Photo

Why is there no rolling stones music in gta 5

68 replies to this topic
tomm_vance
  • tomm_vance

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

When listening to most of the music on gta 5 i noticed that some well known artists and bands songs were featured in the game but yet again there was not one song by the rolling stones featured in the game which is dissapointing as rockstar could have included a rolling stones song which could have acknowledged  the rolling stones 50 year anniversary. Maybe rockstar are planning to add a rolling stones song to gta 5 dlc but its still dissapointing that one wasn't included in the main game.

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

Im guessing because there are only about 7 people alive that give a sh*t about the Rolling Stones anymore. It's unfortunate, but true. 99% of the gaming population think the Rolling Stones are something that happens during an earthquake.

• I SHADOWFOX I and 2281 like this

Gazolene
  • Gazolene

Villan

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

What century are you in lol.

tomm_vance
  • tomm_vance

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

What century are you in lol.

glad im not in your century of music

• askinnywhitedildo and Jay9928 like this

tomm_vance
  • tomm_vance

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

Im guessing because there are only about 7 people alive that give a sh*t about the Rolling Stones anymore. It's unfortunate, but true. 99% of the gaming population think the Rolling Stones are something that happens during an earthquake.

Not true your talking bullsh*t from your ass

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

Please explain to me Im "talking bullsh*t out of my ass" ...lol. I didn't say anything that wasn't truth so explain kid.

tomm_vance
  • tomm_vance

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:18 PM Edited by tomm_vance, 02 November 2013 - 03:19 PM.

Please explain to me Im "talking bullsh*t out of my ass" ...lol. I didn't say anything that wasn't truth so explain kid.

look kid you have right to a freedom of speech but im just going to come out and say that comment you posted about only 7 people caring about the rolling stones is complete and utter bullsh*t

tomm_vance
  • tomm_vance

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

if you got nothing good to say then dont say anything

Gazolene
  • Gazolene

Villan

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:21 PM

So far only you care about them, not even 7 people! Why did you pick out them instead of the Beatles or The Who or other legendary artists that havent had a track on Gta?

• lizardman563 likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

Chances are they probably couldn't get licensing. When COD used Gimme Shelter that was probably half the game's budget.

• JmanBassman and Funkwalrus like this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

I'm more so dissapointed by the lack of songs by The Doors to be honest.

It all comes down to money
  • DeafMetal and RowanSane like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

I don't think Rolling Stones are outdated but I do think it's funny that a generation that once said don't trust anybody over 30 are now considered outdated and old. People from the 60s, 70s and even 80s don't realize the fact that many younger people look at them the way they looked at Glenn Miller and that generation.

SoulTrain75
  • SoulTrain75

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

This song shoulda been in the game.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8kAU3B9Pi_U

Jack0711
  • Jack0711

Bugstar Employee

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

Because from what I've heard about those money grabbing the Rolling Stones, it would be very expensive to get their music on GTA. Then again... highest budget game ever... 

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

Mick Jagger is pretty money hungry and would ask for a lot of money for his songs to be used in a GTA game.

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:02 PM Edited by l911, 02 November 2013 - 05:03 PM.

im sure it is copyright thing no GTA game have stones and im sure Rockstar love them.

http://www.rockstarw...RS-TEE-ROLLN-BL

im sure That RS are a RS fan :-)

undrtow218
  • undrtow218

ehh..

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:09 PM

HAHAHAHAHA HOLY sh*t HAHAHAHAHA TALKING BULLsh*t FROM YOUR ASS HA

dude the rolling stones suck. GTA V takes place in a California based environment. The music is supposed to have a west coast vibe. Rolling Stones is f*cking British.

Jack0711
  • Jack0711

Bugstar Employee

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:41 PM Edited by Jack0711, 02 November 2013 - 05:49 PM.

dude the rolling stones suck. GTA V takes place in a California based environment. The music is supposed to have a west coast vibe. Rolling Stones is f*cking British.

Elton John, Small Faces, Simple Minds, Queen, The Alan Parsons Project, Julian Lennon, Def Leppard, Robert Plant, Gerry Rafferty, Phil Collins, The Cult and Steve Winwood are all on LSRR and are all British. 12 out of 23 songs (just over half) on LSRR are from British artists.

Sorry you look so stupid.

• boxmonster and lizardman563 like this

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:16 PM Edited by lizardman563, 02 November 2013 - 06:16 PM.

Elton John, Small Faces, Simple Minds, Queen, The Alan Parsons Project, Julian Lennon, Def Leppard, Robert Plant, Gerry Rafferty, Phil Collins, The Cult and Steve Winwood are all on LSRR and are all British. 12 out of 23 songs (just over half) on LSRR are from British artists.

