You're a scumbag if you camp in your apartment with a bounty

229 replies to this topic
G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:35 AM

Hey OP.... f*ck off...I was driving to my crib in game so I could take a break and cook some food.... then BAM bounty.... so I went inside my crib to make some food like I planned....  the bounty in game isnt going to effect my stomach rl.... I dont want to quit the game and start it back over after im done cooking (i was just grillin some dogs so it wasnt going to take too much time.) but sh*t... I bought an apartment... I am going to use it... regardless of bounty or not.... dont think that makes me a scumbag.... 

so again... f*ck off bro lol... 

GullyB
  • GullyB

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:43 AM

I went to my apt, put my guy in stealth walk, set my controller upside down and boom, 9k and almost max stealth now.

Awesome. I'm doing that next bounty.

Elijin
  • Elijin

Probably Lost. Send help.

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:02 AM

People who say that when a bounty is on a player, they shouldnt be able to enter safe zones, jump lobbies or start mission are incredibly short sighted and selfish.

Bounties have no cooldown, so someone with a bunch of money could just throw bounty after bounty and hey, now the wanted player cant do anything at all the game has to offer, except roam free roam.

You're butt hurt selfish little children crying for 'fixes' which would downright break the game.

Sursion
  • Sursion

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:19 AM

"People aren't letting me kill them! Waaaaah!"
- You

Deal with it.
  • christo976 likes this

SkunkonToast
  • SkunkonToast

permastoned

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:22 AM

If someone puts a random bounty on me then I just drive up to one of my crew members and get them to shoot me in the face. Much better than hiding or running about in a crazy chase for the next 45 minutes. Also keeps the money in the crew and stops some random guy getting it. Then I can get back to what I was doing.

GotDjent?
  • GotDjent?

See you on the other side.

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:26 AM Edited by GotDjent?, 03 November 2013 - 08:27 AM.

If it's 5k or under? I'll stand in one place and let the first person kill me, or a crew member. 9k? f*ck yeah I'm waiting it out. Free 9k and another 9k for selling a hoarded felon gt after the 48 minutes. I usually just turn on the tv and watch everyone camp outside my house killing each other. Oh and if you think waiting it out is bad, then you have to think the people that camp to spawn kill are scumbags too. 

LexIgnoramus
  • LexIgnoramus

Player Sniper

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:27 AM

When I have a bounty, I just stay on the rooftops of buildings that are accessible via ladders. I plant sticky bombs on the top end of the ladder.  When a bounty hunter climbs up, I trigger the bomb and BOOM - Goodnight old friend.

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:32 AM

I usually leave, then start an invite only session, invite a buddy, let him kill me and then split the winnings.

Shame on you for putting a bounty on my ass. I told you not to f*ck with me. Did you learn your lesson?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

I agree with OP, it's sad too when it's only a $1000 bounty, they still hide.

Just die like a man, then everyone will go back to normal.

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

I love sitting in my apartment when I have a bounty & watching clowns like you sit outside & kill each other while waiting for me to come out.

If you allow to me get to my apartment after a bounty has been placed on me you dont deserve the money.

True that! I follow those rules when I chase bounties too....

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:37 AM Edited by WinterEdit, 03 November 2013 - 08:37 AM.

I don't usually go to my Apartment if I get a bounty. Mainly because:

1) It's just a game.

2) I'd rather not be a coward.

3) It can make the lobby more lively.

4) Chases are interesting.

5) If I happen to die, someone actually deserves that money. I usually just go lightspeed with my Bati, making some people to have a hard time to kill me.

6) It's just money. If I die, I lose $500. Not a big deal...

7) Hiding in Apartment... kills you with boredom.

HiddenAnonyous
  • HiddenAnonyous

I know things

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:40 AM

When I have a bounty, I just stay on the rooftops of buildings that are accessible via ladders. I plant sticky bombs on the top end of the ladder.  When a bounty hunter climbs up, I trigger the bomb and BOOM - Goodnight old friend.

Great minds think alike. :)

GullyB
  • GullyB

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

Die like a man. Lol @ these madeup ass online man laws.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

Die like a man. Lol @ these madeup ass online man laws.

Well it's not exactly the bravest form of playing if you hide in your Apartment for 48 (?) minutes.

Ribsey
  • Ribsey

Your father's your brother

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:52 AM Edited by Ribsey, 03 November 2013 - 08:53 AM.

Why should I let you kill me when I can hang out and get the money for myself?

Such is the way of an unsporting player, also probably a bad sport.

