» «
Photo

How to kill someone in Passive mode

132 replies to this topic
SgtDawsy
  • SgtDawsy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:04 AM Edited by SgtDawsy, 02 November 2013 - 04:11 AM.

How to kill someone whose in passive mode

Grab a firetruck and spray them with the hose .

• xxRichter likes this

Kyle_Stanton
  • Kyle_Stanton

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:15 AM

or you can just run their ass over :)

• Spade115 likes this

SgtDawsy
  • SgtDawsy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:20 AM

true that :) fire truck is more fun though 

• bitter_destructo likes this

tommysalive
  • tommysalive

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:56 PM

Or you can stop being such a douche. They put in that mode for a reason.

• the-axis, Ninja_Gear, blk95ta and 19 others like this

Davexen
  • Davexen

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:04 PM

Great advice. I have some more: Don't kill people in passive mode. Actually, don't kill people who are just going on their merry way at all. Find someone who wants to fight as well. Believe me, it's probably more fun than killing people who are just on their way to the barber or the mod shop.

• Aunty Fascist, Yogogamer, Her Peas and 6 others like this

sirrap1
  • sirrap1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:13 PM

Dumb idea....why create a passive mode if there at ways around to kill people?

Which is why I rarely play with others. I could be standing near my car using my phone and some damn idiot drives up and sprays me with bullets! I love survivals and death matches but I only play with friends now.
  • xxRichter, Thespaz9 and vozi45 like this

yakprince
  • yakprince

Doughboy

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

They should've made it so when you do actually kill people in passive, it'd count towards being a Bad Sport.

• Hamsterbaffle, GTA Banjo, TheLazeboy and 13 others like this

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

That's been one of my biggest pet peeves since Online started.

We are in Passive Mode for a reason, We are trying to do something or we are using our phone so we can't see around us when it's dickheads like you who don't understand the rules of the game.

When we're in passive mode we can't fight bad or draw our weapon to defend ourselves so it's not fair.

I agree anybody who kills another person when that  person is in Passive Mode should be labeled a Bad Sport.

We are in Passive Mode for a reason, We aren't looking for a fight at the moment.

It's morons like this who think the game is nothing by mindless killing everybody.

I'll bet these are the same morons who are whining and crying when they get labled a "Bad Sport" and they claim they don't know why

• tommysalive, blk95ta, Pixel S and 9 others like this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:06 AM

We are in Passive Mode for a reason, We are trying to do something or we are using our phone so we can't see around us when it's dickheads like you who don't understand the rules of the game.

We are in Passive Mode for a reason, We aren't looking for a fight at the moment.

The rules allow passive players to be killed. So stop trying to break the rules.
  • scubadave likes this

TheLazeboy
  • TheLazeboy

Bounty Huntee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:03 AM

The rules allow passive players to be killed. So stop trying to break the rules.

Stop trying to be a dick, Passive Mode and Bad Sports are severely terrible. It's not all about murder in GTA Online, go play GTA IV multiplayer or just do Deathmatches.

• Yogogamer likes this

Archvile78
  • Archvile78

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:26 AM

Dumb idea....why create a passive mode if there at ways around to kill people?

In a way i'm glad you can die while in passive mode. I mean think about it if you were invincible, especially with those people who spray water with the firetruck. You'd be infinitely stuck on the floor getting sprayed.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:07 AM Edited by BuyMeTheMoon, 04 November 2013 - 10:08 AM.

They should get bad sport for killing people in passive mode

• the_samich, Yogogamer, Crimson Glyph and 1 other like this

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

It becomes a problem when noobs kill you then put themselves in passive mode when you come after them. For that reason I'm glad they allow us to kill them by alternative means.
  • elless777 and Docfrost like this

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

thank heavens for solo sessions! no scumbags like this OP in there.
  • thevaiguy, Yogogamer, StuartStuff and 1 other like this

GodlessLiberal83
  • GodlessLiberal83

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:23 PM

I only use passive mode when someone is trying to spawn kill me with a tank.  Even then, you have to move from tree to tree so they can't run you over. 

tommysalive
  • tommysalive

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

It becomes a problem when noobs kill you then put themselves in passive mode when you come after them. For that reason I'm glad they allow us to kill them by alternative means.

Pretty sure you can trigger a one-on-one deathmatch that prevents that.

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

I see passive mode as a big invite to kill someone in unique ways. Also a big flag that says, look I am I can't defend myself.

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:55 PM Edited by ToBContinued08, 04 November 2013 - 09:11 PM.

Passive mode should completely "Passive". Meaning in no way can you be harmed. Cars go through you, bullets go through you, etc. If anything, make it so you can't be seen at all. Sometimes when I'm in passive mode, dumbf**ks will just follow me. Being completely invisible (FR & Map) would solve a lot it.

Attacking someone who is in passive mode is a cowards move. I always assume their mother didn't beat them enough as a child. Or they have ADD and drive a Focus.
  • thevaiguy, Yogogamer, Sir Get A Life and 3 others like this

Rule of Two
  • Rule of Two

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

Rockstar should have simply added servers for players who don't want a one on one death match with someone every two seconds.

