How to kill someone in Passive mode

132 replies to this topic
NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:33 AM

killing players in passive mode is rude unless they switched into it after you were owning them.  Or if they are running around being a distraction for their friends that are trying to kill you.   

Shaenno
  • Shaenno

Lady Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

People should learn to leave Passive people alone. If you spray them with bullets and saw that nothing happened, you know that they are in passive, you just don't go and get your car and try to flatten them.

Most are probably on their mobiles or just new online. When I started playing online, we only get pistols it's really crap so I hid in passive mode all the time. I wouldn't want to be spending half of my game time trying to respawn everytime because higher levels with RPG's and Miniguns keeps at shooting me. I got out in Passive mode when I was level 15 and got a better gun to defend myself.

You can get run over / or sprayed with a firetruck hose in passive so go in a store/barber or either an elevated area while you go in your phone. Less deaths in passive mode, NEVER SIT IN YOUR CAR.

• abfirstr8 and vozi45 like this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:27 AM

In the middle of a warzone where I had a tank and five other people were duking it out amongst themselves a player in passive mode decided to go clothes shopping.

That did not work out well for the player because I parked my tank on her.

Keep in mind there is no warning passive mode is going off and they can hop In a vehicle and attack. I used to leave passive mode players alone until one stickied me.

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

Horrible Person

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:17 AM Edited by BatFerYou, 08 November 2013 - 03:09 PM.

Wow.  An Opinion thread.

"the game IS for this"

"no the game IS for that"

Some of you people should learn what the following words mean:

subjective

perception

opinion

viewpoint

And learn to keep an open mind.  There's no such thing as "right" for everyone, or humans would have figured out Utopia by now.

If you want safety, sit in your apartment/ garage.  Out of harm's way.  I do agree that roamers are suffering in this incarnation of the game though, GTAV free mode is stupidly limited. It's basically an interactive lobby.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:17 PM Edited by WBaker, 08 November 2013 - 01:20 PM.

We are in Passive Mode for a reason, We are trying to do something or we are using our phone so we can't see around us when it's dickheads like you who don't understand the rules of the game.

We are in Passive Mode for a reason, We aren't looking for a fight at the moment.

The rules allow passive players to be killed. So stop trying to break the rules.

Stop trying to be a dick, Passive Mode and Bad Sports are severely terrible. It's not all about murder in GTA Online, go play GTA IV multiplayer or just do Deathmatches.
I am pointing out that there is no rule breaking going on as was suggested with the "breaking the rules of the game" comment.

It's obvious that people who want to take up space on a 16 person lobby where combat is a major part of the game are not happy with passive mode but you have other options.

Edit: what exactly is only found on public servers that does not involve "murder"?

Dabbster
  • Dabbster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:04 AM

Well, before they make it so killing Passives = bad sport, they should make it so passive players cant carjack other players

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:12 AM

Stop being a dick. Leave people in Passive Mode alone they just wanna enjoy themselves, don't go and ruin it.

Spyrothedragon9972
  • Spyrothedragon9972

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:30 AM Edited by Spyrothedragon9972, 12 November 2013 - 04:31 AM.

How to kill someone whose in passive mode

Grab a firetruck and spray them with the hose .

Nevermind.  I cimpletely misunderstood that post.  I read it funny somehow.   

doggy-86_
  • doggy-86_

Car Collector

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:36 AM

Some level 7 idiots were on a motorcycle and enabled passive mode on the motorcycle while I was jogging to ammunation without passive mode. They started shooting me from the motorcycle (FLAW) and I ran around a corner and hid with my sawed off shotty. Needless to say, they died but they were screaming in their mics saying that the system was broken even though they were able to shoot me. I think weapons should be disabled in vehicles in passive mode :miranda: That's what they get.

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

Horrible Person

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:53 PM Edited by BatFerYou, 12 November 2013 - 12:53 PM.

^ exactly

It's just another system in the game that will be exploited.  Programmers can't legislate for millions of users playing the game for hours and finding loopholes.

Humans are horrible.   Get over it.

Expect to be attacked, then you won't be disappointed.

MarvGladstone
  • MarvGladstone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

If you don't want to be killed online, go into a solo session, or invite only session and invite your buddies.  If you're in the same session as me, you're fair game to be killed, as am I fair game to be killed by you.

• Eamonn3 and BatFerYou like this

FinalStandLabs
  • FinalStandLabs

TGN Partnered YouTuber

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:41 PM

true that :) fire truck is more fun though 

If you like fire trucks you will love this video. Also, the passive mode should be total invincibility, because you can run them over, spray them with a hose, basically do what ever you want besides shoot them.. Then on top of that people turn on passive mode, get close to you, then they turn it off and kill you... There could be some changes made to the way passive mode works for sure.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=C-uFVAfA5P8

• BatFerYou likes this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:36 PM

Originally passive mode did disable weapons in vehicles. That was changed.

Passive mode works fine. Just got to learn how to use it.

Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

They should've made it so when you do actually kill people in passive, it'd count towards being a Bad Sport.

• vozi45 likes this

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

Why'd they change it? I wish it were just kept to immune to bullets while in a car and cant fire in a car.

I think the idea is good, but poorly executed. I used to just leave people alone and I'd stay in passive mode but they would practically make it their mission to kill me. So now I just don't enable passive mode as it barely protects you, and just attack if someone else attacks me. 

Hope they patch it

Eamonn3
  • Eamonn3

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:25 PM

A player used passive mode to get up on a roof I was at today where the cops came up also. While I wasn't ready he came out of passive mode to kill me. So passive mode to get in a position to kill another player is a pansy tactic, that might as well be used since it's available. I texted the guy about it and said thanks for the trick.

