Teenagers Pretending to be Psychopaths.

35 replies to this topic
GTAover9000
  • GTAover9000

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

seen on the internet many teenagers saying they're "psychopaths"

And they have all that emo gothic crap on their avatars.

True psychopaths are more rare than most people think.

If you can't torture a little kid without feeling guilty then you're not a psychopath.

And there's nothing good about it, so I'll never know why some people think it makes them special to think they are one. An emotionless shell.

Glad not to be one. Not sure why anyone would want to, though.

• Ramyhyday likes this

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

Gee, I wonder who that might be?

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:55 PM Edited by CatDog96, 10 November 2013 - 03:45 PM.

I am not a psychopath I'm not one I love christmas also.  :santa:

I AM DR DOOM

Doctor_Doom_003-2.GIF

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

I'm not quite sure how feeling no guilt whether it be torturing a kid or torturing an adult can differentiate what constitutes being a psychopath is. You're a grade A nutjob either way in my book.

Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:19 PM Edited by Trinette, 02 November 2013 - 03:24 PM.

I dread the outcome of his reaction when he sees this, man.

Actually this is like double whammy here now that I remember other topics. We've got a board o' 'psychopaths' :ph34r: :ph34r:

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

I dread the outcome of his reaction when he sees this, man.

Actually this is like double whammy here now that I remember other topics. We've got a board o' 'psychopaths' :ph34r: :ph34r:

Welcome to the internet, where every teen is a psychopath and the adults are shrinks.

GTAover9000
  • GTAover9000

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

I'm not quite sure how feeling no guilt whether it be torturing a kid or torturing an adult can differentiate what constitutes being a psychopath is. You're a grade A nutjob either way in my book.

a true psychopath feels no remorse for their actions against others.

So, if a person doesn't have the stomach to torture a kid then they're not a psychopath.

We're all capable of doing evil things. But we all have our limits to how far we'll go.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

a true psychopath feels no remorse for their actions against others.

So, if a person doesn't have the stomach to torture a kid then they're not a psychopath.

We're all capable of doing evil things. But we all have our limits to how far we'll go.

I was more so alluding to your 'singling out' example of torturing kids to describe a psychopath when you could've simply said torturing people/another person. I know, I know, I'm being a nit-p®ick. I had a pretty sh*t sleep last night, so please forgive me friend.

Mad_Maxine
  • Mad_Maxine

ʇnɥʍ

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

Once again, the word psychopaths has just been used to describe People who torture children etc, Being psychotic is just a personality disorder, Sure... Some psychopaths have no empathy.

So yeah The reson Teenagers wand to be known as psychopaths, is because psychos are known for having lower levels of fear, sometimes no empathy, being mean, so.. Its just the same old case of teens wanting people to think they are 'Bad Ass' even tho most emos are depressed people that are clearly not psychopaths?

Anyway just emos wanting to seem more badass. I once did a devint art search on Massacare, what happend? Well I found out that emo girls tend to call themselves.. there first name. and then Massacare. Megan massacare, Mary Massacare, Stacy Massacare, Whatever... Just another sad case of teenagers all wanting to be diffrent, by acting like everyone else.

• darthYENIK likes this

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

You sure it wasn't massacre?

Mad_Maxine
  • Mad_Maxine

ʇnɥʍ

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:32 PM Edited by Mad_Maxine, 02 November 2013 - 06:47 PM.

Ya... that word

I did not think it was so unredable that it needed odbviusly pointing out in another post tho.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

Grammar Nazi 4 lyfe.

Jeone
  • Jeone

question authority

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:46 AM

I might be a psychopaths

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

That depends, do you like to torture slow kids and small animals?

Jeone
  • Jeone

question authority

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

That depends, do you like to torture slow kids and small animals?

No

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

Then I think it's safe to say you're not a psychopath.

Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

I might be a psychopaths

Noooo. You're just a bear. :ph34r: :ph34r:

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

Did somebody say grilled...bear?

bear-grylls-knife-1-286.jpg

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

When I was eleven stoicism was pretty attractive. I wanted to be an unthinking, unfeeling brick wall. For fun. I think it had something to do with the goths at our school being really tall, and big, and uninterested in everything. Like Mad_Maxine said, it was about wanting to be a badass, and when you spend your time watching Invader Zim and playing Newgrounds games (ie. in Middle School) goths and psychopaths are definitely badass.

afk4ever
  • afk4ever

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

How do you know they're teenagers?

You don't.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

DON'T TOUCH ME YOU FILTHY CASUAL

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:38 PM Edited by MrPeteyMax, 05 November 2013 - 12:56 PM.

