Photo

Holy crap is it hard to go back to GTA IV after playing this

87 replies to this topic
Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:15 AM

GTAV certainly has better shooting mechanics,s o the older GTA games would be harder to go back to.

In driving, however, GTA IV is the superior one so after driving in IV I'd find it odd having to go back to V.

See, there it is again. People saying GTA IV's driving is "superior."

Superior in what way? Do you find it more realistic or something? Because it's not.

Yeah I'm still trying to figure out how driving a sports car like the comet and feeling like I'm driving a Buick Roadmaster is far superior than what we have in V but w/e..

Indeed. I can say from personal experience of driving a 436 horsepower C6 Corvette 2009 that no GTA IV, that is not how high end sports cars handles. You can get away with making sh*tty sedans handle like boats (which they STILL shouldn't handle that poorly) but high end sports cars? No.

But exactly like the other guy said on the previous page, humans don't like change. A 5 year gap from GTA IV to V means a lot of humans got used to the sh*tty handling in IV and now that there's massive change their minds explode and they miss the old thing. I used to LOVE GTA IV's handling but after playing V for a solid month I can confidently say that IV's handling is awful. Simply, awful. It is so far from what reality is, it's scary that I once even defended it.

Same here. I used to cry blasphemy with the physic changes. We just got really used to them the past 5 years. Imagine playing V with them, it just wouldn't work. You would total a dozen cars before crossing the map.

No, I would pass all the missions WITHOUT f*ckING CRASHING!! Cause I mastered the driving in IV.... It was awesome cause it just felt realistic, you felt the car's weight and  everyone online had a different type of driving skill... Now, ever car feels the same, it's just dumbed down. That's the reality .

Please explain how the driving is dumbed down? 

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:18 AM Edited by Mr_Goldcard, 04 November 2013 - 05:20 AM.

GTAV certainly has better shooting mechanics,s o the older GTA games would be harder to go back to.

In driving, however, GTA IV is the superior one so after driving in IV I'd find it odd having to go back to V.

Superior in what way? Do you find it more realistic or something? Because it's not.

Yeah I'm still trying to figure out how driving a sports car like the comet and feeling like I'm driving a Buick Roadmaster is far superior than what we have in V but w/e..

Indeed. I can say from personal experience of driving a 436 horsepower C6 Corvette 2009 that no GTA IV, that is not how high end sports cars handles. You can get away with making sh*tty sedans handle like boats (which they STILL shouldn't handle that poorly) but high end sports cars? No.

But exactly like the other guy said on the previous page, humans don't like change. A 5 year gap from GTA IV to V means a lot of humans got used to the sh*tty handling in IV and now that there's massive change their minds explode and they miss the old thing. I used to LOVE GTA IV's handling but after playing V for a solid month I can confidently say that IV's handling is awful. Simply, awful. It is so far from what reality is, it's scary that I once even defended it.

Same here. I used to cry blasphemy with the physic changes. We just got really used to them the past 5 years. Imagine playing V with them, it just wouldn't work. You would total a dozen cars before crossing the map.

No, I would pass all the missions WITHOUT f*ckING CRASHING!! Cause I mastered the driving in IV.... It was awesome cause it just felt realistic, you felt the car's weight and  everyone online had a different type of driving skill... Now, ever car feels the same, it's just dumbed down. That's the reality .

It feels as if I'm playing Saints Row... Way too responsive... When  I make a corner, I don't even have to tap A to corner, I just press the gas and it goes straight to the corner.... In IV, to make a corner I had to tap A a little bit, tap the brakes twice, and then press on the gas to make a perfect sharp turn and it gave me that sense of accomplishment... Oh and a Infernus climbing a mountain?? What the f*ck?? It's not an off road vehicle.

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:29 AM

It feels as if I'm playing Saints Row... Way too responsive... When  I make a corner, I don't even have to tap A to corner, I just press the gas and it goes straight to the corner.... In IV, to make a corner I had to tap A a little bit, tap the brakes twice, and then press on the gas to make a perfect sharp turn and it gave me that sense of accomplishment... Oh and a Infernus climbing a mountain?? What the f*ck?? It's not an off road vehicle.

