Photo

The f*cking Sentinel at the beggining

34 replies to this topic
Tedisnake
  • Tedisnake

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

Anyone else saw this stupid Sentinel car each new online session ?

The car just drive crazy and crush me all the time.

Who the hell this guy is it ?

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

Now Includes Respect List

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:51 AM

you clearly know what it is if you call it the sentinel

D_Marco
  • D_Marco

The Anti-Theist

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

It's The Sentinel.

He doesn't like you, or me, or anyone else for that matter.

He does like the sound of bones crushing under tyres though.

haythem09
  • haythem09

Honorbru Dispray

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

How to I get him to spawn? I really wanna see this asshole as there was another thread on this about the guy in the Sentinel trying to kill you for no reason.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

I encountered him near the most northern los santos customs. He f*cking killed me the bastard. He has lost every encounter since

Nipper
  • Nipper

Beware the 'stache

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:03 PM

I was standing in a car park outside an ammunation, with a friend, when this joyrider pulls into the car park, makes a bee line for me, misses, turns around for another go, misses again then just drives off.

I had seen it before so expected it, my friend however, was laughing his ass off and was asking what the f*ck I did to him, I did nothing to anybody lmao.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

He smashed into me when I joined a session once. 

Was unbelievably angry.

Tiddy
  • Tiddy

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

Haha, I love this guy, I want to know why he's programmed in though as it's such a random thing but hilarious.

It's a free xs too which is sometimes tricky to find.

CZuk
  • CZuk

No.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

One of the reasons I still play online, I sometimes play with him.
I've named him john
  • DoinItLikeDahmer likes this

myztical78
  • myztical78

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

Level 91 and still havnt meet this guy!! :p

Tedisnake
  • Tedisnake

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

" Hey John how ar*CRUSH*

Ok John see you John "

• LeAristocrat likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

He should be listed as the 17th player, a.k.a The Sentinel

Would be great to see feed if he killed someone or got killed, lol.

• GrandTheftBatman likes this

Nipper
  • Nipper

Beware the 'stache

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:11 PM

Haha, I love this guy, I want to know why he's programmed in though as it's such a random thing but hilarious.

It's a free xs too which is sometimes tricky to find.

He is in there for extra flavour, as well as being a common opportunity to take a Simeon text vehicle.

The joyriders actually drive around in many many cars, all of them being simeon text vehicles.

The game even has a pop up at some point to explain this to the player, I can't believe almost everyone misses that!

So yeah, he is just there to provide you with a text car, with a little challenge in there too.

The Sentinel XS does seem to appear most commonly though, and without any text messages.

So I would hazard a guess, he is there for both flavour and to deliver you a simeon text vehicle.

prodigy_hades
  • prodigy_hades

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

all these ppl and their sentinel encounters
I've never seen it not even once
so yeah, imma get myself a sentinel and go on a killing spree 
if u've never seen "it", be "it"  :lol:

• myztical78 likes this

GSi
  • GSi

R3B3L

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

Never seen it yet, tempted to switch the ps3 on just to try and find this hilarity

who-dat
  • who-dat

Haha Bama sucks!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

he came at me for the first time while i was passing out playing online last night, he took two attempts at running me over and i dodged them both. he took off and i hopped into my vacca and chased him down...i didn't think an un-modded sultan XS could go that fast, but it can when 'he' is driving it....anyway, i caught up to him, shot him while we were both driving, took his XS and installed a tracker/modded it.

I've been wanting to get a Sentinel, as my favorite car in the '3d' era of GTA was the Mafia Sentinel, but am disappointed with the XS....i hear there are 3 versions, the Sentinel, the XS, and the convertible....I'd like to find the regular Sentinel and see what its all about. Any pointers on where to find the regular Sentinel?

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

I was standing in a car park outside an ammunation, with a friend, when this joyrider pulls into the car park, makes a bee line for me, misses, turns around for another go, misses again then just drives off.

I had seen it before so expected it, my friend however, was laughing his ass off and was asking what the f*ck I did to him, I did nothing to anybody lmao.

