Photo

Disabling missile lock?

9 replies to this topic
Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:07 PM

The Buzzard's missile lock is more trouble than it's worth; I just lost three kills in a row because of it. Had a bus full of players dead to rights with my dumbfire missile, but then the damn thing decided to lock on to a cop car two blocks over instead. It's also a pain in the ass during missions, since it almost invariably results in your missile tracking straight into the ground if your target's moving away from you at a decent speed. It'd be MUCH easier to simply lead your target, rather than being forced to fly almost perpendicular to your target and hope your rocket doesn't smash into the ground.

So is there any way to toggle aircraft missile lock? Or disable it completely?

• marco-polo likes this

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:18 AM

No I wish though.

I wish we could lock on other targets too not just Military & Police and have the ability to disable them too or be able to select our target like using the D-Pad to switch between targets

vashts1985
  • vashts1985

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:58 AM

wish it was more like saints row. one of the few little things they did much better.

Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

Damn, I just lost a whole MESS of kills 'cuz of this stupid missile lock. I caught a Level 6 noob out in the desert without his car, but thanks to mile-off cop cars deflecting my shots, I only got to blow him up three, maybe four times before he ragequit.

Does R* have a suggestion line? Because this is a problem that could be fixed in under a minute, and it's really defeating the point of having aircraft.

Njale
  • Njale

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

That's why in san andreas there was a button for auto locking.

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

Our UAV is online!

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

The lock-on is truly annoying and useless. I was a MARKSMAN with the BOGT Buzzard. I knew exactly where to place my shots WITHOUT a reticle, and it only took 1-2 shots to hit a moving target. I say get rid of lock-on and teach players how to lead their target. Or at least make the lock-on system selective so that players can choose whether the system searches for law enforcement or player targets in an either/or setup. Personally though, I can hit a car traveling top speed at a quarter-mile away with one shot. I do it REGULARLY. The lock-on was made for nubs who've never played an air combat game in their lives (my opinion).

Jehannum
  • Jehannum

High in the sky

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:41 PM

You're right ... I used to be so bloody accurate with the Buzzard missiles in GTA 4, now I'm worse than a blind noob because of the auto-lock.

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

10 mins in that chopper is giving me head ace.

stupid wobbling effect, what where they thinking !!!!

and its missiles hit everything BUT the target.

even a jetpack would of been more useful then this peace of crap!!!

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

Damn, I just lost a whole MESS of kills 'cuz of this stupid missile lock. I caught a Level 6 noob out in the desert without his car, but thanks to mile-off cop cars deflecting my shots, I only got to blow him up three, maybe four times before he ragequit.

Does R* have a suggestion line? Because this is a problem that could be fixed in under a minute, and it's really defeating the point of having aircraft.

Serves you right for being a c*nt

My suggestion, don't be a c*nt.

I'm glad of it, it means we're all sh*t at it. No more elitist Buzzard twats who think they're hard for firing a missile. It evens things out, which is good. IF you don't like it, parachute out and, on landing, whip out your RPG or sticky bombs.
Sorted.

• Startug likes this

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

Our UAV is online!

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

Yeah here's a suggestion for YOU, stop being a dick. Maybe karma won't come around to bite you in the ass so much lol.

• Startug likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users