cops are way too aggressive

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic
ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:10 PM Edited by ZZCOOL, 01 November 2013 - 10:24 PM.

this might seem a little late but i have always felt this never said anything

cops are really insane and aggresive in this game

the problem is that they seem to know your every turn so it feels like you are controlling them when you turn your car

a good way to show what i mean is when you have a police car infront of you and try to drive around it you litterally can't as it follows your car like a magnet

http://www.youtube.c...VY5ieTPVFs#t=63

example

invveoKOsjfUb.gif

thats pretty much my biggest gripe with the police they are really powerful they know your every move you can never outrun one no matter which car they are super strong and crash into your car by insane force

they really are strong and powerful

it just ruins a police chase in my opinion as if you have 3 of them after you they will form around you and trap you this ofcourse may be realistic but they are also built like freaking tanks so once they trap you it's like concrete walls around you you can't escape

but the bit where they follow your car like a magnet isn't they are just too strong and powerful and aggressive

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

I agree, they are too strong and aggressive, but still it is very possible to have fun and survive 4 or 5 stars for a very long time, either on foot or car.
  • ZZCOOL likes this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:25 PM

It's like when a cop gets close to you, the game mimics your controls/movements. You can make little movements and watch it happen. Another thing is getting shot by many different cops from far away. They have pistols, not rifles. It really just kills the game when I'm trying to dick around.

FromBrnoCity
  • FromBrnoCity

Don't call me guy, I have no peenus.I have nice new tits btw

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:29 PM

Too aggresive?Well but it's much fun!I like when they are trying to block my car while chase.I think R* did a good job on this.

And it's much easier to lose them than in others GTAs to me, just sayin'.

ReekyAlex
  • ReekyAlex

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:37 PM

Atleast they aren't retarded like in IV. Now they're just semi retarded.

FromBrnoCity
  • FromBrnoCity

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

Atleast they aren't retarded like in IV. Now they're just semi retarded.

My words amigo.

N3W Quickness
  • N3W Quickness

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

For real one star and I'm already getting shotgunned

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:53 PM Edited by ThroatSlasher2, 01 November 2013 - 11:54 PM.

Too aggresive?Well but it's much fun!I like when they are trying to block my car while chase.I think R* did a good job on this.

Well, they're easier to lose when you don't have them right up your ass. Im sorry, but if I am in a police chase with any other vehicule that doesnt have amazing top speed ( Vacca, Infernus, Cheetah, Entity XF, Adder ), then im f*cked. Even yesterday I got rammed in the ass in my Turbo tuned Vacca. At two freaking stars.

Edit: Oh and I almost forgot, a few days ago, I was in a police chase in my Adder, and good god... a police car spawned maybe 30 feet away from my car. It happened so fast, I crashed in the car, got ejected from mine and died.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:00 AM Edited by AlexL, 02 November 2013 - 12:01 AM.

Well, they're easier to lose when you don't have them right up your ass. Im sorry, but if I am in a police chase with any other vehicule that doesnt have amazing top speed ( Vacca, Infernus, Cheetah, Entity XF, Adder ), then im f*cked. Even yesterday I got rammed in the ass in my Turbo tuned Vacca. At two freaking stars.

Edit: Oh and I almost forgot, a few days ago, I was in a police chase in my Adder, and good god... a police car spawned maybe 30 feet away from my car. It happened so fast, I crashed in the car, got ejected from mine and died.

I don't know how many times I've seen cop cars spawn RIGHT in front of me... it's like they don't even wait for you to look away before they spawn anymore, lol.

FromBrnoCity
  • FromBrnoCity

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:04 AM

Well I actually didn't had a problem lose cops with four stars in Trevor's car Bodhi, Rebel and these types of cars, sometimes I died but when I want I can to concentrate to lose 'em and it's fun. :)

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:06 AM

I love how the cops are in this game.  It's fairly easy to get away from them until you get helicopters on you, then it's more challenging, as it should be.

Just drive off road when you are up north, and just make lots of turns in the city.  Easy peasy.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:08 AM Edited by Red XIII, 02 November 2013 - 12:10 AM.

Yeah I didn't like that, also when I was getting chased by hitmen i would drive far away from em, look back and they would magically teleport right behind me, what the hell is up with that?

FromBrnoCity
  • FromBrnoCity

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:10 AM

I love how the cops are in this game.  It's fairly easy to get away from them until you get helicopters on you, then it's more challenging, as it should be.

Just drive off road when you are up north, and just make lots of turns in the city.  Easy peasy.

Exactly what I think.It's more harder when they're trying to get you from the sky, but like you said it's more challenging, hard and fun as should to be. :)

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:13 AM

Exactly what I think.It's more harder when they're trying to get you from the sky, but like you said it's more challenging, hard and fun as should to be. :)

It's sure fun but not when you have to escape them every 5 minutes because you bumped into a pedestrian and instantly got a wanted level :miranda:

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:14 AM

When I am going against the cops I like a challenge. They were just so easy in IV. This time around you have to actually think about where you hide. 

FromBrnoCity
  • FromBrnoCity

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

It's sure fun but not when you have to escape them every 5 minutes because you bumped into a pedestrian and instantly got a wanted level :miranda:

Oh haha, of course!This doesn't happen to me a lot... I can say, it's rare when I bumb into some pedestrian this control of cars is so great I don't even have to kill them with my car... I love big explosions. :D
And after my lovely explosions I start almost every nice chase.

ajrunke
  • ajrunke

I'm on a boat!

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

When I am going against the cops I like a challenge. They were just so easy in IV. This time around you have to actually think about where you hide. 

Except for the fact that many times they spawn directly in front of you already IN their cone of vision.......