I love sitting in my apartment when I have a bounty & watching clowns like you sit outside & kill each other while waiting for me to come out.

If you allow to me get to my apartment after a bounty has been placed on me you dont deserve the money.

I do see why it'd be fun, but OP is also talking about those that are already in their apartment when joining a session.

A guy in his apt. with a bounty is just chilling, and you are a moron for being upset with him.

True only about 40% of the time, most of the people who've done it so do on purpose.

Let me stop you right there. If there's a bounty on me and you claim it the last thing you'll be doing is carrying on with your normal game play. I'll hunt you down so badly you'll either get me kicked from the session or you'll hip sessions yourself.

Clash of the egos incoming, at least it was fun reading this.

You can't get an NPC Bounty on your head from inside your apartment. You'll be outside when you get it put on you. So there's the kill window right there - from the time they get the Bounty on them to the time they can get into their apartments.

Get faster, OP, and accept that the runner wants that Bounty as badly as you do, and they have as much right to claim it as anyone else. 

These "Bounty Hunters" that want their prey to present themselves for execution... /smh

Spot on, well apart from a NPC bounty can be earned near your apartment (if they steal a random car nearby and it's badly timed by coincidence) and then people will run inside their garage. I agree with a few others and maybe it should just freeze the countdown timer for the bounty to level it out. Otherwise it's up to the person with the bounty whether they want to taunt you from their apartment or not, it's up to you to decide whether you'll let him or go away.

As the last quote above says, most bounties will not let them kill you. That's what it's all about, the chase. So, if you're right outside their place having a war with 5 other people and getting mad over it, there's only you to blame. I personally don't hang around inside my apartment with a bounty, much rather see a chain of people trying to get you and if one does...so what?

jameznash
  • jameznash

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:56 AM Edited by jameznash, 03 November 2013 - 09:02 AM.

If I get a random Bounty - from say steeling a car.

I just go and find the lowest level player and let them kill me for it. Or if somebody is being picked on then go to them.

Its free money and I cant be bothered running round for 48 minutes to keep it when I can just go and race and make 50k+ in that time.

The Bounties are so low that its a waist of time going to get them anyway - unless you just want the fun of doing it and don't care about the money.

There should be a bigger prize for chasing somebody down - More money or a big points bonus. Plus the player being hunted should get points for each 5 minutes they last. If all players get something out of it then the bounty system would be worth doing and be much more fun.

So as long as you are on the run (and not in your apartment) you gain points.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:01 AM

People who say that when a bounty is on a player, they shouldnt be able to enter safe zones, jump lobbies or start mission are incredibly short sighted and selfish.

Bounties have no cooldown, so someone with a bunch of money could just throw bounty after bounty and hey, now the wanted player cant do anything at all the game has to offer, except roam free roam.

You're butt hurt selfish little children crying for 'fixes' which would downright break the game.

That's obviously not the logical fix. Pausing the bounty timer when zoned out of freeroam is a fair option.

HostilityFactor
  • HostilityFactor

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:13 AM

If someone puts a bounty on me, I just go down to the Airport get on the roof and wait for people to come try to claim the bounty. Once they get within a certain range of me, Ill just accept a mission, drive all the way to the top of the Map and leave the Mission. That way now they have to waste their time driving all the way up there, and if they do I just repeat the process and go back down south. It keeps me entertained as I am not spending my time idle in my apartment, and I'm also probably making some 12 year old mad, So Win/Win in my book. 

meathead316
  • meathead316

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:25 AM

I dont know whether you lot are truly passionate about gta hence all the heated discussions, or youre just a bunch of whiney little bitches!

Anyway...

Bounties can be fun, i like hunting some poor smuck down as much as the next guy (so long as its $5k plus) and have to admit i get pretty annoyed after ive driven half way across the map to find they have hidden in their "apartment"

But thats my fault, not a very good bounty hunter if they manage to evade me by managing to get to their "apartment"

Also i agree with what others have said (kind of) about the timer stopping when you enter your "apartment". It should stop as soon as you enter and right then you should get the money for successfully evading the would be bounty hunters. After all your "apartment" is your fricken SAFE HOUSE is it not?!

Boom, I win :)

Revoltion
  • Revoltion

Rev

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:29 AM

Then everybody that hides in apartments will just leave the session. It would solve nothing.

^this. And also what about all these people that get bounties put on them for no reason? It sucks when you're trying to play with friends but instead you're being chased across the map.

danya0365
  • danya0365

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:31 AM

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:36 AM Edited by Nah Tso Gud, 03 November 2013 - 09:38 AM.

