68 replies to this topic
Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

you know how it is man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

wtf wtf wtf

people don't care about the Rolling Stones anymore?! they're one of the few good British classic rock groups :(

however the lack of Stones isn't the main issue, they had people like Nazareth and James Gang in TLAD, but hardly any good classic rock tracks on Los Santos Rock, which I figured would've been a west coast replacement for Liberty Rock but not many great songs

ChillyPhilly
  • ChillyPhilly

Rock 'n' roll stops the traffic.

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

There's a huge amount of small-mindedness in this thread.

The Rolling Stones are one of the greatest bands to have ever existed. One of their songs would have been a major coup for the soundtrack of GTA V.

As has been said earlier, the cost of licensing one of the Stones' songs for use in the game would have been quite significant (the band themselves don't ask for much, but the record company and their lawyers do).

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

No The Who or The Doors either. 

But R* just gotta get the sh*tstream that most people like. Im glad there is no dubstep in this game.

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

Somebody should make a thread where they could show their radio station tracklist.

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:05 AM

By the way: If anyone would like to join my crew called Street Fighting Men, feel free to do so. The crew logo is the Rolling Stones' tongue & lip design. I just love walking around donning a Stones tee, like I do in real life a lot. I see some fans of the band here, so if you wanna, you can. It's only me in the crew, but I mostly made it sometime ago, to wear a Stones tee online.

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

Here's a pic of me in the Stones tee with the crew Granger.

f0e3132e4346d1ec96beb8c8da15a224.jpg
  • DeafMetal likes this

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

Nobody wants to? :-(

mdniterder
  • mdniterder

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

I would guess to secure the rights for the rolling stones, the Beatles the who, was just way out of their budget. Its not like they can just slap any song in the game because they want to, they have to get permission.

For me, I just turn the music off 90% of the time and listen to the city or whats going on around me.

What century are you in lol.

In this mans century if he wants music, he just downloads it for free "Maybe"

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

I would guess to secure the rights for the rolling stones, the Beatles the who, was just way out of their budget. Its not like they can just slap any song in the game because they want to, they have to get permission.

Mad Men I think it was, they used a Beatles tune "Tomorrow Never Knows" (medium-popular Beatles tune), and they had to pay $500,000.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users