Photo

How to kill someone in Passive mode

132 replies to this topic
JoeMamma
  • JoeMamma

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:21 PM Edited by JoeMamma, 27 January 2014 - 09:22 PM.

@gotbeer - that's the only time I'll kill someone in passive mode...usually it's the trolly mctrolls (spawn killers, tank fags, etc), then I have no qualms with running them over repeatedly while they're in passive mode.

As others have said, besides the example I stated, killing someone in passive mode is just plain douchey.

KYScout
  • KYScout

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

last night, there was a douche on the mic blaring krappy rap music, and spouting off n word after n word. I put a bounty on him and sure enough he went passive mode. and just kept being a total douche on the mic, this was the first time I have seen the entire lobby go to kill one guy. he stood under the awning of the strip club and continued his nonsense, as soon as the fire truck came out, he ran into the strip club.

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

How to kill someone whose in passive mode

Grab a firetruck and spray them with the hose .

How to be a giant douchbag:

Start a thread like this.

FATSTOGIE
  • FATSTOGIE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

Dumb idea....why create a passive mode if there at ways around to kill people?

Which is why I rarely play with others. I could be standing near my car using my phone and some damn idiot drives up and sprays me with bullets! I love survivals and death matches but I only play with friends now.

You have to have an attention span.  People dont do that to me becaus eim paying attention.  Having someone roll up at any moment to kill you is the fun of the game.  Playing alone against the CPU is boring as sh*t.  If ur good it doesnt matter what they do.  They can do whatever they want, i have nothing to complain about because ill just kill them.

• baconbosssauce likes this

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:08 PM

last night, there was a douche on the mic blaring krappy rap music, and spouting off n word after n word. I put a bounty on him and sure enough he went passive mode. and just kept being a total douche on the mic, this was the first time I have seen the entire lobby go to kill one guy. he stood under the awning of the strip club and continued his nonsense, as soon as the fire truck came out, he ran into the strip club.

You can't go into passive mode with a bounty on you only be in it prior 

huckmonkey
  • huckmonkey

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

Chopper blades

Docfrost
  • Docfrost

Shichibukai

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:46 PM Edited by Docfrost, 27 January 2014 - 10:48 PM.

You know why giving someone bad sport for killing someone in passive mode is a bad idea? I'll give you a scenario that happened to me:

So I'm minding my business and pick up a high priority vehicle to respray and deliver to Simeon. I knew that this automatically made me a target and fact is, I'm cool with that.

So I get it resprayed and it's some big slow landrover looking SUV POS so it doesn't move very fast. Here comes bugatti man in his bugatti and smacks the living crap out of my vehicle and manages to get a good spin and pin me on the wall. Homebro pops out his car and airs me out with the auto-shotty in no seconds flat. No problem, well played. Now I'm pissed though.

Now this happened on the bridge that's heading over to the Simeon drop so the funderful respawn system spawns me underneath the bridge. I'm unable to get to anywhere quick enough where my mechanic could bring me a car and by the time I run to the street he's already delivered my vehicle and I get a small payout for having resprayed it. Fine. But I'm still ticked I didn't get the full thing and had to split it with some douche.

So I kill some poor NPC and hop in his whip and B-line for the drop so I can kill this bastard. The guy throws himself on passive mode and taunts the living sh*t out of me. Trolled. A good trolling too. I respect the guy for having trolled me that hard but now I'm livid.... cause he trolled me pretty hard.

The guy has sh*t to do and uses the join a race function to port himself halfway across the map so he can rob a store.

*fast forward a couple minutes*

The guy robs a store and is playing hide and go seek with me so I can't get a shot on him, kills me again (and now I'm really ticked), so I call for backup. My buddy gets there and the dude is on the beach taunting the crap out of him on passive mode again.

So I, pissed out of my mind and in a helicopter, fly down and nail the dude with the blades and launch his lifeless ragdolling body into the ocean. Pick up my buddy, and promptly dip back to the city.