Then everybody that hides in apartments will just leave the session. It would solve nothing.

^this. And also what about all these people that get bounties put on them for no reason? It sucks when you're trying to play with friends but instead you're being chased across the map.
Then you and your friends can enjoy the chase until It's over, one way or another. What's the worst that happens? You get killed once and the bounty is off your head.. then everything is back to normal, you are once again a white dot. So what do you do now when you and your friends just want to play and you get a bounty on you for no apparent reason? Sit in your apartment for an hour?

AR700SAW
  • AR700SAW

Snitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

If someone puts a bounty on me, I just go down to the Airport get on the roof and wait for people to come try to claim the bounty. Once they get within a certain range of me, Ill just accept a mission, drive all the way to the top of the Map and leave the Mission. That way now they have to waste their time driving all the way up there, and if they do I just repeat the process and go back down south. It keeps me entertained as I am not spending my time idle in my apartment, and I'm also probably making some 12 year old mad, So Win/Win in my book. 

You don't even need to drive to the top; you can just create a Playlist with a mission at the top of the map, then start the playlist, back out when the lobby has loaded and there you go, teleport to the top of the map ;) Works for anywhere too (e.g. right outside the military base, the Airport, etc.)

Pelican
  • Pelican

The one who knocks

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

I only hid once and that was for the achievement. Couldn't be arsed to do it legitimately. 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:02 AM

I'm really getting tired of people camping in their apartments as soon as they get a bounty on their head. As a bounty hunter it really isn't that bad, I kill you ONCE get the bounty then continue on with whatever.

I'd like to have getting into properties disabled if you have a bounty.

I agree, but i also think youre an idiot if you waste time waiting for them to come out or chasing ones that you dont get in like 2 minutes because you can make way more money faster playing missions, lol!  I dont even bounty hunt normally unless they are right next to me or im really bored.  I usually put a bounty on someone im trying to kill just to make them red so I know where they are easy and then i kill them myself, over and over again, haha!  I sometimes have friends put a bounty on me just so i can kill all the morons that try to collect it, its great fun.

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

i have yet to sit in my apartment because of a 9000 dollar bounty..

I sit in the desert and wait in a tank.

• sultangris likes this

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

I'm really getting tired of people camping in their apartments as soon as they get a bounty on their head. As a bounty hunter it really isn't that bad, I kill you ONCE get the bounty then continue on with whatever.

I agree, but i also think youre an idiot if you waste time waiting for them to come out or chasing ones that you dont get in like 2 minutes because you can make way more money faster playing missions, lol!  I dont even bounty hunt normally unless they are right next to me or im really bored.  I usually put a bounty on someone im trying to kill just to make them red so I know where they are easy and then i kill them myself, over and over again, haha!  I sometimes have friends put a bounty on me just so i can kill all the morons that try to collect it, its great fun.

The fun of it is enough for me. I don't hunt bounties for the cash, the bigger payouts are a nice bonus to replenish some AP Pistol ammo though.

sgllocal
  • sgllocal

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:28 AM

this

Glennvf
  • Glennvf

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

You´re a scumbag if you kill idle players aswell and they should remove the cops in freeroam, oh and they should only allow 1 tank/server at a time IF it´s me in it. we should stop camping outside of appartments, Catchup in races should be removed. bad sport should be removed.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:30 AM Edited by sultangris, 03 November 2013 - 10:31 AM.

The fun of it is enough for me. I don't hunt bounties for the cash, the bigger payouts are a nice bonus to replenish some AP Pistol ammo though.

Then who cares, just shoot the white dots! Thats what most people do.  I dont normally bother people if they dont bother me but tons of people shoot at me for no reason so then I spawn kill them for a while if im bored.  Its not hard to find a lobby with white dots shooting at each other, just change sessions a few times and hang out by the 400K aprt or the customs shop closest to it, there is mayhem everywhere. bounties usually run and hide like little bitches even for 1000, lol! nevermind the fact you can make 25k doing some missions, who gives a f*ck about 1000, im not sitting in my apartment for an hour just so someone doest kill me,you lose 500 if you die, you can make that back so easy and you lose so much money by not even playing the game just hiding in your aprtment trying to get the bounty yourself, idiots! LOL!  you can kill me for my 1000 bounty and then ill kill you 10 times and make you lose 5000 plus ill put a 9K bounty on you, was that fun? lol!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users