Why is there no rolling stones music in gta 5

68 replies to this topic
Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

I would dig Street Fighting Man in this game. I don't know why, I find the song kind of obnoxious, but I think it would go well.

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:11 PM

Well, SFM would be good, but doesn't fit the vibe of the game. I'd go for something like Rocks Off.

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

The Stones are overrated....just like the Adder...who is mad?

:karmaeater:

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

The Stones are overrated....just like the Adder...who is mad?

:karmaeater:

What's there to be mad about? Opinions are like assholes. I like them, you don't. Why discuss that?

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

Dark grey background and somebody using black text. Must be a throwback from the unreadable Myspace. 

Anyway, any track from tattoo you would be vibe enough for GTA V. 

Gazolene
  • Gazolene

Villan

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

Opinions are like assholes. I like them, you don't.

That's gay as hell :p

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

Paint it Black would have been good in IV and Monkey Man would have been good for Trevor.

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

I'm more so dissapointed by the lack of songs by The Doors to be honest.
It all comes down to money

Its nowhere near my favourite song, but not having LA Woman in the game is almost criminal.

Galamatias
  • Galamatias

Hell_Libertine - President of Road Angels M.C.

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

I love Rolling Stones, definitly should've added Paint It Black or smething to GTA V. Also anyone else here would've loved if Johnny Cash was on Rebel Radio?

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:35 PM

I love Rolling Stones, definitly should've added Paint It Black or smething to GTA V. Also anyone else here would've loved if Johnny Cash was on Rebel Radio?

He is. General Lee is on there.

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:38 PM

lol

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

Because it's most likely that the guy who composed the radio station didn't know about them, or that the licencing cost was too heavy. Those guys are old and utter sh*t now, so they would probably take advantage and demand for a lot of money and it's going to help them increase their fame again. Even the hardcore fans don't like them anymore. Age catches up, you can't deny that. I remember when one of Michael Jackson's song was in Vice City and it cost them a fortune to put it in the game. Greedy bastards.

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:20 AM

Because it's most likely that the guy who composed the radio station didn't know about them, or that the licencing cost was too heavy. Those guys are old and utter sh*t now, so they would probably take advantage and demand for a lot of money and it's going to help them increase their fame again. Even the hardcore fans don't like them anymore. Age catches up, you can't deny that. I remember when one of Michael Jackson's song was in Vice City and it cost them a fortune to put it in the game. Greedy bastards.

The hardcore fans don't like them? How do you know? I know plenty of Stones fans who like them.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:59 AM

The Rolling Stones, Metallica, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Guns N Roses,The Beatles, etc are just some of the artists you wont see much of in video games these days due to their insane licence fee held by band members or lawyers. Or if the game dedicates a large portion being positive about said artists.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:20 AM

Frankly I'm disappointed that they didn't included Motley Crue, Ozzy Osbourne, Anthrax, Metallica, and other heavy/thrash metal icons on their radio list. :(

DSO_BillV
  • DSO_BillV

Spooky Scary Skeleton

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:51 AM

Chances are they probably couldn't get licensing. When COD used Gimme Shelter that was probably half the game's budget.

DSO_BillV
  • DSO_BillV

Spooky Scary Skeleton

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:53 AM

lol
He...is on Rebel Radio.

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:47 AM

Johnny Cash is there twice. General Lee and I Got Stripes.

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:51 AM

don't forget cocaine blues and jackson either

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:06 AM

Well, my favorite classic hard rock band AC/ DC is not there either, and I am pretty sure everyone on this forum has one too. So there is your answer.

don't forget cocaine blues and jackson either

Cocaine Blues is in the game? I don't think I've heard it and it's one of my favorites.

Peiva's Laahdin
  • Peiva's Laahdin

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:18 AM

Do you realize how much that would cost? Britney's and Rihanna's tracks are probably the reason why the game is so expensive.

The GTA Guy
  • The GTA Guy

The Frisker

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:22 AM

No one likes/Knows Stones? What? You people gotta be kidding me.. this isn't even ignorance anymore - it's something  even worse. I love Rolling Stones, and from what I've seen from replies, so do many others. And this isn't even one bit of percent of their fans. Age doesn't mean sh*t, if song is good then it's good.

Well, I actually care about them too. I have been a mega fan since 1998. They've been going for a long time, and they've certainly showed the world that they have the longevity. While I agree that it's strange to simply come on a GTA forum and wish for a certain song by a certain band, I also see quite a lot of people not knowing their sh*t when it comes to The Stones. Yeah it might be old timer music, but so what? It's still better than most of the crap from this generation. Music has went to sh*t. I don't hear anything worth digging that comes out today. I've seen The Stones in Copenhagen, London, Horsens and Brno, and I've been an active member of several communities over the year. Forums like IORR, RocksOff and Shidoobee. They all know me there. Not to mention that I have many, MANY, CDs, DVDs and memorabilia, so I think I know my sh*t when it comes to The Rolling Stones. Just to prove that point.
First off, to say that The Stones and California don't have a connection, you don't know what you're talking about. The whole Altamont thing, which was referenced in San Andreas several times, happened in California, so that's one, big, thing. Also, their most popular album, Exile On Main Street, was partly made in L.A. (Most people think it was in France, at Villa Nellcote, but many songs, and the whole mixing was made in L.A.). They also did a legendary, completely coked up, performance at the L.A. Forum in 1975, so there's been quite a few connections through the years. And to further the GTA connection, the song Under My Thumb was supposed to be in GTA IV.
It's true that The Stones' music is expensive to use, but that depends on what it's for. Mick Jagger is a financial genius, and if he wasn't a singe he'd probably work for Goldberg, Ligner and Schyster. When they licensed Start Me Up for Windows 95, it was reported they got 15 million for it. When they had Paint It Black in Guitar Hero, Jagger knew that it was a cheap way to get out to a younger audience, so he cut the price way down. That's the way it works for The Stones. Welcome to show business and the world of sex, drugs and rock 'n roll. The Stones wrote the book on that whole thing, so when you listen to your new up and coming rock band, or your rapper sitting with his bitches, just remember that The Stones did that WAY before, and that most of today's artist is only doing the same and don't invent something new.
But agreed: It was strange for the OP to just come on and wish for a Stones song. I'd just like to say that before you bash, you should know what you're talking about.

