Photo

Holy crap is it hard to go back to GTA IV after playing this

138 replies to this topic
Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

GTAV certainly has better shooting mechanics,s o the older GTA games would be harder to go back to.

In driving, however, GTA IV is the superior one so after driving in IV I'd find it odd having to go back to V.

See, there it is again. People saying GTA IV's driving is "superior."

Superior in what way? Do you find it more realistic or something? Because it's not.

Yeah I'm still trying to figure out how driving a sports car like the comet and feeling like I'm driving a Buick Roadmaster is far superior than what we have in V but w/e..
  • _Klebitz_ likes this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

GTAV certainly has better shooting mechanics,s o the older GTA games would be harder to go back to.

In driving, however, GTA IV is the superior one so after driving in IV I'd find it odd having to go back to V.

Superior in what way? Do you find it more realistic or something? Because it's not.

Yeah I'm still trying to figure out how driving a sports car like the comet and feeling like I'm driving a Buick Roadmaster is far superior than what we have in V but w/e..

Indeed. I can say from personal experience of driving a 436 horsepower C6 Corvette 2009 that no GTA IV, that is not how high end sports cars handles. You can get away with making sh*tty sedans handle like boats (which they STILL shouldn't handle that poorly) but high end sports cars? No.

But exactly like the other guy said on the previous page, humans don't like change. A 5 year gap from GTA IV to V means a lot of humans got used to the sh*tty handling in IV and now that there's massive change their minds explode and they miss the old thing. I used to LOVE GTA IV's handling but after playing V for a solid month I can confidently say that IV's handling is awful. Simply, awful. It is so far from what reality is, it's scary that I once even defended it.

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:05 PM Edited by Woll Smoth, 02 November 2013 - 07:06 PM.

Nope, not at all. I still just play it to mess around and GO INTO THE FUN INTERIORS AND HAVE SHOOTOUTS.... And heck, I still play San Andreas on the 360, and PC! Haha!

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

Only Zuul

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

I wish I got into GTA IV online. I had the game since launch and it was fun for a few days but then quickly devolved into 24/7 airport assault rifles only.

And the people were just.. Amazing. I'd be getting one shotted from blocks away.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

Hard to get back to on console? Yes
Hard to get back to on a fully modded PC version? Hell naw ;)

Definitely this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:45 PM Edited by Official General, 02 November 2013 - 07:47 PM.

I'm certainly gonna be playing GTA IV again. I wanna feel what it's like once again to have more accessible interiors, especially the Burger Shots and Cluckin' Bells. And I wanna be playing better side missions and more meaningful storylines. The only thing that feels dated about IV compared to GTA V is the graphics, but the graphics of IV are still quite impressive for it's oldish age.

I'm gonna have another playthrough of GTA IV soon. 

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

I'm going to play through GTA IV in December. I can already tell that getting use to it again is going to be a bitch...

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:36 AM

Don't understand how people have problems playing "old" games. How are you a gamer if you only like what is new? That's more of a "hypebeast" than a gamer. Dude, I can plug in my Nintendo 64 and still play Zelda till this day. The graphic obsession of modern day "gamers" is ridiculous and has plagued the GTA fanbase since GTA 4 came out. Pre-GTA 4 people weren't so hung up on graphics. Graphics literally took over the fanbase, and every new GTA is instantly hailed as the "greatest game over" only for its buzz to fizzle out after a few months. This mentality is the reason why some people have a new "favorite GTA" every 5 years,

lol San Andreas fanboys would still bitch saying it's not as good as the original.

What is a San Andreas fanboy? I hear this phrase a lot. True GTA fanboys are people who think that every new GTA is the best and never will admit that an older GTA could ever possibly be better than the newest GTA because to them, acknowledging the superiority of an old GTA equates to criticizing Rockstar for not stepping forward. And of course, a fanboy can NEVER criticize Rockstar ever ever ever. People who prefer GTA Vice City or SA to 4 or 5 typically are more critical of Rockstar than the guys who can only stomach playing the newest game. If a person is willing to admit when an old GTA is better than a new GTA, 9 times out of 10 that person is NOT a fanboy because he's exercising critical thinking when ranking games BEYOND graphics. If you think GTA VC, SA, or some other game is better than 4 or 5 you are not a fanboy. It means you having real concrete f*ckING STANDARDS for judging games beyond graphics. You aint a real gamer if you cant play older games period.

