33 replies to this topic
Fluttsy
  • Fluttsy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

I hate this feature...

I have an Entity XF, worth about 1Mill.

If someone blows it up they pay 10k, but the thing is, if they have no cash, they don't pay and I do.

So people keep blowing my car up, if I retaliate and blow them up, I become a Bad Sport, with a... Stylish Dunce cap, forced to play with other bad sports, and not able to join my friends.

Rockstar need to remove this feature... or at least tweak it, this is Grand Theft Auto, not Group Hugging.

TheMarkOfKhan
  • TheMarkOfKhan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

I hate this feature...

I have an Entity XF, worth about 1Mill.

If someone blows it up they pay 10k, but the thing is, if they have no cash, they don't pay and I do.

So people keep blowing my car up, if I retaliate and blow them up, I become a Bad Sport, with a... Stylish Dunce cap, forced to play with other bad sports, and not able to join my friends.

Rockstar need to remove this feature... or at least tweak it, this is Grand Theft Auto, not Group Hugging.

Whenever the message pops up saying you just became a bad sport, hit your disk tray to go to the dashboard so the game doesn't save,

LeoV
  • LeoV

Rapist Of North Los Santos

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

I JUST got out of bad sport. Needless to say I learned my "lesson" however it's still the most retarded thing in the game. Gta a world where things blowing up is common is....BAD? Rockstar needs to rework the system, mostly just the blowing peoples sh*t up as a bad thing. Shoot someone in the face? GOOD JOB. Blow the same persons car up? OHHH NOOOO YOU DIDNT!!!

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:25 PM

I JUST got out of bad sport. Needless to say I learned my "lesson" however it's still the most retarded thing in the game. Gta a world where things blowing up is common is....BAD? Rockstar needs to rework the system, mostly just the blowing peoples sh*t up as a bad thing. Shoot someone in the face? GOOD JOB. Blow the same persons car up? OHHH NOOOO YOU DIDNT!!!

The worst part is after PAYING for their entire insurance bill, you still get a bad sport warning/subsequent removal to bad sport lobby. Spent like 200k on a tank rampage just on insurance bills, plus a dunce hat slapped on me.

BILLDOZER
  • BILLDOZER

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:21 AM Edited by BILLDOZER, 02 November 2013 - 02:22 AM.

Just got bad sport for accidentally blowing up a random guys car in a mission with the buzzard.   The frikken thing locked on to an enemy and just so happen to hit his parked car.

Which is perfect cause now I cant play GTA with my friends over the weekend unless it takes it off within the next day.

Granted I have blown up people cars here and there over the week, but only once was it for trolling, all the others were either by accident or self defense. 

Its not like I was going around blowing people cars up constantly! In a game like this stuff happens and once in a while it includes cars and explosions. Especially when your hunting bounties in a Buzzard, if a bounty is running away from you in their personal vehicle, and you kill it with a missile,  why should you be punished?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Forum Drunk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:44 AM

You don't always have to blow their car up just because they've blown yours up. Be the bigger man and just get your car out of insurance, for free I might add and resume playing like normal.. or simply aim better to kill them without destroying their car.

Bad Sport solved.

m3dic8d
  • m3dic8d

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:50 AM

A way to get around that is to kill the person and after they respawn before they get back to their vehicle shoot the tires out and douse the car and ground with gas... when they go to drive off the sparks catch fire and their car blows up :)

And it doesn't count as you blowing it up either

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

You don't always have to blow their car up just because they've blown yours up. Be the bigger man and just get your car out of insurance, for free I might add and resume playing like normal.. or simply aim better to kill them without destroying their car.

Bad Sport solved.

Wow. Simply wow.
This is grand theft auto if you hadn't noticed. Not everyone wants to play like an old man and stay passive in a sandbox shooter.

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

The solution is very simple provided Rockstar will listen.

