How to kill someone in Passive mode

132 replies to this topic
AbortSanity
  • AbortSanity

Mr Raspberry-Jam's Bitch

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:25 PM

If you were any good at the game you wouldn't need passive mode, you hand someone their ass on a plate they will get that you are a bad-ass and avoid you at all costs. I make a point of killing any passive player I see, f*cking pussy-farts.
  • SuperDuperGta and Bozzah like this

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:12 PM

If you were any good at the game you wouldn't need passive mode, you hand someone their ass on a plate they will get that you are a bad-ass and avoid you at all costs. I make a point of killing any passive player I see, f*cking pussy-farts.

Welcome brother, spread the word and lets rid the game of this scum!

• Bozzah likes this

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:55 PM

it's called passive mode not invincible mode

don't want to get killed? play solo sessions

• iainspad likes this

JoeMamma
  • JoeMamma

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:08 PM

The three posters above me are probably twankers.  They HAVE to use their little gay tanks to get kills.

MOST people use passive mode to get away from tanks and spawn killers.  Yeah, there is the occasional jackass that uses it to get behind someone, then when they're not looking, take it off and blast the guy away...but those guys are douches, too.

Winning001
  • Winning001

∫secx dx: Have Fun!

• Members
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:31 PM

Passive mode = fun mode

mfoster09
  • mfoster09

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:51 PM

Parking a tank on their head works.

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:59 PM Edited by Bozzah, 09 February 2014 - 07:03 PM.

The three posters above me are probably twankers.  They HAVE to use their little gay tanks to get kills.

MOST people use passive mode to get away from tanks and spawn killers.  Yeah, there is the occasional jackass that uses it to get behind someone, then when they're not looking, take it off and blast the guy away...but those guys are douches, too.

you must be very gifted if you know how three people play just by reading their posts.

MOST people use passive mode because they are afraid of getting killed. When I see someone switching into passive mode, I want to kill him even more. ;)

If someone hates getting killed then he should better play solo or invite only sessions.

Why would someone join free roam if he just wants to cruise around and play golf or buy clothes? WTF? you know that there are other players who might shoot at you.

My definition of fun probably differs from yours and many others but I only use the game's features and I don't complain. If people hate so much things about this game then they should consider buying themselves a new game.

• AbortSanity likes this

LazyMourn
  • LazyMourn

Rooftop Camper

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:08 PM

I never kill anyone in FR unless shot at first. From my experience, it's either trigger happy idiots that have it out for white dots or low levels that don't know best. With that said, shoot me and you're in for a lesson on how to keep your bullets inside your gun, I could care less if you never meant to shoot or just wanted to kill someone to try out your new rifle, I didn't do anything to you so pick another target, such as an NPC. 

Sometimes people learn and after a few kills run away, but when you're coming back for more and eventually decide to go Passive because you're taking to much of a beating you can be damn sure I'll run you over, call a firetruck, call MW Mercenaries, light your car on fire (Jerrycan/Police) and everything in my power to make damn sure you learn to leave people alone, minding their own business.

Call me a dick all you want, I call it teaching through experience.

Cobra N
  • Cobra N

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

It's little wonder that games like GTA get bad press if you look at threads like this of people whose only pleasure seems to be in making others suffer.  Hands up how many of you have killed the family pet just to see if you feel any emotions? 

• vozi45 likes this

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:08 PM Edited by ijustcameheretobeeotch, 09 February 2014 - 08:10 PM.

4 pages huh? who do you kill a passive mode player?

just be a huge douchebag. 

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

Or you can stop being such a douche. They put in that mode for a reason.

Exactly

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

True. Only thing its good for is when you see a tank come round the corner. They're so slow its easy to get away

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:33 PM Edited by Bozzah, 09 February 2014 - 09:33 PM.

Or you can stop being such a douche. They put in that mode for a reason.

Exactly

yes, it's called passive mode, when someone is passive, he won't do anything to you, but you can still mess him up. it's not godmode, get over it.

JoeMamma
  • JoeMamma

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:37 PM

Yeah, and when they're in passive mode, that means they don't want to be messed with.  So stop being douches and running over them or using the firetruck. 

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:43 PM

Yeah, passive mode needs tweaking. I had a few ideas:

- killing someone starts a realtime 5 minute delay before you can use passive mode
- cars driven by other players go through you, water hose from firetrucks goes through you etc
- you can't be killed in your car
- no weapons in car, and trying to run over someone will make you go through them
- killing someone in passive gives bad sport

I would add also to Passive Mode:

• Teleporting is possible via a quick button instead of having to do the playlist glitch
  • Includes god mode upon exiting passive (5 minutes max)
  • Refills ammo for free
  • You can use weapon wheel, can lock on and shoot, just doesn't do damage, only paintballs
  • You get paid $500 for each attempt on your life
  • 1.5x RP multiplier while in passive
  • Can do all the tasks like set bounties, call airstrikes, Simeon cars, gang attacks, high value import car, etc. but cannot be killed and your vehicle can not be destroyed
  • Tanks and buzzards are still usable, but you cant get blown up

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

Tom-Cruise-crazy-laugh.gif

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:55 PM Edited by iainspad, 09 February 2014 - 09:55 PM.

