Ever killed any pests by yourself?

30 replies to this topic
Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

I was taking a nap two days ago and I accidentally grabbed one of those furry little f*ckers (read mouse) on my bed. I freaked out like a little girl and I jumped out of the bed. Then I started regretting that I don't have a cat anymore (he left and never came back). Mice can get inside your house if you leave doors open (or by other means, like faulty floor or walls). However, I never really had one get in my room until now (or at least the cat I had eventually ate all of them). I tried capturing it today, not necessarily killing it, and I failed even though he was confined to a space behind some furniture.

I went to wash my hands and when I came back he was sitting on my doorstep. I moved slowly, grabbed a broom, carefully aimed at its body with the top of the handle, and smashed him as hard as I could. It moved for one or two minutes while I was squashing it even harder until it eventually stopped. I picked it up with a dustpan, threw it away, and cleaned the blood that was left there. I don't recall killing any other animals before (I did dabble in insect murder, mosquitoes and houseflies in particular). It felt really good. I am generally against violence, but I believe that for a few moments I felt what a serial killer feels when he\she murders people. It was totally worth it.

What about you? Have you ever killed any pests? Did you enjoy it?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

I urinated on an anthill in the fourth grade. Does that qualify?

• F4L? and MrPeteyMax like this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

Does slaying dragons count?

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

Woah, did you just compare the murder of a rat to a human being? very thought provoking.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

I've stabbed mice before and shot them, I always tried to shoot them, being the quickest form of death, but couldn't remember how to load the gun and so had to get a knife a few times when they trap didn't completely break their necks. I didn't enjoy it, the poor little things didn't mean me any harm, but they were trespassing, squeaking and running and keeping me awake at night when they were under my bed. I used these glue traps and that really got rid of them, far moreso than more traditional traps. The catch is that you have you kill them yourself.

As I said, it wasn't nice. They have such bright little eyes and really cute little hands, and when I heard them squeaking and saw how afraid they were, I didn't want to hurt them, but I didn't feel I had much choice.

I don't blame them for coming into my house, compared to the chaos of the wild, a human household is a safe and warm environment with ample food to sustain them and their young. I rather wish I could have just had a chat with them and quietly told them to keep the noise down. Hell, if I could have communicated with the damn things, I'd have let them stay and even left food out for them, I like animals very much.

• PaletoChickenCapo likes this

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

Well, in hindsight I do feel a little bad but I don't think I would have been able to get rid of it otherwise (I was thinking of borrowing one of the neighbor's car, some come by from time to time to look for food). They are cute and all but they also carry diseases and I'm basically grossed out by them.

I wouldn't kill any outside. When they invade my space it becomes a problem. The one I killed kept me on the edge for a while after climbing on my bed.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the kawaii

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:00 PM

My cat likes to bring me live roaches, which is absolutely lovely. But I have to kill them for her.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

My cat likes to bring me live roaches, which is absolutely lovely. But I have to kill them for her.

Does she do that thing where she bats them about but gets scared and starts backing away? Our cat likes to play with spiders, but the poor girl can't kill them. She just arches her back and starts meowing at us to help her.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

DON'T TOUCH ME YOU FILTHY CASUAL

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:35 AM

I urinated on an anthill in the fourth grade. Does that qualify?

YOU F*CKING MONSTER!

We've had mice in the past and I was gonna try kill one once, but I was too slow.

• universetwisters likes this

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:14 AM

Saucepan, sheet of card, toss outside. Don't leave your doors open.

You f*cking nancy.

nobum62
  • nobum62

douchebag who owns a chromed zentorno

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:19 AM

At first i read the title as "Ever killed any pets by yourself?" and i went "WTF"

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

That's a tasty looking llama you have there...

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:42 AM

At first i read the title as "Ever killed any pets by yourself?" and i went "WTF"

XW4Xyfs.gifHOLY SHIT DUDE YOU MUST BE FUCKING WITH ME LOL

I like to kill bugs that fly; especially flies (moths are all gooey and nasty, and they always leave a big mess behind). Usually all I can do is throw a book at them and watch them fall with broken wings, but once I pulled a Miyagi and caught one between my fingers. :^:

• MrPeteyMax likes this

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:49 AM

Hmm well, I have only killed a few pests directly. Like whenever we had moles digging in our yard when I was a child. We would take a hose and stick it down one end of a hole and turn it on. Then we would either cover up the other hole with a shovel until we heard the squeaking stop and the mole had drowned or we would wait for it to run out of the other hole and whack it. One time when I whacked it a stray cat ran up and snatched his next meal not a minute after it had died.

The only other times I can think of is when I had the occasional mouse in my house. The first time we used a tradition spine-crusher style trap. The second time we saw one snuggled into some old rags in a cupboard that we rarely use. We opened it up and he sat there in shock, as did I, whilst we both gazed for a few moments at the creature that had invaded the place we both had called home. After a few moments of bickering with another person about what to do with our little home invader he ran off into a hole behind our oven. We set down some sticky traps and never saw him again.  Well, not until I was up one night watching some late-night television. I was laying there on my bed watching TV when out of the corner of my eye I see a small brown figure that looked at the time like a turd running across the carpet and into a nearby closet. After examining it slide its way between the closet door and the wall I took a sticky trap and placed it right where he had entered. After a few more minutes of stealthily watching some television I had heard the mouse slide past the closet door and start squeaking for mercy as he lay there squirming on the trap only to be making the situation worse. We then proceeded to take him outside, fill a bucket with water, and place the trap upside-down into the bucket. The next morning when I went to check on my little brown friend to discover that he had mysteriously drowned in the bucket sometime during the night.  