You'll make his uneducated brain hurt. 

Gauntlet Hair
  • Gauntlet Hair

Pacifist, Pilot IRL.

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

So far only you care about them, not even 7 people! Why did you pick out them instead of the Beatles or The Who or other legendary artists that havent had a track on Gta?

Not to argue, but The Who DID have a song in GTA San Andreas. 

Jack0711
  • Jack0711

Bugstar Employee

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

Not to argue, but The Who DID have a song in GTA San Andreas. 

And one in GTA IV.

undrtow218
  • undrtow218

ehh..

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:41 PM

Yeah honestly after posting that and thinking about it I feel pretty stupid. Okay bad on my part.

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:25 PM

Your opinion is invalid. There is music in GTA V which people from Amsterdam would be partying to. It doesn't even matter where music is from as long as people enjoy it. Also, I'd pretty much say the Rolling Stones have a major California feeling, one of those cool 1960s vibes. I'm sorry but the majority of the music that I am familiar with isn't in the game. The only recognizable music type in GTA V which I was familiar with is rap. I'm not even a rap supporter.

Funkwalrus
  • Funkwalrus

We can't stop here, this is bat country!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:41 PM

All I wished for was a good Classic Rock, Alternative, and Indie station. About half the songs on all of those are decent (Except for LSR, that has some pretty good tunes for the most part)

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:44 PM

Rolling Stones suck. Whatever that is.

(Wait for it, wait for it...)

• RowanSane likes this

Gazolene
  • Gazolene

Villan

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

You are totally right, The Who do indeed have tracks on previous GTA's! Sorry guys!

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

Because whoever compiled the Rock station apparently doesn't like Rock music.

Safetytrousers
  • Safetytrousers

I bring flowers

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

Rockstar obviously can't get licence to use every track they might like to use. The music selection would be quite different if they could.

If you could use any track you wanted who would have picked the line up of tracks as it is? Nobody would, including Rockstar.

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:52 PM

Holy f*ck nit, the amount of ignorance from this guy talking about his "truth". I know for damn sure that there are many people who still enjoy the Rolling Stones, many, many people. And you to say otherwise and call it truth is by far one of the most insane things I've seen here. Gotta say there is some arrogance too with your title of "kid"  you so easily cast on others for a simple disagreement to an opinion that is so false, it's not even funny.

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:54 PM

Well, I actually care about them too. I have been a mega fan since 1998. They've been going for a long time, and they've certainly showed the world that they have the longevity. While I agree that it's strange to simply come on a GTA forum and wish for a certain song by a certain band, I also see quite a lot of people not knowing their sh*t when it comes to The Stones. Yeah it might be old timer music, but so what? It's still better than most of the crap from this generation. Music has went to sh*t. I don't hear anything worth digging that comes out today. I've seen The Stones in Copenhagen, London, Horsens and Brno, and I've been an active member of several communities over the year. Forums like IORR, RocksOff and Shidoobee. They all know me there. Not to mention that I have many, MANY, CDs, DVDs and memorabilia, so I think I know my sh*t when it comes to The Rolling Stones. Just to prove that point.
First off, to say that The Stones and California don't have a connection, you don't know what you're talking about. The whole Altamont thing, which was referenced in San Andreas several times, happened in California, so that's one, big, thing. Also, their most popular album, Exile On Main Street, was partly made in L.A. (Most people think it was in France, at Villa Nellcote, but many songs, and the whole mixing was made in L.A.). They also did a legendary, completely coked up, performance at the L.A. Forum in 1975, so there's been quite a few connections through the years. And to further the GTA connection, the song Under My Thumb was supposed to be in GTA IV.
It's true that The Stones' music is expensive to use, but that depends on what it's for. Mick Jagger is a financial genius, and if he wasn't a singe he'd probably work for Goldberg, Ligner and Schyster. When they licensed Start Me Up for Windows 95, it was reported they got 15 million for it. When they had Paint It Black in Guitar Hero, Jagger knew that it was a cheap way to get out to a younger audience, so he cut the price way down. That's the way it works for The Stones. Welcome to show business and the world of sex, drugs and rock 'n roll. The Stones wrote the book on that whole thing, so when you listen to your new up and coming rock band, or your rapper sitting with his bitches, just remember that The Stones did that WAY before, and that most of today's artist is only doing the same and don't invent something new.
But agreed: It was strange for the OP to just come on and wish for a Stones song. I'd just like to say that before you bash, you should know what you're talking about.
  • The GTA Guy likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users