It's been posted before somewhere, but it's worth posting again because some people don't know what passive means.

accepting or allowing what happens or what others do, without active response or resistance

http://www.oxforddic...english/passive

• scubadave likes this

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:03 PM

If you were any good at the game you wouldn't need to get easy kills against players in passive mode.

Edited for accuracy.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

mqdefault.jpg

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:09 PM

Last night someone killed me while in Passive.

I did the most humane thing possible and killed him twice with the invincibility glitch.

Then he left so that he can cry in peace.
  • vozi45 likes this

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:10 PM Edited by Bozzah, 09 February 2014 - 10:12 PM.

Yeah, and when they're in passive mode, that means they don't want to be messed with.  So stop being douches and running over them or using the firetruck. 

the question is: who is the real douche? the one who plays the game how it's made or the one who keeps complaining about other people's play style? :)

killing someone in passive mode is not bad sports, nor it's glitching. 

if someone doesn't want to be messed with, he can play invite-only sessions and invite people who don't mess with him.

At any time after your first death, GTA Online offers the option to enable Passive Mode. Passive Mode makes your character immune to PvP firearm and melee damage in the open instance of your GTA Online world, and likewise prevents you from dealing damage to others.

if you really think about it, it is totally fair and legit to run someone over in passive mode, as he can do the same to you. 

Last night someone killed me while in Passive.

I did the most humane thing possible and killed him twice with the invincibility glitch.

Then he left so that he can cry in peace.

and THIS is unfair and being a douche. using glitches to kill someone is just poor, you could have stayed in passive mode if you suck that much at pvp . ;)

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:13 PM

It's been posted before somewhere, but it's worth posting again because some people don't know what passive means.

accepting or allowing what happens or what others do, without active response or resistance

http://www.oxforddic...english/passive

interesting point. R*'s careful choice of verbiage puts the onus on the passive player, not those around them, i.e., this very thread is in directly conflicting with the idea of passive. in short, complaining about passive is in itself a direct violation of passive and hence you are trying to break the rules. dont break the rules.

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:38 PM Edited by jcph3, 09 February 2014 - 10:39 PM.

WRONG! For about a week now I have hunted Passives, most are on roofs looking to grief someone. PASSIVE is being used by less skilled players to get kills on unsuspecting victims. I know, I was shot in the back by one while sniping a Tank. That started my rampage!  When I do run across a Passive "smelling the roses" and dangling his feet in the creek, I'll leave him alone. Havn't found that guy yet!

and the hose is becoming my favorite weapon....

• scubadave and Bozzah like this

TheKidKid415
  • TheKidKid415

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:51 PM

I agree deliberately killing someone in passive mode is grimey... but alot of scumbags use passive mode as a scapegoat...they kill someone multiple times especially players at lower levels then go into passive mode so they cant be killed...people like that piss me off

It pisses me off to esp. Getting spawned killed by a tank!

JoeyDeacan
  • JoeyDeacan

Donkey Rapist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:54 PM

I just love running people over , passive or not , beep beep splat , always makes me chuckle
  • scubadave likes this

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:55 PM

I agree deliberately killing someone in passive mode is grimey... but alot of scumbags use passive mode as a scapegoat...they kill someone multiple times especially players at lower levels then go into passive mode so they cant be killed...people like that piss me off

It only takes a min to go into passive and escape a tank, the players I see are in passive for the entire session. What could they be doing, I wonder? 

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

WRONG! For about a week now I have hunted Passives, most are on roofs looking to grief someone. PASSIVE is being used by less skilled players to get kills on unsuspecting victims. I know, I was shot in the back by one while sniping a Tank. That started my rampage!  When I do run across a Passive "smelling the roses" and dangling his feet in the creek, I'll leave him alone. Havn't found that guy yet!

and the hose is becoming my favorite weapon....

ive encountered that too. guy blows up my chrome adder, i respawn and snipe him. okay 1-1. he resapwns and i take him out with MG 1-2. he respawns in passive. fine, I would count that as a win. same thing as if he leavs session or goes and hides in apt or teleports to another part of the map. i was going to leave. but he wasnt. he was lining up another shot. i go to jack a car to get the insurance vehicle, he's counting down the passive mode exit and RPGs me. 2-2. and he takes off in a car. me: cell phone -> pegasus -> tank. ended up being 14-2. the final 4 with him in passive.

unfortunately passive mode gets abused so for a lot of people, passives are fair game.

I just love running people over , passive or not , beep beep splat , always makes me chuckle

• Bozzah likes this

xxRichter
  • xxRichter

IT'S WARIO TIME!

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:35 PM Edited by xxRichter, 09 February 2014 - 11:36 PM.

RSG isn't gonna fix passive mode

If anything they gonna fix the being shot inside a tank so the tank drivers has no more weaknesses.

They should just add friendly fire Off/On modes like they did in GTA 4, fixes everything imo

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:35 PM

It only takes a min to go into passive and escape a tank, the players I see are in passive for the entire session. What could they be doing, I wonder? 

Here's a wild thought.  They are minding their own business and want to avoid being killed by random idiots.  A mind blowing concept, I know.

Only an unskilled noob would go for a passive kill.  Why else would you go for a kill that can't defend itself?

SingularSoul
  • SingularSoul

“Scientific Progress goes boink?”

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:41 PM

When I do run across a Passive "smelling the roses" and dangling his feet in the creek, I'll leave him alone. Havn't found that guy yet!

you-got-me.gif

That's me! ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users