Photo

What happened?

12 replies to this topic
Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Playa

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:30 AM Edited by gtarules_95, 07 November 2013 - 09:17 PM.

So in all previous GTA games the protag did some missions for the local crime organisations that more or less represented the criminal underworld of the City (Vice City:Columbians, Haitans...., San Andreas: Grove Street, Mafia in LV..., GTA IV: Russian Mafia, Italian Mafia..)

In my opinion this made every city unqiue and although the missions in GTA games are always very similiar it felt different

So I expected GTA V to follow this route but except 2 missions for Franklin where you killed some Ballas, and the two missions from Madrazzo that Cartel dude (who btw appeared very weak and not threatening at all) there was no real local crime stuff?!

And we got Yoga, Golf and Tennis instead of Gang wars, gambling ...

Or did I miss something? What do you think?

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:34 AM

Rockstar were trying to tell a different kind of story than a "Go work for every criminal organization in the city." Whether they succeeded in making a good story is up to you. I loved it myself. 

• Jacob-B likes this

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:35 AM

we kind of run our own criminal underworld in this game 

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Playa

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:36 AM

Rockstar were trying to tell a different kind of story than a "Go work for every criminal organization in the city." Whether they succeeded in making a good story is up to you. I loved it myself. 

And why did you love it?

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:43 AM

And why did you love it?

I felt that Michael's story was a great take on a mid-life crisis and finding ones self after you end your career. He went from being a bank robber to someone who lounged around missing the old days and not knowing what he wanted to someone who knew what he wanted and how to make the most of his life. He starts off the game pretty much a mess and by the end of it turns around, which I liked. His friendship with Trevor is nice and complicated and Trevor himself is a deep character who is not only a great supporting character for Michael's story but he was designed to show what a "GTA Protagonist" would really be like. Someone who could go around on rampages and put on a dress or wander around in his underwear. Nothing is impossible for Trevor and IMO it's awesome. 

Franklin's kinda the worst of the three. He serves a nice purpose of being the "son that Michael can't mess up" but he doesn't really have much of a story of his own. That said, I still love the overall story. It was like an action movie where I didn't need absolute realism to enjoy it. A wild ride that had me laughing and got my heart racing at the appropriate moments. It's not a 100% perfect story, but I still loved it.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:58 AM

well they did works for the modern day crime organization aka the government... so your complain is invalid.

*THREAD CLOSED*
  • Ravey Davey likes this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Playa

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:45 AM

well they did works for the modern day crime organization aka the government... so your complain is invalid.

*THREAD CLOSED*

So the FIB is like the Mafia ? The Protagonist in previous GTA games also often worked for corrupt cops but not for almost the whole game because they dont represent the local crime organisations

the storyline of GTA V could have been easily set in another city and no one would notice

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

do some research and you would find that the government with their alphabet soup agencies(fbi, cia, doj, etc) are behind pretty much all illegal activities in the states.

so yeah, the FIB is like the mafia, because just like in real life they have the justice on their side and if something goes wrong, they can always twist the story and make it fit the script.

people dont realize but GTA in general is a parody of things that do happen in real life.

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

you know how it is man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:38 PM Edited by Shmiqq, 03 November 2013 - 04:39 PM.

They tried something different, in the sense that you don't start off familiar with everything or don't start off with an established surrounding. In past games, things changed. In this one it seems they only worked on heists and what-not instead of building up.

I guess it started with TBoGT, and even VCS.

Jack Howitzer
  • Jack Howitzer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

TP Industries is one of the local representatives criminal underworld, and directly competes with several other enterprises like

Spoiler
Spoiler
, the
Spoiler
and so on.

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

*THREAD CLOSED*

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH le revolution revolt fite back xD

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Playa

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

do some research and you would find that the government with their alphabet soup agencies(fbi, cia, doj, etc) are behind pretty much all illegal activities in the states.

so yeah, the FIB is like the mafia, because just like in real life they have the justice on their side and if something goes wrong, they can always twist the story and make it fit the script.

people dont realize but GTA in general is a parody of things that do happen in real life.

Ok but still that does not explain why we got sooo many missions from them (even 3 of the 6 heists)

A few missions would have been ok (like in GTA IV or San andreas) to show they are like the mafia

In the end we just got not enough missions involving real criminals

those FIB dudes were very corrupt sure but still not really threatening compared to the Cartel

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:25 PM

The FIB are nothing like the Mafia. The only FIB people that you've seen have been corrupt. Because one person is corrupt, it doesn't mean that everyone is corrupt.

@ OP - Yeah, I agree with you. I am kind of missing that. Working for the Mob and several criminal organizations. Michael and Trevor are basically like their own bosses and have a choice for who'll they work for.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users