So basically anyone who prefers GTA IV or GTA V is a fanboy, but anyone that prefers the older GTAs isn't? If you need to ask what is a SA fanboy look in the mirror once in a while. You are above and beyond the biggest SA dick rider I have EVER seen on this forum. Believe me that's not something to be proud of. You are a bucket full of ignorance, hypocrisy, contradiction and condescension.

Answer me this if graphics are the overriding factor why do I still prefer GTA IV to GTA V? GTA V by default has better graphics yet I still prefer GTA IV and according to you I should change my favourite GTA every 5 years, but I haven't. Why may you ask?

I've been a GTA fan since 1998 so I know what I'm talking about and to me fans like you are a disgrace to the series. You're not above anyone kid.

• Hussle likes this

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:19 AM

Indeed. I can say from personal experience of driving a 436 horsepower C6 Corvette 2009 that no GTA IV, that is not how high end sports cars handles. You can get away with making sh*tty sedans handle like boats (which they STILL shouldn't handle that poorly) but high end sports cars? No.

But exactly like the other guy said on the previous page, humans don't like change. A 5 year gap from GTA IV to V means a lot of humans got used to the sh*tty handling in IV and now that there's massive change their minds explode and they miss the old thing. I used to LOVE GTA IV's handling but after playing V for a solid month I can confidently say that IV's handling is awful. Simply, awful. It is so far from what reality is, it's scary that I once even defended it.

I guess you ignored the other user's post. Why the f*ck should I debate something with you, if instead of addressing all the points, you take one point, lead it in the opposite direction and ignore everything else? YOU only hear what YOU want to hear. Not gonna stoop down to your bullsh*t. And I KNOW how predictable you are. I KNOW that before reading this line, you planned to take the "Not gonna stoop down to your bullsh*t" as "I give up" and COMPLETELY IGNORE the fact I directed you to the "Physics" point.
  • Sting4S likes this

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:33 AM

I played GTA Advance today.

I cried.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

What an emotion outbreak over just a less impressive game?

Huso
  • Huso

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

its hard to go back to gta v ^^

didnt play it in 2-3weeks

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Evil Invaders Motorcycles

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

humans don't like change

Yes, we obviously don't like change, I mean, change is awful :sarcasm:

Not my fault San Andreas has better driving than V, that's one of the main reasons I'm pissed.

awxb
  • awxb

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

I always hated 4 for terrible character movement and controls, so I can't imagine moving from V to 4. Gotta try it some day, though.

Hussle
  • Hussle

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:17 PM Edited by Hussle, 03 November 2013 - 01:17 PM.

Don't understand how people have problems playing "old" games. How are you a gamer if you only like what is new? That's more of a "hypebeast" than a gamer. Dude, I can plug in my Nintendo 64 and still play Zelda till this day. The graphic obsession of modern day "gamers" is ridiculous and has plagued the GTA fanbase since GTA 4 came out. Pre-GTA 4 people weren't so hung up on graphics. Graphics literally took over the fanbase, and every new GTA is instantly hailed as the "greatest game over" only for its buzz to fizzle out after a few months. This mentality is the reason why some people have a new "favorite GTA" every 5 years,

lol San Andreas fanboys would still bitch saying it's not as good as the original.

What is a San Andreas fanboy? I hear this phrase a lot. True GTA fanboys are people who think that every new GTA is the best and never will admit that an older GTA could ever possibly be better than the newest GTA because to them, acknowledging the superiority of an old GTA equates to criticizing Rockstar for not stepping forward. And of course, a fanboy can NEVER criticize Rockstar ever ever ever. People who prefer GTA Vice City or SA to 4 or 5 typically are more critical of Rockstar than the guys who can only stomach playing the newest game. If a person is willing to admit when an old GTA is better than a new GTA, 9 times out of 10 that person is NOT a fanboy because he's exercising critical thinking when ranking games BEYOND graphics. If you think GTA VC, SA, or some other game is better than 4 or 5 you are not a fanboy. It means you having real concrete f*ckING STANDARDS for judging games beyond graphics. You aint a real gamer if you cant play older games period.