Jeone
  • Jeone

question authority

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:42 AM Edited by Jeone, 03 November 2013 - 02:43 AM.

I stamped on a rat once but I had rabies or some thing

Edit:I did not have rabies the rat did
  • Joe Chip likes this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:00 AM

There was a possum that I was worried might bite my dogs. It wasn't fun. The possum took a pick axe to the head and did not die very quickly. I feel bad about that.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:10 AM

The most I've killed are roaches, lizards and centipedes. Nothing bigger than the size of my index finger though.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

Don't leave your doors open.

You f*cking nancy.

Tell that to my dad. I would never leave them open.

The most I've killed are roaches, lizards and centipedes. Nothing bigger than the size of my index finger though.

Almost forgot. I did kill another thing before. It was a snake and what a freaky occurrence that was. It wasn't a big one (half a meter long maybe) and I'm pretty sure snakes around here aren't venomous, but I've never seen a live snake before, especially not in my area where they are kinda scarce. I didn't know what to do, so I decided I should kill it. The snake was hiding in a small space under a wall right next to the stairs. I grabbed a hoe and made it come out and then I almost cut it in half with one hit. It didn't feel good that time because I was a bit freaked out. I wouldn't have killed it if I had the knowledge and guts to capture it somehow and release him somewhere else.

Luckily there aren't many freaky looking creatures around here. No huge spiders or centipedes (the latter scare me more than anything).

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:56 AM

Saucepan, sheet of card, toss outside. Don't leave your doors open.

You f*cking nancy.

You'd dirty a good saucepan for some pest? Bait that bitch.

Then dispose of the carcase. Cement and rope is helpful.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:15 PM

I remember Sparrows would get into our chicken cage, and my dad told me they were a pest bird and drove the other birds away, so I went into the cage when all the sparrows were there and batted them with a pipe, and then crushed their skulls after I knocked them down.
I stopped doing it though, I started feeling really horrible about it.

Once I caught a baby rabbit, but the thing was sooo f*cking cute and fluffy my friend and I let it go.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

Once I caught a baby rabbit, but the thing was sooo f*cking cute and fluffy my friend and I let it go.

I read this before i read the top part, was going to say "aww" but... :panic:

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

I don't think I've ever killed anything other than insects and bugs. I had mice in my house a few months ago. We used "humane" traps but they weren't particularly humane because they just tended to trap a leg and the mouse would be running around with a plastic contraption stuck to it. So it looked like a human that got it's arm stuck in a vending machine.

They could still move around but they couldn't get very far, and they couldn't really hide. I just picked them up and put them in a bucket and then took them to this field behind my house and released them. I did actually contemplate killing one with a knife, it was in the bucket and couldn't really move. I had the knife in my hand and was psyching myself up to do it. But in the end I decided not to. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I guess it would have been pretty f*cked up as well since I had the chance to release it unharmed, and killing it wasn't necessary. It would just have been killing it for the sake of killing it.   

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

I've um, "heard" these work well...
C2AB61A8-54E2-4D82-86F9-9847A950C18E-433
Not like I own any illegal weapons like these or anything...

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

I've stamped on a few mice and pored weed killer down a mouse hole, must have been a few litres of the stuff. Propper agricultural weed killer too not your gardener crap.

afk4ever
  • afk4ever

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:06 PM Edited by afk4ever, 03 November 2013 - 09:07 PM.

I threw a large rock at a 5-year-old's face.

Does that count?  (it actually happened)

• nobum62 likes this

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:32 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 03 November 2013 - 09:33 PM.

I have so many blood stains on my walls from where I've squished moths. I really hate moths. I also have a dead spider stuck to the wall, it's been there a few weeks.

I remember a slightly bigger spider came in my room. It was big enough that I had the guts to kill it myself, but not too big that I'd run away. Picked a towel up off the bed, chucked it on top of the spider and stomped on it. Felt pretty good.

Rule of Two
  • Rule of Two

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

I've killed my fair share of pests and rodents. Not a big deal.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

*Contraption*

What is that?

I done this in year 2, throwing a "grenade" in the air and it coming down and hitting him on the head.

James Bond at a young age will do that..

afk4ever
  • afk4ever

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

*Contraption*

What is that?

I done this in year 2, throwing a "grenade" in the air and it coming down and hitting him on the head.

James Bond at a young age will do that..

What? No.

I recently threw a large rock at a 5-year-old's face with all my might, because he was being annoying.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:38 AM

The most of the pests I killed are insects that are very annoying; mosquitoes, flies, spiders. Just one of those insects that I killed sometimes because they're always pissing on me.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:41 AM Edited by AceKingston, 04 November 2013 - 02:43 AM.

I read the title as 'Ever killed any posts by yourself?'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users