Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which HUD-s and radar are best in gta series games.

51 replies to this topic
Testarossa
  • Testarossa

• Facade
  • Mexico
  • Worst Ferrari
    Best Concept DLC 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:30 AM

I always liked the GTA V HUD, because it was simple, looked great on smaller TV's unlike the past ones and also because of the shape.

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • New-Caledonia

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:45 AM

I quite liked Advance's HUD for including a speedometer, but besides that, it looked pretty much unorganized and similar to III's.

V's HUD is the best in the series IMO, but it still isn't perfect. 

Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:41 AM

V's HUD was the best to me, both in form and function, because it allowed you breathing room between weapons and gave you a little bit more time to consider what gun was best to use for which situation. In fact, V's HUD was one of the crowning moments of the game for me despite me not enjoying it too much. When the weapon select was closed, the rest of the interface was clean and minimal. It does make the 3D universe HUDs feel slightly clumsy by comparison because your only option is using the shoulder buttons to toggle your selection.

Kingzy
  • Kingzy

F*ck the people, whip out your d*ck and piss all over them!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:59 PM

Gta IV. It worked quite well and could be easily be read. When I play GTA V I barely even notice my health. Second would be San Andreas. But GTA VI should bring back something similar to IV, easy to read.

• Algonquin Assassin and assCRACK_98 like this

MythicalCreature
  • MythicalCreature

meh

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 14 February 2016 - 10:03 AM

I'll say something out of the ordinary here : Chinatown Wars.
Chinatown Wars' HUD came with a lot of options that were extremely handy in certain situations. Not only did the radar have the health and armor bars just like in GTA IV, you also had the option to display the bars at the top right corner of the screen a la the Stories games. Not just that, but CTW's GPS destination markers could be overlaid on the main screen including the destination paths. It goes beyond words to describe how easy it makes to navigate through the city, aided by the game's bird's eye view. While changing weapons, the game pauses altogether, giving the player ample time to select weapons. While on mobile the HUD seems clumsy due to the controls printed on screen, on DS and PSP the HUD layout is clean, optimized and convenient. Anyways that's what I think.
  • ClaudeSpeed1911, Misunderstood and Ivan1997GTA like this

BobFromReboot
  • BobFromReboot

Hustler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 February 2016 - 04:00 PM

I really like the IV map/health. I really like the radio/weapon wheels of V. If both were combined it would be the perfect hud.

I wish they gave us a wheel for ped interaction, or even just the player actions online instead of the clumsy interaction menu.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 14 February 2016 - 04:38 PM

IV...

Xpert25
  • Xpert25

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:36 PM

I like IV's the best as it's circle made it easy to distinguish how much health and armor I had while seeing the map. V is nice too I just would've preferred a slightly improved IV.
  • assCRACK_98 likes this

Steezy.
  • Steezy.

Dimension Shifter

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:26 AM

IV has the best imo

This should be a poll :)
  • assCRACK_98 likes this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:54 AM

These are the best IMO.

-Gta III

-Gta Vice City

-Gta VCS

-Gta IV

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:37 AM

Maybe I'm just nostalgic,but I like 3D HUDs the most,like in GTA SA, VC and VCS (and maybe also LCS,but I haven't played that one for a long time,so I don't really remember).

I do like how you can see where the cops and other hostile NPCs are on HD HUDs.

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:11 AM Edited by Queen Elizabeth II, 30 April 2017 - 11:11 AM.

GTA IV and GTA V.

3D era huds / radars were so, so bad!

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:32 AM Edited by anthony, 30 April 2017 - 11:33 AM.

GTA 4; it's different and an upgrade from the 3D era while it's still similar.

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:14 PM

They all have a unique charm, III is nostalgic as f*ck, same with VC. IV completely upgraded it, I like having health and armor around the radar and the wanted level/guns in the top right.
  • assCRACK_98 and Mr_Rager like this

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:18 PM Edited by Stoney0503, 01 May 2017 - 12:21 PM.

V's HUD is by far the best in the main series, both in looks and efficiency. The refined on in the current gen versions are much more visually pleasing than last gen.

The rectangular health bar returning from San Andreas is a welcome addition to the radar and the way the radar expands is useful, especially the version in online which is big enough to see all nearby players and their names though can quickly be shortened back to normal size which makes it very efficient to control.

The square radar is also good because I feel as if the circle radar wouldn't of worked in V with how big the map is and how detailed the radar itself is. GTA IV got away with the circle map with health as it removed the increase health function present in the previous games and the map within it wasn't as graphically detailed. The circle radar was probably a way to familiarise players with the new style of GTA.

The weapon wheel is also great and was much improved over the one in RDR, instead of having full and smooth 360 control with an arrow, it snaps from weapon to weapon, making it much for efficient to control, the inclusion of the weapons stats is great as it saves having to check them in the pause menu or ammunation.

My only issue with GTA V's hud in terms of control is really switching between weapons inside a car. Unless you have a ps4 and use the touchpad to go left or right, you can only go through 1 direction in selecting weapons, given how many weapons GTA V has its a pain when you accidently skip the weapon you want. This wasn't really a problem in GTA IV as you could only switch between like 3 weapons in drive by.
  • Meekail, LincolnClay and DimitriFaustin like this

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:26 PM

For nostalgic reasons, the 2D games and their simplistic HUDs and III/VC's HUDs always appeal to me.

Stoney0503 pretty much took the words out of my mouth regarding V's HUD.

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:55 PM

III mainly because of nostalgia, the black/orange look is classic, but GTA IV's was the best, simple but effective. The worst is V's, because of the health & mix of body armor & lung capacity, too confusing for me.

Spadge
  • Spadge

Hoochie Coochie Man

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 03 May 2017 - 10:40 AM Edited by Spadge, 03 May 2017 - 10:41 AM.

Obviously the HD era HUDs are more elaborated objectively speaking. The most iconic one probalby would be the San Andreas one however.

• assCRACK_98 likes this

LaDiDa
  • LaDiDa

I'm only human

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:52 PM

Hmmmh though one, in terms of looks V wins, when it comes to "feeling" vc fits the most with the game. Can't really decide between these 2. IV was the worst HUD due to the health/armour being out of place for me.

HeySlickThatsMe
  • HeySlickThatsMe

Aidun penirse gives Jorgy chink a T-Boner

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:31 PM

Radar , Money , Weapon icons etc - GTA 4
Pause menu , interaction menu and all that stuff - GTA 5
Fonts - VCS?

mzt
  • mzt

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:07 PM Edited by mzt, 13 May 2017 - 12:09 PM.

San Andreas's HUD was my favorite. It's unfortunate that IV put the health bars where they did because turning off the map leaves a strange ring, but if my map is on then i'm happy that IV kept most of the HUD off the screen. Didn't like the square map in V.

Richie Makyura
  • Richie Makyura

I clawed my way out of Willamette

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:04 PM

GTA 3 :V

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users