Agree on the last part. What's even more ridiculous is that police cars can actually climb those too and chase you. Meh, adds a little more fun. I found the driving physics to be quite pleasant actually. I like how the chassis of the car's body doesn't wobble side to side as frequently anymore. I still have to tap the brakes to make a nice, tirght turn in V too, don't know what you're talking bout. 

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:31 AM

I like how the chassis of the car's body doesn't wobble side to side as frequently anymore.

That's exactly what I'm talking about... The car has no weight! No weight = No Drifting = No Fun

• lazy. likes this

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:42 AM

GTA IV feels clunky as hell. I can't enjoy it like other GTAs.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:51 AM

GTA IV was headed towards a new direction. It headed towards more realism, psychics and driving, and a darker and more serious story. But all the San Andreas fanboys came out and cried about how "the missions are so boring, i cant drive!, why cant niko stand still in a moving car!" All of these thing affected the way Rockstar made their next game. GTA V. This is the result. Good game, but could've been better. Way better. If there is any advice Rockstar can take, is not to take advice from fanboys.

• tom_p1980 and B Dawg like this

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:04 AM

Car physics in IV was fine, they should just change handling a little bit to make cars easier to turn corners (less realistic but not this what we got) but they just copy-paste NFS handling and damage. Damage is not FUN or REALISTIC either, cars should blow up after some damage just like in GTA IV but what we got is undriveable car because the wheels stuck. I tried once to blow up car not using any kind of weapon and I hit the wall with my cars about 100 TIMES and still it didnt blow up

• tom_p1980 likes this

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:43 AM

Car physics in IV was fine, they should just change handling a little bit to make cars easier to turn corners (less realistic but not this what we got) but they just copy-paste NFS handling and damage. Damage is not FUN or REALISTIC either, cars should blow up after some damage just like in GTA IV but what we got is undriveable car because the wheels stuck. I tried once to blow up car not using any kind of weapon and I hit the wall with my cars about 100 TIMES and still it didnt blow up

Copy and paste Nfs handling, they don't even own the franchise. Wtf. 100 times really? And you could still drive it? I think you are exaggerating.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:54 AM Edited by tom_p1980, 04 November 2013 - 08:55 AM.

Played some GTA4 over the weekend and I can't believe how awesome the handling was. Played Saints Row 4 too and that is closer to the handling of GTA5.

Just can't believe how many people still play GTA4 online, it looks like there's more playing it now than prior to the release of GTA5.

You'd think there would be less.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:03 AM Edited by zielarz119, 04 November 2013 - 09:04 AM.

Copy and paste Nfs handling, they don't even own the franchise. Wtf. 100 times really? And you could still drive it? I think you are exaggerating.

Yeah 100 times if not more, it was in the parking next to trevors garage and the car was Sentinel or other similar cabrio car. Try yourself if you dont believe or ask yourself question did your car ever blow up after crashing?

Played some GTA4 over the weekend and I can't believe how awesome the handling was. Played Saints Row 4 too and that is closer to the handling of GTA5.

Just can't believe how many people still play GTA4 online, it looks like there's more playing it now than prior to the release of GTA5.

I played TBoGT over weekend and I feel the same :(

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:13 AM Edited by tom_p1980, 04 November 2013 - 09:13 AM.

Yeah 100 times if not more, it was in the parking next to trevors garage and the car was Sentinel or other similar cabrio car. Try yourself if you dont believe or ask yourself question did your car ever blow up after crashing?

I played TBoGT over weekend and I feel the same :(

I agree, played that too and I can actually ride the motorbikes and fly a helicopter (buzzard) without any probs. I play GTA5 and it's like I'm playing Saints Row 3 and I can't ride/fly for sh*t.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

Not when your game looks like this...

10616693075_fd21664039_b.jpg

The fun fact that GTA V just looks nearly the same as the modded picture of GTA IV...