Why should I get a bad sport penalty for this? Frankly, it was insufficient revenge for being trolled hard, as I didn't even feel entirely satisfied after getting that one kill compared to his 3 or so.

Now I get this is one of those few and far between cases but still....

P.S. I know I purposefully used awful grammar, it's the internet, deal with it.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

Yeah, passive mode needs tweaking. I had a few ideas:

- killing someone starts a realtime 5 minute delay before you can use passive mode
- cars driven by other players go through you, water hose from firetrucks goes through you etc
- you can't be killed in your car
- no weapons in car, and trying to run over someone will make you go through them
- killing someone in passive gives bad sport
  • blk95ta and xxRichter like this

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:08 PM

Or you can stop being such a douche. They put in that mode for a reason.

Yes, so people can move around freely until they're ready to kill you!   RUN THEM ALL OVER!!!!!

rzurita01
  • rzurita01

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

Yeah I or run them over

Dr.Huge Poop
  • Dr.Huge Poop

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

I'll admit I do enjoy going to players under level 5 and tank spawn killing them. LOL

leeks
  • leeks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:57 AM

Passive mode is fine, just make kills by passive player/ on passive player a "bad sport" kill.

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:36 PM Edited by jcph3, 08 February 2014 - 03:39 PM.

That's been one of my biggest pet peeves since Online started.

We are in Passive Mode for a reason, 

Yes, usually to allow you free access to grief other players! 99% of passive players are trying to kill someone. It's the biggest DB move in the game. There may be some collateral damage but everyone who goes into passive should be hounded by the entire lobby until they're dead or repent !

If there really is that many players who want a total "pacifist" mode (and I doubt there is) you should only be able to go in and out of it in your apartment. 

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:42 PM

That's been one of my biggest pet peeves since Online started.

We are in Passive Mode for a reason, 

Yes, usually to allow you free access to grief other players! 99% of passive players are trying to kill someone. It's the biggest DB move in the game. There may be some collateral damage but everyone who goes into passive should be hounded by the entire lobby until they're dead or repent !

If there really is that many players who want a total "pacifist" mode (and I doubt there is) you should only be able to go in and out of it in your apartment. 

I like to glitch invincibility instead. You can run me over, plus I can kill you.

Plus, it's not a DB move because I'm just playing like you.

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:42 PM

While its possible to kill people in passive mode I just don't see why you would. I was running around in passive mode last night trying to see what people were up to, minding my own business and I had this guy in a tank trying to kill me. I don't understand people like that. I'm just trying to see what's up, I use a mic so its not like they don't know my intentions. I dunno I just think it's a misuse of your time trying to kill passive players. If we run you over and kill you I understand, but leave them alone, if they're like me they just wanna interact with people without causing a massive shootout

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:44 PM Edited by Vooodu, 08 February 2014 - 04:46 PM.

Or you can stop being such a douche. They put in that mode for a reason.

Ya... They put it on because they got their tank blown to bits. :D

Passive is not really passive tho.. Passive players can still shoot when in cars.

Passive mode should be for passive players.  Not douche bags looking for protection after trolling players.

SidSid
  • SidSid

Chairman of Juank Air

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

Nothing better than giving a little bitch tank driver a good old fire truck bath or 2 or 3 or 50 after he loses his precious little tank

Ric209aye
  • Ric209aye

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:16 PM

All of you that are saying that we shouldn't kill people in passive mode must have never been in a situation where you need to. I kill people in passive mode only if they've done something to me. Here goes a couple situations ive been in.

-Being spawn killed by a tank and after his tank got blown he went on passive , so he got the firetruck treatment and ran over.

-Minding my own business and getting killed , then when i respawn guy goes passive.

-Killing a crew of players who started a fight ,one of them goes passive and kills you when you arent paying attention.

What do all of you passive supporters have to say about this?

• ShinobiFixer and JoeMamma like this

MrComegetsum00
  • MrComegetsum00

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:22 PM

What about tank griefers? When they die it's instant passive. It's not worth bad sport points to take out people in tanks.