This guy is genius. Listen to him,

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:28 AM

No one likes/Knows Stones? What? You people gotta be kidding me.. this isn't even ignorance anymore - it's something  even worse. I love Rolling Stones, and from what I've seen from replies, so do many others. And this isn't even one bit of percent of their fans. Age doesn't mean sh*t, if song is good then it's good.

Well, I actually care about them too. I have been a mega fan since 1998. They've been going for a long time, and they've certainly showed the world that they have the longevity. While I agree that it's strange to simply come on a GTA forum and wish for a certain song by a certain band, I also see quite a lot of people not knowing their sh*t when it comes to The Stones. Yeah it might be old timer music, but so what? It's still better than most of the crap from this generation. Music has went to sh*t. I don't hear anything worth digging that comes out today. I've seen The Stones in Copenhagen, London, Horsens and Brno, and I've been an active member of several communities over the year. Forums like IORR, RocksOff and Shidoobee. They all know me there. Not to mention that I have many, MANY, CDs, DVDs and memorabilia, so I think I know my sh*t when it comes to The Rolling Stones. Just to prove that point.
First off, to say that The Stones and California don't have a connection, you don't know what you're talking about. The whole Altamont thing, which was referenced in San Andreas several times, happened in California, so that's one, big, thing. Also, their most popular album, Exile On Main Street, was partly made in L.A. (Most people think it was in France, at Villa Nellcote, but many songs, and the whole mixing was made in L.A.). They also did a legendary, completely coked up, performance at the L.A. Forum in 1975, so there's been quite a few connections through the years. And to further the GTA connection, the song Under My Thumb was supposed to be in GTA IV.
It's true that The Stones' music is expensive to use, but that depends on what it's for. Mick Jagger is a financial genius, and if he wasn't a singe he'd probably work for Goldberg, Ligner and Schyster. When they licensed Start Me Up for Windows 95, it was reported they got 15 million for it. When they had Paint It Black in Guitar Hero, Jagger knew that it was a cheap way to get out to a younger audience, so he cut the price way down. That's the way it works for The Stones. Welcome to show business and the world of sex, drugs and rock 'n roll. The Stones wrote the book on that whole thing, so when you listen to your new up and coming rock band, or your rapper sitting with his bitches, just remember that The Stones did that WAY before, and that most of today's artist is only doing the same and don't invent something new.
But agreed: It was strange for the OP to just come on and wish for a Stones song. I'd just like to say that before you bash, you should know what you're talking about.

Thanks dude.

About Johnny Cash: He only has 2 songs on the radio. Cocaine and Jackson aren't there, though it's two great songs. I could make a kick-ass classic rock radio, and most people wouldn't hear the other stations.

XxMASTACHOLOxX
  • XxMASTACHOLOxX

Spoderman sweg

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:35 AM

Did you ever think rockstar just didn't want any of their music in the game?

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

ask.fm/Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:46 AM

Black man complains about a rap song not being in the game = White people "Rap is utter sh*t! Take all of it off the game"

White man complains about a rock song not being in the game = White People "Rock is the utter savior of music. I dont know why it wasn't included"

ok....

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

It costs a lot of money to license Rolling Stones music.  In a film, where a particular song can make a huge difference, the expense might be justifiable.  But for a GTA game it just wouldn't be worth it.  We're talking hundreds of thousands for the use one of their songs.

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

Thanks dude.

About Johnny Cash: He only has 2 songs on the radio. Cocaine and Jackson aren't there, though it's two great songs. I could make a kick-ass classic rock radio, and most people wouldn't hear the other stations.

i got stripes is not in the game dawg

Loudy
  • Loudy

It's Magic!

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

A Robert Plant song costs less than a Led Zeppelin.

A Pete Townsend song costs less than one of the Who's songs.

It's a matter of fees in royalties paid to the owners of the song, (artists/band/publishers/etc...)

Rolling Stones songs would cost way too much to be added in the game.

And the argument that no-one cares about Rolling Stones is simply dumb, just have a look at their latest dates in the US... all tickets were sold.

blacktreacle
  • blacktreacle

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:38 AM Edited by blacktreacle, 04 November 2013 - 10:38 AM.

I'm more so dissapointed by the lack of songs by The Doors to be honest.

It all comes down to money

I know right? Five To One was in TLaD but honestly no rock song in the world would have fit the vibe of GTA V and LS better than L.A Woman by The Doors.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

Not a Rolling Stones fan so I am not bothered by it one bit, I muted the radio straight off after starting the game for the first time because the radio is terrible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users