If you can't torture a little kid without feeling guilty then you're not a psychopath.

276253_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Jackie-Chan_

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

I might be a psychopaths

Psychopaths

Well, believing you're multiple beings is certainly a worrying sign either way.

• make total destroy likes this

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

I think the most fitting explanation as to why people want to be psychopaths is to be " Edgy and cool".

Nope, you just look like a moron.

Mad_Maxine
  • Mad_Maxine

ʇnɥʍ

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:21 AM

I have multiple personalitys... strangly they are all exactly the same.

Yeah What...... the guy above me said. I cant even try to say, or type your name, But yeah 'Edgy Cool!'

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:21 AM

I won't lie, I genuinely don't believe that psychopathy exists in the traditional form.

No empathy? Impossible, utterly impossible. Even if a man gushes over a newborn baby or strokes a passing cat, that is in itself a display of human warmth - and there are many other forms of it that all of us, no matter how damaged, are capable of.

Psychopathy exists as a mental illness, a genuine condition which people struggle with and take medication for. That does not negate their ability to feel love, it simply means that they have 'episodes' in which they lack the empathy of others.

But a slasher movie-esque villain who silently murders women and children and puppy dogs? Impossible. I refuse to believe anyone on the planet is wholly without compassion or warmth.

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:53 AM

If someone pretends to be a pschyopath for any reason they are crazy....I'm think I am missing the point of your post

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

If You Know What I Mean

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:13 AM Edited by The Pizza Delivery Guy, 04 November 2013 - 04:14 AM.

I didn't necessarily think I came off as a psycho, but when I heard I was named "Most likely to go to prison" in last year's yearbook voting, I guess I look crazy. Cutting off my flowing lochs probably reduced my craziness appearance(?)

Let me ask, are people more crazy if they premeditate or just randomly murder?

MadClownBadDub
  • MadClownBadDub

Gampo

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

Gentleman, ladies, hope you're all having a lovely day,

Saw this thread and it piqued my interests. There's a few misunderstandings here. While we tend to idolize 'psychopaths' and 'sociopaths' (as evidenced by our preferred choice in entertainment  ;) ) in the real world, more often than not, instead of having the type of mastermind, no remorse, American Psycho mindset, 'psychopaths' are simply extremely disturbed individuals who have a hard time differentiating reality from their inner delusions and feelings, which leads to actions that would be interpreted as 'remorseless'. More often than not, when walking through the psych floor of a hospital, you'll find not 'psychopaths' but psychotics. These are not masterminds with the empathy of Tommy Vercetti. These are people who believe the government or their dead grandmother is beaming math problems and secret codes into their heads. The problem with these terms is that psychopathy and sociopathy encompasses a large range of mental health disorders. Instead of fearing these folks, we need to help them. I don't claim to be a professional or anything, but unfortunately I have spent a major part of the past year in and out of therapy and the hospital. I suffered a Brief Psychotic Episode about a year ago. The most terrifying experience of my life, hands down. Don't really get to talk about this much in my every day life, and you folks are a great group of people. Thanks. Hope some of you found this interesting.

TL;DR, Psychopaths are much less common than psychotics, and both sociopathy and psychopathy are vague terms that sum up a variety of disorders.

• PaletoChickenCapo likes this

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

I won't lie, I genuinely don't believe that psychopathy exists in the traditional form.
No empathy? Impossible, utterly impossible. Even if a man gushes over a newborn baby or strokes a passing cat, that is in itself a display of human warmth - and there are many other forms of it that all of us, no matter how damaged, are capable of.

Psychopathy exists as a mental illness, a genuine condition which people struggle with and take medication for. That does not negate their ability to feel love, it simply means that they have 'episodes' in which they lack the empathy of others.

But a slasher movie-esque villain who silently murders women and children and puppy dogs? Impossible. I refuse to believe anyone on the planet is wholly without compassion or warmth.

I'll contend that children are the least capable of empathy. Their purity necessitates that they are void of human experience, and they consequently are unable to relate to the experiences of others until they are taught and conditioned properly. Adorable little devils, they are.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:25 PM Edited by whatsstrength, 09 November 2013 - 07:26 PM.

They want to be Patrick Bateman.  :sarcasm:

It sucks because 4chan turned a great movie (I liked the book more though) into a sh*tty meme that's attracted a bunch of teenagers who want to emulate Patrick by being dark and edgy. It's now an embarrassment to call myself an American Psycho fan because of what it's been turned into. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users