Photo

why such bad metal?

54 replies to this topic
CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:46 AM

That feel when there's more songs in Spanish than there are metal songs in the game. f*ck you rockstar

ShootPeopleNotDope
  • ShootPeopleNotDope

kill the cop inside your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:50 AM

"Why such bad metal"??? Dude, there's no metal in the game to start with

This, its f*cking punk! They mention a thousand times on Channel X that they are a PUNK exclusive station.

Though, I have no idea why classical was left out. I don't think SA or VC had a classical station either come to think about it. Methinks only Liberty has classical stations and not SA.

Why do they have punk in the game anyway and not metal? From what I understand, metal is way more popular,

All of the bands on Channel X are early LA/So-Cal punk bands, with the exception of OFF! Metal is definitely more popular, but look at the 80s LA metal scene, juxtaposed to the 80s LA punk scene. One was a violent, aggressive subculture, ripe with gangs and riots, and the other was the 80s LA metal scene. If you think about it in this context, it makes a hell of a lot more sense.

EDIT: LA is also arguably the birthplace of hardcore punk. 

Look at this guy trying to convince metal heads that punk is more suitable. We're not followers so no it doesn't make sense if you look at it in our context.

American death metal was born in Cali and then they jizzed all over the punk scene but punk liked it so much that they just kept comin back for more and more cumshots.

I'm not trying to convince "metal heads"--can you please be more vague?--of anything. The fact of the matter is, the LA punk scene was highly influential, leaving a mark not only on the punk scene itself, but on extreme music in general. The LA "metal scene", however, was a complete and total embarrassment. Poison? Warrant? Metallica? Do you think these bands made good music? Do you think these bands actually had anything to say? Do you think their influence expanded beyond their sexist, cocaine-induced, groupie-f*cking ghetto? On one hand, you have a nihilistic, violent scene that changes the face of modern music forever. On the other, you have big hair, cocaine, and spandex; You have cash vs. substance.

Without hardcore punk bands like Discharge (UK), there would be no black metal. Without hardcore punk bands like Siege, Extreme Noise Terror, and Napalm Death, there would be no grindcore, nor death metal. And without the LA punk scene, none of these sub-genres would exist in the first place. Hardcore punk was born in LA, and music was literally never the same, including the "metal" you love so much.'

TL;DR

-the metal scene was/is "safe"

-there is no connection to gang culture

-sh*t sucks

-you're f*cking clueless

• IveGotNoValues likes this

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:17 AM

Radio x of old san andreas was great. I hate the metal of hd san andreas

ShootPeopleNotDope
  • ShootPeopleNotDope

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:20 AM

I mean, nevermind the fact that this is the scene that gave birth to slam-dancing/moshing and stage-dives.

If they're not recording love ballads, I'm not interested. 

^"metal head" logic

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:40 AM

I really like the Rock station in this game.

I don't think Heavy Metal is that fitting for GTA V setting. I would also take Channel X over a Metal anyway, although the Punk rock play list is not really that great in GTA V.

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

This, its f*cking punk! They mention a thousand times on Channel X that they are a PUNK exclusive station.

Though, I have no idea why classical was left out. I don't think SA or VC had a classical station either come to think about it. Methinks only Liberty has classical stations and not SA.

Why do they have punk in the game anyway and not metal? From what I understand, metal is way more popular,

All of the bands on Channel X are early LA/So-Cal punk bands, with the exception of OFF! Metal is definitely more popular, but look at the 80s LA metal scene, juxtaposed to the 80s LA punk scene. One was a violent, aggressive subculture, ripe with gangs and riots, and the other was the 80s LA metal scene. If you think about it in this context, it makes a hell of a lot more sense.

Look at this guy trying to convince metal heads that punk is more suitable. We're not followers so no it doesn't make sense if you look at it in our context.

American death metal was born in Cali and then they jizzed all over the punk scene but punk liked it so much that they just kept comin back for more and more cumshots.

I'm not trying to convince "metal heads"--can you please be more vague?--of anything. The fact of the matter is, the LA punk scene was highly influential, leaving a mark not only on the punk scene itself, but on extreme music in general. The LA "metal scene", however, was a complete and total embarrassment. Poison? Warrant? Metallica? Do you think these bands made good music? Do you think these bands actually had anything to say? Do you think their influence expanded beyond their sexist, cocaine-induced, groupie-f*cking ghetto? On one hand, you have a nihilistic, violent scene that changes the face of modern music forever. On the other, you have big hair, cocaine, and spandex; You have cash vs. substance.

Without hardcore punk bands like Discharge (UK), there would be no black metal. Without hardcore punk bands like Siege, Extreme Noise Terror, and Napalm Death, there would be no grindcore, nor death metal. And without the LA punk scene, none of these sub-genres would exist in the first place. Hardcore punk was born in LA, and music was literally never the same, including the "metal" you love so much.'

TL;DR
-sh*t sucks
-you're f*cking clueless

Punk f*cking sucks and can suck my heavy metal dick!
  • Sting4S likes this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

IMO

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

um theres no metal at all in this game.. the closest thing they have is punk

f*ck you R*! bring back 80s metal:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=B5b1q_EUIBc

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ZO6giM9UAv0

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=2DfYLar2QGI

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=hOzulXud52I

they have alot of nerve to call their company "Rockstar" yet not have a metal station in their games since VC

Literally no good rock songs. Really fking poor R*.

