounty is collected, that's where it usually ends. This makes for one of the most fun, dynamic and interactive missions in the game but people just like to dismiss it I guess.

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

Bounties are annoying. I just let the closest dude kill me and carry on...

Jumpaax
  • Jumpaax

Leader of the LS Investigation crew

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

Even worse when they suck a friend's d**k and do the f**king invincible glitch.

SimonSickboy
  • SimonSickboy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

Im a big bounty hunter, love it.
I dont care if people are gunna hang out in their apartments for 48 mins for a measly 5k. If they need the money so bad they are welcome to it. It takes like a minute to switch sessions and find some more bounties.

My problem is that the only way to get a decent chase on nowerdays is to actually have a bounty yourself. I find myself blocking the freeway and chain stealing cars so that i can get a bounty, then driving though the city and snaring all the would be hunters. Wrangle 3 or 4 of them and you got yourselves a good old fashioned dog fight.

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

Camping out for a mere 9k? I can rob all the stores in 50 minutes and get double the money and earn xp while at it

[µT]
  • [µT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:45 PM

What is the problem? You see a bounty in an apartment so find another person with one that isn't, you can usually tell that they aren't because they'll be moving.. simple. People aren't scumbags because they'd rather not ignite a bank draining spawn kill fest so you can get 9k.

Bottom Gun
  • Bottom Gun

Formless

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

What's the point? The money you get is about as much as selling some cars.

woopton
  • woopton

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

When I have a bounty on me I wait in my apartment until my friends come around and I'll come out and let them have the bounty!

Taylor7500
  • Taylor7500

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

I know, and tbh the chase is fun, and given that you have to give up an in-game day which you could use to make more money than the bounty on you, I don't get it. Though I guess there's no shortage of bounty hunters who will repeatedly kill you after they get the bounty.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

Just do what I do, ring the buzzer over and over again until they get annoyed and come out. If they leave the session oh well , there will be more bounties .

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

I'm really getting tired of people camping in their apartments as soon as they get a bounty on their head. As a bounty hunter it really isn't that bad, I kill you ONCE get the bounty then continue on with whatever.

I'd like to have getting into properties disabled if you have a bounty.

You`re acting too emotional. Might I suggest a hormonal check?

• MantisFang likes this

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:52 PM Edited by biggsull, 03 November 2013 - 01:52 PM.

You put a 9k bounty on me and Ill run around for the first bit chances are, killing hunters.. then after like 20 30 mins Ill finish the rest in my apartment having earned my bounty.

Send MW mercenaries after me however, Ill be sure to stand out and let them kill me right away so you lose that 7.5k instead of getting it back.

The goal in the end is to make the person putting these things on you rage.. how best to do that other than camping in the apartment and having them PAY YOU TO DO IT.

Dont like people hiding from your bounties, stop using 7k 9k bounties.. use a 1k. Red dot attracts hunters regardless and you will never rage about paying their friend to kill them... when you put a 9k bounty on someone its very easy to go private server and have a buddy collect it, split the cash with you after.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:05 PM

It`s funny how big the number of hypocrites is. 

You have no issues in using EVERYTHING at your disposal against somebody, but you start crying the minute someone is using everything at HIS disposal against you... honor is a long lost word and notion for 99% of today`s playerbase. It would be a really stupid idea to turn the other cheek in today`s world.

tl;dr: Unless you agree to a duel with guns, with 2 witnesses and 10 paces - turn - fire rules, you, sir, have no right to scream slander. 

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:05 PM

So, if I have a bounty on my head. Should I ask kindly 1st before going to my safe house?

Muahhaaa..

I love leading bounty hunters on mindless chases just to slip back into my safe house and text them "Toooo Slooww!"

• Phyxsius- likes this

MysticJon
  • MysticJon

Legit Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

I hope this gets patched in the future. As much as I hate bounties in general, you definitely should not be able to go invincible (basically that's what you're doing by going into your apartment or garage) if you have a bounty on you.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

it sucks but like other people mentioned
bitches gonna be bitches
they'll just leave the game instead.
these pussies are f*cking stupid as well, 9k for 48 minutes is a sh*tty payout no matter how you look at it, not to mention it's boring as f*ck

ThatGr
  • ThatGr

Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:18 PM Edited by ThatGr, 03 November 2013 - 02:19 PM.

Well seeing as I'd have to be careful to avoid being a bad sport as blowing up my pursuers vehicles is a crime, I'd rather stay inside.

It's also retarded to say you'd be banned from going in your apartment, you earned money, and now for 48 minutes until the bounty disappears, you can't use some prominent in game features? How about we tell people who win too many races that they aren't allowed to use custom vehicles while we're at it.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:19 PM Edited by biggsull, 03 November 2013 - 02:20 PM.

So, if I have a bounty on my head. Should I ask kindly 1st before going to my safe house?

Muahhaaa..

I love leading bounty hunters on mindless chases just to slip back into my safe house and text them "Toooo Slooww!"

Get a mic, its so much more fun

"Too slow FAGGGGOOOOOOTTTTTTTSSSSS"

*proceeds to call mugger while loling and walking to his bay window.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:20 PM Edited by Vooodu, 03 November 2013 - 02:22 PM.

I love how people claim that bounties that 'get a way' are bitches..  Or think players are cheating.

Its called a bounty for a reason,.. Theres no rule that says players need to stand their ground against any hostile attacker until they die.  

Its a game of cat a mouse.. So you better get that mouse before its head back into its mouse hole.  That's all there is to it.

Or you can sit at that mouse hole and whine while the mouse gets all the cheese.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:22 PM Edited by biggsull, 03 November 2013 - 02:28 PM.