So basically anyone who prefers GTA IV or GTA V is a fanboy, but anyone that prefers the older GTAs isn't? If you need to ask what is a SA fanboy look in the mirror once in a while. You are above and beyond the biggest SA dick rider I have EVER seen on this forum. Believe me that's not something to be proud of. You are a bucket full of ignorance, hypocrisy, contradiction and condescension.

Answer me this if graphics are the overriding factor why do I still prefer GTA IV to GTA V? GTA V by default has better graphics yet I still prefer GTA IV and according to you I should change my favourite GTA every 5 years, but I haven't. Why may you ask?

I've been a GTA fan since 1998 so I know what I'm talking about and to me fans like you are a disgrace to the series. You're not above anyone kid.

i second him being the biggest dicc rider  of SA ever seen...

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

I've played GTA IV for about 4 hours yesterday and I noted some better things

• The music is better,
  • The city is bigger and feels better,
  • I finally found out why helicopters are so hard to drive in V (It's because the camera in V sticks to the rear of the chopper),
  • There is a hell lot more interiors,
  • The graphics are ugly (I play on PS3),
  • I have a lot more fun free-roaming in IV,
  • The cops are actually fun.

Well that's about it, but it's enough to realize that V is worse than IV.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:47 PM Edited by StingrayX, 03 November 2013 - 01:57 PM.

Obviously it is an opinion. Secondly, maybe if you knew anything about driving you'd find IV's driving physics and mechanics a little more on the superior side as you could: pull more stunts, drifts, have realistic crash results, and make corners without weird power to weight issues. Try not to get so defensive, makes you look stupid as hell. Calm the f*ck down. :colgate:

Oh yeah and nobody gives a damn if you drove a Corvette before. Have you ever driven it on a winding country road trying to reach it's limits? Try to do that in V and it will NOT feel the same. The sense of speed is better in V but that is about it. The steering was not improved, it was dumbed down. Clearly if you've driven a Corvette and sped it around a corner, it didn't all of a sudden understeer and then drift did it? Because driving a Coquette -- not the same as your Corvette but something of the same genre -- around a corner in V just doesn't feel solid at all. Driving a Coquette in TBoGT around a corner on Westdyke's winding road felt real and more exciting.

Oh yeah, and driving a Comet does not feel like no Buick, what the f*ck? Nobody here knows crap about driving do they? The cars did not feel like boats. Everybody says that and probably don't even know what it is. Have you ever heard of body roll? Yeah even Ferrari's do that sh*t:

ferrari-ff-test-drive-2013-medium_80.jpg

roll-center.jpg

They got rid of it in V because of complainers like you. Because of that, the suspension on cars was also removed in V. I can drive a Baller V1 around a corner and it WON'T roll. The feeling of weight shifting is just gone.

• lazy. likes this

just-a-spaz
  • just-a-spaz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

It's a VIDEO GAME.

You THINK GTA IV was realistic but it's far from realistic.

We're not playing a life simulator... we're playing a friggin' video game.

I think GTA V is fun and I also think GTA IV is fun.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

StingrayX not gonna quote that because I hate quote trains but I'll attempt to respond.

Maybe if I knew anything about driving? I've been driving for over 10 years and know plenty about it. IV's driving is extremely far from realistic from the acceleration to steering everything about it is beyond unreal save for that one thing: crash physics.

And actually yes I have taken my corvette down a windy country rode at my limits. I say my limits because in real life you wouldn't attempt to do 120mph down a windy country road but my limit was around 65mph. And no it didn't handle ANYTHING like the way it does in IV. V is much closer to reality.

Yes body roll is real. Yes it happens in high end sports cars. NO it is nowhere near to the extent that IV portrays. They "got rid of it" because it was awful and unrealistic. My first car was a a 2002 Cavalier. That thing had the softest suspension of any car I ever drove and it NEVER rolled during heavy cornering or drifting. Nothing like what you see in GTA IV. But please keep spouting your misinformation like you are some kind of engineer who knows it all. You're probably some 17 year old kid who grew up playing IV and now you're experiencing change that you don't like and it upsets you.