-Bad Sport flags should only come into play to those who quit mid-way jobs, races, survival, etc. and instead of throwing Bad Sport players in a separate room, make them pay a fine that gets larger as their bad sport number rises.

-Passive should be completely passive. When on passive mode, no one can harm you or your vehicle. Untouchable.
  • XmeatshieldX likes this

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:42 PM Edited by M6 dRMG, 02 November 2013 - 12:43 PM.

The solution is very simple provided Rockstar will listen.
-Bad Sport flags should only come into play to those who quit mid-way jobs, races, survival, etc. and instead of throwing Bad Sport players in a separate room, make them pay a fine that gets larger as their bad sport number rises.
-Passive should be completely passive. When on passive mode, no one can harm you or your vehicle. Untouchable.

And how will R* differentiate between quitting and losing server connection/forced game error meaning you need to reset console etc.

The entire system needs to go. If you blow up someone's vehicle you pay for it. End of story. Don't want randoms to quit in missions? Only play with friends.

Edit: And do away with passive mode. Instead add passive lobbies and PvP lobbies.

p3ezi
  • p3ezi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:14 PM Edited by p3ezi, 02 November 2013 - 06:17 PM.

I would like a glowing bad sport tattoo... let mf's know that I dont mind doing the crime so I definitely don't mind doing the time. so don't bother me when I'm minding my own business bc I will hunt you down and kill you all day. I don't use tanks or buzzards to do my dirt either. i just like throwing bombs and getting into shoot outs, the more the better, anyways I should still be able to play with friends despite my devious ways.

Butchershy
  • Butchershy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:36 PM

This is the stupidest f*cking thing that has ever been forced on players. I like to get a jet to collect bounties on players, but when I kill them they are in thier car. So I guess I can't play with my freinds anymore because I destroyed their car ,witch I had to pay for. This has completely ruined my experience. GTA Online is about playing with friends and doing what you want.

dchiggins
  • dchiggins

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:32 PM

How long is the bad sport for? It says 2d 16 hours for me, is that gta time or actaully 2d 16 hours real time?

wannaslide
  • wannaslide

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:02 AM

well if there wasn't so many sh*theads they wouldn't need the bad sport, I don't mind getting in shoot outs with randoms in gta, but how is it fun once I've been killed, to sit there and shoot my bike until it blows up ? I don't think I have ever blown up someones car  yet, even if they're chasing me down and trying to run me over, I just take cover and try and get them through the window, its more fun that way.

GTSRyan
  • GTSRyan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:43 AM Edited by GTSRyan, 03 November 2013 - 04:44 AM.

Bad sport does need to go. I crashed into another person's car and his car conveniently gets totaled, giving me a beautiful dunce cap. Now can't play with friends or go out of my apartment in a public game for six days without a tank battalion waiting for me at my doorsteps/garage.

Rockstar is hilarious...

dchiggins
  • dchiggins

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

6 real days or gta days ?

LandstalkerV9
  • LandstalkerV9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

A way to get around that is to kill the person and after they respawn before they get back to their vehicle shoot the tires out and douse the car and ground with gas... when they go to drive off the sparks catch fire and their car blows up :)

And it doesn't count as you blowing it up either

ohh i love your way of thinking

dchiggins
  • dchiggins

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

Heres a workAround kind of .

Get some duct tape and tape your anolouge sticks so your camera is moving.
Do this in your apartment were you wont get killed.
Then leave your xbox on overnight and go to sleep.

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

Proud Leader Of The Chrome Patrol (CHPT)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:14 AM Edited by AiraCobra, 04 November 2013 - 12:19 AM.

No Bad Sport doesn't need to go, It does need tweaking but it needs to stay.

Unlike GTA IV, GTA V Online isn't about going around mindlessly killing people, It's about going jobs, missions races ect.

If you want to go around killing people more power to you but go and find someone who wants to fight back, Don't get in your car to kill a passive person because they won't fight back and killing someone in passive mode with a car should get you an automatic bad sport.