TBH as someone who will hide for part of the bounty to collect 7-9k, this should be fixed.. say by making bounties permanent.. a real bounty never expires until the person who placed it calls it off. There are 30 year old bounties people still hunt.

Permanent as in, you log off for a week and come back on, you still have your bounty until you die.

Possibly implement a system where you can buy the bounty off and it pays the owner back his money while taking yours. Its logical, youre paying the person you pissed off not to have people grief you.

Should be 2x the bounty price however.

While you're at it, fix MW mercenaries charging you money when the guy dies on his own.. and the mechanic being retarded and not showing up with your car.. and the phone taking too long to get out of when you need to fight.. and auto aim not locking on when the other guys clearly does getting you killed.. and how it prioritizes cops who are farther away over a person aiming his gun at you point blank... and get that stimulus in.. and heists where the f*ck are they..beach bum... bad sport from being voted out by kids..cardboard on down the drain and physics in general..all forms of glitching including tow truck and storing helis/tanks etc, insuring non insurables.. shooting through walls and glitching into walls to shoot through..

^^ the point, they have a lot on their plate and probably wont get to bounties or any other "small" things any time soon. Not to say that isnt their own fault, just the way it is. I am disappoint.

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:27 PM

OP is mad because he waited for 48 minutes outside someone else's apartment for the bounty while a fleet of Ballers are just passing him by.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:28 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 03 November 2013 - 02:29 PM.

TBH as someone who will hide for part of the bounty to collect 7-9k, this should be fixed.. say by making bounties permanent.. a real bounty never expires until the person who placed it calls it off. There are 30 year old bounties people still hunt.

Permanent as in, you log off for a week and come back on, you still have your bounty until you die.

Possibly implement a system where you can buy the bounty off and it pays the owner back his money while taking yours. Its logical, youre paying the person you pissed off not to have people grief you.

Should be 2x the bounty price however.

There is a simpler solution: Get the player before he gets away and less about this:

Bounty Hunters dressed in white aren`t too funny anymore.

• FarVision likes this

daalni
  • daalni

yep, i will stoop as low as you to make my point. suck it.

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:30 PM Edited by daalni, 03 November 2013 - 02:31 PM.

They should just disable the countdown while in apartments or garages or whatever. That way they don't get to camp out for free money.

yeah, until they go play solo, invite only, crew only, friend only instead.  they still get free money.  bounties in this game are stupid anyways.  it shouldn't be player controlled at all.  should work just like rdr where the more stuff you tear up the larger your bounty gets til the whol server is just after you.  I've come into a server just to have a 9k put on my while in my garage (before I could even join) you think I left my garage?  nope.  dumbass just gave me 9k for no reason, I'll go play solo for a while. 

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:32 PM Edited by biggsull, 03 November 2013 - 02:36 PM.

I can run around the city for the 48 minutes on a bati or in a bullet and not get caught, taunting people and riding into their bunches shooting them.. while I have the bounty.

Suggesting you need to catch up to and kill someone in about 1 minute flat is just stupid, anyone who wants to hide can hide if they have even a modicum of skill and arent driving a hatchback.

This is all that needs to be said, the trophy for being payed a bounty that was on your head is called something like "Ride like the wind" Its theme is you drove really f*cking fast for 48 minutes and no one could catch you... not that you sat on your couch for 40 minutes when you could have made 50 100k in that time.

I sit (some and part of the time)bounties out, I am all for a permanent bounty system(until death by player) and anyone who isn't is a carebear scrub who wants easymoad.Easymoad is what ruins games, go back to CoD(or any EA and friends made garbage title designed to lower skill needed to succeed - listen to the red orchestra lead dev on how CoD lowers the skill gap to make bads buy more copies, watering down the skill pool in general,making everyone hate the game including said bads.) if you want everything handed to you and to never have to worry about anything.

edit: @Phyx

daalni
  • daalni

yep, i will stoop as low as you to make my point. suck it.

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:39 PM Edited by daalni, 03 November 2013 - 02:43 PM.

I hope this gets patched in the future. As much as I hate bounties in general, you definitely should not be able to go invincible (basically that's what you're doing by going into your apartment or garage) if you have a bounty on you.

I didn't pay for this game for you to tell me when I can go into the place I paid 400k for...  this game isn't just your game.  we ALL get to play it how we want.

any mechanic that would force a player to do something they don't want to just so another player can do what they want is a sh*tty mechanic. 

you may or may not put a bounty on me.  I may or may not go to my apartment.  for all you know, I might have been on my way there anyways.  who are you to f*ck with me at that point, and force me to do something I don't want? 

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:40 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 03 November 2013 - 02:43 PM.

I sit (some and part of the time)bounties out, I am all for a permanent bounty system(until death by player) and anyone who isn't is a carebear scrub who wants easymoad.Easymoad is what ruins games, go back to CoD(or any EA and friends made garbage title designed to lower skill needed to succeed - listen to the red orchestra lead dev on how CoD lowers the skill gap to make bads buy more copies, watering down the skill pool in general,making everyone hate the game including said bads.) if you want everything handed to you and to never have to worry about anything.

edit: @Phyx

By the same token, I could ask you to go play EVE Online, if you like hardcore so much, or DayZ.

Otherwise, try not to have a heart attack when you see the next bounty stay in an apartment. Alternatively buy a mirror to have that pulsing vein of yours in check.

[EDIT] Just realized that you can be hardcore in this game too: Just delete and start over your toon when you get killed. That`s what hardcore games / gamers do. That should keep you busy for a bit... unless you`re just another carebear trying to pose in something you`re not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users