Photo

Wii U Thread

15 replies to this topic
gzilla46
  • gzilla46

Megatron

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

I did say back on another thread how I think that Wii U is undeserving of its harsh treatment, and I think all consoles should be treated equally (except Xbox One, that f***ing sucks). 

Well, I checked and there were no Wii U threads that I could see, so I decided to start my own. This is the place to talk about things Wii U.

So, the funny thing is, I was looking at places to see how Wii U was doing in sales as of now, and I was surprised at what I found.

Quote from Wikipedia:

Following the system's $50 price cut and the release of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD on September 20, Wii U sales in North America saw a 200 percent rise over August.[149] From July to September 2013 the system sold approximately 300,000 units, which was up 87 per cent from the three months prior. Despite only having sold 460,000 consoles in the US since April, Nintendo has maintained its 9 million Wii U sales forecast for the fiscal year through March 2014. Wii U software showed improvement in the Q2 period, reaching 5.27 million units - a 400 per cent jump on the previous quarter. Nintendo credited the software growth to key first-party releases such as Pikmin 3 and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD.

While that is not as good as it should be, it isn't enough I think for Nintendo to go out of business.

What do you think of the Wii U?

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:57 PM

f*ck nintendo in the eye I'll only buy a Wii u when they make N64 quality games again.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

There have been tons of games that have been far better than can be found for the N64.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

There have been tons of games that have been far better than can be found for the N64.

Examples please I don't play many games so what would you recommend. 

gzilla46
  • gzilla46

Megatron

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

I do think people are too hard on this console and I don't get why,

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

I don't get how you're like "have some sympathy for the Wii U" then you're like "Xbox One sucks".

gzilla46
  • gzilla46

Megatron

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

I don't get how you're like "have some sympathy for the Wii U" then you're like "Xbox One sucks".

I'm not the only one that thinks this. A lot of people say Wii U doesn't deserve the hate while the Xbox One does.

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

I'm not the only one that thinks this. A lot of people say Wii U doesn't deserve the hate while the Xbox One does.

And a lot of people think the opposite, so yeah.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Bruce

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:17 PM

My opinion of the Wii U is much like my view on gay marriage.

I've got nothing against it but I also couldn't care less about it and don't even consider it worth discussing.

gzilla46
  • gzilla46

Megatron

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

And a lot of people think the opposite, so yeah.

Whether people like the Wii U or they don't, I do hope sales pick up soon. Because Nintendo needs it, and Nintendo needs it fast.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:31 PM

Depends on what kinds of games you like but here are the games I think have been major improvements overall since the N64 era:

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Super Mario Sunshine

Super Mario Galaxy

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Kirby's Return to Dreamland

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Of course not all were directly made by Nintendo themselves but they were still certainly produced by them.

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 likes this

DJ Arrt
  • DJ Arrt

Dreamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:51 PM

I would rather get a Wii U than a PS4/Xbox One at this point.  :yingyang:

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:52 AM

Depends on what kinds of games you like but here are the games I think have been major improvements overall since the N64 era:

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Super Mario Sunshine

Super Mario Galaxy

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Kirby's Return to Dreamland

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Of course not all were directly made by Nintendo themselves but they were still certainly produced by them.

You forgot Twilight Princess, that game is like a OoT remake. Even some of the classic dungeons like The Temple of Time returned in it. Even lost Woods, I think it was called Sacred Grove though. Lot of people didn't like it but to some the game was a masterpiece.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:03 AM Edited by Joe Chip, 03 November 2013 - 02:08 AM.

I'm considering getting one for Christmas. Prices seem affordable, but the new Smash bros title and the rest of the upcoming regulars are all that's really attracting me right now.

Anything else coming out for it? I'd prefer if it was exclusive to the console.

The Wonderful 101 looks pretty fun. Anyone play it?

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:12 AM

I'm gonna wait until the Wii U Zelda comes out and then i'll get one. Or if Diddy Kong Racing 2 comes out before that (most likely will not) I'll buy it straight away.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:36 AM

Unfortunately I can't afford one...being unemployed sucks.  But as far as the WiiU goes there aren't too many games out right now that I want anyway.  Sonic's new game looked interesting now that most of em have gotten kind of stale, but now I'm not so sure about it.  Wind Waker HD looks good but not enough of a major improvement to warrant buying the console for it alone.  

I'll wait for details about it before deciding anything.  I disliked Twilight Princess, and loved Skyward Sword because it seemed almost the polar opposite in its design, but now the seem to want to dumb it down again because idiots cried about good level design and good motion controls.  I believe it was Anouma?  Maybe Miyamoto?  who talked about getting inspiration from playing Skyrim recently and that honestly has me very worried.  It's an ok game by itself but absolutely nothing I want in a Zelda game aside from general open endedness - which is something they could simply get from the original on the NES.  I'd rather they get inspiration from something like Dark Souls, if anything; less clunkiness, no boring empty large expanses of nothing and instead interesting level design, much more challenging than any of the recent Zelda games have been, lore that is open to some interpretation, etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users