I think any person who kills another person who is in Passive Mode should get a bad sport,

You can tell when a person is in passive mode, So when you shoot someone and nothing happens you know they are in passive mode, Don't go and get into your car and run them over.

It's not fair since people in Passive Mode who are most likely on their phone or doing something at the time so they don't see the screen and someone driving right at them and if we do notice we can not defend themselves and it takes 10 seconds to get out of passive mode so by time you get out of it you're already dead.

If you want to stop being labled a "Bad Sport" then play the game correctly and find people who want to have gun fights and leave Passive People alone

dchiggins
  • dchiggins

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:48 AM

Most people in bad sports are not there for messing with people in passive mode. Not even sure that counts towards being a bad sport I dont think it does.
Ive played in the bad sport for a day now and there seems to be less assholes than normal servers.
Less random killing because youve been seen, and less of people abonding missions and races etc.
I think that in bad sport lobbies most people will behave a bit wanting to get out.

The most frustrating part is not being able to play with friends all because I blew my friends vehichle up a few times.

Right now my charector is walking cirles in his appartment while I go to sleep.

ProudDunceCapOwner
  • ProudDunceCapOwner

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

Unlike GTA IV, GTA V Online isn't about going around mindlessly killing people, It's about going jobs, missions races ect.

If you want to stop being labled a "Bad Sport" then play the game correctly...

Surely you can't be so arrogant and out-of-touch as to not realize that this is merely your opinion, right?  There is no such thing as "playing the game correctly" in a game such as this - the correct way to play is however each player wants to play.

That's the whole point and beauty of free roam.  It's free.  Meaning you can do what you like.  There is no such thing as correct or not correct play.

You take yourself and this game way too seriously trying to argue otherewise.

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:23 PM Edited by DrDetroit, 04 November 2013 - 05:24 PM.

...Ive played in the bad sport for a day now and there seems to be less assholes than normal servers...I think that in bad sport lobbies most people will behave a bit wanting to get out.

The most frustrating part is not being able to play with friends all because I blew my friends vehichle up a few times.

You have a great example on how the Bad Sport method seems to work, for the most part.  I noticed that it's not nearly as bad online, I'd assume because of the bad sport lobby and policy.  

To my surprise, I actually walked right past many players online, especially in the last week, without the usual unprovoked attacks and spam attacks.  I also see the others battling it out between themselves without getting me involved, which is nice.

Anyhow, I still keep my eyes and ears open, if anybody gets within a block of me I've got my carbine ready and cover very close by, but I'll wait for them to make the first move unless they are following me down an alley.  

Fun stuff!

DrDetroit  

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

I can tell you this,

I'm out of Money at the moment so I'm going to blow up expensive cars with sticky bombs. :D

• ProudDunceCapOwner likes this

Nicademus79
  • Nicademus79

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

Just got put into Bad Sport for defending myself against trolls. Just bought a Vacca and was taking to the mod shop for a paint job. When I come out there were 5 guys waitng with c4 and grenades. Did not survive that encounter needless to say. Didn't care too much about that but what got me was that they were ganging up on me everytime I respawned. Didn't even have enough time to access my phone or run away, but I did pull out my rocket launcher and started to defend myself.

Now I'm a Bad Sport. Not too sore about it. Just letting you all know that if you back me into a corner I will retialiate, and I will hunt you down relentlessly. Either your going to die or your going to leave the server. I'm known to keep my distance from other players and I rarely have a bounty on me. But you ain't a tru gangstar unless you've been a Bad Sport. Level 105 and this my first Bad Sport and I am not afraid to go back. So remember the name Nicademus79, Because if I'm in the server you best keep your distance.

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:06 PM

Just got put into Bad Sport for defending myself against trolls. Just bought a Vacca and was taking to the mod shop for a paint job. When I come out there were 5 guys waitng with c4 and grenades. Did not survive that encounter needless to say. Didn't care too much about that but what got me was that they were ganging up on me everytime I respawned. Didn't even have enough time to access my phone or run away, but I did pull out my rocket launcher and started to defend myself.