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

It's genuinely unbearable going back to it. And I'm not playing the awful PS3 version here, I'm not even playing the XBOX version - I'm playing the PC version fully modded up with iCEnhancer and everything. 

It's such a dull game, you have to wait about 10 hours before it even gets good, and when it does get good it's great. But I've been trying to get myself back into it because it was a game very clsoe to my heart up until September 17, and now I see it for what it is - dull. It's a good game, but it's not a good GTA. And it doesn't stand the test of the time in the same way that VC, SA and V will. 

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

gta 3 is hard to go back to but not because of the Graphics because it is so different with the guns like the rocket launcher  having to be in that first person mode thing. 

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:30 PM Edited by StingrayX, 03 November 2013 - 04:37 PM.

And actually yes I have taken my corvette down a windy country rode at my limits. I say my limits because in real life you wouldn't attempt to do 120mph down a windy country road but my limit was around 65mph. And no it didn't handle ANYTHING like the way it does in IV. V is much closer to reality.

Stopped right there. 65 mph? No wonder you think V is more realistic than IV. Why don't you try doing about... 80 like once just to get a taste? I mean geez, if you pay attention to the way a car moves in V, you'll notice something just isn't right. Right now I'm driving my Giallo Evros Pegassi Vacca and it is fun to cruise around, I'll give it that, but when you throw it around on a road, it just really feel that authentic. It doesn't stick to the right lane of the road like I want it too and braking just feels unbelievable in a bad way. I know the real Aventador has some wild carbon ceramics, but this is just beyond reality. I haven't even given the car any upgrades at all.

Here is my opinion on the steering and weight. The steering is a bit too responsive. Sound ridiculous but it is just too sensitive. When i cruise, I slowly steer and even then the car just steers more than I want it too. And then when I speed, damn it just doesn't feel right. I cannot feel the weight of the car when I steer into a corner and the car just oversteers if I try to drive it the way I drove an Infernus in IV. I'm gonna bring Forza 4 into this, lol. The Aventador is of course AWD and I assume the Vacca is too, but it just doesn't feel like it -- except for the speed and takeoff, although there should be no loss of traction at all at takeoff, there should be no smoke. The Aventador drives into corners with so much grip and it doesn't just lose control or oversteer unless you're not handling the power the well. The Vacca though, it just I don't know. In addition to it's problems, you just don't feel anything when you turn.That satisfying feedback when you actually do make a corner perfectly just isn't there. I can't feel anything. I can't feel the weight, or me trying to control the car, there is no thrill. It is lacking.

In IV, yes the sense of speed was meh, and the body rolled too much on certain cars -- the sports cars actually had realistic roll, it was some of the regular cars that had unrealistic roll like the Cavalcade, PMP 600, Huntley, etc -- but you cannot say that V has more realistic steering, you just can't. I could feel the weight of the car in the steering and because of that, every car felt different from each other. The Infernus was fast but it wasn't as nimble as a Comet. The Coquette was a wild car that oversteered a lot and drifted a lot while the Banshee was a little more stable yet felt a bit heavier. All cars felt different in IV. In V, I can't say that. The supercars don't feel much different from each other and don't even get me started on the regular cars. The Futo? Totally sucks now when it's stock. The- I don't even want to drive the lower cars unless they're the nice middle $80,000 Schwartzer's, Zions, or Oracles. Those handle okay but still lack steering feedback. I don't want to drive the Stanier, I don't like driving the Ingot anymore. The Intruder ain't even fun anymore. The Sultan is only fun when it's tuned, and the Blista is an embarrassing successor to the Blista Compact.

Do you get what I'm saying?

You're probably some 17 year old kid who grew up playing IV and now you're experiencing change that you don't like and it upsets you.

To be honest, this whole "You don't like change" bullsh*t is getting on my nerves. I can handle change, dude. I play many other types of games and I adapt to their physics finely. But V just feels dumbed down and I don't really play games with dumbed down physics.

I grew up playing many different games thank you very much. :/ Also I'm not trying to talk down to you like I'm some engineer, I just think it's ludicrous you think V's handling is more realistic than IV. It's fine that you like it better, but it isn't more realistic.