That feel when there's more songs in Spanish than there are metal songs in the game. f*ck you rockstar

LMAO, these comments.

Are you guys serious?

You say the f word to Rockstar just because some radio channel is: "not good enough?".

Go away from this forum and never come back.....trolls.

ps:

Use playlist, ;)

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:48 AM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 03 November 2013 - 11:52 AM.

It felt wrong for Los Santos Rock Radio to have metal like Def Leppard's "Photograph" mixed in with soft/pop rock like "Only a Fool Believes", "Higher Love" and especially "If You Leave Me Now" by Chicago. There should have been two sections of the radio. One hosted by Loggins that played soft rock/power pop and another hosted by someone else that played hard rock/metal. Soft and hard rock just doesn't mesh together at all.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:46 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 03 November 2013 - 12:47 PM.

I liked Channel X. The songs there actually had a bit of rhythm to them, as opposed to the "DRUM DRUM DRUM BANG BANG RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH SCREAM SCREAM SCREAM DRUM DRUM BANG SCREAM BANG DRUM DRUM BANG CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" crap that plagued LCHC.

"OH BUT LCHC ISN'T THE ROCK THAT I LIKE IT'S TECHNICAL POST PROGRESSIVE METALCORE" I hear you cry. Please, tell me the difference between the crap YOU like, and the crap on LCHC.
  • ThroatSlasher2 likes this

ShootPeopleNotDope
  • ShootPeopleNotDope

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

TL;DR
-sh*t sucks
-you're f*cking clueless

You mentioned that. 

Liquid_Snake_LosSantos
  • Liquid_Snake_LosSantos

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:40 AM

But couldn't they put in new radio stations as DLC?

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:03 PM

TL;DR
-sh*t sucks
-you're f*cking clueless

You mentioned that. 

Well... get suckin then.

ShootPeopleNotDope
  • ShootPeopleNotDope

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

TL;DR
-sh*t sucks
-you're f*cking clueless

You mentioned that. 

Well... get suckin then.

Present said dick, please.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

To begin with, there is not even metal in the game :cry:, Channel X is a punk station. 

HomemadeNapalm
  • HomemadeNapalm

Could I interest you in some fine Methamphetamine?

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:09 AM

UN DOS TRES QUATRO BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:37 AM

Some bands they neglected :

Aerosmith

Linkin Park

Hoobastank

Green Day

Metallica

Sugar Ray

Kid Rock

The list goes on and on. Although I'm not a huge fan of Kid Rock or Sugar Ray, they DO have some songs I like.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:14 AM

Metal's overrated IMO

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:52 AM

I want to know why there's like two stations for each genre.  I'd trade one of those punk rock stations for a metal station.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:17 AM

Van Halen

ACDC

Slayer

Megadeth

Metallica

Obviously Ivan Polvich is very out-of-touch with good music. I can't believe that R* let that crap out the door. Hell, even hair bands is missing, not to mention some of the top 40's stuff from 80's and early 90's like Huey Lewis & the news, Bryan Adams, and stuff like that. V easily has the worst soundtrack of any game. Saints Row's music is levels better. WTF happened R*? Too much yoga or sumthin?

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Dont take anything for granted, it could all be gone soon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:51 AM

I want to know why there's like two stations for each genre.  I'd trade one of those punk rock stations for a metal station.

What do you mean? There's only one Punk station.

ChainFire
  • ChainFire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:47 AM

I love that there's actually a thread on this! Saints Row 3/4 had awesome radio stations, and I miss my old metal stations from the old GTA games. I think the Rock/Punk/Reggae stations need an overhaul, PLUS we need a proper metal station. Even if its just popular, predictable crap. 

But if they were adventurous like the Brutal Legends soundtrack, then hell yea I'd be onboard!

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:20 AM

I liked Channel X. The songs there actually had a bit of rhythm to them, as opposed to the "DRUM DRUM DRUM BANG BANG RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH SCREAM SCREAM SCREAM DRUM DRUM BANG SCREAM BANG DRUM DRUM BANG CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" crap that plagued LCHC.

"OH BUT LCHC ISN'T THE ROCK THAT I LIKE IT'S TECHNICAL POST PROGRESSIVE METALCORE" I hear you cry. Please, tell me the difference between the crap YOU like, and the crap on LCHC.

LOL. Come on, don't tell me you hate that lovely song in TLAD that sounds like this '' RAAAAAAH RAAAAAAH RAAAAAAH ! RAAAAAAH RAAAAAAH RAAAAAAH ! RAAAAAAH RAAAAAAH RAAAAAAH ! RAAAAAAH RAAAAAAH RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH !! ''

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=bVKy2Va7Ds0

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:26 AM

What do you mean? There's only one Punk station.

There's Channel X, and then there's Vinewood Boulevard Radio.  Well, I'm not sure if it's the same genre, but the songs on that station sound similar enough to be grouped with the ones on Channel X.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Go eat your mom's ass

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:49 AM Edited by B Dawg, 05 November 2013 - 10:50 AM.

Don't diss my metal, or we'll have to SLAUGHTER YOU :devil:

Spoiler

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

Should have had a doom station, that would have worked. For me. Maybe. I don't even know what I'm saying. I can't even read. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users