Whats so good about the Coquette?

80 replies to this topic
Flyby29
  • Flyby29

"Settle Down Captain Happy"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:40 AM

I got a Carbonizzare back when the stimulus came out, and while I like cruising around in it, I hated it for racing. Way too easy to spin out, especially with all the demo derby drivers.

Recently decided to try out the Coquette after hearing good things, and fell in love with it immediately. Handles like a dream around corners, and much much better at holding it's line against impacts from other racers, like it just wants to stay facing in the right direction.

Or you can have both like I do, the carbonizzare has a great engine sound, looks great, great performance, fun handling, the croquette looks good too.

Strike-Eagle_1
  • Strike-Eagle_1

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:43 AM

I got a Carbonizzare back when the stimulus came out, and while I like cruising around in it, I hated it for racing. Way too easy to spin out, especially with all the demo derby drivers.

Recently decided to try out the Coquette after hearing good things, and fell in love with it immediately. Handles like a dream around corners, and much much better at holding it's line against impacts from other racers, like it just wants to stay facing in the right direction.

And that's why it is so boring to drive. Characterless and not emotion evoking. Other sports cars are a handful...which gives them personality!

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:10 AM

I'll take wins over personality. I still have the Carbo, just not for racing.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:42 AM

Sorry. The only way the Coquette beats my Cabrio 9F in races is if i get spun out or a NPC slams into me.

The Coquette is a great looking car and most people dont drive the 9F in races -----so buy one and race it.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:48 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 17 February 2014 - 04:49 AM.

This necro thread is not about the 9F, so gtfo. It asks what's good about the coquette, not what can beat it. Take your 9F fanboy conversation and go argue with some Elergy/Feltzer fanboys. F*ck that car. The Carbonizarre smokes it anyways.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:52 AM

I might favor Obey, but Coquette is most definitely a fast car.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:04 AM

The 9F is weak.

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

Rockstar Verified Creator

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:05 AM

As others have mentioned it has really good handling. Fully upgraded its a beat.

I also really love the Voltic. Did not like the Feltzer, too slidey.

Voltic is excellent but unfortunately its top speed is too low. 

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:23 AM

The three top cars IMO is Feltzer (slidey), Elegy (grippy) and Coquette (balanced).

Since Coquette is balanced it's better to take that.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:27 AM Edited by Day Reaper, 17 February 2014 - 05:29 AM.

Two? He's the one trolling. He should gtfo.

Im trolling? You massive assclown.

I made a post and Mother Superior here had something to say instead of minding his business. All you have to do is look up and see how it all began. This motherfukcer thought he owned the thread or something.

He isnt even the OP-----but thats okay, one day he wont mind his business in real life and will learn to let others be.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:33 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 17 February 2014 - 05:37 AM.

You're throwing insults left and right. Obvious troll. What's wrong? Can't make your point without adding some stupid BS to it? Wait I know, you're just mad.

WTFThisIsntWii
  • WTFThisIsntWii

Twerk Team

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:38 AM

I have the Carbonizarre, Coquette, Elegy and 9F. These are all my personal opinions of the cars not based on actual stats and I may be wrong or disagreed with.

Carbonizarre

I think it looks sleek and is a very good looking car.
Has an amazing sounding engine.
Cannot handle corners well, always spins out.
Better acceleration then the Coquette.

Coquette:

Cheap price
Great handling can throw it around corners. Although on dirt roads it'll spin out easy.
When upgraded the acceleration and speed are awesome.
Has quite a few mods available.

Elegy:

It's free
When upgraded the speed and acceleration are great.
It's easy to control even on dirt tracks.
Quite customisable.

I like all the cars, for missions I prefer the corqutte as the carbon always spins out on me and I find it hard to escape. Coquette is easier to control and corner with except on dirt but that may be my sh*tty driving. Elegy is great for a free car when upgraded. I heard somewhere it's faster then most sports car (not sure if that's true) when's fully upgraded its easy to throw around and quite maneuverable even on dirt.

Zerodragon Z
  • Zerodragon Z

Maverick Hunter Zero

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:38 AM

The first car I will purchase will be the Banshee. I don't know what the stats are and I don't care. It's been one of my favourites since GTA III and I have yet to see someone drive one. 

Because it's not an Adder or an Entity :panic:

I got rid of my Entity.  It's the new Adder, sadly.

Lol what is so wrong about that? I never understand why people look down on super cars

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Original Funktopus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:44 AM

Just Listen to it. There's your answer

snilsson
  • snilsson

Trick

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:17 AM

Because it's sexi and it sounds sexi, and it is sexi to drive. It's my favorite free-roaming machine at the moment. I use the Elegy for races.

0_0.jpg

Goodsport92
  • Goodsport92

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:59 AM

Coquette is sexy, but Elegy handles like a super car... Elegy is faster, nothing more to say about that

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:04 AM

The only sports car with a pair of balls. That's another thing good about it.

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:11 AM

1. It's not an adder/entity

2. f*ck stats. Buy something YOU enjoy riding around in. Not just because it has the "highest stats" and costs the most. 

The first car I will purchase will be the Banshee. I don't know what the stats are and I don't care. It's been one of my favourites since GTA III and I have yet to see someone drive one. 

you really dont want a banshee !!!   try it in SP before you waste your money. it was my all favourite car since gta1, but with V they nerfed it. its pretty slow. i guess in california its the california and not the viper, so go for the carbonizzare, its what the banshee has been in gta1-4

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:36 AM

It it a very good looking car, cheap, nice sound and the handling is perfect but challenging :) It can also compete with most of the other sports cars.. I have won more races with my Coquette than any of my other cars :)

Mrwhiteglasses
  • Mrwhiteglasses

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

Seems like a lot fanbois praising Coquete. Granted its inexpensive, neutral handling and OK looks serves many but to claim its best in Sport class or even bolder statements of N1 Entity XF then N2 Coquette in the game is plain silly.

Clearly shows those players pass on information of what they have heard over e-net.

Entity XF is allmost N1 from car class, clear N2 is Elegy RH, N3 Feltzer ... then the rest. Thats providing you have got what it takes to drive on the limit. You will clearly see the difference.

Fastest vehicles are Bati and Akuma.

Jimrod
  • Jimrod

The Hooded Guest.

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:14 AM

carbon is better in everyway performance wise.

thats so wrong its not even funny. you obviously dont own both cars or you would know this. Carbon cannot handle around tight corners while going fast like the coquette can. hands down the best handling sports car with feltzer being second and carbon being pretty far down the list.

I've got both and I use the Carbonizarre more nowadays, actually I've never lost a race in it so it works well for me. The Coquette is decent too but the Carbon is sharper to drive, if you're in the zone and not having an off day I don't think there's a better sports car all things considered.

Looks-wise I think they're jointly a couple of the best looking cars in the game, I do like that the Carbon is a hard-top convertible as well though.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users