Just Cause 2 - Worth playing?

15 replies to this topic
Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:50 PM Edited by AceKingston, 02 November 2013 - 06:51 PM.

OK, I'm not the type of guy who makes such topics, it is usually the opposite but I couldn't resist.

So I have watched tons of gameplay of JC 2 and it really does seem like a hell lot fun, I've heard from the community though some mixed reviews. Some say the game is fantastic while the others say it's OK.

Well I really enjoyed Prototype which was a fun game like JC 2 so do you guys think I'll enjoy JC 2 as well? I loved to blow sh*t up in Prototype so I was wondering if is the same here.

The map is intriguing, I don't care if it is lifeless as long as there is plenty of places to explore I am not bothered.

Basically is JC 2 worth playing? I play on PC and I heard that the game is a beauty on PC.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

Yeah, get it. It's awesome. I have over 150h on it. It's really cheap now.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

Yeah, get it. It's awesome. I have over 150h on it. It's really cheap now.

150 hours? Woah.

I just need something to hold my time off until V releases for PC.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

I have countless hours invested in Just Cause 2, you'll like it no matter what type of gamer you are, countless hours of immense fun and I'd say one of the most underrated games of this gen. 

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

I wouldn't call it underrated, it actually got really good reviews, it's just that some of the community says that it's a bit boring.

Just watched IGN's review and it does really seem good, I'm definitely getting it. I'm still open to opinions and discussions though. :^:

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

I wouldn't call it underrated, it actually got really good reviews, it's just that some of the community says that it's a bit boring.

Just watched IGN's review and it does really seem good, I'm definitely getting it. I'm still open to opinions and discussions though. :^:

I meant publicly underrated not critically, sorry just my overuse of the word.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:40 PM Edited by GtaIvFanboy, 02 November 2013 - 07:42 PM.

just cause 2 is like saints row the third in many ways lots of Crazy /  ott action but has a VERY poor Storyline (its not quite as bad though) i personally did not like it i played it for about 3 hours got bored and never picked it up again. 

DJ Arrt
  • DJ Arrt

Dreamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

Eh, It's a cool game. I had it and I played it for a bit and never touched it again though. I'd recommend it if you have a PC and could get the multiplayer/Or you could get it for cheap. :)

DonkeyEatingCheese
  • DonkeyEatingCheese

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:17 PM

Definitely. Especially on PC as it has some very cool mods. The story sucks but the gameplay is really fun.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:47 AM

One of the main mechanics of JC2 is literally just blowing things up for chaos, which unlock missions and side-missions. There's a lot you can blow up, which is nice. The game in general is just for fun, including the campaign - a nonsense storyline that's made just to do epic things. Don't read any spoilers, it'd be a lot better to play the final mission of the game without knowing anything beforehand. That's all I'll say.

Also, I've seen the mode on PC and they make the game a lot more fun, especially the JC:MP mod (multiplayer mod).

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:48 AM

It's ok, but I wouldn't call it anything special. The map is too big for how much it actually contains. It's so dull and dead, but looks nice.

The grappling hook is cool though.

• DeafMetal likes this

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Been saving it for a rainy day...

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:06 AM Edited by ExtremoMania, 03 November 2013 - 06:06 AM.

It's a great game, been playing it since last year after I got it from my cousin. I enjoyed playing it because the map was too big even for GTA V. Yet despite the story being too bland, it is very useful for sh*tload of fun in the open-world. Some features are also great especially the black market system. Very good game.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:26 AM Edited by DeafMetal, 03 November 2013 - 07:27 AM.

Definitely get it but don't expect GTA-grade quality. It''s a totally fun game but the settings gets very old as you progress. The map feels TOO big. It's a classic quantity > quality case, but a damn fun ride nonetheless. I have it for PS3 and Steam but never got around to finishing it because I got distracted and started other games. I have like 15 hours on the longest run, though, which is pretty good considering I didn't even finish it.

So basically, pick it up and you will have a blast, just don't expect for it to compete the usual open-world R* game. I'd say the open-world quality stacks up more to the likes of Ubisoft.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Blue lives don't matter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

Best NEW game of 2010. One of the best ever. Must play. On PC where it's flawless.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:21 AM

After having grinded through 1000/1000 and the 75% achievement I can say it is a great game.

The main downsides are that the driving sucks major balls, and so does the shooting mechanics, but for once neither of those matter in this game, because the majority of the time you are going to be spiderman with military weaponry so I can let those two things slide.

There is nothing more satisfying than grapple/parachuting yourself all over the insanely huge map, blowing up sh*t on your way through, and though the aircraft are slow they are pretty decent.

There is also a sh*t load of awesome easter eggs and really awesome areas.

For the price it currently would be at right now, it will easily be worth it, just to fly yourself around.

We REALLY need a Just Cause 3 with an updated engine and co-op.

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

Haven't you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:51 AM

If you can get it for $20 or less, it is definitely worth it. The story is pretty bare and the enviroment can be pretty repetitive but the freedom to do awesome tricks and stunts, is fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users