Photo

Holy crap is it hard to go back to GTA IV after playing this

87 replies to this topic
GTAFever123
  • GTAFever123

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

I played GTA IV online religiously for the past 5 years and I'm finding it much harder to go back to than I thought I would. I definitely didn't miss the more touchy physics as much as I thought I would. Everything in IV just feels archaic now compared to V. At first I didn't like the engine changes that Rockstar made to the series with V but now I see the brilliance.

• DeafMetal, WorldWideFM, MediApino and 1 other like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

Apart from some of the character movement I don't find GTA IV that hard to go back to. I have a new save that's a bit over 6 hours and despite GTA V being newer I still like playing GTA IV just as much as before GTA V released.
  • Sting4S and GTAboob like this

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

I played San Andreas the other day and I'm finding that pretty hard to go back to. Sure the map has a lot more variety and everything but the gameplay just feels kinda dated to me nowadays. It would be absolutely amazing if it was remade on Ps4 with next-gen technology.

• rovert likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

I have no problem with returning to any game. I still play GTA III and returned to SA recently.

• AtomicPunk, Ermac. and Gray Wolf like this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

http://gtaforums.com...-gta-iv-lately/

TLDR yes couldn't agree more with you OP.

The driving is god awful next to V. Anyone who honestly prefers it is just a masochist.
  • Bonnano likes this

GTAFever123
  • GTAFever123

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

The driving is god awful next to V. Anyone who honestly prefers it is just a masochist.

Well said my friend.

Machine Head
  • Machine Head

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

Masochist and proud, then.

cldd
  • cldd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

Not when your game looks like this...

10616693075_fd21664039_b.jpg

• lolleroz and RPhilMan1 like this

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:19 PM

I still go back to GTA IV on occasions, for stuff like vigilante missions. I'm going for 100% again, this time with the Revenge ending.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

Well I made a new GTA San Andreas save yet again last week so no wonder I'm planning to make another GTA IV new save again. Still playing GTA IV in my spare time especially old titles as well.

dro0001
  • dro0001

Fo Shizzle

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

I actually enjoy GTA IV more than GTA V.

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

Yeah character movement is so sluggish but the driving is still king in IV. The fact that driving and swerving through traffic in V is so easy kind of makes speeding round the map boring.

Still load up IV from time to time as I find the "boat-like" cars more fun to drive about.

• D1RTYŽ likes this

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

The pacing of IV is absolutely unbearable. People complain about V not having enough missions, but the first 30 missions or so of IV are bloody awful. It's just drive here, drive there. About 10 in you finally get a weapon. Yawn. 

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:12 PM Edited by StingrayX, 02 November 2013 - 04:14 PM.

Graphics don't make a game for me so no, it isn't that hard for me to go back to IV. With the exception of the exaggerated body roll -- TBoGT got the suspension right but some idiot who developed driving for V decided to remove the suspension :dozing: --, I prefer the driving, at least it's more believable. Liberty City is still great to me, and I actually like Niko as a character better. The only thing I don't like is the spawning system in IV. V felt a little solid on this -- even if V's traffic system is dumber than a sack of peanuts and the drivers just do not know you exist -- if you looked behind you, far away cars were still there and when you looked back in front you wouldn't have to worry about some random car spawning and you running into it. IV's spawning system just feels like crap.

I did like how you could park your car and leave it somewhere for as long as you like as long as you didn't hop into any other car -- in IV yes it was possible. In V, the impound and despawning system for your last driven car just irks me. I can't even park it in a parking garage and walk around the entire downtown anymore without worrying about it disappearing. That ain't even realistic and it's a burden.

• Ola441 likes this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

I played San Andreas the other day and I'm finding that pretty hard to go back to. Sure the map has a lot more variety and everything but the gameplay just feels kinda dated to me nowadays. It would be absolutely amazing if it was remade on Ps4 with next-gen technology.

lol San Andreas fanboys would still bitch saying it's not as good as the original.

OP: yeah, it's very hard to. It feels like a last-gen game tbh. However, I think it's just because GTA V is still very fresh. Give it a year or 6 months, and IV will be easier to come back to. That's more or less what happened to every GTA when a new one was released for me -- I couldn't play VC when I got SA, I couldn't play SA when I got IV, etc. until after the freshness went away.

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

I love driving in V, but IV's driving was good for the NY layout of the roads imo. In V on the other hand there is such more open space and freedom to drive around, that the driving physics were made crisper and more 3d era like.

