Photo

You're a scumbag if you camp in your apartment with a bounty

229 replies to this topic
rushfox
  • rushfox

Yep I'm a gamer guy pls be gentle

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:59 AM

I'm really getting tired of people camping in their apartments as soon as they get a bounty on their head. As a bounty hunter it really isn't that bad, I kill you ONCE get the bounty then continue on with whatever.

I'd like to have getting into properties disabled if you have a bounty.

• GunWrath, Loxley and DMC14 like this

obfmaz
  • obfmaz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:01 AM

Agreed

TiraTequila
  • TiraTequila

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:02 AM

Why should I let you kill me when I can hang out and get the money for myself?
  • tom_p1980, sgllocal, Masher8559 and 11 others like this

FrEshBrEadStiCk
  • FrEshBrEadStiCk

Player Hater

• Members

Then everybody that hides in apartments will just leave the session. It would solve nothing.

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

• ImBoss450 likes this

walshy11011
  • walshy11011

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:04 AM

If they do disable people going into their apartment with a bounty on them, what's gonna stop them from finding a new session ? Or switching to an invite only session and playing with friends or solo ?

Dooma1090
  • Dooma1090

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:05 AM

Only time i'll "camp" in my apartment is if around the time I get my bounty , I was going to take a break etc. So ya, I cone back and I have free money! Thx !

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:05 AM

so i should adjust my schedule to fit yours?

eat a bug you chum nugget

• tom_p1980, Hamsterbaffle, ImBoss450 and 1 other like this

dorcy
  • dorcy

"Alright, let's get straight to the biscuits."

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:07 AM

ah wib, will the mean man not let you kill him. he is a bad man. d'you want some f*ckin toast with yer juice box.

• malcolmfunktion and Bluesun62 like this

Str1p3s
  • Str1p3s

Pixel Fanatic

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:08 AM

They should just disable the countdown while in apartments or garages or whatever. That way they don't get to camp out for free money.

• FarVision likes this

Dr.Huge Poop
  • Dr.Huge Poop

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:08 AM

I have 70 mil and still camp out in my 400k house with a bounty,I love watching people show up and message me to come out, or when 2 or more show up watch them kill each other over and over.

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

The furthest minion of the Crimson King

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:09 AM

Then they'll just leave and go to an invite-only session.

Then you'll just come back and cry some more.

• Grottesca likes this

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:09 AM

I love getting a bounty on me! If no-one is bothered coming for me with a bounty on my head I usually taunt them just for the chase haha

Is there a way of knowing if you have a bounty on you apart from the initial "blah blah has placed a bounty on you"?...was playing earlier and couldn't remember if I still had one or not...
  • Loxley likes this

LeSuede
  • LeSuede

Donde estan las drogas ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:12 AM Edited by LeSuede, 03 November 2013 - 03:15 AM.

I agree. I sometimes server hop to go from bounty to bounty and half the time, they are parked in their apartments or garages.

What I do is use off-the-radar when I get within a 1 mil radius then speed to where their blip is exactly on the map and park myself there standing still. If I'm lucky they assume I just spawned into the game and assume I simply live where they are and go out eventually to meet the end of my barrel.

But a lot of them are simply not leaving until the bounty is over. I think maybe a fairer system would be that they are allowed to find refuge in their apartments/garages if they want to, but then their bounty timer stops as well while they are inside 'til they decide to come out again. Same thing would apply to solo/invite only session if they are the only player. So there is no way for them so earn the bounty other than having to survive outside long enough with other players around.

Even if they simply decide to constantly pop out when they think nobody is around outside, it's still enough of a window for us to get that bounty. Besides, it's always the best when you catch them by surprise.

I like being chased anyway, it can be crazy fun. Sometimes I just keep hijacking cars in hope of getting a bounty placed on me by an npc.

• M210F likes this

DSO_BillV
  • DSO_BillV

Wiggle goo

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:14 AM

Str1p3s
  • Str1p3s

Pixel Fanatic

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:15 AM

Then they'll just leave and go to an invite-only session.

Then you'll just come back and cry some more.

Was I crying? I bounty hunt all the time on this game and I really couldn't care less if someone waits it out. It takes all of two seconds to jump to a new session. Grow up guy.

walshy11011
  • walshy11011

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:15 AM

I have 70 mil and still camp out in my 400k house with a bounty,I love watching people show up and message me to come out, or when 2 or more show up watch them kill each other over and over.