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

A few weeks ago i played gta IV for a few minutes and laughed at it, thinking that it was such a sh*t game. But yesterday I played it seriously for 3 hours and wow, it is everything that V is not. Far better game than V. The wanted system in IV is better because police don't spawn everywhere like cockroaches like they do in V. In V the police cars spawn left, right, south, north, just everywhere. It ruins the fun.

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

Playing GTA V really made the flaws in GTA IV stand out even more:

• Lack of vehicle variety, even things like the cement truck and bulldozer are missing from the game.
  • Annoying friendship/dating system.
  • No countryside.
  • The police maverick and police predator don't even have spawn points (this screams lazy game design).
  • The TV in GTA IV did nothing but scream 'Here is all the stuff you can't do in this game'.
  • No planes, decorative planes are the worst.
  • For anyone who made up an excuse for no planes, lack of helicopter variety, there are only 4, and one of them is almost impossible to obtain.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

A few weeks ago i played gta IV for a few minutes and laughed at it, thinking that it was such a sh*t game. But yesterday I played it seriously for 3 hours and wow, it is everything that V is not. Far better game than V. The wanted system in IV is better because police don't spawn everywhere like cockroaches like they do in V. In V the police cars spawn left, right, south, north, just everywhere. It ruins the fun.

But the police always knew where you were in Gta IV, im glad thats gone.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

But the police always knew where you were in Gta IV, im glad thats gone.

Sadly it's not. Even if you enter a vehicle unknown to the police, and drive around with your arrow grayed out, you could pull off the road a half mile away from your reported crime scene, park up in a dark alley hidden from view from the street, and police will pull up right outside the alley exit their vehicles and run RIGHT to you. That's just flat out bullsh*t and it really is one of my very few gripes with this game.

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

So the new trend is to bash GTA V now, oh ok.

Gotta agree i like LC way more then Los Santos or Blaine empty County. It may be a biased nostalgia feeling. 

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:36 PM Edited by Official General, 04 November 2013 - 03:37 PM.

I kinda told you this before lady lol  ;)

But you kept disagreeing with me. Trust my words, I'm a classical GTA fan that knows his stuff.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

• Annoying friendship/dating system

I did another playthrough of IV a few weeks before V came out and holy sh*t did that piss me off. Every five goddamn minutes, "Hey cousin, you want to go bowling?" I'm glad they took that sh*t away for V, though I wish they would have kept the "like" system that gives bonuses.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

Damn, racing in V just reminds me how bad it is and how much better races in IV were.

In V, EVERYONE is in an Adder, and EVERYONE is in one cluster instead of being spread out based on driving skill. Any old twat can win a race by using an Adder and using overpowered catchup and slipstream and all that kiddy sh*t to win races. In IV, races took skill. They had meaning.

People who say IV driving sucks, just suck at driving. It isn't boatlike at all, you just drive like a f*cking moron. If you actually know how to drive, you can turn around corners as fast as you can with V's arcadey tat.

And don't give me that bullsh*t "I AM SKILLED DRIVER" crap. Prove it, add lazyboy8 on PSN and beat me in a race in IV.

The Governor
  • The Governor

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:26 PM Edited by The Governor, 04 November 2013 - 06:32 PM.

I actually tried GTA IV the other day after about 4 years because of how much I still play GTA V and wanted to experience a new city.....however.....

Does anyone else just think the graphics in GTA IV are horrible?  I never in a million years would of guessed how big the graphical jump was to V.  I mean, the backgrounds, especially while driving are just blurred to beyond comprehension.  Everything is so fuzzy and the frame rate is horrible at times.

Let's just say I didn't last very long, I stopped playing after about 20 minutes and just couldn't handle the city and general graphics.

Edit:  I should ass this was GTA IV on the PS3, I really need to get it for the PC because I'm just spoiled by GTA V graphics.... I'm still blown away how big the graphical jump is on the PS3 from IV to V.