I know you can play in a solo session or invite only session, but there's no way to meet other players this way.

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:16 AM

"We are in Passive Mode for a reason, We are trying to do something or we are using our phones so we can't see around us when it's dickheads like who you don't undersWBtand the rules of the game.

We are in Passive Mode for a reason, When aren't looking for a fight at the moment.

WBaker

"The rules allow passive players to be killed. so stop trying to break the rules."

Exactly what rules am I breaking? None I put myself in passive mode for a reason when I am not involved in the game at the moment but doing something within the game, Only to be killed by some noob who has nothing better to do and takes advantage of a situation where one can not defend themselves.

If anybody is breaking the rules it is the people who use their cars to kill people in Passive Mode and you can not say you didn't know the person was in Passive Mode.

Play the game right and go kill someone who will fight back.

Like I said any person who kills someone in Passive Mode should get Bad Sport points because you are killing a defenseless person who can not defend themselves in Passive Mode.

GTAO is NOT about going around and killing every player you see, So if you want to do that then go play GTA IV.

As for telling people if they don't want to be killed go play in a Private Session.

It's not the fact that being killed, It's the fact that people will go out of their way to kill a Passive Mode Player, When i'm actually playing the game I'm not in Passive Mode and I will shoot back we want to play with others but want to be left alone while we are doing something within the game.

So play the game correctly and follow the rules and everything will be fine but when you don't follow the rules and find yourself in a Bad Sport lobby you have no one to blame BUT yourself for that.

• thevaiguy, TezST, Yogogamer and 2 others like this

MootWizard
  • MootWizard

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:45 AM

Not to say that senseless killing is good, but I prefer to shoot first and ask questions later most of the time.

Often if you walk up/drive next to another player they will try and kill you on sight, I'd prefer to not die every time I see another player, but that's just my opinion.

Kill senselessly, be a passive player, whatever goes.

• thevaiguy likes this

the_samich
  • the_samich

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

I think the title should be changed to "how to kill the OP IRL"

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

Pretty sure you can trigger a one-on-one deathmatch that prevents that.

One on one deathmatch is the worst idea yet. I don't want to play a mini game, I want to kill the fkr then get on with my goal.

BeverlyHillbilly90210
  • BeverlyHillbilly90210

PhotoReal

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:22 AM

The only time I've killed people in passive mode is when a group of them (4 players) all jumped to passive mode to get on to and steal the tank I was in. I called for another and deliberately run them all down, for about 45 mins :lol:  

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

I see passive mode as a big invite to kill someone in unique ways. Also a big flag that says, look I am I can't defend myself.

Meh... Free Roam is a more of a main hub for players to fool around in.

Chances are anyone with passive is not being a coward, they are probably busy doing something that has nothing to do with PVP.

So killing them is more cowardly since that player is not trying to pvp.

I mean..Like in real life. If you pick fights with people who want to fight, that's cool. But if you go around punching people not looking for fights who are busy, then you're just being a dick..lol
  • tommysalive, Yogogamer, Crimson Glyph and 2 others like this

FalloutVeteran
  • FalloutVeteran

Laidback

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:02 AM

OP belongs back in COD with the other prepubescent 7 year old squealers.

• Yogogamer, Crimson Glyph, TimelyMeerkat and 2 others like this

1CrazyFool
  • 1CrazyFool

More Than Mortal

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

Great advice. I have some more: Don't kill people in passive mode. Actually, don't kill people who are just going on their merry way at all. Find someone who wants to fight as well. Believe me, it's probably more fun than killing people who are just on their way to the barber or the mod shop.

I totally agree. If you have a bounty on you then your fair game. Conversly a bounty has the right to defend themselves to try to claim it themselves but people just mooching about their business I leave them be and hope they would do the same to me.

• 8up local likes this

Crimson Glyph
  • Crimson Glyph

Garfunkel Squirts

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:43 AM Edited by Crimson Glyph, 07 November 2013 - 12:44 AM.

They should've made it so when you do actually kill people in passive, it'd count towards being a Bad Sport.

Either this, or just make it so you're basically a ghost character when passive. I don't think you should be able to die in passive mode at all. Completely defeats the point.

• TimelyMeerkat likes this

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:37 AM

Playing last night I was buying a mask down by the beach and got run down by a mac truck. Luckily had the tinniest amount of health left and hid behind a barrier. Was able to get out in time but it kinda suck having to leave a session for simply doing some shopping. Seems like the dickheads are out in force in GTAO, that's why I keep away from most ppl except friends and crew members.
  • vozi45 likes this

Munkeyhaus
  • Munkeyhaus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:30 AM Edited by Munkeyhaus, 07 November 2013 - 04:31 AM.

Nobody is going to convince the asshats what they're doing isn't cool. And because Passive just doesn't work I do anything non MP I need to do, I do in Solo Mode. When I want to play MP I just zone into another server in my apartment and Quick Job it. It's tedious but it is what it is, for now. And killing a passive should earn Bad Sport, really surprising this hasn't happened yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users