^^ this. It is funny seeing 4 or 5 guys pull up outside the apartment trying to claim the bounty. Some of them even buzz your apartment to come in lol. Funniest part though is when they've killed each other a couple of times and spent a few grand on hospital bills, that it was all for a 1k bounty.

FATSTOGIE
  • FATSTOGIE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:16 AM

I think its stupid because teh funnest thing in this game is manhunt.  Last night i had like 8 dudes chasing me for a long ass time.  That sh*t was fun.  I love haveing a bunch of people try to kill me, untill they get mad that i own them and pull out a tank.

TotesMagotes
  • TotesMagotes

Totes Magotes

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:17 AM

When i get a bounty I usually just hide somewhere and wait for people to come hunt me down i find it entertaining having a whole slew of players come after me, hiding in your apartment is pussy sh*t.

rushfox
  • rushfox

Yep I'm a gamer guy pls be gentle

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:17 AM

ah wib, will the mean man not let you kill him. he is a bad man. d'you want some f*ckin toast with yer juice box.

No, I like a challenge but killing someone in their apartment isn't really possible. I would rather you have a bounty and steal a jet or take heli, at least some people have a chance of killing you. Usually I give the bounty money to the person I kill too if they provided a decent chase and if they didn't go in their apartment. I like it when my bounty chases last longer that 10 minutes.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:20 AM

too f*cking bad

life isn't always how we like it, now is it?

• tom_p1980 likes this

TiberiusCrimeFam
  • TiberiusCrimeFam

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:25 AM

I love it. Watching players waste time rushing to you on the map then camping out the front of your apartment makes it even better :D

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:26 AM

I wouldn't call them scumbags, more like cowards. Wussies. Panty-waists. Weaklings. Scaredy-cats. Etc.

• Bazzad likes this

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

Harem Jutsu

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:27 AM

I like getting bounties placed on me. It lets me know I pissed someone off. One of my crew member's kills me, we split the money and keep it moving.

I'm an active bounty hunter. Do I feel some type of way when I see a bounty in their home? No.

They want to waste their time for a measly 9k-... that's on them and their decision. It's kinda dumb though IMO. You could easily make ten times more within the same time frame.

qop
  • qop

Overpowered

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:30 AM

Teckyy
  • Teckyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:31 AM Edited by Teckyy, 03 November 2013 - 03:32 AM.

Let me stop you right there. If there's a bounty on me and you claim it the last thing you'll be doing is carrying on with your normal game play. I'll hunt you down so badly you'll either get me kicked from the session or you'll hip sessions yourself.

• Grottesca likes this

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

Harem Jutsu

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:35 AM

Let me stop you right there. If there's a bounty on me and you claim it the last thing you'll be doing is carrying on with your normal game play. I'll hunt you down so badly you'll either get me kicked from the session or you'll hip sessions yourself.

I'll hit you with that line, "it's nothing personal, it's just business." If you still persist then it's to the respawn screen for you. Over and over and over again.....

Teckyy
  • Teckyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:38 AM

Lol honestly over the last few days I've had 5 or 6 people get me kicked or I've made them hop after the beatings i gave them for killing me just cus I have a bounty on me. Normally they kill you in cold blood too oh and apparently cry if you go in your apartment like op is crying
  • farfromsane likes this

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

Harem Jutsu

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:45 AM

Lol honestly over the last few days I've had 5 or 6 people get me kicked or I've made them hop after the beatings i gave them for killing me just cus I have a bounty on me. Normally they kill you in cold blood too oh and apparently cry if you go in your apartment like op is crying

Those are the best. That's what I call 'Good Times!'. It's the only thing that keeps me playing at this point.

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:47 AM

I love getting a bounty on me! If no-one is bothered coming for me with a bounty on my head I usually taunt them just for the chase haha

Is there a way of knowing if you have a bounty on you apart from the initial "blah blah has placed a bounty on you"?...was playing earlier and coouldn't remember if I still had one or not...

You can attempt to enter Passive Mode. If you have a bounty on you, it will not let you and it will tell you that it's bc you have a bounty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users