White Hot Speed
  • White Hot Speed

Open the Casino!

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

Yea, went back to IV and it felt chore-like and depressive. Like V's freedom and speed. Love IV's bikes tho.

RandomNoun
  • RandomNoun

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:56 PM Edited by RandomNoun, 04 November 2013 - 06:56 PM.

I actually tried GTA IV the other day after about 4 years because of how much I still play GTA V and wanted to experience a new city.....however.....

Does anyone else just think the graphics in GTA IV are horrible?  I never in a million years would of guessed how big the graphical jump was to V.  I mean, the backgrounds, especially while driving are just blurred to beyond comprehension.  Everything is so fuzzy and the frame rate is horrible at times.

Let's just say I didn't last very long, I stopped playing after about 20 minutes and just couldn't handle the city and general graphics.

Edit:  I should ass this was GTA IV on the PS3, I really need to get it for the PC because I'm just spoiled by GTA V graphics.... I'm still blown away how big the graphical jump is on the PS3 from IV to V.

It does look awful. A couple of months before V came out, I decided to run through IV one 'last' time. Couldn't do it. It's like you're looking at the world through a glass of Lucozade. Ended up going through RDR instead.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

Yeah, you frel this way because you're one of those type of people who only care about graphics. I can play Forza 4 and then San Andreas, and I won't have a problem. I guess I'm the "weird-type" that does not care about graphics 24/7. Yup, gaming is all graphics now, it seems.

All of this fighting about how IV is bad or how V is bad is just making me not want to post as much here anymore. :/ Whay the hell happened? This section is no longer fun to post in anymore.

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

Damn, racing in V just reminds me how bad it is and how much better races in IV were.

In V, EVERYONE is in an Adder, and EVERYONE is in one cluster instead of being spread out based on driving skill. Any old twat can win a race by using an Adder and using overpowered catchup and slipstream and all that kiddy sh*t to win races. In IV, races took skill. They had meaning.

People who say IV driving sucks, just suck at driving. It isn't boatlike at all, you just drive like a f*cking moron. If you actually know how to drive, you can turn around corners as fast as you can with V's arcadey tat.

And don't give me that bullsh*t "I AM SKILLED DRIVER" crap. Prove it, add lazyboy8 on PSN and beat me in a race in IV.

very badass very based

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:28 AM

Does anyone else just think the graphics in GTA IV are horrible? 

No. The game's 5 and a 1/2 years old. What do you expect? Maybe it's because you had such a long hiatus playing GTA IV whereas I've played it on and off for months since 2008, but I don't think it looks "horrible". Has it aged? Certainly, but this game came out early in the current generation and compared to games from its era it still looks great to me.

AcidSludge
  • AcidSludge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:24 AM

I enjoy(ed) both games aswell.

Sure, I was "more connected" to Niko and the storyline in IV (also to Johnny and the decay of the Lost in TLAD), liked the handling and the overall grittier atmosphere, but when R* anounced V they said it will be more "over the top" than IV. Therefore I expected a more over the top GTA-Storyline, with more lighthearted missions, more explosions and such, and I got it.

If I compare IV and V to movie-genres, IV was more of a drama, and V an action-flick. Different, but both enjoyable nonetheless.

Graphics - I really don't care about graphics or sophisticated soundengines, or even physics. Sure, I like it when a "good game" looks and sounds nice too, but I played my first game in the 80s, it was all about immersion back then, and for me, it's still.

Now for the online-features: I don't played IV online that much, just a few hours, therefore I will not judge or rate that, but I see a lot of potential in GTA:O now.

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:21 AM

I played GTA IV online religiously for the past 5 years and I'm finding it much harder to go back to than I thought I would. I definitely didn't miss the more touchy physics as much as I thought I would. Everything in IV just feels archaic now compared to V. At first I didn't like the engine changes that Rockstar made to the series with V but now I see the brilliance.

Holy sh*t I completely agree. However, I tried out GTA IV and it was still fun as hell, even if not as much as GTA V.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users