The cars don't feel like toys at all, the have weight to them and seems much more satisfying.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

Hard to get back to on console? Yes
Hard to get back to on a fully modded PC version? Hell naw ;)
  • RyanBurnsRed and PkUnzipper like this

Soarindude
  • Soarindude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

I would probably only go back to GTA IV for the storyline. And the bowling. :lol:

• Gazolene likes this

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

Don't understand how people have problems playing "old" games. How are you a gamer if you only like what is new? That's more of a "hypebeast" than a gamer. Dude, I can plug in my Nintendo 64 and still play Zelda till this day. The graphic obsession of modern day "gamers" is ridiculous and has plagued the GTA fanbase since GTA 4 came out. Pre-GTA 4 people weren't so hung up on graphics. Graphics literally took over the fanbase, and every new GTA is instantly hailed as the "greatest game over" only for its buzz to fizzle out after a few months. This mentality is the reason why some people have a new "favorite GTA" every 5 years,

lol San Andreas fanboys would still bitch saying it's not as good as the original.

What is a San Andreas fanboy? I hear this phrase a lot. True GTA fanboys are people who think that every new GTA is the best and never will admit that an older GTA could ever possibly be better than the newest GTA because to them, acknowledging the superiority of an old GTA equates to criticizing Rockstar for not stepping forward. And of course, a fanboy can NEVER criticize Rockstar ever ever ever. People who prefer GTA Vice City or SA to 4 or 5 typically are more critical of Rockstar than the guys who can only stomach playing the newest game. If a person is willing to admit when an old GTA is better than a new GTA, 9 times out of 10 that person is NOT a fanboy because he's exercising critical thinking when ranking games BEYOND graphics. If you think GTA VC, SA, or some other game is better than 4 or 5 you are not a fanboy. It means you having real concrete f*ckING STANDARDS for judging games beyond graphics. You aint a real gamer if you cant play older games period.

• Masher8559 and RyanBurnsRed like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

What is a San Andreas fanboy?

I don't know exactly but you certainly are one.

• DeafMetal, Ola441 and RowanSane like this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

I found it pretty easy to go back myself. Then again, I also went back to GTA III to get 100% on it, so going back to older GTAs isn't a problem for me. 

steve bambar
  • steve bambar

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:16 PM Edited by steve bambar, 02 November 2013 - 05:17 PM.

i played san andreas today 

guess what ?

its hard to go back to GTA V Now lmao

RolfStarGames
  • RolfStarGames

Thug

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

GTA IV is better. :)

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

GTA IV with tightened car handling and GTA SA map mod. All it needs is multiplayer for that jazz. But you can't beat the car modding in V though. SA had good mods but only a few cars had body mods. Hydraulics and nos was proper boss though.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:50 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 02 November 2013 - 05:50 PM.

GTAV certainly has better shooting mechanics,s o the older GTA games would be harder to go back to.

In driving, however, GTA IV is the superior one so after driving in IV I'd find it odd having to go back to V.
  • Sting4S likes this

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:03 PM Edited by Bonnano, 02 November 2013 - 06:05 PM.

Console GTA IV? Impossible to go back.

PC GTA IV? It's as easy as killing Johnny Klebitz.

• Masher8559 and ReekyAlex like this

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:05 PM

I was thinking of trying this just to see how IV feels in comparison, probably will later and I will edit this post to tell of my experience.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

GTAV certainly has better shooting mechanics,s o the older GTA games would be harder to go back to.

In driving, however, GTA IV is the superior one so after driving in IV I'd find it odd having to go back to V.

See, there it is again. People saying GTA IV's driving is "superior."

Superior in what way? Do you find it more realistic or something? Because it's not.

• DeafMetal likes this

RolfStarGames
  • RolfStarGames

Thug

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:26 PM Edited by RolfStarGames, 02 November 2013 - 06:27 PM.

See, there it is again. People saying GTA IV's driving is "superior."

Superior in what way? Do you find it more realistic or something? Because it's not.

PHYSICS.

• lazy. likes this

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Obedient

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

People always are against new things. It´s natural if You have a built a long-time routine. Human loves nothing more than a routine, new things make You insecure and cause stress.

After awhile You get used to it. Just like with a new OS. You see only faults first, because You don´t know really how it works.

But I don´t see a problem going back to IV. Though after long sessions of V seems like the touch for IV handling is gone for a moment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users