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

They wouldn't need a passive mode if they had balanced classes, no tanks or military grade weaponry all over the place.

If the stealth was even halfway decent and no white blips, then passive mode wouldn't be needed.

A weapon wheel made sense in Red Dead Redemption but not in the modern day setting where carrying that kind of arsenal is just not realistic.

Again, rockstar with their bad decision making.  Reasons why they didn't get GOTY.  

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:35 PM

- killing someone starts a realtime 5 minute delay before you can use passive mode
- cars driven by other players go through you, water hose from firetrucks goes through you etc
- no weapons in car, and trying to run over someone will make you go through them

I wouldn't say the person that is in passive mode shouldn't be run over, because that would be unbelievably unrealistic, but the passive mode player shouldn't lose health. Perhaps some cuts and dirt on the character's face, but not the loss of health.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

I wouldn't say the person that is in passive mode shouldn't be run over, because that would be unbelievably unrealistic

Passive mode is already unrealistic, unless you know of a way in real life to make it so that someone can put a tank turret against your face, unload over you 20 times and you just stand there, probably jerking off.  Please, let's leave out the word "realistic" when talking about a fantasy world game.

• JoeMamma likes this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:43 PM

If i'm in passive mode and someone even attempts to shoot at me or hit me with a car, they are reported for griefing which gives you a nice 1 point towards your badsport. Then i spawn kill them untill they leave the game.

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:47 PM

I like to glitch invincibility instead. You can run me over, plus I can kill you.

No it's a total DB move and usually pulled by the same DB's that glitch invincibility, Thanks for making my point  :miranda:

If i'm in passive mode and someone even attempts to shoot at me or hit me with a car, they are reported for griefing which gives you a nice 1 point towards your badsport. Then i spawn kill them untill they leave the game.

Dude I can't wait to met you in Free Roam  :lol:    

How do you want it ? run over ? eviscerated by chopper blades? blown up? smashed, or do you want the hose???

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:47 PM

No it's a total DB move and usually pulled by the same DB's that glitch invincibility, Thanks for making my point  :miranda:

Most people only do the Invincibility glitch because of R*'s retarded move to try and keep GTA V a griefing fest. If they added a friendly fire off mode, everyone would be happy.

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

Just got another one hiding on roof by the beach ( probably waiting to snipe somebody)  Came down with the buzzard and eviscerated her with the tail.  :cry:   Then I blew up the Buzzard with a sticky to bring the fire truck and spawn killed her 3 more times with the hose!  Finally she went out of Passive and repented her cheating ways so I left.

• Bozzah likes this

Wug
  • Wug

Wez

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:48 PM

Hey all, since you all hate getting killed, why don't you all go try out The Sims? Similar creation, make your house, change your hair and clothes, and plenty of stuff! And the best part, NO GUNS! Yaaayyyyyyyyyy!!

I mean, holy f*ck. I would assume you would be killed if it was GTA, right? Ya know, there are guns, for a reason. You're just lucky that Buzzards and Lazers don't lock onto vehicles with players in.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

Can't kill me while I'm killing you using only a baseball bat?

9f4.jpg

:santa:

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:06 PM

Just got another one hiding on roof by the beach ( probably waiting to snipe somebody)  Came down with the buzzard and eviscerated her with the tail.  :cry:   Then I blew up the Buzzard with a sticky to bring the fire truck and spawn killed her 3 more times with the hose!  Finally she went out of Passive and repented her cheating ways so I left.

First of all, that was a load of crap.

Secondly, just dial 911 if you want emergency services.  Much cheaper than blowing up buzzards.

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:15 PM

First of all, that was a load of crap.

Secondly, just dial 911 if you want emergency services.  Much cheaper than blowing up buzzards.

The Buzzard gets pretty messed up when you try to cut someone up with it, so by blowing it up I can call Pegasus for another one and it does bring the hose.

Ask gamer Litlbit--- if your a doubter or climb on a roof in Passive and I'll eventually get to you  :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users