LOL So not crying about it. It's part of the game but a really bad idea for GTAO. If you have a problem with getting killed by other players then go back to Story mode. Passive mode shouldn't really be in the game if ya ask me. Only reason for it is if you gotta pause the game. Like if ya gotta leave the game for some reason or your pulling up your map, or on the phone, then I can see a need for the passive option.

TheLazeboy
  • TheLazeboy

Bounty Huntee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:05 AM

A player used passive mode to get up on a roof I was at today where the cops came up also. While I wasn't ready he came out of passive mode to kill me. So passive mode to get in a position to kill another player is a pansy tactic, that might as well be used since it's available. I texted the guy about it and said thanks for the trick.

LOL So not crying about it. It's part of the game but a really bad idea for GTAO. If you have a problem with getting killed by other players then go back to Story mode. Passive mode shouldn't really be in the game if ya ask me. Only reason for it is if you gotta pause the game. Like if ya gotta leave the game for some reason or your pulling up your map, or on the phone, then I can see a need for the passive option.

>says it should be removed
>continues to say how it's a good idea

:p

tommysalive
  • tommysalive

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:57 PM

So we have to miss out on content we paid for because some people want to be dicks?

zacko98
  • zacko98

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:13 PM

How can you tell if someone's in passive mode though? Besides if you stand on the street in passive mode you have yourself to blame when killed, go to your apartment.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:09 AM

Why'd they change it? I wish it were just kept to immune to bullets while in a car and cant fire in a car.

I think the idea is good, but poorly executed. I used to just leave people alone and I'd stay in passive mode but they would practically make it their mission to kill me. So now I just don't enable passive mode as it barely protects you, and just attack if someone else attacks me. 

Hope they patch it

I don't know why R* changed but I don't think the intent of passive mode was ever to be free from any harm. That wouldn't be GTA.

Say you wanna chill in the strip club, go shopping, end a long drawn out ground war, or step afk while standing on something that protects you from cars, passive mode works great.

I wouldn't want to be in a lobby full of completely invulnerable players. It would be boring for me but I get some people want that. It would further split up the available playerbase but I'm not against a no pvp lobby where people who want that can have it.

JoeHook
  • JoeHook

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:23 AM

Kill a defenseless player who is clearly peaceful, good sport.

Drive down the wrong side of the track smashing into legitimate racers, good sport.

Team up with a friend in solo deathmatch, good sport.

Blow up the car of a madman murdering you and your friends, AND pay him for the damage, bad sport.

Quit out of a match of win farmers in deathmatch teaming up in solo rooms or smashing cars who aren't their friends, bad sport.

...srsly?

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:38 AM

Or you can stop being such a douche. They put in that mode for a reason.

Stupid excuse. Passive mode is for retards. I mean really it takes 2 seconds to switch to single player and AUTO save your game. 

Passive mode is a huge waste of coding.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

I got jumped by a group of 3 guys last night that were using passive mode in a very "un-cricket" manner.  2 of them were in passive mode and the 3rd wasn't, but of course when you pull your gun it just aims at the nearest to the center of the screen, and you can't tell which is which just by looking at them (you can't have a gun in passive mode, but it was night and they were all running round so difficult to tell).  Basically, 2 of them were human shields for the 3rd one and he was doing the killing.

With a playing style like that, I imagine when they finished playing they made a human triangle on the floor and pleasured each other all night long.

masterconch87
  • masterconch87

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

i agree with most of you.

but let me add one thing, you shouldn't be able te shoot while driving in passive.

some people use it like a free pass for sneak killing

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

I´ve never been killed while in passive mode, but I think it needs improvements hearing your experiences.

On another note, I feel sorry for those that can´t have fun outside stupid killing in free roam. It´s funny if you do it from time to time. But hanging out doing coop stuff with friends is WAY more funny and has way longer life span.

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:06 AM

When you find yourself in a server full of fools switch. I landed on a good group today. A group of guys where killing each other around the dock setting bounties and repeating. I picked up a random car Simeon wanted so I drive it over and said over the mike just passing through trying to drop this car off. Nobody shot at me or camped at the door. Took the money I earned and put it on a bounty on one of the guys there and joined in their fun.

I only use passive mode when I see a clown waiting when I'm shopping and just walk away if they chase just go where they cant run you over. They get bored and go away most times.

TheLazeboy
  • TheLazeboy

Bounty Huntee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:56 AM

Or you can stop being such a douche. They put in that mode for a reason.

Stupid excuse. Passive mode is for retards. I mean really it takes 2 seconds to switch to single player and AUTO save your game. 

Passive mode is a huge waste of coding.

"2 seconds"... lets all take a moment to think about this....

• vozi45 likes this

TheLazeboy
  • TheLazeboy

Bounty Huntee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:00 AM

How can you tell if someone's in passive mode though? Besides if you stand on the street in passive mode you have yourself to blame when killed, go to your apartment.

Not everyone has a property. Even if they would, it's not right to blame the victim for not being careful where they are supposed to be safe anyways. It's like how the U.S. military is with rape amongst male and female soldiers.

TheLazeboy
  • TheLazeboy

Bounty Huntee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:02 AM

It's simple, really, don't kill someone in Passive Mode and don't kill while in Passive Mode. That's it. It's not too complicated.

gotbeer518
  • gotbeer518

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

I agree deliberately killing someone in passive mode is grimey... but alot of scumbags use passive mode as a scapegoat...they kill someone multiple times especially players at lower levels then go into passive mode so they cant be killed...people like that piss me off

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users