But of course, you cannot talk about how a car is supposed to handle on a GTA forum. Can't believe you  got all arrogant with you "10 years of experience" when you haven't even driven a car hard. I've driven a 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Edition hard and I could feel the roll when I turned hard into a corner -- course I wouldn't drive like that all of the time, haha. :blush:

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

Stopped right there. 65 mph? No wonder you think V is more realistic than IV. Why don't you try doing about... 80 like once just to get a taste?

Stopped right there. 80? Why not go all the way to 200 amirite?

You're just an upset kid who is sad that the sh*tty physics you grew up with are gone. Your opinion is exactly that, an opinion, but what you can't say is an opinion is the comparison of a games driving physics to reality. That is a concrete and firm comparison with objectiveness being a factor. Sorry, but it isn't real. It isn't close to real. Let me know when you get your license and a sports car. Then we can talk.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

Stopped right there. 65 mph? No wonder you think V is more realistic than IV. Why don't you try doing about... 80 like once just to get a taste?

Stopped right there. 80? Why not go all the way to 200 amirite?

You're just an upset kid who is sad that the sh*tty physics you grew up with are gone. Your opinion is exactly that, an opinion, but what you can't say is an opinion is the comparison of a games driving physics to reality. That is a concrete and firm comparison with objectiveness being a factor. Sorry, but it isn't real. It isn't close to real. Let me know when you get your license and a sports car. Then we can talk.

Well let's just agree to disagree. I tried talking nice to you in my post above but you're going to get all mad and proceed to call me a kid. It isn't worth it talking to you, it just isn't. LazyBoy. was right too...
You're clearly just another moron in the V section who cannot accept someone elses opinions -- as evidenced by your first post towards LazyBoy.

• ThroatSlasher2 likes this

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

Hard to go back? Being one of those strange people that follows traffic rules, yes, going back to LC is hard with idiot AI. 

• Sting4S likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

Hard to go back? Being one of those strange people that follows traffic rules, yes, going back to LC is hard with idiot AI. 

Yeah, I hate how they drive so slow and then when you look back, they spawn right in front of you. Luckily the spawning was fixed in V even though people thought it would've been impossible due to "console limitations." I've found a way to get around the stop light ramming issue in IV though. It seems the AI thinks you're parking your car when you don't move it for over 5 seconds at a stop light, and so they try to drive pass you. Well I just slightly move up on the car in front of me every 4 seconds. It works, the guy behind me just sits patiently until the light is green. Glad it was fixed in V but the AI can can still be dumb, cutting you off without blinkers, turning in front of you even though they see you coming and you have the right away, etc.

I noticed an issue today in V; when you're in front of a stoplight and the light is red, they'll sit behind you like normal, but as soon as it turns green and you don't move, they'll quickly try to overtake you and sometimes will hit you. Happened while I was cruising in my Vacca today, just trying to follow the traffic rules like I usually do.

• ReekyAlex likes this

GTAFever123
  • GTAFever123

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:40 AM

Same here. I used to cry blasphemy with the physic changes. We just got really used to them the past 5 years. Imagine playing V with them, it just wouldn't work. You would total a dozen cars before crossing the map.

PhantomRoxas101
  • PhantomRoxas101

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:19 AM

I was playing TBOGT today, and although i played GTAIV and its episodes for years now, i can completely understand why everyone complained about GTAIV. The driving really is boaty, and the police were way too easy. I like GTAV in every aspect, although GTAIV free mode still is pretty entertaining. I can assure you, I am a very experienced GTA player, so take my word for it: GTAV is superior to GTAIV. Although GTAIV had better interiors, GTAV makes up for it in variety and map size. GTAIV i played to death, but GTAV is greater than it in every way

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:05 AM

Same here. I used to cry blasphemy with the physic changes. We just got really used to them the past 5 years. Imagine playing V with them, it just wouldn't work. You would total a dozen cars before crossing the map.

No, I would pass all the missions WITHOUT f*ckING CRASHING!! Cause I mastered the driving in IV.... It was awesome cause it just felt realistic, you felt the car's weight and  everyone online had a different type of driving skill... Now, ever car feels the same, it's just dumbed down. That's the reality .

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:14 AM

Not when your game looks like this...

10616693075_fd21664039_b.jpg

Looks like sh*t tbh.

• CFCA1912 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users