^^^

This happened to me yesterday and i thought it was another player. I was stood next to my car in the observatory car park on pause menu and next thing i know someone steals my Sentinal coupe (hard top convertible)

Well i was really confused cause i always have crew only access and i checked the option again, crew only access

He drives off, turns round, runs me down, no white blip and me thinking wtf.... He drives off again, turns round again and tries to run me down again. I thought it maybe a hacker so i sticky bombed my own car lol

Crazy stuff if that was an npc

Knucklehead211
  • Knucklehead211

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

This guy...he was messing with me last night when I was totally out of it. Had just lost three stars when this mofo rolls up on me and starts shooting my back bumper. I lost him, then saw him at an intersection and he shot my car til it was on fire and exploded down the road a bit. It's weird that he doesn't show up on the radar, and that they didn't add a notification for when he's around, like with armored cars and crate drops.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:03 PM Edited by MantisFang, 02 November 2013 - 04:06 PM.

Around Richards Majestic, Golf Course and Rockford/Vinewood Hills

Kick Ass Transformer Hard Top Convertible Action

he came at me for the first time while i was passing out playing online last night,

Any pointers on where to find the regular Sentinel?

• who-dat likes this

NoMeansYes
  • NoMeansYes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:04 PM Edited by NoMeansYes, 02 November 2013 - 04:04 PM.

I didn't realise this was a known thing, had this happen to me two days ago for the first time (level 85 at the time).

I honestly thought it was a player that had hidden their blip as he kept ramming me and started shooting. It appeared to be done with some decent AI, so much so that me and my mate were unsure if it was a scripted thing or a hidden player.

It was a black sentinel and driving on the eastern highway southbound past the prison, haha love it.

Magnias
  • Magnias

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

I must be the only one whose met him and has not been run over. (Of course there was an overpass pillar in front of him... Which he kept ramming trying to get me...). Jacked his car and been racing the crap out of the Sentinel XS ever since, lol.

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

Leader of the LeAristocrats

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

I haven't seen this either. Saw a post for the first time last night about this, I thought the guy was trolling but obviously it's real lol. I will be staying on my toes now lol.

• Knucklehead211 likes this

Jared Snootcherton
  • Jared Snootcherton

The Real Jared Snootcherton

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

Wow, I thought this was fake! I haven't seen the Sentinel yet but now I want to :O. Anyone know why or how he spawns?

NoMeansYes
  • NoMeansYes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

Wow, I thought this was fake! I haven't seen the Sentinel yet but now I want to :O. Anyone know why or how he spawns?

I stole an ambulance (or fire engine can't remember which one) and he spawned shortly after, it was night time and I was on the freeway. Not sure if there are any specific triggers or whether is't just a random encounter though

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

I thought it was a joke about how BMW drivers, specifically M3 drivers, are mostly assholes.

Knucklehead211
  • Knucklehead211

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

I haven't seen this either. Saw a post for the first time last night about this, I thought the guy was trolling but obviously it's real lol. I will be staying on my toes now lol.
Not trolling, just confused as eff lol

heybud
  • heybud

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

I've seen him a couple times. Usually spawns right when you leave a job. The first time I was a real low level and he just ran me over 2 seconds after I spawned. The last time I saw him I ran him down on my akuma, shot him and stole his sentinel xs which is now in my garage with some upgrades :)

ChristiaaaaaanxD
  • ChristiaaaaaanxD

Player Lover

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:42 PM Edited by ChristiaaaaaanxD, 02 November 2013 - 04:43 PM.

I once met him, I shot his Sentinel XS. He tried followed me so I went inside the LSC > :D

I was so nervous that time that he might shoot me too xD I'm just on my Bati when that happened.

who-dat
  • who-dat

Haha Bama sucks!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

I must be the only one whose met him and has not been run over. (Of course there was an overpass pillar in front of him... Which he kept ramming trying to get me...). Jacked his car and been racing the crap out of the Sentinel XS ever since, lol.

he came at me for the first time while i was passing out playing online last night, he took two attempts at running me over and i dodged them both. he took off and i hopped into my vacca and chased him down...i didn't think an un-modded sultan XS could go that fast, but it can when 'he' is driving it....anyway, i caught up to him, shot him while we were both driving, took his XS and installed a tracker/modded it.

not only are you not the only one who has gotten away, but you weren't the first to post in here about it....

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

Lol oh man these fools are always there for me. Sometimes the guy is white, sometimes he is black. Always in a sentinel tho. Regardless the asshole is annoying as hell, I think he is R* programmed griefer for certain player types.

Been run down, and shot at. The little bastard has lost every encounter since he ran me into the side of my car and squished me to death.

Usually I find him after Ron and Martin missions. Occasionally he is just angrily cruising around toun.

He does make things interesting tho. Like look both ways before darting for your car after a mission. Lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users