Now I'm a Bad Sport. Not too sore about it. Just letting you all know that if you back me into a corner I will retialiate, and I will hunt you down relentlessly. Either your going to die or your going to leave the server. I'm known to keep my distance from other players and I rarely have a bounty on me. But you ain't a tru gangstar unless you've been a Bad Sport. Level 105 and this my first Bad Sport and I am not afraid to go back. So remember the name Nicademus79, Because if I'm in the server you best keep your distance.

Yea, that's some bullsh*t when that happens.  I mean, if you're getting spam attacked what the hell are you supposed to do?  Hopefully R* comes up with a decent solution to this issue.

DrDetroit

• Nicademus79 likes this

MrSirLanceAlot
  • MrSirLanceAlot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

I really hate the Bad Sport feature.. you blow up a car here and there out of retaliation or revenge in a session. I was told that if you blow up a certain amount of owned cars in one session then yeah you would get stuck in the bad sport sessions. Well ive learned that's not so much true? I only blow up 1-4 cars in a day and I sadly realized that it doesnt matter whether or not it happened in a mission or in free mode all in one day or a week, once you get to that certain number of allowed cars to blow up, your f*cked and stuck with all the none caring only wanting to cheat their ways to the highest ranks and most cash just to get a tank and ruin everyones day. and almost no matter what your stuck with those pricks with no chance of redemption.

creamofpayne
  • creamofpayne

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

I was the driver in an SUV, parked in the street, waiting for a friend to get in the car. We were in the middle of a battle with a couple other guys and they were respawning. In the distance I spot a dinky propeller plane heading our way. I begin shouting at my friend to get in the car as this guy was clearly maneuvering to kamikaze. At the same time, the guys we were battling pull up in two cars just as the plane comes crashing down on us. My friend barely sneaks into the passenger seat as the landing gear sweeps by the door, but not surprisingly the plane destroys both of the cars that were chasing us and I'M credited with blowing both of them up.

Luckily those were my first two credited car destructions so I wasn't a bad sport. But I was pretty pissed I had to dish out the insurance and now have two less 'freebies' when I do actually want to blow up someone's car.

Just another example of how this Bad Sport system can truly never be perfect. 

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

Bad Sport solved.

Wow. Simply wow.
This is grand theft auto if you hadn't noticed. Not everyone wants to play like an old man and stay passive in a sandbox shooter.

So the only way to NOT play like a old man, is to blow up vehicles? wtf is wrong with the bad sport lobbies, can't you just enjoy it? You are there for a reason- and if you are there you probably like to play with those people 

XmeatshieldX
  • XmeatshieldX

Fish

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:48 PM

I think the feature should be removed for people who have a bounty, I've spent too much time chasing around idiots who drive all over the world and are quite difficult to shoot, much easier to just sticky the car and be done with it, I wouldn't even mind still being stuck with paying the insurance. But in other circumstances it's necessary, people who run around blowing up people's cars for no reason deserve to be put in the bad sport lobbies. 

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

Bad Sport solved.

Wow. Simply wow.

So the only way to NOT play like a old man, is to blow up vehicles? wtf is wrong with the bad sport lobbies, can't you just enjoy it? You are there for a reason- and if you are there you probably like to play with those people 

It bothers me because we are being cast aside as 'bad' players for playing how we want to in a game that promotes senseless killing and chaos, and have to wear a silly hat plus lose features like wearing masks, haircuts hats etc, not to mention the ability to join friends who may not be as tank happy as you, all the while still forking out thousands on insurance!
I'm not saying you have to play like an old man, I'm saying if you want to be a passive target people are going to kill you, accept it or demand passive lobbies. Not revoke gaming rights from those who do wish to play gta as it has always been played.
  • ProudDunceCapOwner likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users