Online Crates...

3 replies to this topic
Makaveli2003
  • Makaveli2003

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

Hey Everyone,

Does anyone have any idea what has happened to the crates? When I was online today I did not see any drop for about an hour time. Curious if they had made any type of changes regarding those. Also one other question off subject. If you buy a chopper, plane, tank or anything else other than cars do you have insurance on them similar to cars or is it basically a complete waste of money considering you might as well just take one in freemode if can only use before its destroyed. Thanks for taking the time peeps.

razorsharkhead
  • razorsharkhead

Cockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

Not sure about the crates.

If you buy a chopper or a plane you need to ask Pegasus to deliver it to an airport. If it gets destroyed you have to pay for it to be fixed.

TheAzn
  • TheAzn

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:08 AM Edited by TheAzn, 03 November 2013 - 11:14 AM.

I think he's talking about Ron's crate drops I believe which is something new. Apparently Ron will tell you a crate drop will occur. When a plane is enroute, he'll tell you. And then a green box with a question mark will appear on the map. First to get it will get the stuff inside. If no one claims it within some minutes, a message will appear saying an arms smuggler got the crate.

The way it works is similar to Simeon putting a green car icon on the map (high priority vehicle).

I have only gotten such crate twice and only today. The second crate I picked up had $5k, 5kRP, minigun and armor.

The crates that has the nicer, bigger loot will require some shooting. That crate I picked up was in a small circle of I guess gang members. My first crate which only had $1k and 1kRP, I just picked up without incident.

And I'm not sure how often these crates are dropped. I was online for maybe up to 6 hours and only seen and gotten the two crates.

And anything you buy that requires to be transported to a certain location (boats, planes, choppers, etc) have no insurance. You pay the full price when you buy them. But there after, you'll only pay $1000 each time to get another one delivered. Also, no bad sport if you blow up someone elses boat, plane, chopper, etc. $1000 each time to use isn't bad. If you have one vehicle delivered, it will need to be destroyed if you want to have some other vehicle to be delivered (ie you called for a tank but now want a buzzard, tank need to be destroyed)

dontneedanotherusername
  • dontneedanotherusername

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:41 PM

Haven't seen a crate drop in ages, they used to drop every 2-3 missions. I haven't seen Simeon's high value vehicle once in 43 levels on my second character either.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users