KiiNGKiiLL
  • KiiNGKiiLL

Semper Fatalis Leader

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:28 AM

My only gripe with the police in V is that they're psychic. You shoot someone out in the middle of nowhere with no one around to witness it and somehow you end up with a wanted level. There are a few things that need to be changed when it comes to cops and they're abilities. However, sometimes you can get into some pretty epic chases and they're really not that hard to avoid. Just drive offroad and up a hill or something. 

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:30 AM

On a straight road, as long as they aren't yet ahead of you, swerve from left to right especially in between ped cars and the cops will not know what to do. Also, breaking, and then driving off again sometimes works well.

My main issue would be when cops literally spawn in the middle of a road you are driving along, and  cops probably driving little too fast.

I'd agreee that their power to "predict" your movements when they're in front of you is almost super human, but once you get a handle on their AI you can get around that. The problem is it's not really AI, it's a cheap shortcut.that coppy/pastes your input..

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

FALLING INTO OLD HABIT$

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

i dont have issues with cops in sp, but online is another thing. their agressiveness kinda ruin big gun fights as they show from everywhere really fast.

still dont prevent me from going in some
amazing killing spree like the one i had today, 4 guys against me haha it was fun, some bad sport as 4 personal cars were destroyed by me but f*ck it, i enjoyed the action!

Nyxian
  • Nyxian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:41 AM

I agree with the OP and would like to add that today, playing as Trevor, I was hit by a car. When I got to my feet, immediate One-star wanted level. Had no choice but to jack a car, three shotgun rounds to the back of my head. Wasted.

That's the first time in any GTA game I have gotten a Wanted level for BEING RUN OVER.

So Realistic.

• saintsrow likes this

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:45 AM

I agree with the OP and would like to add that today, playing as Trevor, I was hit by a car. When I got to my feet, immediate One-star wanted level. Had no choice but to jack a car, three shotgun rounds to the back of my head. Wasted.

That's the first time in any GTA game I have gotten a Wanted level for BEING RUN OVER.

So Realistic.

You dented that poor persons car.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:46 AM

I hate their flanking moves the most, I'm sitting pretty picking them off right in front of me and I start getting shot from the sides, I'm like f*ck. But it makes gunfights offline more tense and actually more enjoyable than gta 4, That was way too easy, cops can miss you at point blank range.

Nyxian
  • Nyxian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:48 AM

So Realistic.

You dented that poor persons car.

Fair point, I didn't have time to consider it whilst my face was hurtling through their windscreen. Dread to think of what bodily fluids might have spilled over onto their dashboard...

RawPunk
  • RawPunk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:10 AM

That+s+nice+honey+_64449d662fd89e4e901a1

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:18 AM

It's like when a cop gets close to you, the game mimics your controls/movements. You can make little movements and watch it happen. Another thing is getting shot by many different cops from far away. They have pistols, not rifles. It really just kills the game when I'm trying to dick around.

yep, you can't do the "crossover move" to an oncoming cop car and the police are like bloodhounds, they know which alleyway you went into even if they didn't see you, it's like you're leaving a trail of scent or something. smh!

InsiDiouSuspect91
  • InsiDiouSuspect91

Infinite gaming

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:35 AM

Also just staring at a cop also causes a wanted level to begin and they sometimes just start shooting wtf!!!

This is what i think the level should be:

One star they should run around with a night stick or tazer to try to stop you.

Two stars fire a warning shot and then tazer the sh*t out of you over and over (If weapon is drawn then they just fire their normal pistols). 

Three stars is fine  where it stands. 

Four stars should introduce noose in the FIB vans (the aggressiveness I don't mind I mean their noose after all).

Five stars more of the same just actually have the noose riot vans chase you (them hanging out of the vans is so stupid, yet funny but not realistic at all).

If there was  sixth star I would bet money on the military having their way with you with buzzards and tanks (now that would be interesting).

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

Also just staring at a cop also causes a wanted level to begin and they sometimes just start shooting wtf!!!

This is what i think the level should be:

One star they should run around with a night stick or tazer to try to stop you.

Two stars fire a warning shot and then tazer the sh*t out of you over and over (If weapon is drawn then they just fire their normal pistols). 

Three stars is fine  where it stands. 

Four stars should introduce noose in the FIB vans (the aggressiveness I don't mind I mean their noose after all).

Five stars more of the same just actually have the noose riot vans chase you (them hanging out of the vans is so stupid, yet funny but not realistic at all).

If there was  sixth star I would bet money on the military having their way with you with buzzards and tanks (now that would be interesting).

No, at 3 stars they shouldn't have that annoying helicopter shooting you....

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

FALLING INTO OLD HABIT$

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

like i said the other day in other post... they disnt remove the 6 star, they actually removed the first star, that why we feel the cops so agressive. we are used to the cops being less violent during the first 2 stars but in this case since they removed the first star, in reality when we get a wanted level we start at 2 stars which in other gtas is when cops start shooting.

in IV...
1 star= 1-2 cops chase, trying to arrest you.
2 star= more cops join and now they open fire.
3 star= more cops, roadblocks, fib joins.
4 star= first helicopter, noose swat is added, police patriot ramming everything.
5 star= 2 helicopters and more cops.
6 star= all agencies are out to kill you.

on V...
1 star= 3-4 cops chase you a few feet.
2 star= more cops and they open fire.
3 star= helicopter, police vans roadblock and spike strips.
4 star= more helicopters, noose rappeling down, riot van, fib suvs.
5 star= full on war with tanks and everything.

sputnikinmunich
  • sputnikinmunich

KifflomMyAss

• New Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:12 PM

I agree. They shot me to to death after I stood by a group of them for a while. Far from realism.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users